April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options

STMs; when you breastfeed when do you introduce bottles?

We waited until 1 month to start doing bottles and pacis per my LC's recommendation. Apparently there could be nipple confusion and the baby could decide to reject your breast. However, I'm pretty sure that DS would have eaten out of anything that dispensed milk because the kid LOVED to eat and we never had any issues with bottle preferences or anything like that. I'm not sure if we'll wait that long this time.

Thank you! I have heard a month is about the time to introduce as well. Just wanted to hear success stories. Was it hard to pump and feed or totally fine?
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We waited until 1 month to start doing bottles and pacis per my LC's recommendation. Apparently there could be nipple confusion and the baby could decide to reject your breast. However, I'm pretty sure that DS would have eaten out of anything that dispensed milk because the kid LOVED to eat and we never had any issues with bottle preferences or anything like that. I'm not sure if we'll wait that long this time.
    Thank you! I have heard a month is about the time to introduce as well. Just wanted to hear success stories. Was it hard to pump and feed or totally fine?
    He adjusted right away. I know that some babies won't take a bottle from Mom b/c they can smell the boob milk, but DS never minded taking them from me or DH. After the first month, DH would give DS a pumped bottle before his "last" night feeding so that we could ensure how much he was getting and so that DH could be part of the feeding. I would pump at that time so that we had a bottle for the next night, but I also had a pretty decent over-supply of milk so pumping also wasn't an issue for us. Like I said though, DS is the least-picky eater ever and as a baby he would even drink cold milk bottles.
  • Options

. I waited too long. We didn't introduce a bottle until she was 4 months old. She never took to a bottle. Ever. I had read that you shouldn't introduce before 6 weeks. Now I don't think that is accurate at all. The reasoning behind that is it is easier for them to drink from a bottle than it is to suckle at the breast. So they prefer to drink from the bottle because it is easier. But again I am not sure what the right time to wait is. My only advice is to not wait as long as I did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

What the actual fuck. I am tired and wanting to nap or sleep all day long and what do I do when bed time comes? Lay in bed mobile Bumping until 2 AM and then decide that I HAVE to get up for apple juice and macaroni and cheese. :-w

This is so totally my life for the last three weeks. Freaking insomnia.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    @aviola329 don't forget to add me pleeeease!

I didn't get one either, but, its all good I guess.
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    aviola329 said:
    @aviola329 don't forget to add me pleeeease!

I didn't get one either, but, its all good I guess.
    Sorry! Facebook is being weird to me. Sometimes I can find you to add and sometimes I can't. I'll keep trying I promise!
    Its all good :-) Just got it. Also, my statement totally sounded passive aggressive. I shouldn't bump in the first 5 minutes after waking up. (((((((@aviola329)))))))
  • Options
    ooooh...the spins. I hate the spins. I rarely drink, but, I got the spins New Years Eve 2013 and I was like...nooooooo! I had to lie on the floor, the bed was adding to my trauma. 
  • Options
    I was just woken up by someone seriously speeding by my house. You could hear the Doppler effect for miles!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ugh, I really don't want to take a shower now and go and practice. Our closet comes today and its just going to be a MASS of stuff in the house. We can't put it up until we get the old one out which won't be right away. We just had to buy it now since it was on sale. But, I'm not letting myself stress. It will all get done. I have plenty of time after February 9. 
  • Options
    aviola329 said:
    Overdid it on Oreos and milk tonight...oh but it was delicious at the time...
    LOL! I did the same thing the other night and OH the heartburn. Oddly, I didn't learn my lesson and continued to eat oreos nightly until they were gone. They also gave me weird dreams. (I'm telling you there is a special secret chemical in the American ones. They taste so much better!!)
  • Options
    aviola329 said:
    Overdid it on Oreos and milk tonight...oh but it was delicious at the time...

LOL! I did the same thing the other night and OH the heartburn. Oddly, I didn't learn my lesson and continued to eat oreos nightly until they were gone. They also gave me weird dreams. (I'm telling you there is a special secret chemical in the American ones. They taste so much better!!)
    Yea, they're called preservatives, and freedom. :) 

LOL! True, true. I do however like the soda better here. Real sugar. mmmmm! 
  • Options
    Raisin Bran. Yum
    Just had some!!
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the nursing cover party, but I found one that's an infinity scarf and nursing cover. I'm definitely planning to make one! https://diaryofamadcrafter.wordpress.com/2013/07/14/diy-breastfeeding-infinity-scarf/
    Cute! I like that one!!!
  • Options
    I'm totally just learning this harp part for tomorrow enough so that I can fake it. No motivation. Sitting behind the harp with pains down my leg is not nice!!
  • Options
    @KatieGummow I introduced a bottle just after a few weeks and never had a problem with nipple confusion. Pacis were used in the hospital, both my kids had to have phototherepy and I couldn't even hold them unless I was feeding them so a paci was the only thing I could do help comfort them. 

If you find bottle nipples and pacis that are closest to you own nipple shape it's supposed to help with nipple confusion. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bumping before coffee causes a lot of typos....I apologize   X_X
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have lost my sense of humor.....I need coffee.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Also, DH's little snack size bag of Doritos is about THIS close to getting eaten, but I will strengthen my resolve. Dorito snatching could be grounds for divorce; I would not blame him.

That's how Doritos works in our relationship too.
  • Options

I'm a little late to the nursing cover party, but I found one that's an infinity scarf and nursing cover. I'm definitely planning to make one!
    https://diaryofamadcrafter.wordpress.com/2013/07/14/diy-breastfeeding-infinity-scarf/

I love these!
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    @katiegummow I introduced them right away because XH wanted to feed her. We didn't give it to her often but she never really had nipple confusion.
  • Options
    I told my friend I would buy her a sling for her newborn so she can BF while she's in the sling. Any suggestions?
  • Options

I ended up taking Benadryl at 4:30 this morning so I could get some sleep. Got 3 and a half hours and I feel like a new person. This has to be training for a newborn right? I used to require 8 hours at the least to feel this good. I keep repeating to myself "I will get things done today..." in my head. What is everyone up to today?? Once I get my cleaning done I am going to start some crafts!

I definitely feel like my sleep is being trained for having a baby. Last week I had a good stretch of quality sleep but now am back to waking up about 6 times a night. Today's list includes finishing laundry and grocery shopping as usual for Sunday.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    @stace0616 Now you know what he was doing in there for so long! Ew!!
  • Options
    Today we are taking advantage of the unseasonable warm weather and taking our dog to the lake! It feels weird to be planning to hike and picnic in January, but it's going to be almost 60 degrees today!
    Jealous. I don't mind the cold, but, we're loaded with messy old snow and ice. 
  • Options
    Today we are taking advantage of the unseasonable warm weather and taking our dog to the lake! It feels weird to be planning to hike and picnic in January, but it's going to be almost 60 degrees today!
    That sounds awesome!  We are supposed to be in the 30s today and it feels like a heatwave.  My run/walk group is meeting this afternoon to run/walk along the Mississippi River and I'm actually looking forward to it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    J&NL said:

I told my friend I would buy her a sling for her newborn so she can BF while she's in the sling. Any suggestions?

Moby wrap is the suggestion I've heard.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    @medic99 ygpm

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"