December 2014 Moms
Options

Hodor is dead :(

Re: Hodor is dead :(

• Options
    @twoandthrough‌ I hope your mom makes it there in time for you! It so hard to plan things that can't be planned. People constantly ask me why I won't just let the dr induce me to make planning easier. They always look at me like I have two heads when I tell them that unless I have medical reason to be induced I won't go that route.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    edited October 2014
    I forget what it's like to go to sleep without my mouth tasting like tums. :((

@MissChristineMarie‌ what is it about the coke at mcdonalds? It is sooo much better than anywhere else.

ETA: words suck
  • Options
    thinking of you ladies with husbands deployed. you are so strong to be dealing with being the primary caregivers/homemakers/etc, and then be faced with L&D while your significant others are out of the country. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

I think I'm all caught up on both the board wars and the post war panic. You guys continue to crack me up, although I'm a little sad we didn't totally annihilate them with our free pass this weekend!

CAH was fun, so I'm really sad I missed NHIE! I'm a crazy adventurous hoe bag so it's hard to come up with stuff unless youre talking about hard core drugs. Meth ... Not even once ladies.

I spent my weekend visiting family and missing my bed like crazy. Last night was wonderful, I'm never leaving my pregnancy pillow again!

• Options
    @Shortstack06‌ I'll be keeping your friend in my thoughts.

@riansmommie‌ ::hugs:: I don't know how Id handle my husband being away. Vent all you need!

@leosmom25‌ I have a bit of caffeine every day, the occasional glass of red wine, sushi and deli meats here and there, so I'm already well on the path to the bad mommy award ;)

• Options
    Hello Monday. For all you ladies that have Monday off, I am jealous.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    BrainCellSupBrainCellSup member
    edited October 2014
    Go get a salted caramel WHITE mocha...you're life will change.
    @chelseavranich‌ done-it's on my list. I like having realistic goals for my day.

@brookey79‌ that's how i'd usually have my PSLs (and I agree the taste change is likely a pregnancy thing), so will definitely try that. Although I'm wondering if I'm missing out by skipping the whipped cream. Just never went for it before.

@riansmommie I really hope your husband can be with you for the birth. Generally the D14 women are a stoic bunch but even if it was always a possibility, it's a tough situation and you have all my sympathy. Also I hope your mom can get a good week in with your sister and also support you. That's the drawback of being capable adult--those who know you likely can assume you'll be fine, which you will but still!

I had my first BH this morning, and knew what was up thanks to regularly reading these boards. I was in my nest of pillows in bed--not sure if it'll feel so mild when I'm out and about!
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Options
    I think I'm getting that nerve pain you guys previously have talked about.  My lower back/upper part of my left butt cheek hurt like all hell when I'm walking lolol.  
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Also military mommas, I have no idea how you do it! MH is gone for a week at a time and I feel so lonely :( You have all my sympathies! 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    allitor12 said:
    Oh Monday you're a bitch. I've been bombarded by employees woes this morning and so far have gotten this: "It's cold in here" employee "It feels good" me "Well that's bc you have all that extra...padding" employee Hooray.
    I am waiting on my boss to show up to approve time sheets, she said "It's early" I have to calculate at least 10 sheets for 90 people. Seriously? 
    D14 - Free For All

• Options
    perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    edited October 2014
    Good morning. I hope you all don't mind if I jump in? I really needed a bump break over the weekend. I've had enough drama in my life between my parents (bitterly divorced and never hid any of their unhappiness from their 3 year old daughter) and high school and Knot/Nest boards in the past, I just didn't even want to try and read/respond/react/deal with made up BS. I love this board for support, bother giving and receiving, and comparing stories of pg symptoms, good and bad, and just being able to talk with other women that are in a similar place in life as me.
    All the other crap I just don't want.

I did lurk a little on boards that looked safe, I couldn't stay completely away from all you ladies! And now it looks like a lot of stuff has been cleaned up which is great!

So...Good Monday morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day!
    And can I share a photo? We had a mini maternity shoot last week and the photographer sent me the pics late last night.
    [IMG]https://i62.tinypic.com/261nnyo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i57.tinypic.com/2irndxf.jpg[/IMG]

:-? hmmm I can't get it to work.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    I normally have Mondays off, but our partners are on vacation, so I have to work. This sucks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So I'm having an existential crisis this morning.  As my due date quickly approaches and my life will forever be handed over to some little human, I'm thinking about what it is that makes me tick.. Like, what do I do?  The answer is nothing.  I have no hobbies.  I mean, I like things, but I don't actually do them. Do you guys do stuff?  I feel like before I pop this kid out, I should really evaluate the things in my life that make me excited/happy and hold on to to them somehow.  I'm just not sure how to. I mean, I know I should just DO them.  My H has plenty of hobbies - golf, poker, sports-watching...  I do nothing.  I like travel, photography, drawing, reading, wine, breweries... i guess.. I just don't know where to get the motivation to do these things and make them a real, meaningful part of my life. 

Heavy for a monday morning.
  • Options
    sysakbabysysakbaby member
    edited October 2014
    3girlsnthepup said:
    Anna930 said:
    Also I had a night last night where whichever side I was laying on, I'd wake up about an hour or two later with crazy hip pain.  Go through the grunts and struggles of flipping over onto the other hip and spend maybe an hour or so before waking up with hip pain there.  I keep a pillow between my knees but couldn't get the right height for that pillow or for under my head. BLAH! crappy sleep, go away!  Feeling pretty damn out of it this morning due to that!

This is me EVERY night.
    +1

• Options
    sysakbabysysakbaby member
    edited October 2014
    @Cryssteen I sometimes feel I have too many hobbies lol. I think what @MissChristineMarie said is spot on though. Once the baby is here we will probably adjust our hobbies or find new things to do that include them. You could also spend more time exploring the things you do enjoy like drawing and reading. Explore stuff online, try some easy DIY projects. Also most books you can read the first chapter or 2 through amazon.

• Options
    Anna930 said:
    Also I had a night last night where whichever side I was laying on, I'd wake up about an hour or two later with crazy hip pain.  Go through the grunts and struggles of flipping over onto the other hip and spend maybe an hour or so before waking up with hip pain there.  I keep a pillow between my knees but couldn't get the right height for that pillow or for under my head. BLAH! crappy sleep, go away!  Feeling pretty damn out of it this morning due to that!
    Every single night. My least favorite part of pregnancy. Hip pain and tossing and turning, and scooting or maneuvering my body out of bed.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @3girlsnthepup My moms solar panel board made that noise in the beginning a lot, I think as the panels were charging up. It will fade over time.

• Options
    When are you not supposed to take Tylenol? Because I am about to go crazy on a bottle and say fuck the office I am sick today.
    D14 - Free For All

• Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited October 2014
    Cryssteen said:
    So I'm having an existential crisis this morning.  As my due date quickly approaches and my life will forever be handed over to some little human, I'm thinking about what it is that makes me tick.. Like, what do I do?  The answer is nothing.  I have no hobbies.  I mean, I like things, but I don't actually do them. Do you guys do stuff?  I feel like before I pop this kid out, I should really evaluate the things in my life that make me excited/happy and hold on to to them somehow.  I'm just not sure how to. I mean, I know I should just DO them.  My H has plenty of hobbies - golf, poker, sports-watching...  I do nothing.  I like travel, photography, drawing, reading, wine, breweries... i guess.. I just don't know where to get the motivation to do these things and make them a real, meaningful part of my life. 

Heavy for a monday morning.
    While pregnant with my first, and after I had her, I developed a hobby that I could get into that didn't require a lot of planning/effort or scheduling around having a baby. I was very passionate about various topics back then, and joined debate forums and groups. Being a SAHM whose husband was deployed or on TAD a lot, this gave me the mental stimulation I needed, and interaction with other people/adults.

Then I got into photography, and with a new baby, they make for convenient subjects. That hobby grew, but it's an expensive one. I built up my portfolio overtime, and developed my own style and it was great. It's also became time consuming after I had my second daughter. That and the PPD hit and I lost interest in it for a while.

I do miss photography, and it's something I'd like to get back into. I'm just not sure how at this point, but I totally understand needing something else in your life that brings you joy and is fulfilling. Debating, reading, writing, gaming, and studying have taken root in my life because they fit easily into my schedule, aren't expensive, and I don't have to do a lot of juggling around. Oh, and movies. I'm a big cinephile, always have been. When it was just me and dd1, we went to the movies a lot, especially when she was a baby and she'd nurse and sleep through movies. It's one of my absolute favorite pastimes. It allows me a quick get-away from everything, turn off my overactive mom brain, and enjoy a movie for a couple hours.

Also, as an introvert, I tend to prefer things I can do on my own, solitary things. I'm not much for group activities unless it's something I'm actually into, and it usually involves other introverts. 

You can try making a list of things that interest you or things you'd like to take an interest in. Start with a small list, and possibly include something that doesn't involve overextending yourself.

• Options
    So I just caught up on the Glass of Wine thread. Wow lots of sanctimommy crap going on in there. I respect everyone's decisions of what is acceptable during pregnancy (to a certain extent lol). I don't get the level of judgement some people have if they haven't fully educated themselves on a topic.

• Options
    sysakbaby said:

All these WK's wishing us luck with our pregnancies ....

Mmmm Ian in the morning :)

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    sysakbaby said:
    All these WK's wishing us luck with our pregnancies ....
    Damon!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :x

• Options
    Normally bumping in bed every morning is LO's most active time. Just realized I've felt nothing this morning so I got up ate a yogurt and chugged some water. I'm back in bed to do a kick count, cross your fingers he gives me something. It's not nice to be this worried first thing in the morning!
  • Options
    @Anna930‌ there is a handful of newb WK/trolls.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

Wait gradschoolmom is gone? Someone please tell me who we lost in the shit storm

Gradschoolmom for sure. I think bowlwoman is also stepping back for a bit due to IRL items. I can't think of anymore regs that we actually lost.

Did she step away on her own or did she get banned? 

She stepped away on her own.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Glad he have you a wiggle @baycamp but smart of you to put in a call if he doesn't give you more. Hopefully he is just having a lazy morning.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

Just leaving this here.
    Oh Lordy! The lip lick makes me weak in the knees every. Single. Time! Yummy :)

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Military moms: power to you. I'm no longer with the father so I've had a lot of time to come to terms with him not being around during the pregnancy and after. I can't imagine the anxiety of not knowing whether or not your partner will be here! @riansmommie‌ I really hope he makes it home for the birth!

I only have one class on Mondays and it was cancelled, so I'm still in bed and the day is off to a great start! I really don't want to unpack my car full of shower gifts, but I really want to look at it all again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"