April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    @medic99, @thomas930, @J&NL, @pour
    Thanks for your experiences! You ladies rock.
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So I'm thinking I should make a registry for discounts/coupons before I start in on buying things for this LO - where is best deal for registering? BRU? Target? I just want the best all around deal on a baby carrier, rock'n'play, new diaper bag, a few things like that. I usually order everything I can off amazon, but I don't think there's any bonus for registering there, so I'm guessing another store would be a better deal?

If you have amazon mom I think that would be the bra deal. Otherwise bru since you can coupon stack.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    snmetz7snmetz7 member
    edited January 2014

snmetz7 said:

So I'm thinking I should make a registry for discounts/coupons before I start in on buying things for this LO - where is best deal for registering? BRU? Target? I just want the best all around deal on a baby carrier, rock'n'play, new diaper bag, a few things like that. I usually order everything I can off amazon, but I don't think there's any bonus for registering there, so I'm guessing another store would be a better deal?

If you have amazon mom I think that would be the bra deal. Otherwise bru since you can coupon stack.
    I do have amazon mom - I'll check out their deal. Did you mean "bra" deal, or was that a typo? I just checked the BRU coupon post because of what you said, that's good know! Thanks!
    Autocorrect thinks its soooo smart better* it's just 15% on amazon but I find that I can usually find cheaper options to begin with. :)
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I had found this buffalo chicken crockpot recipe that called for using chicken, blue cheese dressing and hotsauce and now I cannot for the life of me find it! All the ones I am finding call for dry Ranch mix and I didn't buy any of that. Seriously pissing me off and ruining my football dinner plans!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thomas930 said:

@KatieGummow I introduced a bottle just after a few weeks and never had a problem with nipple confusion. Pacis were used in the hospital, both my kids had to have phototherepy and I couldn't even hold them unless I was feeding them so a paci was the only thing I could do help comfort them. 

If you find bottle nipples and pacis that are closest to you own nipple shape it's supposed to help with nipple confusion. 

This makes me LOL b/c someone told me this when I was pregnant with DS1. I was literally walking down the aisle at BRU taking peaks down my shirt to figure out what my nipple looked like in comparison to the bottle/paci nipples. DH was so embarrassed. 

Hahaha, that's amazing! Do your nipples change shaprle once you start breastfeeding? Or do they stay the same but engorge?

• Options
    pineconeypineconey member
    edited January 2014
    I had found this buffalo chicken crockpot recipe that called for using chicken, blue cheese dressing and hotsauce and now I cannot for the life of me find it! All the ones I am finding call for dry Ranch mix and I didn't buy any of that. Seriously pissing me off and ruining my football dinner plans!
    @irisheyez7
    OH!! I can help!!!!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

it's DH's favorite!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    snmetz7snmetz7 member
    edited January 2014
    @lorimc12 good to know! I love when stores price match :)
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    KimC85 said:
    That sounds amazing! I love blue cheese. Was it a dip or a sandwich you were going to make?
    if it's the one i use, then it's a dip BUT so versatile! we like to make the leftovers into buffalo mac & cheese.  SO TASTY!!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Options
    thomas930 said:
    @KatieGummow I introduced a bottle just after a few weeks and never had a problem with nipple confusion. Pacis were used in the hospital, both my kids had to have phototherepy and I couldn't even hold them unless I was feeding them so a paci was the only thing I could do help comfort them. 

If you find bottle nipples and pacis that are closest to you own nipple shape it's supposed to help with nipple confusion. 
    This makes me LOL b/c someone told me this when I was pregnant with DS1. I was literally walking down the aisle at BRU taking peaks down my shirt to figure out what my nipple looked like in comparison to the bottle/paci nipples. DH was so embarrassed. 
    Hahaha, that's amazing! Do your nipples change shaprle once you start breastfeeding? Or do they stay the same but engorge?
    Mine actually did change a bit once I started breastfeeding.  I had rather flat nips before and breastfeeding has made them more prominent.  I never had issues with nipple showing through my clothes due to being cold but now I have to be more aware of that.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    pineconey said:
    KimC85 said:
    That sounds amazing! I love blue cheese. Was it a dip or a sandwich you were going to make?
    if it's the one i use, then it's a dip BUT so versatile! we like to make the leftovers into buffalo mac & cheese.  SO TASTY!!!
    Pineconeys is a dip which I have had and it is DELICIOUS but the one I was going to do was going to be a sandwich and I still can't find the flipping recipe!

• Options
    @irisheyez7 maybe just use more chicken, less of everything else?? Then it won't be soupy at all.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    irisheyez7irisheyez7 member
    edited January 2014
    KimC85 said:
    pineconey said:
    KimC85 said:
    Pineconeys is a dip which I have had and it is DELICIOUS but the one I was going to do was going to be a sandwich and I still can't find the flipping recipe!
    I found this sandwich... Now I want to make it! https://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2013/11/buffalo-crockpot-chicken.html
    This one will work! I am off to the crock pot! Thanks!

• Options
    So glad 30 weeks means back to the first trimester. I've gotten sick out if nowhere two days in a row now. Thankfully only 7 more weeks to go.
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hate it when I settle down here at the computer on the couch, only to realize my eyes are tired and I need my glasses. 
    Mmmmm...and I just burped up juice. That's HOT!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    MegJ17 said:
    So glad 30 weeks means back to the first trimester. I've gotten sick out if nowhere two days in a row now. Thankfully only 7 more weeks to go.
    I had ZERO morning sickness in the first tri and have been sick more than a few times in the last 2 weeks. Blah. I was expecting the uncomfortableness but not this!

• Options
    AND I just got up, changed in to my pjs, and forgot my glasses. 
  • Options
    Ugh...we're having a glacial flood, which is usually a sign a volcano is getting ready to go. The flood and volcano are not really close. But we get loads of ash and flights are all screwed up. 
  • Options
    @colleenswerb, you look gorgeous!

• Options

3rd cup of coffee this morning, pregnancy rules???.. %-(

I think it's more of an average! :)
  • Options

AW! New hair color and 26w bump photo. :)

Love it! Is it darker!
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i want to get wooden letters, paint and decorate them. they will be put on a shelf above the baby's crib. i am having a hard time finding letters that aren't too big or look too girly. does anyone have any ideas where i may be able to find some without spending a fortune on this project?
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

i want to get wooden letters, paint and decorate them. they will be put on a shelf above the baby's crib. i am having a hard time finding letters that aren't too big or look too girly. does anyone have any ideas where i may be able to find some without spending a fortune on this project?

Hobby lobby?
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    ImnAtari said:
    Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's... as long as your not opposed to having to paint them yourself.

Michael's and Hobby Lobby always has crazy coupons, which helps.
    I just found out yesterday that we are getting a Hobby Lobby here!  So excited!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    i went to michael's and was not impressed with the selection. the jo-ann's here is the size of a small closet and carries no wooden art stuff. i guess i'm gonna hafta google where the nearest hobby lobby is. i really want to do this project. i am going to paint them white and do different colors and patterns on them. my nephew has his name on his wall and looks so cool and i would love to do the same for my son
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    tcwink said:
    These next 2.5 months are gonna be long. I'm having such a hard time getting comfortable. I can't sleep, I can't sit through a movie, I can't even go for a walk. I know...I'm a whiner. I'm grateful, so grateful, but this mama is tiiired!
    I'm not loving your pain, I'm agreeing!!!
  • Options
    We had lasagna tonight too!! So yummy!!
  • Options
    Mmmmmm pierogies!
  • Options

I'm having a whiny day too. I'm not actually sick. (I think?) I'm just tired, vaguely nauseous, and I keep getting hot flashes and dizzy spells. I had so much I was planning on doing, but apparently pregnancy is just out to kick my ass today. DH keeps snapping at me, and I know I'm being useless and annoying - but being yelled at doesn't help. Maybe I should try to nap...

I tried that today too, but then my hips hurt:(. I miss sleeping. I'm hoping "nesting" kicks in soon so I could at least be productive.

I hope you feel better. DH needs to take it easy. ;).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"