April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• totally a first world problem, but hulu and abcfamily changed their streaming tv policies and now i can't watch pretty little liars.  they think that they can get people like me to buy cable to watch one show... joke's on them. i still won't.

*shakes fist at the man*

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is currently drunk texting me. He has been at the bar all day watching football. His friend (who doesn't drink) is going to drive him home, so at least I know he'll get home safely!
  • our friends invited us over for game night. Then they told us this morning "we think our son may have whooping cough- the doctor said he doesn't but we think he does" Uh... So... Do I go? There's going to be chili, but we haven't gotten our Tdap shots yet (waiting a few more weeks). Our other friends are bringing their 6 month old...
    @pineconey - I wouldn't go and your friends with the 6 month are fucking insane. I'm SUPER laid back when it comes to exposing myself/DS to germs, but whooping cough is NO JOKE and not something to chance.
    This. I had whooping cough a few years ago and it was beyond awful- can't imagine having it while pregnant. 

Emma Noelle, 5/8/14
  • We're watching too!
    OMG the teddy bear army is killing me! This is hilarious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Watching. Sweet Home Alabama in bed snuggling with the snoogle. Night=complete.
  • Sisimama10Sisimama10 member
    edited January 2014
    SO just decided he's gained weight since I've been pregnant and wants me to start making healthier foods and more veggies. I wish he had decided this after I had the baby!
  • pineconey said:

SO just decided he's gained weight since I've been pregnant and wants me to start making healthier foods and more veggies. I wish he had decided this after I had the baby!

Uhhhh tell him he can cook it himself!!!
    Lol I would but he's all, "I need your help. I can't do this on my own!" So my motherly helper mode kicked in and I made us some grilled chicken and salad for dinner. I drink green smoothies every day so I made him one. I was in the kitchen eating cookies dipped in ice cream after dinner though so I'm not sure how much help I will be.

Yeah.... He's going to need to man up a bit... When you've got that newborn you're going to need him to provide you with food.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • 82 more days.... and all I have are a few onesies!

CafeMom Tickers
  • @JessieAlbin I'm glad you had fun at your shower! You and your mom are SO CUTE!!!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • @dani+california (((((((((((hugs to you!))))))))))))
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • i have so many projects I want to do for the nursery and no motivation to do any of it... sigh
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• DH has a cold. As I'm laying in bed, my nose is feeling slightly stuffy. I hope to god it's just a fluke and I'm not coming down with something for the first week of classes. Ugh. I'll be the boogery pregnant girl.
  • jbug88 said:

I'm laying in bed craving the smell of window cleaner? Wtf! Guess ill wash windows tomorrow?

I've been craving the smell of chlorine, I wish I had access to a pool!
    And I keep smelling cake batter. Typical of this pregnancy as all I want to do is eat, oh and sleep.
  • Wide awake and it's 3:40AM.... I can't get comfy tonight and tums is doing nothing for my acid reflux. DH is just snoring away. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day. :((

• pineconey said:

Lol I would but he's all, "I need your help. I can't do this on my own!" So my motherly helper mode kicked in and I made us some grilled chicken and salad for dinner. I drink green smoothies every day so I made him one. I was in the kitchen eating cookies dipped in ice cream after dinner though so I'm not sure how much help I will be.

Your original post made me laugh @Sisimama10. DH has decided the same (he's gained the ten pounds I'm supposed to have gained by now) and he can cook, but neither of us likes cooking for one. And cooking and I do NOT get along right now. Sad, since I loved being a big-time foodie before getting pregnant, but I digress. ANYWAY he's eating trader joes salads every lunch and dinner now. And he's asked me to hard-bake him some eggs because he thinks he's not getting enough protein. One week of salads and exercise and he's already down five pounds! I'd hate that man if I didn't love him so much.

Yeah, I don't mind cooking and I don't mind cooking healthy either. I just wish he would have caught the healthy/weight loss bug AFTER I had the baby! I'm going to need some of that healthy energy then! My SO is the same way. He can lose weight super fast.
  • Wide awake and it's 3:40AM.... I can't get comfy tonight and tums is doing nothing for my acid reflux. DH is just snoring away. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day. :((

I feel your pain :( definitely taking a unisom tonight!
  • pineconey said:

Ugh. Chicken is my ultimate nemesis. Just the thought of eating it turns my stomach.

• kcp913 said:

I think reading the irrational fear thread freaked me out because I didn't think of half of the things other people have thought of.  Now I'm on a bit of overload of things that could possibly happen. probably exacerbated by the fact that I'm overly tired and can't fall asleep

One of the many reasons why I won't be reading any of that.

• KimC85 said:
    I'm not really a shower etiquette follower, I'm all for going to a shower for a second baby (usually a smaller gift though) and all that stuff that some people get riled up about.  However, I just got an invite to a bridal shower for a wedding that I'm not invited to.  I find that ridiculously tacky.  You'll invite me to give you gifts, but you won't invite me to the wedding?  I think not.
    Yeah, that is incredibly rude.  Is this person someone you would have expected a wedding invite from?  I only ask because there is the off chance that the wedding invite ended up lost in the mail or she skipped your name on the list accidentally when addressing invites.  I just can't imagine someone purposely inviting you to a shower but not the wedding.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Pretty sure I have a damn yeast infection. The itchiness actually woke me up wtf. Debating on if I should get something OTC or just wait until my OB appt on Friday. Hmmm....
  • I had a full on ugly cry meltdown yesterday. Men just don't get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"