September 2014 Moms
Options

MOTN Check-In

Re: MOTN Check-In

• Options
    If it isn't one thing, it's another. Our latch is getting better, but now DS is tugging/whining/screaming through feedings. I think maybe the flow is too fast for him? I don't know.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @1983lindsey‌ I'm betting growth spurt? you can always call and ask your ped what is okay/normal.
    @kmbk27‌ we've been dealing with some of that screaming for both bottles and bfing for a few feeds. I hate it!!
    @tigger99 boo on the scream filled day.. it reallllly sucks. that was me last night. I couldn't handle it and once she calmed with the bottle I gave up on bfing for the day (at 3ish am) butttt it was our first day back to trying the boob...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Screaming has begun for us, too. Up until yesterday, it was mostly eat, sleep, poop, but last night the fussiness began.

She had two periods of crying today where nothing calmed her for more than five or ten minutes. It's so frustrating and hard to see her screaming with nothing you can do but hold her.

Now she won't sleep but at least isn't screaming. Yet.
  • Options
    @kmbk27‌ try leaning back while you feed LO. It's what helps us with my flow.

1:20 here... He lasted three hours between feedings so far. That's a win in my book. Now if he could latch on, that'd be even better. 
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH just asked me if I would rub his back. I told him that I was the sole reason that his children were alive and could he let me finish feeding LO before I had to rub his back!! Lord bear me strength!... Lol :)
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! We are feeding again and no issues this time. He seems okay; I'm more relaxed...granted that could be the pumpkin ale I'm drinking, too. We will see in a few hours how we do next.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options
    I have been peed on three times tonight...twice in the same diaper change. It's also bath night tonight. Watching The Voice right now (only 745 here) and going to do his bath after it's over.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Options
    Good luck @mrsH1112‌! I would wait until I couldn't handle it anymore. I was sent home even though I was in early labor and it sucked! Best wishes that you progress quickly and get to meet your LO ASAP!
  • Options
    3am here. Last night was really rough...DH promised that he'd take DD for a bit tonight so I could get at least a couple hours. Welp, at midnight DH came upstairs and said he was going back to work to finish something with an application. Looks like I'm on my own with DD again.

A small confession: I get stabby when someone casually mentions that they're getting 4 hours in between feedings at night. Way to rub it in.
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options
    @mrsH1112 I second @braybee‌. I was something like 3cm 80% and contracting all day (but not real strong ones) and got sent home, to come back in the morning to be induced if I wasn't back before then.
  • Options
    JustCricketJustCricket member
    edited September 2014
    I just spilled at least 2oz (probably 3) of breastmilk because I'm a damn clutz :((

eta but baby is passed out so I'm going to curl up in a ball, go to sleep, and pretend that never happened... :(

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    @JustCricket‌ I'm sorry! DH did that the other day, and I lost it! People aren't kidfing when they call it liquid gold.

4am here. DS has been nursing for a bit. All I keep thinking about is him finishing because the next feeding, DH will do it, which means sleep for me!! Oh and I'm starving but forgot to grab a snack. 
    REVENGE!

• Options
    I think I'm having the same issue with too much milk too fast. DD is choking at times and starts coughing. Gotta call the LC in the morning to see how to avoid it.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Finished feeding DS over a hour ago, but my mind is far too busy for sleep. Two things keep bothering me...1) DS is a month on Friday! I can't believe how fast this first month has passed. It needs to slow down. He can't keep growing up this fast!. 2) DH came home from work this morning and broke the news that he's deploying soon. This breaks my heart. We've already spent over half of our first few years married apart, now he's going to miss out on our first borns first year. It's hard to keep my composure when it's mixed with hormones and exhaustion. Oh the military spouse life.

Sorry for the whining. Had to vent I guess.
  • Options
    2am and no real sleep for me yet. Miles is bf constantly, which is ok with me so the milk knows to hurry up. He's been so good just eating and dozing off for a few minutes then waking up and looking around for a while then back to grub time. Dh is sound asleep but he has the cold I had a few days ago so I'll let him sleep some but he owes me big for last night and tonight and his allowance of quality sleep.
  • Options
    Almost 6am here. Not exactly motn anymore. Still hoping he goes back to sleep and I can get a few more hours.

@JustCricket‌ that sucks! I spilled about an oz and a half on our bed yesterday. I just stared at it telling myself not to freak out.

@christinaperchaz‌ so sorry your H is being deployed. Hugs to you.
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @JustCricket‌ I'm so sorry you spilled! The worst!

@christinaperchaz‌ I'm sorry to hear your H is deploying soon! Mine hasn't gotten deployed yet but with all the training we've been apart for a while and I can only imagine how much harder that gets when they're deployed. I feel for you mama, hang in there!

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    @katalina86 I imagine that I'm already feeding LO too. I've argued with DH about it. It's usuakly the 2 am feeding when it happens!
    REVENGE!

• Options
    Thanks for the tips ladies! I'm going to try and pump a little before her next feed. Hopefully it helps!
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!
    @conradraging‌ I'm in the same boat! This will be our first deployment. Hopefully it's not toooo much harder than trainings. Lol. I'm sure that's a delusional wish though.
  • Options
    1am and on feeding #2...I wish this munchkin would sleep a little longer. I know she's tired ..she falls asleep on the boob and won't wake up to finish feeding. I've tried pretty much everything. Anyone have any tips?
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    image image

image image
  • Options
    Just after 11 here and even though it's not technically middle of the night, it's going to be a long night no matter what. I have to get someone to eat about every hour. We need his bilirubin to go down, my milk to come in and this little guy needs to start pooping! Weird list of wants, right? Oh the things you say when you are a mom...
  • Options
    I'm up to feed LO and realize SO isn't home. Turns hout he has to stay for a double at work. I'm a big baby and hate being home alone. I don't know if I can go back to sleep now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

str13 said:

tigger99 said:

1am and on feeding #2...I wish this munchkin would sleep a little longer. I know she's tired ..she falls asleep on the boob and won't wake up to finish feeding. I've tried pretty much everything. Anyone have any tips?

This is my exact post... I have her stripped down and keep poking and pestering her but still dozes of with death grip on the nip on her mouth though.
    DD will either have a death grip on my nipple or she'll spit it out...and when I try to get her to take it, she purses her lips and clenches her jaw. Really kid?
    Oh my god!! This! I wish I could describe the little face DD makes when I try to get her to finish eating!! I want to be like "I'm not the one that's going to be fussy in 20mins!"
    I've resorted to bribery. I promised her a magical pony that shit rainbows and lollipops if she ate well and let mommy sleep for 4 hours. We'll see if she took the bait...
    Same boat here! Someone told me to flick her foot to wake her up. It doesn't work for my babe but maybe it'll work for someone else. I also blow on her face and head to wake her up. Still, when she wants to sleep, she sleeps!

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Options
    Up at 1:40 for the second night feed. I am tired. I know things get better, but man, the days (and nights) go by slowly.
  • Options
    DH and I are watching the Big Brother finale (no spoilers please if you watch it!) and T is doing his first stretch of sleep before we go upstairs.  Next feeding is gonna be a bottle with his vitamins in it.  He gave us a good 4 hour stretch of sleep last night.  I'm not holding my breath for a repeat tonight.  

I finally got my extra two weeks of leave submitted, and one of my supervisors is gonna sign it.  I have to go get my flu shot tomorrow (we're required to at work).  I figure I'm gonna be up anyways, so might as well.  

• Options
    I put DD down after four straight hours of nursing and finished up Mindy Project with DH. It was only 15 minutes later when i decided to go to bed. Of course she's there wide awake waiting for me to lay down before she starts crying for more. It's only midnight but I'm afraid of what's to come.

• Options
    Almost 4 am and I'm up for LO's second middle of the night feeding. I'm just so tired, but I know I should consider myself lucky that LO normally gives me 2-3 hours before he wants to eat again. He is so noisy though in his sleep I am constantly up anyway. Sometimes I'm tempted to let him sleep in his room instead of next to us in his RnP. But then I feel guilty because he is only 3 weeks old.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is actually doing well tonight minus the massive poop explosions that keep happening. I'm tired so I guess I don't put on his diaper as well as I normally do! Next feed is DH with a bottle... So close to sleep for me!
    REVENGE!

• Options
    @doglover31 T is a noisy sleeper too.  

• Options
    Mentally I logged that G last ate at 4:15. But it's 3:42. Soooo.... I don't know. I feel like something is wrong with me since I've lost many thing around the house and I'm basically useless beyond feeding two children, but I think it might just be sleep deprivation.
  • Options
    DD called my bluff on the pony...she's been alternating between crying and nursing for the last hour and a half. Momma's hoping for at least some sleep tonight..
    image image

image image
  • Options

Going on 4 am here and on our second MOTN feeding. Thought of a question I wanted to throw out to you ladies- what time do you consider "nighttime" feedings to start? Since I don't have to wake up LO during the night, sometimes I'm not sure when that starts. Pedi says generally between 6-9pm but that's still kind of a wide range. I've considered "night" to be when LO and I are sleeping in the bedroom as opposed to sitting downstairs but wondered what you ladies thought...

Usually 7 or 8 pm. That's when DD has her first feeding of the night...her 4-6pm feeding is too early for me to consider night
    image image

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"