April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• You GUISEEEE. I'll take the shitty night of sleep last night for what just happened.

First of all, S took a bottle from me. No fight, just starting drinking away. That hasn't happened since he was 7 weeks old. THEN I burped him and laid him down drowsy in his crib and he fussed for a minute and passed out. 

This could totally be a fluke, but I am shocked. \:D/
    Fluke or not, enjoy it!  Hope he keeps it up!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is currently laying in bed with me because he decided it wasn't nap time. Ugh. I just want a snack and a nap. It has been a long day :( Hugs to everyone. 8 days until my ultrasound and I cannot wait. I just want to see a healthy babe with a heartbeat.
    How exciting to have your u/s so soon!  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • I'm so glad you have a diagnosis @thomas930‌! What a relief!

I can't side lie nurse often. It makes DD throw up, and I don't find it very comfortable for some reason.

I don't either! I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Josh has CQ today and won't get off until 9 tomorrow morning. I know this is a part of the army and I should get used to it but I fucking hate it. I wish he never re-enlisted. 

Anyways.. I'm thinking about hitting up this gym tonight. They have child care for both kids and a body pump class that I can go to. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • mamrotu73 said:
    Josh has CQ today and won't get off until 9 tomorrow morning. I know this is a part of the army and I should get used to it but I fucking hate it. I wish he never re-enlisted. 

Anyways.. I'm thinking about hitting up this gym tonight. They have child care for both kids and a body pump class that I can go to. 
    CQ. Ha. I remember that horse poop. We had CQ as cadets. In my last squadron, we made the students do it (it was called something different for them but it was the same shit).
    We never pulled CQ when I was in the Air Force. We just went home at 5. Here they do 24 hour CQ but before that he had to go to PT so he was still up at 4 this morning to go to work. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • That stinks @J&amp;NL. I am so glad DH rarely ever has to pull those duties. He used to get singled out for them but, thankfully, that has changed.
  • poru said:
    aronie82 said:
    @poru have you POAS
    Nope.  Not gonna.

ETA - it really would be fate if I was actually pregnant.  It would take a lot of stars aligning.  I EBF with no sign of period.  We have only had sex like 5 times post partum, and pulled every time.  And I think by now I should have full on symptoms, not changing sporadic symptoms.
    To quote a great author "There is a word for parents who rely on that type of contraception, parents". I know it works if done correctly but I always think of that line whenever people say they pull out. points to anyone who knows the author!

Hugs, I hope its just your mind playing tricks on you. I agree, it sounds like if you are pregnant, then you got really unlucky (or lucky depending on your point of view!)

I was having preg symptoms a couple of weeks ago, POAS and immediatly the symptoms went away. Worth a try for piece of mine?
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • purespark said:
    No judgment from me!
    Wait, they have alcohol at the zoo?  Or should we be bringing our own?  :D
    If they don't, they should. 

Google tells me Oakland doesn't but SF does...  I take back my vote for Oakland, I take it back!! 
  • @purespark in the past five months I've had three flare up of this cold/sinus or ear infection. My neck just looks like a big overstuffed sausage. This is still better than not being able to breathe for a full four months of pregnancy due to infections though...I'm hoping this time it's gone quickly.

Also, know-it-alls suck shit, you'll know better than to engage him next time lol...hopefully you gave him a piece of your mind anyways.
  • Cutest things ever!!!
  • @purespark what a dink! I had a guy who worked in my buildingobe day a week during my pregnancy, and every single Monday he had comments on my food. People like that are oblivious.

I really have no idea what causes the infections, oreven the most effective ways of preventing/getting over them. My doctors basically just said that pregnancy is hard on the immune system, and recommended saline sprays. Not thrilled with how my family doctor approached it so I haven't bothered calling about it again. Though my mom suggested that my grandmother always had thyroid issues, so if this keeps going I might have the doc look into that.
  • @avidkeo‌ ... I'm not sure whether to be astounded or revolted. /:)
    Both I would say. Up there with the deep fried mars bar, disgusting but OMG so tasty. More than a mouthful though and you heave. 

have you guys seen this??? 

I just cant even.
  • AprilMay9 said:

AprilMay9 said:

Ebola virus confirmed in Texas. We're all gonna die.

Lmao I read this "aviola virus" I was like damn AprilMay!
    NOT FUNNY THIS IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH image
    Man, if it starts making its way north, I'll be taking one of DH's swords out with LO and I and cutting off the hands of anyone who reaches for her. As well as figuring out how to make a bubble suit for her. #paranoidmama

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • AprilMay9 said:

The Burger King in my town has really nice landscaping.

I want a ginkgo tree.

Eh.The little berries they get stink really bad. Like shit actually. Pretty, but not worth the smell to me.
  • AprilMay9 said:

AprilMay9 said:

Ebola virus confirmed in Texas. We're all gonna die.

Lmao I read this "aviola virus" I was like damn AprilMay!
    NOT FUNNY THIS IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH image
    Man, if it starts making its way north, I'll be taking one of DH's swords out with LO and I and cutting off the hands of anyone who reaches for her. As well as figuring out how to make a bubble suit for her. #paranoidmama
    The blood spray from the hand slicing would greatly increase her risk of contracting it :p
    Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. XD I think his swords are mostly ornamental though, so I'd take one of the ones without an edge and inflict broken bones instead. ^^

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • poru said:
    @avidkeo -- HA!  I don't trust pulling which is why I am probably in this mind fuck -- its probably all psychosomatic.  I have a latex sensitivity and won't start hormonal BC until after I am done BFing since I already have low supply issues. I didn't get my period last time until after I stopped BFing completely, so hoping my full-time nursing/pumping still is protecting me.  That and the pulling.  I am completely aware that this is not entirely preventative.
    I'm sorry. I was trying to be amusing but realise now that it probably came across judgmental, and completely unhelpful. Hugs!
  • @Serenla‌ How are you doing girl?
    Meh same old same old, school and motherhood keeps me so freaking busy. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could do them both. How is the fridgid north?

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MrsW26 said:
    The infected guy caught it in Liberia. They insist everyone on that plane will be fine because he didn't start showing symptoms until being back in the US for 4 days (it's not contagious until you start showing symptoms). They're monitoring everyone he came in contact with in the US very closely. Even still, those people would've had to come in direct contact with his bodily fluids to get Ebola. His prostitute is screwed (pun intended) but everyone else should be fine. Unless he was the kinda guy who doesn't wash his hands after taking a shit and then prepares food for people. Then we're all gonna die.
    That's how Typhoid Mary rolled.  Then again, she was non symptomatic her entire life.  This guy, not so much.  I hope he recovers.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Tferr02 said:
    My in laws are crazy and so much drama. We drove 10 hours to get here, but apparently 45 mins is too far for DH mom and sister to drive to see us. They are insisting we drive to their house. Their house is so gross, hasn't been dusted in years, mold is growing and they have 4 horrible dogs that growl and bite. So far we are just staying with BIL and ignoring the rest.
    loving in solidarity. Stick to your guns. Family really suck sometimes.
  • Quinn has been SO giggly and cute the last two days, I don't know what's going on in that big melon of his but it's fucking adorable.

I officially want more babies. He's so much fun!

Come over here if you like, Aislyn will clear that desire right up for yah. Eat, scream, pass out for 15 minutes, repeat. All.Day.Long. Not sure what I did to deserve 2 miserable babies.
  • edited October 2014
    aronie82 said:

@deidremaria‌ I love bed sharing. I feel bad that I love it because it's so taboo. DH usually sleeps on the couch when I bed share so it's safer. Ideally we would get a king size bed and then I could snuggle and not feel bad

I bed share in a queen with DH since day one.

Since 4 months I have nursed her to sleep and/ or laid her in her bassinet to start so I can eat dinner and may e cuddle or have sex with DH.

We are careful and it works for us.

Also now the weather is getting cold and we are trying to save money so it's warmer for all of us bed sharing :)

And cuddles.

And I feel like my thoughts are very fragmented right now.
  • Just wasted an hour looking at diaper bags on poshmark. I want a coach bag!!!! Maybe my mom will get me one for Christmas!!!!
  • janice9821janice9821 member
    edited October 2014
    @embear22‌ - I'm not jodibolivar but this is the one we give to / recommend for our adoptive parents.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"