Parenting

UO!

1235»

Re: UO!

• @cinemagoddess what is lobby baseball?
    We started with a small ball of wadded up napkins and everyone would take some time during their shift to cover it with duct tape until it was the size of a baseball.   It was surprisingly soft, so it wouldn't break any windows. 

Then we got one of the broken brooms out of the janitor's closet.  

Someone would stand by the concession area as batter and in the middle of the lobby would be the pitcher. 

If you hit the ball over the pitcher's head and hit the wall where the bathrooms were, that was a home run. 

Hitting the video games, which were just before the bathroom, 3rd base. 

Hitting the random standee we always had out, 2nd base. 

Hitting the boxoffice, 1st base.  

We had an game going off and on for about 3 years.  Anytime it was super slow or before we opened for the day,  GAME ON.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• LexiLupin said:
    You know what industry fucking sucks regarding holidays? Movie theaters. 365 days a year, baby.
    All my Jewish friends eat Chinese food and go to the movies on Christmas.  I am actually one of the only ones in my group of friends who is not Jewish, and the remainder come from all different parts of the country.  They all do this.  It's amazing.

Honestly, the movies being open on Thanksgiving and Christmas is a life saver for us.  There isn't shit to do on those days because everything else is closed, and there is only so much sitting-around-the-house-looking-at-each-other that we can do before I go insane.
    Christmas was great because all of the moms of the employees working that day would bring us food. 

My favorite times were when the Chinese and Filipino kids were working. 

DELICIOUS FOODS.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • LexiLupin said:
    I think I should have worked @cinemagoddess's theater, sounds like you guys had a blast.
    It was epic between 1996 and 1999.  Best work years ever.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I think stores should open no earlier than 7 am on Black Friday. I like shopping, but we (the general we) have practically made Thanksgiving about shopping and that's sad. I mean a Walmart employee fucking died in a stampede on Black Friday, and it was barely a blip on our radar.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • I think stores should open no earlier than 7 am on Black Friday. I like shopping, but we (the general we) have practically made Thanksgiving about shopping and that's sad. I mean a Walmart employee fucking died in a stampede on Black Friday, and it was barely a blip on our radar.
    the time of day has nothing to do with the stampedes. 

It's all about the deals that are offered and how the store deals with the crowds.  

The stampedes would still happen at 7AM.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• This year, Walmart is offering an iPhone5c for $45. 

Yeah.  It's gonna be bad.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I agree it would happen anytime, but my point is the shopping is becoming all-consuming. It's as if the whole damn point of Thanksgiving is being able to buy a flat screen tv for $85 less than normal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • UO: @notsharknado is the best SN ever. Oh wait, that's popular. Or it should be.

I'll admit, it's growing on me. ;)
  • Isn't that what the Pilgrims and the Indians were all about, tho?

The worst part about BF shopping is the fucking Canadians, man.  Taking up all the parking spaces at the outlet mall because they don't have a damn holiday to spend with their families that day. 

Dammit.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Mom2Oli said:
    There's companies that give folks Friday after Thanksgiving off as a paid day?
    I work for a Property Management company with 25 full time employees at home office but our property only has 4 full timer's, last year we planned on coming in on Black Friday until home office stated "Well you can come in if you want but no one here will be in." That was all we needed to hear, bonus 4 day weekend! We took it and ran!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mom2Oli said:
    but I thought that's the whole point of Thanksgiving being that day, for people to shop and companies to offer deals to help the economy. I am still not hearing a reason for why we have that holiday otherwise.
    No, they moved it from the last Thursday in November to the fourth Thursday to give an extra week of shopping. 

It wasn't on Thanksgiving until very recently.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Black Friday shopping is the Seventh Circle of Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Waiting in line is easily my least favorite activity of all time.  I'd seriously opt for 1,000 days of pap smears before waiting in line. 

A close second is dealing with crowds.

Hello Amazon prime...
    In 2008 I spent 4 hours in line at the Carters Outlet.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Isn't that what the Pilgrims and the Indians were all about, tho?

The worst part about BF shopping is the fucking Canadians, man.  Taking up all the parking spaces at the outlet mall because they don't have a damn holiday to spend with their families that day. 

Dammit.  
    Fucking Canadians, man. Ruin everything - first spelling, then Oreos, now BF parking.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• I had a book with me because I was anticipating spending a lot of time in line. 

Smarts.  I haz them.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I'm also a November birthday.

Next Tuesday to be exact.

I'm making my own birthday cake this weekend.
    Monday for me!

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

I am laffing at that boat gif WAY too hard...fucking hilarious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mbenit4 said:
    Getting up at the buttcrack of dawn is better than sleeping in.  

You can get more done.  

#truthbomb.  

There is nothing I need to get up for at the buttcrack of dawn on the weekend.
    Grocery shopping

I like to grocery shop at 8 PM on Friday with all the sad, lonely single men. Although sometimes a bunch of young people on their way to a party stop in for booze and ruin the melancholy.

Seriously though, the great thing about the inner suburbs is aside from 5-7 PM weekdays, the grocery stores really aren't bad at all.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    edited October 2013
    jorkz821 said:
    Isn't that what the Pilgrims and the Indians were all about, tho?

Dammit.  
    Fucking Canadians, man. Ruin everything - first spelling, then Oreos, now BF parking.
    This is a running joke in my office.  I work for the US division of a Canadian company. We're mostly just bitter because they get off all of the Canadian holidays (paid), and not only do we have to work all those days but most of our holidays as well. So anytime anything goes wrong, we say "fucking Canadians." :))

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• DD's candy haul last night wasn't that great. Lots of suckers, lots of nasty tootsie rolls.

NOT ONE PEANUT BUTTER CUP. I was looking forward to raiding her pumpkin (lol, we went to 10 houses) and taking all the things she's allergic too, but I get pretty much nothing. I did take the Nerds, though.
    @crashintome1

I know. We went with two separate baskets---one for "her" safe ones--and one for the chocolate ones that I know she couldn't have. Just incase she was picking through it and opened one peanut candy by accident.

Well at nearly EVERY single house there was some type of candy that was allergen friendly--so we chose those. (twirlers, tootsie rolls, lollipops, nerds, whoppers, etc) 

I was sad. I wanted more peanut candy for myself. 
    My daughter is my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"