July 2014 Moms
Options

Night crew check in!

Re: Night crew check in!

• Options
    OMG DS will not stay asleep unless he's attacked to my boob. Go the F to sleep, little man.
  • Options
    What time do y'all out your lo down "for the night". Dd has been sleeping a lot in the evenings so we are usually up and don't attempt putting her in her crib until midnight. Today she was awake more and I'm considering trying to put her to bed now (9:30), hoping it doesn't mean she'll be wide awake at 4am.....scheduling is hard :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cko521‌ - strike that. Husband just flung himself on the couch like a complete moron after coming back do from the bathroom and totally fucking woke her up. WHO DOES THAT?!

• Options
    Thank you @cko521‌. She is 6 weeks tomorrow so I'm trying to start some type of routine, now if I could figure out naps during the day we would be in better shape!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just put LO down for the night. We had a terrible day full of insatiable hunger and constant crying, I'm not optimistic about how tonight is going to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will take ANY suggestion of how to get this baby down for more than 5 minutes. AND GO!

• Options
    I will take ANY suggestion of how to get this baby down for more than 5 minutes. AND GO!

Have you tried white noise?
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options

At night I do a bath (lavender soap), followed by nursing and top LO off with an ounce from a bottle (of pumped milk), diaper check, swaddle, lay her down, pacifier (if she wants it), and a white noise machine that basically sounds like a static-y blowdryer.
    This routine usually gets her asleep for a 5-6 hour stretch.
    My LO also loves the vacuum. Puts her to sleep every time.

Good Luck! Fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    Thanks guys! I have not tried white noise, and the blanket down by the legs trick is intriguing. She's always wanting to bring get legs up anyway, so maybe that's something to try.

We were doing a bed time routine too, that I think we will go back to. The last couple of nights that was blown to bits.

Thanks again. I cannot believe that km having so much trouble with this as a second time mom. My son was cake compared to this baby.

• Options
    Up now. My eyes are a burning!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    marsalisailsmarsalisails member
    edited August 2014

Up now, but she have me a solid 3 hours! Since my mom had our white noise machine, I swaddled, then did the bolsters in the side and under the legs. And she stayed asleep! Thank you! Here's Hoping for another 3!

edit - words are hard when you've only had 3 hours of sleep!

• Options

Are you guys swaddling with clothing underneath? I feel like LO would get so hot with something under.

Yes, that's how we always do it.

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    Rawa1416Rawa1416 member
    edited August 2014
    LO was having 5-6 hour stretches at night and the past two nights we're back to 2-3. Mama's worn out.

Edit: words are hard
  • Options
    DS has been sleeping for 45 minutes tops at a time with wanting to be awake for 2 hrs between, omg!
  • Options
    I found the beat way of sleeping for now. I may regret it later but I'm well rested . LO goes down at 9 in her bassinet swaddled and wakes up around 1, change eat and then she co sleeps with me until.....7! That gives me 9 hours. I'll take it
  • Options
    I use it as needed. And no more then 6 times a day as it says on the bottle.
  • Options
    I went looking for gripe water today and found a gas relief for infants beside it. Gas was more of our issue, not hiccups or whatever else it said gripe water held with. The has relief drops worked SO WELL I will always keep some handy. Olivia didn't need it after every feeding, so I'm think about spacing out 3 doses a day to keep her comfortable.
  • Options
    TexasGirl81TexasGirl81 member
    edited August 2014
    For almost one week now we have been up at either 1-6, 2-6 or last night it was 2-7am!!!
    H keeps saying "you gotta keep him up during the day". OMG, if only it was that easy. I could play the drums and he wouldn't budge. What's a girl to do?? I can't wait until he gets his days and nights on track. I'm so over this! :((

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    @2lacyblue‌ I hadn't tried different positions for his arms, just down by his side. I think he might like the arms crossed over his chest even better, I'll definitely give it a try. I'm convinced the swaddle makes a huge difference. DS went down at 9:30. He woke up at 11:30 but I was able to give him his paci and he went back to sleep until almost 3 before the first motn feeding!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Matthew930‌ "I cannot believe that km having so much trouble with this as a second time mom. My son was cake compared to this baby."

This is me too!! Tonight DS 2 wants a boob constantly and doesn't want to be laid down! We've had such a good week so I guess now I'm paying for it

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    What do you do when LO decides it's time to be awake at 2am? I don't want to stimulate him too much, so I thought putting him in the bouncer seat was ok, but he's kicking like crazy and cooing like it's a party. He's so dang cute right now but clearly not sleepy yet. I'm so tired! Guess I'll put on the Moby wrap and see if I can get him to sleep by walking around a bit. Zzz...
  • Options
    Ughhhhh. LO loved the bassinet on the pack n play my mom bought. He slept all weekend like an absolute dream. Now were home and he hates his bassinet and crib and is back to sleeping on me... and she is 2.5 hours away with her pack n play. I wish I didnt know how great he slept there!!!
  • Options
    @lowen83‌ - i think it is the unpredictability of DD that gets me. DS didn't sleep a full night until he was 9 months old, but he was like clockwork from birth and only got up once a night from day 1, loved a swaddle and i could count on his naps during the day.

Avelina on the other hand has so far been totally unpredictable.

BUT - tonight she just slept from her 10pm feeding until 4:45am, and so did I, so I'll take it tonight! Thank you little one - mama needed that so badly!

• Options
    DD has not wanted to go back to sleep after any of her MOTN feedings. That coupled with DH waking me up to tell me about the looting/rioting in Ferguson, MO (our home town)...it's been a rough night. :-<

• Options
    @Matthew930‌
    It's totally the unpredictable that gets me!! I'm so set in my ways and such a creature of habit. DS 1 was the easiest baby. He would eat every 3 hours and go right back to sleep like clock work from birth. By four months he would eat and sleep in 5 hour stretches at night 10p-3a then 3-8 every night! He didn't start sleeping 8 or more hours till 8 or 9 months as well! But again I could count on this routine day in and day out. I need a schedule!! Lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    LO has discovery her voice which is cute but kept her up forever last night. She got her topping off bottle at 12:30 after cluster feeding since 8. DH put her down asleep or so he thought around 1 and she laid there making cute noises for an hour! Thankful she then slept from 2-6 and hopeful she'll go back to sleep after a feeding.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Got to love waking up for tonight's first feeding and coming into the living room to find two piles of cat puke on the carpet in front of the pack and play. Seriously 80% of the house is either tile or laminate why couldn't you puke on that!
  • Options
    Just finished our first feeding and in bouncing her off to dreamland in her Snug A Puppy.

I had 2 cavities filled tonight and now I'm irrationably irritable because my bite is off. I have to call tomorrow to see if they can fix it. I had 4 total cavities after having LO after going 10+ years without even one!

Please go to sleep DD!
  • Options
    I think we must be in a growth spurt. LO didn't stay down to sleep until 10:30, then up at 1:00, 4;00.... Not fun. We're at 6.5 weeks.

DH always wakes me as soon as he hears her... "She needs to eat!" But when I get up she's still fast asleep!

So my question is.... Are you getting up to feed then once they start making noise (grunting, some short whines etc) or do they actually wake up? I feel like I'm waking her to feed this way. She does seem hungry when I unswaddle and change her but often only eats for 6-8 minutes then falls asleep.

I need more than 1.5-2 hrs in a row!!
  • Options
    I usually give LO a minute or two before getting him up to feed. When I do get up, I'll offer him his paci first and then wait another couple of minutes. Sometimes he goes back to sleep and other times he's up to eat, but I like to give him the chance to fall back asleep before completely waking him up
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I used to get up at the first grunts, but found that she is just a noisy baby. Most times she just likes to grunt in her sleep for 20 mins before a deep sleep. She will definitely let me know if she's actually hungry. We are both sleeping better now!
  • Options
    I wait for her to really wake up. She'll fuss before she burps or poops, so that doesn't get me up--once she cries, I spring into action to change, swaddle and feed.

• Options
    My LO usually wakes up 10-15 minutes after she starts fussing but I like to wait for that first wakeful cry before I get her and then change her so she is awake and actually eats.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I figured out that I was the one actually waking her up. She's so noisy with grunting and whining. The first couple weeks I would get her up and feed her after this went on for a few minutes. Now, I wait til I see her eyes open or there are actual cries. I've been sleeping in the guest room when her little noises are too much. I wake up to everything. DH sleeps through the noisy stuff but the cries will wake him up. It's not ideal but it's resulted in a lot more sleep for all 3 of us.
  • Options
    honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited August 2014
    Mine had her normal grunting and then her loud I'm about to cry any second grunting. The second is usually the one that wakes me up and I try to get her before it turns into an actual cry so it's easier to feed her. Her normal grunting she does often so I leave her be and she will fall back asleep.
  • Options
    DH has a fever he got as a reaction to the Tdap vaccine. It hit 103.5 earlier but we got it back down to 99.7 before he went to bed. DD is gassy and fussy tonight, so she and I are going to stay in her room tonight so he can rest without interruption and she'll sleep in her crib for the first time at night (she's usually in a bassinet by our bed). So we'll see how this goes taking care of a gassy, fussy baby and a husband with a fever tonight. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Haven't been able to get to sleep, yet. LO got herself too tired and too hungry and decided she didn't want to sleep OR latch and just cry or suck her pacifier for like an hour and a half. I finally decided to try to pump a bottle and see if DH could feed her. It took me 20 minutes to her a bottle the size I wanted and then when I was done he had her half asleep and she wanted to latch. Go figure. So at that point I had the bottle so she ate that which woke her up more than my nipple would have so now I'm laying here with hoping her pacifier can put her back to sleep. Long night ahead! Here's hoping she will be so worn out she will sleep for a nice long stretch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"