September 2014 Moms

MOTN Check-In

Re: MOTN Check-In

• Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They just weighed Madeleine... She weighs exactly what she weighed at birth. 7lbs 12 ozs

This worries me. She went up but lost. She will be 3 weeks. She works twice as hard to breathe as a normal baby so maybe she is burning more calories. She has a dietician who will adjust. Right now I am grateful she is in the nicu where they can watch over these things...

ugh I so know the feeling with the weight gain and the baby burning too many calories. it sucks majorly. I hope they can adjust whatever they need to (by doing as little as possible) so that she puts on that weight

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • JustCricketJustCricket member
    edited September 2014
    ughhhhhhhh we're dealing with super gas again.. after she did so well allllllll day and allll the night before

eta- annnnnd we have a poopsplosion!!!!! and a happy baby now. phew. hopefully she sleeps now

• Up for a MOTN feed but I've been up withoutLO much longer- stupid allergy to the steristrips they used for my csection and now a horrible itchy rash has appeared. Ugh.
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Up for pump session, LO not yet awake for his supplemental feed with dad. Boy was it rough getting him to sleep tonight, I wasn't feeling well and come to find out have a fever. Dads been doing his best getting up with LO for me but gets so frustrated when he or neither if us can soothe crying for about 3.5 hrs. Once I saw I had a fever, thought maybe LO had one too which was why he wouldn't soothe but thank goodness he didn't!

Nothing fun about teeth chattering chills followed by sweating through your clothes. :(

TTC 9/2013

BFP#1: 9/28/2013, EDD 5/28/13, MC confirmed 10/15/13, D&C 10/17/13

BFP#2: 1/10/2014, EDD 9/19/2014

• Hugs @crystalangel79‌ We have been up all night cluster feeding. One day my sweet baby girl will sleep during the night...or at least that is what I tell myself

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• @crystalangel79‌ hang in there! We're all here for you :)

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • T is starting to stir and ripping some loud man farts in his sleep, so he'll probably be up soon.  When he is, we'll get him in pajamas, and head up to bed.  I don't want to wake him otherwise.  

Me: 31 DH: 31

• tigger99 said:

We are up again. At her weight check she had lost more down to 7.2 from 8.1 at birth so not only are we to nurse every 2 hours hoping milk comes in also giving 1oz of formula every feed. Which her last feeding she spit the formula back up.
    Hubs let me get a bit of sleep after the 10pm feeding which rocked. Then after her 1am i was up til 330 but got her to sleep an hour in her crib so i could nap a little. Back at it again!

i hope your milk comes I soon and lo puts kn that weight!

• Emma has been pretty quiet tonight. I got a few hours of sleep already which is exciting because usually I get most of my sleep between the 3:30/4am feeding and the 7 am feeding. Glad I have crackers near the bed because I woke up starving. 

My heart goes out to those of you dealing with weight issues. It sucks. We just got to the point where she doesn't have to go for weekly weight checks anymore. I hope things work out soon for your little ones.
  • This is our first night home. Feeding every 2-3, but pooping in between. No milk yet, so no clue where all this poop is coming from! My nipples are killing me.

Ugh finally got her sleeping so I could take a little nap, and she just pooped again. What the hell?

I told DH I'd take tonight if I could sleep between feedings tomorrow. I should go wake him up but there's really no point, other than having someone to suffer with.

I'm tempted to pretend I didn't hear the poop because she's finally sleeping and I just got comfy on the couch next to her :(

She does NOT like her diaper changed. This is going to be fun! Guess we will sleep eventually, right???????
  • Hugs to @crystalangel79 and everyone dealing with feeding and weight gain issues.  That is just stress on top of stress, and I hope it gets better soon.

I'm on the couch now because LO wakes DD1 for the day if I try to feed her in our bed after about 6 a.m.  Probably should have worked harder on fixing DD1's sleep problems before LO arrived, but I just don't feel like I can tackle it at this point.
  • Not really the MOTN anymore but I have like no appetite the past few days, and I think maybe that's another reason my milk supply hasn't been spectacular. I've forced myself to eat some, but I really need to balance my diet if I expect to feed her properly. Ugh

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Not MOTN but little man was up from 4-7 am straight. He ate constantly and was fussy and gassy. DH took him at 730'so i was able to sleep. Now he is stirring again. Should be a fun day.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• idk about any of you with weight gain/feeding issues... bit do you find yourself obsessing over how much LO eats? I think its worse with thr bottle feeding because am tracking EVERY ml that is going in. and if she has a small feed it makes me paranoid she's not eating enough and will go back to not gaining which would lead to tube feeding. ugh.

• MOTN feeding #1 part 3. First she woke up with a dirty diaper, fed for 5 mins and was out. But 5 mins later she woke up screaming. So I fed her more. While waiting for H to put her in her pnp (I'm still sore from cs) she throws up. A ton. Probably that whole feeding. Change of clothes later... I'm just holding her to see what she wants to do, sleep or feed. And she blows up her diaper, again. Now I've fed her another 10 mins, burped and she's ready for bed. And of course now I'm wide awake and worried about her spitting up in her sleep.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MOTN feeding- and I'm exhausted. I've had a dream that DS was in bed with us, that he was screaming in his crib, and that I dropped him. Poor sleep when I actually do get to sleep sucks. Still dealing with my allergic reaction to the steri-strip tape they used over my csection incision. Ouch! It's red and itchy :(
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • I'm using this time while LO is asleep to update my iTunes and hopefully download the new iOS.  Next feed, we are doing a bottle because I have to give him his vitamin drops, and it's easier to do this than use the syringe.  It's only 8:45 here, so my night is just getting started.

• @justcricket yes! I obsess that he isn't getting much with the shield, even  though he got weighed by the LC today and gained ton of weight. I'm also obsessed with tracking his diapers.

He just finished eating but I know he didn't get much because he was pinching the shield and now I'm in pain. Waiting for him to wake up to try again. 
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Up since 1:15 here. I hate this 3 week growth spurt. Fed, pooped, burped, pooped, fed... Wide awake!!!!
  • Any tips for keeping my eyes open while she's nursing motn? I am so scared I'm going to fall asleep.

Also this little girl blows up her diaper it feels like every 5 minutes! I change her, and add soon as she changes positions, I hear it again. It cracks me up but I asleep just going through so many diapers, and I don't even have my milk in yet... 3 days pp, hoping it comes in soon so I know she's getting real food. I feel like colostrum isn't enough, and it makes her poops tiny and a weird green color. Bleh.

Must. Stay. Awake.
  • @LaurenWarwick‌ I play on my phone while T is nursing. I have the same issue during MOTN feedings.

• so I tried dream feeding... since she always takes a good 20min to fall back asleep post feed... yea that was a failure. As soon as she started eating, eyes WIDE open and then farts galore. Enough farts for me to check/change her diaper which in turn FULLY woke her up. sigh. at least it only took 5 min post feed this time for her to fall asleep.

@jlklatte‌ omg I hate those dreams!

@LaurenWarwick‌ I have no tips... but I deal with the same... I hate it.

• MrsHamon09MrsHamon09 member
    edited September 2014
    Well LO finished nursing and fell asleep, I was just about to put her in her bassinet to see if she will sleep there when she poops. Now I have to wake the poor girl up to change her then try to get her to sleep again

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• @LaurenWarwick‌ I play on my phone while T is nursing. I have the same issue during MOTN feedings.

That's what I've been trying but I still catch myself dozing. This is only our second night home... we've got a loooong road ahead!
  • Got her all cleaned up and back in bassinet after her feed... and here I am feeding her again 20 minutes after she finished the last one. She was pretty sleepy last time so I guess she just want really finished. At least she have me time to pee in between!
  • After a 2 hour cluster feed at 6, ds has been nursing much more quickly tonight. Thank god. I still can't believe I'm nursing, I had given up a few days ago but then I holed up in my room with him for the day and he latched w the nipple shield! I'm so glad not to have to pump as much, it was taking a lot of time. Though the feelings take longer now.
  • tigger99 said:

It's 4:00 here and we're up for our second MOTN feeding and I'm starving! I feel like I get hungrier now that I'm nursing than I ever did while I was pregnant.

Yes! Especially by the second feeding! I need to move snacks up to her room.
    My dr recommended nuts to keep my blood sugar up bc I was getting nauseous at night.
  • LO ate for at least 3.5 hours out of 4 ( from 9 to 1am) with diaper changes in between. I have only gotten a half hour of sleep before she woke up bawling again. At this point, I've resorted to using the shield to protect my poor nipples. I think it's safe to say this is a growth spurt instead of cluster feeding (:|

• @LaurenWarwick‌ - I set up my iPad on the table next to the chair in our nursery and watch an episode of something on Netflix or Hulu Plus. I kept nodding off with my phone, but with something to watch I'm able to stay awake.
  • It's about 3:45 here and on our 2nd feeding of the night. LO makes me a bit nervous that he's going to get sick because he nurses so quickly during MOTN feedings- he starts breathing quickly and you can hear him basically "gulping" down the milk. So far, he's been fine but I just get concerned that it's going to be too much, too quickly for that little tummy.

Have you tried leaning back when he's feeding? I have an oversupply and fast let down and that seems to help my LO.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • So, I fed dd at 1:30 and she stayed asleep till now. Actually, I woke her up to eat. Thanks for the sleep but now I'm worried because you slept so long.

My LO does this sometimes. Usually now she's on a 4 hour sleep, feed, 4 hour sleep at night, but she had gone for a longer stretch in the beginning and I was worried. But as long as your LO is still producing enough diapers fait and eating fine the rest of the day I wouldn't be too concerned.

• @LaurenWarwick‌ - I set up my iPad on the table next to the chair in our nursery and watch an episode of something on Netflix or Hulu Plus. I kept nodding off with my phone, but with something to watch I'm able to stay awake.

Awesome idea. I've been sleeping on the couch because our bed is really tall and hurts to crawl in and out of all night, so I could do that on the TV. Thanks!

That's what I've been trying but I still catch myself dozing. This is only our second night home... we've got a loooong road ahead!
    I had this problem the first couple weeks and will admit that I did actually fall asleep a few times. It got better after that though and now I'm pretty much wide awake during feedings, but still able to get back to sleep after. My body adjusted and hopefully yours will too, just give it a little more time.
    I have fallen asleep a few times too... makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who couldn't fight through it. It's so much different than I expected!

We've only been home since Friday, so we have lots of adjusting to do, and plenty of time to do it.
  • I was constantly falling asleep while bf dd2 so I started laying down at night just in case when I was beyond tired and I knew I couldn't last. Sometimes i just got a few minutes nap in and then was fine to finish sitting and watching tv. This also started a bad habit of a now 3yo that prefers to sleep in my bed. (I currently have a cute little butt resting on my arm) oh well.

This time, I am going to force myself to get him in and out of his bed and hopefully use a chair I put in my room for all feedings. This is all in theory right now as induction starts in a little over 24 hours! :| Hope I'm ready.
  • Best of luck @Mom2four97355‌!

Thank you! The induction doesn't worry me, it's that small fact that there will be a 4th child in the house. I'm in a slight daze still.
  • nildaalbinonildaalbino member
    edited September 2014
    Omg baby boy was up from like 2 until 6. He would eat, fall asleep them wake tight back up again. Dh finally understood my frustration because he spent two hours trying to feed him. Now he ate this am but is still fussy. My in laws are coming because dh and fil are.going to the jaguar game. I'm not looking forward.to deal with mil and a fussy baby. She's not a bad mil but our relationship is still awkward.

Oh and this is @nilvero. I'm mobile bumping and can't remember my.log information so used an old.account
  • It's not the MOTN yet, but I was in the middle of a pump and my mom was feeding LO. Then she had a spit up episode of massive proportions all over my mom. So I unhooked the tubes and ran upstairs to get her a change of clothes. I dropped somethingn and bent over to pick it up, not thinking, and spilled a good half of my pumped milk all over my carpet.

......this better not be an indication of how my night is about to go.

• It's not the MOTN yet, but I was in the middle of a pump and my mom was feeding LO. Then she had a spit up episode of massive proportions all over my mom. So I unhooked the tubes and ran upstairs to get her a change of clothes. I dropped somethingn and bent over to pick it up, not thinking, and spilled a good half of my pumped milk all over my carpet.

......this better not be an indication of how my night is about to go.

Oh no. I want to cry for you. I'm so sorry this happened.
    I feel so silly for crying about it. Good god hormones get your shit together.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"