April 2014 Moms

Stupid Questions Thread

1434445464749»

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

• I know they say not to take your LO in a chlorinated pool until they are 6 months old. My stupid question is: does that also include salt water pools?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know they say not to take your LO in a chlorinated pool until they are 6 months old. My stupid question is: does that also include salt water pools?

Saaaayyyy what?! I had no idea about that. I'm interested to know now too.

• Loading the player...
  • I've taken my LO into my sis' salt water pool and she's fine
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same date for months...otherwise you'll never be on track with the calendar
  • Same date. Otherwise, you'll end up trying to celebrate 12 months/1 year 4 weeks before the year is really over. Just like when pregnant, 4 weeks does not equal one month. The only month that has four true weeks is February. I had to explain this to my DH who also thought 4 weeks would be one month

Photobucket imageimage

• mborn24 said:

Okay, I feel dumb but here we go anyways...

When you say your baby is a month old. Are you going on the date every month or four weeks from the date of their birth? For example: kiddo was born on the 29th, so I have been going four weeks and on that Tuesday I say he's a month. I mean I guess there's only one month with out a 29th, but I was just curious.

The date (8th), i stopped counting weeks when she turned a month old.
  • Ok ... LO had her 2 month shots yesterday. She did pretty good and only needed 1 dose of Tylenol. The pediatrician said that she could get sleepy but she has been what I feel is extra tired today! She usually eats every 2-2.5 hours and I have been waking her up at the 4 hour mark!

I didn't realize that she would be this sleepy! Was your LO super sleepy even the day after their shots?

I feel like I'm being hyper-sensitive about this and need to chill but I just have to know! :-/
  • Reeeeaaaly dumb question: how do I tell when DD is growing out of newborn diapers? The waist size or legs? Or both? Or neither? She's starting to get a little red on her legs but I can't remember if it was always like that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• hordolhordol member
    At what age does the saying "sleep
    begets sleep" expire? Like at what point does sleeping too much durig the day start to impact night sleep?

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Here is my question, if I drink a beer and pump can I freeze it? I know if you feel ok you can nurse but I pump before bed and just had a beer I usually freeze what I pump before bed but I wanna know if it's ok to freeze?

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• If it was me I'd still freeze it, assuming I wasn't s*** faced.
  • I just had one and it has only 2% alcohol @RedDawnsRevenge‌

• We brew our own at home an it's way stronger than that! Your way golden
  • Awesome!!!!

• Someone a while back posted the best time to BF or pump was while you were having your drink according to their LC. I just go by the safe to drive safe to feed logic. What beer is 2%? Ours at home always ends up being about 5 or 6% because as ABV increases yeast die and alcohol production decreases. So sad.
  • dmosquera4dmosquera4 member
    edited July 2014
    It's this new Amstel Radler it tastes like lemonade it so delicious we had one left from when we went to the beach it's so refreshing

• Does carbonation from drinks affect LO? My MIL says it does and that's why A-game is being fussy, because it's making her have cramps. It's not like it's making my breastmilk fizzy or something, so how would it bother her? O.o;;

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • @MrsStanton87‌ we have ours up all the way and it sits next to him on the dresser. I'd be curious what level can/will cause damage or if it even effects their hearing.

• @MrsStanton87‌ I think you have it in a good place. I mean they have those sleep sheep sound machines that a LO can cuddle with, so I would assume what you're doing is perfectly fine. I'm sure your friends child is beginning to out grow the need for white noise, which is why it was low. Maybe? I'm just taking a stab at it.

• How loud is too loud for the noise machine? DH is nervous about damaging DS' hearing by having it too loud or too close to him while sleeping. But we need it for him to take a decent nap! Any thoughts?
    Music at church is louder than DD's sound machine will go. Not that I leave her sounds machine that loud. Not something that even crossed my mind.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

• The only ways DD will sleep lately are in DH or I, sometimes in her swing, and sometimes with a pillow snugged on each side of her. We'd like to try to get her to sleep in her danged crib because we don't feel safe bed sharing.

We've been thinking of setting up something like the pillow scenario in her crib. I'm assuming we should do this under the sheet, like the rolled-up towel (that she wound up hating...)?

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • For those who's babies are rolling already. Were/are you using the little curved pillow that comes with the tummy time mats, or does that hinder their ability to start rolling? When I put Jack with the pillow under his chest he'll hold his head up content for longer periods, but without it he gets pissed and is more likely to faceplant. However I was wondering if this is hindering his strength or ability to learn to roll.
  • For those who's babies are rolling already. Were/are you using the little curved pillow that comes with the tummy time mats, or does that hinder their ability to start rolling? When I put Jack with the pillow under his chest he'll hold his head up content for longer periods, but without it he gets pissed and is more likely to faceplant. However I was wondering if this is hindering his strength or ability to learn to roll.

I didn't use any pillow or anything with DD1, and she was crawling at 4m. DD2 I usually use the boppy because of our vomitting problems. She has only rolled once and that is one of the few times we've done tummy time sans boppy. DD1 and DD2 have completely different personalities, and I think DD2 will be a late bloomer (blob baby). I think their personalities have more to do with their physicalness than the pillow does.
  • What do you use on LO at night in the air conditioning? I dress her in a long sleeve sleep & play onesie and a heavier cotton sleep sack. It's been hard for me to regulate the temperature in her room. Some nights it's a little cold, some nights it's a bit warmer. I just bought 2 fleece, long sleeve sleep dresses that zip up the front, is fleece too hot if her room is on the chilly side?
  • Leeroy80 said:

At what age do babies start drinking from cups? 
    Do they just drink water from a cup vs BM or FF? 
    I hear all sorts of bad stuff about sippy cups. 
    Is there a better option - just a cup with a straw?  
    Newborns are capable of drinking from cups.
  • What do you use on LO at night in the air conditioning? I dress her in a long sleeve sleep & play onesie and a heavier cotton sleep sack. It's been hard for me to regulate the temperature in her room. Some nights it's a little cold, some nights it's a bit warmer. I just bought 2 fleece, long sleeve sleep dresses that zip up the front, is fleece too hot if her room is on the chilly side?

We just moved DD to her crib and the first night she was really fussy and barely slept in 1 hour increments. She was wearing regular Carter's footie pjs. She felt cold when I picked her up in the am. Next night I put her in fleece footie pjs and a A&A light wearable blanket and she slept from 10-8. We turn our air down to 73 at night because our upstairs gets kind of muggy during the day. I think it all depends on how they feel. If her forehead is a little sweaty I would take the wearable blanket off.

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• How often are you supposed to replace nipples for bottles?

Also, B gets four 3oz bottles at daycare and is 4.5 months. I want to buy more bottles so I'm not washing every night. Should I just get more 4/5 oz. bottles or should I be buying larger ones? I've heard that BF babies don't necessarily start drinking more, but the milk quality changes, but I wanted to see A14's opinions.

• Sleep sacks/wearable blankets: I have several of them but LO scoots around a lot in his crib when he wakes up. Should I use them? Will he get tangled?
  • @speechie517‌, in my experience my dd never needed bigger bottles, as she never took more than 4-5 oz bottles. Your BM does change over time to become more nutrient/calorie dense. You could always buy a couple of cheap 9-oz bottles to have on hand, just in case!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• elyse4281 said:

Sleep sacks/wearable blankets: I have several of them but LO scoots around a lot in his crib when he wakes up. Should I use them? Will he get tangled?

I'm no expert, but I think it will be fine - there's a reason that they're recommended over blankets. The styles like the GroBag are very roomy and I think that allows them to move around inside. It was never an issue with our DD and she moved all over the crib at night (still does at 2.5 - I found her with her legs on the floor and her torso on her toddler bed last night).
  • RE: Sleep sacks. Yes they will get a little tangled if your baby is a mover. But its not really a big deal. DS1 wore them and while they did get a bit tangled around his legs, it never seemed like it bothered him. It certainly wasn't a safety hazard.
    image    image

• Here's a really stupid bf'ing related question.  If I just got my period yesterday, will that affect the way I physically feel other than the typical?  I started yesterday, and today I have a horrible headache, feel very weak, I'm terribly cold, and my joints hurt.  No fever or any other complaints so I assume it's not  flu or anything.  I'm just wondering if I'm losing too many 'nutrients'/iron and it's affecting how I feel?  

See?  Stupid question.
  • I was in March..:x replying to catch up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"