September 2014 Moms
Options

MOTN Check-In

Who's up and at 'em? How you doin?

*insert Joey Tribiani gif here*
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: MOTN Check-In

• Options
    Here! LO is lasting exactly two hours between feedings. I wish he'd go a little longer, just so I could sleep better, but I am trying to feed him on demand.

While doing his 10 pm feeding, I read on my neighborhood's FB page about break ins on my side of the neighborhood. Then at the beginning of this feed, I thought I heard male voices outside my window. Ugh, exhaustion and paranoia don't mix!
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here too. I can't sleep now knowing that the next feeding is coming soon. Been breast and formula feeding so he goes a little longer in between feedings, it's a life saver in MOTN. Hope we all get some sleep soon!
  • Options
    I am up..DD is not interested in eating however. She was cluster feeding all day and it has now been just over 4 hours since her last feed. This is now the longest we have gone. I am sitting here with her on my lap fast asleep. I should probably lay back
    Down, but as soon as I do she will probably wake up to eat.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

Tucker, Me and Phoebe.  Best Dogs!

August Siggy Challenge: Drinks!! 

imageimage
  • Options
    Finally got LO to sleep! We've been in a growth spurt so cluster feeding has been keeping me up the last few days and now he's decided that he will not sleep unless attached to my boob or laying on my tummy. Needless to say, my 2-3 hour window of sleep between feedings and changing has been reduced to under an hour. Blah.
  • Options
    We're up here. Lo keeps dozing off but waking when I lay her back down in the pnp. Mama had a big day and is wiped the eff out so hopefully she will give in soon. Also something that I are today did not agree with me, as I am now having some tummy troubles.

At our house, nighttime is the mommy show. Dh sleeps and I get up to take care iof her. But then he's pretty good about taking care of me and everyone else during the day/evening, so it pays off. He's no good to me sleep deprived, I even sent him home from the hospital this time lol
    image        image
  • Options
    zoeyy said:

We've hit the first growth spurt. Cluster feeding and no sleep. Enough said.

This.

• Options
    Just had a deep thought about the peribottle...could you use a bottle warmer to keep it warm? Lol please don't but just weird MOTN thought.
  • Options
    Daisy1232 said:

Just had a deep thought about the peribottle...could you use a bottle warmer to keep it warm? Lol please don't but just weird MOTN thought.

Just put warm water in it, that would prob be easier. :)

• Options
    Baby girl doesn't feel good for the first time. It breaks my heart. I'm currently sick and I think she might have caught whatever it is. She is crying like she is uncomfortable and when she does sleep, she whimpers. She will only sleep on me too. Looks like we have a long night ahead of us. Hopefully it'll pass soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are up here with no sleep so far. Usually I get a good 3 hour stretch from around 10-1. Apparently not tonight! He's just awake!! Looks like I'm not alone. Sorry to everyone else who is still awake.

My H is snoring next to me. I do everything at night. Not that he can feed him but when we have a rough night like right now it would be nice if he even noticed. I swear he can sleep through anything. When I was in the hospital with this LO I was terrified he wouldn't hear our son through the monitor and wake up to take care of him! Men!!

• Options
    T is passed out on DH's chest but I think he is gonna wake soon. He fell asleep while I was feeding him a couple of hours ago, and I started nodding off. DH took him so I could get a nap in.

Our LC appointment went well today. He is a pound over his birth weight, and she said his latch looked good so to just keep doing what I am doing.

And cluster feedings and growth spurts are the suck.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Options
    Sounds like rough nights all around tonight. I have had almost no sleep. Partly because I can't fall asleep listening to a million little grunts and baby noises and partly because LO has been up a ton.

I handle the baby at night and DH deals with DD1 (the joys of having two kids who wake at night). On really bad nights, like tonight, DH will take the baby for a couple hours so I at least get a little sleep. Despite how irritating it is that he can sleep through her cries, he really is pretty awesome.

My big complaint is he is a total space cadet at night when he's helping. He'll stand there like has no clue what to do, bring over DD1's size 5 diaper instead of newborn, try to put a clean outfit on her instead of changing her diaper, etc. I still know I'm lucky he helps.
  • Options
    Up here at 2am. I let SO convince me to sleep and NOT Wake DS to eat. So, I got a nice stretch, but my boobs are killing me.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options
    got an 1.5 of sleep between feedings! Score. For some reason, he is lxatched on too hard on the shield and I keep having to pop him off.

@damasked when we were supplementing, I'd let DH sleep until it was time to supplement. Now that it's just me, he will wake up to change a diaper or to bring me snacks, while I get situated. He does the 5/6am feeding so that I can sleep a bit before he leaves for work. 
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    @jlklatte‌ and @MrsLaLaBug‌ count me in on that too. I get peed on at least once a day.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Options
    WTF to random animal cruelty commercials in the middle of House?! That's what my hormotional self needs at this hour.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

• Options
    Up feeding and over-BF my sweet boy in an effort to get him back to sleep. He threw up all over both of us and the chair. I feel awful and I'm terrified to put him back in his crib. He hasn't spit up at all before tonight so I know that's what it was. :-< He's sleeping now, poor monkey.
  • Options
    Its 3:30 and I have yet to sleep. We bought a bassinet today since LO (16days old) refuses to sleep in crib and I do not want her to co sleep anymore since it's unsafe and I fear suffocation constantly. Well LO so far will not sleep in bassinet making for an exhausted mommy....

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• Options

Its 3:30 and I have yet to sleep. We bought a bassinet today since LO (16days old) refuses to sleep in crib and I do not want her to co sleep anymore since it's unsafe and I fear suffocation constantly. Well LO so far will not sleep in bassinet making for an exhausted mommy....

Some moms swear by the rock n play
    this or you could try moving a swing into the room too. I hope SOMETHING works

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

If the bassinet does not work next we will try rock n play then just go down the list

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• Options
    Up again at 5:15. Today I'm going back to bed. Yesterday I just got up and got a shower before anyone else needed me but I'm pooped.
    image        image
  • Options
    @crystalangel79‌ I am up feeling nauseous too...this sucks.
  • Options
    It's almost 6 here and I've been up since 4. Lo got an awesome 5 hour stretch in but my boobs were so engorged I woke up early and had to pump some off before he tried to latch. I have the baby at night and DH will take DS1 if he wakes up. He normally is a good sleeper but has woken up coughing they last couple nights and tonight from thunderstorm.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • Options
    How is this kid still wide awake? She dozes off, I set her in the PNP, she wakes up. My head is killing me.

DH has been sleeping on the couch, so I take care of everything in the MOTN. He hangs out with her so I can go to bed early and I can usually get 2-3 hours of sleep before he brings her up to me. Usually.
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options

How is this kid still wide awake? She dozes off, I set her in the PNP, she wakes up. My head is killing me.

DH has been sleeping on the couch, so I take care of everything in the MOTN. He hangs out with her so I can go to bed early and I can usually get 2-3 hours of sleep before he brings her up to me. Usually.

We did that for a long time with DD1. It helped me to be able to fall asleep without listening to all her little noises, plus I usually got a solid stretch of sleep at the beginning.
  • Options
    So, I swear, for the most part, DS has been latching correctly (or we've been able to correct it) the last two weeks.

Uh. No. I'm pretty sure he just latched correctly for the first time since the hospital, and I could hear him eating better than I ever have before. Now, if only I knew how to repeat this!

Also - his umbilical stump fell off at some point last night. Beautiful timing since we are getting his pictures done today.

image    image

• Options

If the bassinet does not work next we will try rock n play then just go down the list
    It's a lifesaver!

• Options
    It's about 1 am here in NJ I'm having contractions waiting for Dr to call me back..what kib of answering service doesn't answer the phone? Not very comforting to someone with contractions that lives 50 min from hospital
  • Options
    I've been feeding almost non stop from 1020, it's 1240. Baby girl didn't want to feed this last time, just skin to skin, which is fine. But good lord the ward probably thinks we were killing her before I figured it out! My H is amazing since I'm still recovering from the c section. He's changed every diaper, swaddled her every time... And hands her to feed. His first two were ff babes and I'm so happy he's so supportive of bf.

We're not home yet, but I see me handling most of the nightly stuff once I'm quicker on my feet. H leaves for work anywhere from 9pm to 3 am. So it's kinda by default. We already talked about getting me some time to sleep on weekends once I go back to work. We're usually good about finding a balance.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good luck girls! Have happy smooth deliveries!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm up but still not because of having to feed. LO is still tucked in comfortably. Having bad cramps since yesterday morning but no more than hours apart so that's no help. Just lying awake in pain plus heartburn plus DH snoring. Fun.

TTC since 2.11
    BFP #1: 3.15.11- c/p
    MTHFR Dx 6.13-Rx- folate and B12
    BFP #2: 11.9.13 -m/c Trisomy 4
    BFP #3 1.18.14 EDD 9.27.2014

• Options
    @mcstrepp‌ I'm GBS positive also I was told if my water breaks to go right away but if it doesn't not to go to hospital until I talk to Dr so they can "evaluate the situation first " well I'm still waiting..unfortunately (because I want this baby out) even though my contractions are consistent I'm ok being home rather than a hospital bed or a wasted hour trip to the hospital but man o man am I Angry that no one has called !

Good luck with your delivery @mcstrepp‌
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"