July 2014 Moms
Options

**FFFC 4/4**

Re: **FFFC 4/4**

• Options
    Three weeks ago, I was out to breakfast with my family and I was talking about the 4th of July baby shower that I want to have. Everybody was chiming in with their ideas for the party when my SIL says "The twins will be here in a month. I should probably have one soon." Then she told MY grandmother that it will need to be at her house. I was steaming mad.

This is her fourth pregnancy. The twins are boys and she has two boys already. What could she possibly need?? I checked her Target registry two days ago...she has a ton of carseats, cribs, swings and other stuff that she should not need. All of her kids are under four. She's just trying to get new things for them as well.

But what really just got me enraged is not 10 minutes ago, I checked her registry again because today is payday and I need to get her gift this weekend. There are at least five things that have been added to her registry that weren't there two days ago. These are five things that are on my registry. I've been slowly adding items to mine for 2 months and now all of the sudden my registry has two views. Hmmmm....

I dislike her very much right now >:P

Me:35 DH:37
    Married 09/2013

*TW* TTC #2 since June 2016 *END TW*

Endometriosis

March 2017- IUI#1- Clomid - BFN
    April 2017 - IUI #2 - Clomid, Ovidrel - BFN
    May 2017 - IUI #3 - Clomid- cancelled cycle

July 2017- IVF #1-Microdose Lupron protocol, Gonal-F, Menopur, HCG trigger- 12 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 frozen- 2 PGS normal!!

August 2017- FET #1

• Options
    FFFC#3 I LOVE the glucose orange juice! It's like orange soda but not so sweet. What was everybody complaining about??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kay anthonykay anthony member
    edited April 2014
    Cut for length, yet again
    I'm just going to go ahead and say that I don't think it's necessary to try and intellectualize women (mostly) posting half naked pictures of men (mostly) on a pregnancy forum.  There's a time and a place for the discussion you want to have, and this isn't it.  We're not going to post a *Warning: hot guys ahead* because YOU feel uncomfortable with the objectification that occasionally happens in a post.  If you're that offended, this probably isn't the best place for you.

There are a few points you make that I want to address:

1. I know it was a flammable opinion, that's why I put it here.I thought a thread for flammable statements was EXACTLY the forum in which I ought to make a flammable statement. You'll note I did not put it on the original thread that I disliked, because there were plenty of people there who did like that thread, and I thought that was NOT the forum.

(I also considered the Unpopular Opinion thread yesterday, but thought that this was really more flammable than simply unpopular. I think I was probably correct in that assumption since you're flaming pretty hard here.)  

2. You do not have to act in a considerate way (e.g. posting a heads up when some people, me included, might find a thread offensive) if you don't want to. I can't compulse any behavior in you. Saying "I wish there was a warning posted on those threads" is a request for considerate behavior. You do want you want.

3. I LIKE to think about human behavior at both the micro and macro levels and the effect of those things on culture as a whole. I LIKE to engage in discussions about that behavior. In fact, I've built a career around it! I will probably continue to initiate those types of discussions whenever I please. You don't have to participate in them. You do what want!

4. I like it here. I like a lot of the people on this board. (I also like when people like you engage with me on these discussions, because --again -- I enjoy them). I think I'll stay. 

edited to correct grammar and because I figured out how to get out of the grey!
  • Options
    aliletz said:

BPaws said:
    Also- we aren't going to tell anyone (except FIL, who will be watching DS) what date our RCS is. We find out on April 24th the exact date, but I want nobody at the hospital aside from DF and I. My mum is insistent she be there, even if she can't come into the room. She made a comment about how they called her the morning of, and she wondered if that was still the practice. I went with it.
    I was just about to post something along these lines.  My mother wants to drop everything at work the second I go into labor and drive out (90 minutes), a friend of mine (2.5 hours) wants to do the same, and then MIL (lives in VA, I'm in NY) wants to come 10 days ahead of time.  I'm really tempted to not tell anyone, because I'm the type of person to feel guilty for taking too long, or for not being nice enough/good enough a host to the people around me, and I do NOT want to deal with anything other than focusing on making it through my very special vagina day.
    Surely something already mentioned something on this... I call horseshit!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I feel like I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum as you when it comes to these things. I feel like wanting to show your body off, or even being promiscuous is a personal choice. If you feel comfortable with your choices then more power to you. The problem lays more in the language. Being called promiscuous shouldn't be an insult. WANTING to be viewed as a sex symbol/object of sexual pleasure shouldn't be frowned upon.

That may not be the life choices I make but why should me being a very private person when it comes to sex and my body affect what others wish to do with theirs?

I'm not arguing your point at all. I think we want two different means to the same end.
    I completely agree with you in terms of promiscuity (sleeping with whomever you want whenever you want, within the confines of whatever the boundaries are of your current relationship) and wearing revealing clothing. Or even exchanging dirty pictures on an individual level.

Its group-level, culture-permeating objectification that bothers me -- such as what happens with celebrities or pin-ups being put out there for the consumption of the masses.

Not arguing either, clarifying my original statement.
  • Options
    My FFFC:

I'm pretty sure this baby will come out singing "Magic Man" by Heart. One of my favorite radio stations seems to be having a love affair with it and i turn it up and sing loudly every time it comes on. 

This kid is going to have the most eclectic taste in music from me, when i mention it to DH he always says don't worry we can fix that when she's born. Little does he know the damage will be done. Muhahaha!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I have zero desire to engage you any further.  I've also built a career around human behavior, and often find myself in similar discussions with my colleagues and peers.  I also hold the same degrees as you, but I choose not to come to a message board and spew my intellectual thought process.  I don't think many of the women here would be interested in my philosophical ramblings, nor do I plan to bore anyone with them.  If I did, it certainly wouldn't be about harmless photos that you've deemed "unethical."  
    You do what you want!

But I, at least for one, would be very interested in your philosophical ramblings. I'm sorry if you are bored with me posts. Skip them! Do what you want! 

I also like when people use the word "deemed" in a pejorative way. I would prefer to say that I have a consciously decided system of ethics.

Would much like to keep talking about this myself, but have to get real work done now. Will engage more later/ tomorrow. 
  • Options

I have zero desire to engage you any further.  I've also built a career around human behavior, and often find myself in similar discussions with my colleagues and peers.  I also hold the same degrees as you, but I choose not to come to a message board and spew my intellectual thought process.  I don't think many of the women here would be interested in my philosophical ramblings, nor do I plan to bore anyone with them.  If I did, it certainly wouldn't be about harmless photos that you've deemed "unethical."  
    You do what you want!

But I, at least for one, would be very interested in your philosophical ramblings. I'm sorry if you are bored with me posts. Skip them! Do what you want! 

I also like when people use the word "deemed" in a pejorative way. I would prefer to say that I have a consciously decided system of ethics.

Would much like to keep talking about this myself, but have to get real work done now. Will engage more later/ tomorrow.
    I really want to know what your Ph.D. is in. Just for curiosity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    zellatrixzellatrix member
    edited April 2014

I hate to be all "just you wait" (because that is so annoying, amiright?) but, just wait. Birth takes all shame and mystery between you two away. My DH had to put a ginormous pad into my mesh panties and put them on me and pull them up while blood dripped out of my vagina and onto the floor. Yet, he still thought I was sexy enough to want to make a second baby with me (and have lots of baby making practice beforehand).

I know it's embarassing a little, but my point is the grossness brings you a little closer!

I think they must get past it and forget a little. However, my DH is still very proud to remind me that I was the first one to fart in our relationship and pretty much said, "Oh, it's on now".

Believe it or not, though, after 9 years together, we still close the door when we go to the bathroom. 
  • Options
    I just want all of the University employees, degree holders, ethics challengers and other fancy word users to know, that MOI:

* Graduated Citizen's Academy for the Sheriffs department (that was like, 85 hrs of classes)
    * Certified barista at Starbucks (keep it foamy)
    * Tenured member of the Hogwart's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry (Gryffindor)

AND (coup de grace) I got a shitload of gold stars in 5th grade for reading.

BAM. You've been schooled.
    LOL. FWIW, I am a glorified secretary who hasn't finished her bachelors. I am just surrounded by professors and I think they are in the same field as Kay Anthony.
  • Options
    jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited April 2014
    jessa8907 said:

I just want all of the University employees, degree holders, ethics challengers and other fancy word users to know, that MOI:

* Graduated Citizen's Academy for the Sheriffs department (that was like, 85 hrs of classes)
    * Certified barista at Starbucks (keep it foamy)
    * Tenured member of the Hogwart's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry (Gryffindor)

AND (coup de grace) I got a shitload of gold stars in 5th grade for reading.

BAM. You've been schooled.

I knew we were soul mates. I'm also a Gryffindor.
    ------------------

Stop playing.......I too am a gryffindor.
  • Options
    I had two glasses of wine last night and now I feel tremendously guilty. Like terribly, shamefully guilty.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mana84 said:
    I had two glasses of wine last night and now I feel tremendously guilty. Like terribly, shamefully guilty.  
    Oh man. I went to Dallas a couple weekends ago to visit my friends and we went to brunch one morning. The place had $1 frozen Bellinis. They were SO good and I doubt they have too much champagne in them if you are selling them for a $1. I had three. Then I went to the bathroom and Texas is apparently required to put signs in the women's bathrooms that warn against drinking while pregnant. I damn near cried. 
  • Options

Cut for length, yet again

I'm just going to go ahead and say that I don't think it's necessary to try and intellectualize women (mostly) posting half naked pictures of men (mostly) on a pregnancy forum.  There's a time and a place for the discussion you want to have, and this isn't it.  We're not going to post a *Warning: hot guys ahead* because YOU feel uncomfortable with the objectification that occasionally happens in a post.  If you're that offended, this probably isn't the best place for you.

There are a few points you make that I want to address:

1. I know it was a flammable opinion, that's why I put it here.I thought a thread for flammable statements was EXACTLY the forum in which I ought to make a flammable statement. You'll note I did not put it on the original thread that I disliked, because there were plenty of people there who did like that thread, and I thought that was NOT the forum.

(I also considered the Unpopular Opinion thread yesterday, but thought that this was really more flammable than simply unpopular. I think I was probably correct in that assumption since you're flaming pretty hard here.)  

2. You do not have to act in a considerate way (e.g. posting a heads up when some people, me included, might find a thread offensive) if you don't want to. I can't compulse any behavior in you. Saying "I wish there was a warning posted on those threads" is a request for considerate behavior. You do want you want.

3. I LIKE to think about human behavior at both the micro and macro levels and the effect of those things on culture as a whole. I LIKE to engage in discussions about that behavior. In fact, I've built a career around it! I will probably continue to initiate those types of discussions whenever I please. You don't have to participate in them. You do what want!

4. I like it here. I like a lot of the people on this board. (I also like when people like you engage with me on these discussions, because --again -- I enjoy them). I think I'll stay. 

edited to correct grammar and because I figured out how to get out of the grey!

I'm confused as to what part of "Man CANDY Monday" you don't get that can't be "warning" for your little eyes?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here's mine: I'm really bothered by the "let's ogle at hot men" threads. I think some kind of warning should be posted on them like *people being objectified inside* so that I don't accidentally click on them. They really piss me off.

I'm not a prude, I like sex, I just don't like when people are turned into objects to be stared at. 

Is t the title of the thread warning enough?
    To be fair to OP a bit, there were many weeks that the hot men post had a really random title like "I'll just leave this here"

On weeks where the title is really vague, there typically isnt much participation .

That said, I will gladly admire all of the gents for OP. Yum.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

@helloblueeyes A woman after my own heart. I always talk to my Fiance when he's taking a massive shit. I don't really mind. Would my FFFC be that sometimes I sit on his lap while he takes a shit? =)) The only thing he won't let me do is watch him wipe his ass afterwards. Oh well.  

On another note. I, too, am Gryffindor. The hat chose me for it..

I just read this to my DH and he said thats gross! I would never sit on your lap while youre pooping!

Pretty sure DH has never sat on my lap... ever.

• Options
    @helloblueeyes A woman after my own heart. I always talk to my Fiance when he's taking a massive shit. I don't really mind. Would my FFFC be that sometimes I sit on his lap while he takes a shit? =)The only thing he won't let me do is watch him wipe his ass afterwards. Oh well.  

On another note. I, too, am Gryffindor. The hat chose me for it..

The Fiber One coffee cake bar I was chewing nearly fell out of my mouth when I read this.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    amlonica said:
    I just read this to my DH and he said thats gross! I would never sit on your lap while youre pooping! Pretty sure DH has never sat on my lap... ever.

=))

imageimage

• Options
    Seriously though.....someone with the skill needs to make a gryffindor badge. I want a friggin badge in my siggy.
  • Options
  • Options
    FFFC: TMI WARNING.

I've been with my husband for 9 years, we've been married for about 7 of those. I can pee in front of him, can't poop. Just can't. It took me 2.3 years before I could snark a death blossom in front of him and that was due to an unavoidable stomach flu and he tickled me. Since then? Perfect harmony.

And this is where is all went to hell, ladies.

All last night I paid for drinking mad quantities of cran-pomegranate juice and had faucet butt. DH slept through this fresh hell, luckily, but this morning while he was drying off from his shower, I announced I needed to use the potty, like, now. So he stepped out and I ran in.

To where the general code of this Poo Proclaimation demands he leave the room so he doesn't hear any ass flapping and/or splashing, but no. No, he did not. He stood NEXT TO THE DOOR and sprayed his deodorant while I reenacted the Harry scene from Dumb & Dumber. It was only after the massacre ended did I realize this...
    Because...

He started screaming and making a lot of noise, hopping around and swearing. I called out, "Babe? You ok?" and he replied, "I JUST SPRAYED DEODORANT IN MY FACE! YOUR MUD BLOWING STARTLED ME AND I AIMED WRONG!"

/ded4ever
    #pregnancyruinsallmystery

I never pooped in front of my DH either.  Even after we went through the whole labor and delivery bit where there was surely lots of poop, I still get weirded out by it.  So irrational.

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So, I'm the only Ravenclaw here? ::crickets chirp in the background::
    I was just going to ask where all my Ravenclaw bitches were at! Ravenclaw FTW!

As far as the pooping goes, I'm still a shy pooper. We have very little mystery in our relationship, but I still prefer he not be in the room while I'm doing that (birth is going to be fun), but at the same time the only time I'll close the bathroom door is if we have company or one of the cats is staring at me... that gets awkward FAST.
  • Options
    Here's mine: I'm really bothered by the "let's ogle at hot men" threads. I think some kind of warning should be posted on them like *people being objectified inside* so that I don't accidentally click on them. They really piss me off.

I'm not a prude, I like sex, I just don't like when people are turned into objects to be stared at. 

I find the picture in your siggy far more offensive than sexy pictures of men or women.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BFP#2 7/3/13.  U/S at 6w4d showed 1 heartbeat at 127 bmp and 2 empty sacs.  MMC discovered at 10w4d.  D&C 8/27/13.  Pathology showed normal boy.  Missing our babies every day.
    BFP#3 10/29/13!  Beta#1 at 4w5d - 2141, beta#2 at 5w1d - 7651!  U/S 11/21/13 showed baby measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 127 bmp!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"