Parenting
Options

UO!

Re: UO!

• Options

Getting up at the buttcrack of dawn is better than sleeping in.  

You can get more done.  

#truthbomb.  
    Tell that to my DH who thinks he requires a 9:30 am wake up every fucking weekend morning. #crackers

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

You can get more done.  

#truthbomb.  
    Tell that to my DH who thinks he requires a 9:30 am wake up every fucking weekend morning. #crackers
    Samesies.  I will talk to your DH, Missy.  I will show him the glory of getting to the grocery store when it's empty and getting all the shopping done in, like, 30 minutes.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think tights on babies or kids under 5 is silly. Whhyyyyy would you do that? Tights suck so so hard, why would you do that to a kid? Even if for some reason you think tights are comfortable you still have to peel them off to change diapers or to help go potty 30 times a day. I don't get it. I've finally popped my UO cherry! I can never come up with anything on Thursdays.
    I guess I don't buy them that tight nor find them any more difficult to remove than leggings?
    Or pants.
    Those toddler jeggings are a BITCH to remove.
    Dd has a very bubbly booty and I find it harder to get them over her butt. I'm talking Kim K, J Lo butt.....
    LOL kind of related but my SD said they need to make thinner diapers because DSs diapers made his butt look big.  She said it would be embarrassing for him because all the other kids would know he was wearing a diaper at daycare.  She is almost 11 and she's a little nut.  LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadyXaverianLadyXaverian member
    edited October 2013
    Businesses should not misspell words in ther business name, even if it means you get a cute alliteration from it. So Klassy kitchens, I will not be hiring you for my kitchen Reno because your name makes me stabby!
    I know we're 3 pages in now, but I want to comment on this-- yes!! I was so disappointed when I found out that my daughter's in home day care's official "business name" (that I didn't know because I found her by word of mouth before I ever saw the official name on a newsletter etc..) has a cutesy misspelled word to make the name "match". It has the "word" "Kreative" in it. Ugh.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    CurlyQ284 said:

I think putting tights on babies or kids under 5 is silly. Whhyyyyy would you do that? Tights suck so so hard, why would you do that to a kid? Even if for some reason you think tights are comfortable you still have to peel them off to change diapers or to help go potty 30 times a day. I don't get it.

I've finally popped my UO cherry! I can never come up with anything on Thursdays.

Because due to the length of her dress, leggings looked silly but she still needed something on her legs.

I wish I had a pic of DD2 this morning to attach to my comment, but suffice it to say she looks super cute today.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Options
    mbenit4 said:
    Also leggings are not fucking pants. The material in the crotch is not a good look. Brought to you by my DD trying to wear some to school with a shirt not long enough.
    OMG I hope this isn't unpopular.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

You can get more done.  

#truthbomb.  
    DH and I were having this convo the other day.  The latest I've woken up since DS was born was 7:30 am.  Most days it's 6:45 am.  On days when I need to be somewhere, I'll get up as early as 5:30 am.  I seriously don't mind it.  I prefer being up early in the morning versus staying up late at night.
    I'm up at 4:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can be to work before 6.  Not only do I avoid all the horrific traffic, I can hang out with you jerks for an hour or so before actually starting to work, work a full day, and still be home by 3:30PM.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I used to worry about my grammar and spelling, but now I just don't care. If my poor writing skills is all you can come away with from one of my posts, then suck it.
  • Options
    ReeseFox said:

CurlyQ284 said:

I think putting tights on babies or kids under 5 is silly. Whhyyyyy would you do that? Tights suck so so hard, why would you do that to a kid? Even if for some reason you think tights are comfortable you still have to peel them off to change diapers or to help go potty 30 times a day. I don't get it.

I've finally popped my UO cherry! I can never come up with anything on Thursdays.

Because due to the length of her dress, leggings looked silly but she still needed something on her legs.

I wish I had a pic of DD2 this morning to attach to my comment, but suffice it to say she looks super cute today.
    I forget that dresses exist. I really don't think I should have a little girl lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    All this tights talk makes me wanna go shop for Christmas dresses.
    This is more of a confession, but I have already purchased 3 Christmas dresses for DD.  Oops.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    NOPE! Newsboy hats are the cutest things ever. You're broken Little J.
  • Options
    Here's another one:

I really hate that our society is no longer patient.  Like, we canNOT wait for things anymore.  They have to be done immediately because we've crammed so much activity into our days there just isn't enough time to get everything done. 

Truth.  Instant gratification is the root of so many evils. 
  • Options
    ReeseFox said:
    I think putting tights on babies or kids under 5 is silly. Whhyyyyy would you do that? Tights suck so so hard, why would you do that to a kid? Even if for some reason you think tights are comfortable you still have to peel them off to change diapers or to help go potty 30 times a day. I don't get it. I've finally popped my UO cherry! I can never come up with anything on Thursdays.
    Because due to the length of her dress, leggings looked silly but she still needed something on her legs. I wish I had a pic of DD2 this morning to attach to my comment, but suffice it to say she looks super cute today.
    What else would you put under a skirt? DD had an adorable yellow skirt that she wears and it will require tights. I've been putting tights on her since she was a tiny baby. She has never complained.
  • Options
    Omg, I'm off to toddler shop thanks to @cinemagoddess!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    Re: Christmas dresses - This right here is so motherfucking cute I can't stand it! For the first time ever I wish my kids were closer in age so I could dress them alike. 

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image

• Options
    LexiLupin said:

Regardless of how otherwise trollish or flameworthy a poster might be, using their spelling or grammar as a means of critique is not okay. Mostly because it makes me think of this:
    even if it's not true, and it makes people who just aren't good with spelling and grammar feel self-conscious.

ITA. I would like to add personal insults. As soon as you start name calling as a means of proving your point, you have only proved one thing. Any good POV posts you've had before are suspect and possibly invalid.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    Regardless of how otherwise trollish or flameworthy a poster might be, using their spelling or grammar as a means of critique is not okay. Mostly because it makes me think of this:
    even if it's not true, and it makes people who just aren't good with spelling and grammar feel self-conscious.
    ITA. I would like to add personal insults. As soon as you start name calling as a means of proving your point, you have only proved one thing. Any good POV posts you've had before are suspect and possibly invalid.
    The exception being starting off with "You are a goddamn idiot, and here's why ::insert proof of idiocy::"  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Yeah, I know proper grammar and spelling but sometimes when mobile bumping I can't be bothered to go back and fix apostrophes and squiggly red lines. Ain't nobody got time for that.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options

I love the new siggy pic @Assembly_Reqd

~^~Not an UO.
    Thanks! He is pretty awesome. I am very proud of the fact that his sweater 'came with experience' and only cost me 6 bucks.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    I hate Halloween. Like despise it. I'm only doing anything now because I have ds.

Also, I hate snickers. **shudders**
  • Options
    Mine is that I think I am traumatized by the pad costume in the Halloween post. Just, WHY? Beyond that it is a pad: Why on earth would you want the "blood" on your mouth? No, just no!
  • Options

I agree with @loveactually4. Also annoying is misplaced apostrophes. It's 90s or '90s, not 90's, local radio station ad! 90's would be possessive.

Ya learn sumthin new...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    scoutkate said:

This is not a new UO for me, obviously, but I still prefer a good old-fashioned smocked bishop dress on my kid at Christmas (or any time, really). 

Me too, they're just so cute!

image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Here's an actual UO, I don't have a smartphone, and more than that, I don't want one. 

I'd be lost w/o mine. Literally. I use GPS on the reg
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    edited October 2013
    Mom2Oli said:
    @ReeseFox those might be cute but why the need to be strapless?
    Ease of construction? IDK...I didn't put that much thought into it, I just think it's cute.

image image

• Options
    UO: I should not be responsible for my kid walking into the trajectory of the door that I'm opening to enter daycare.

This morning, after I entered the code to unlock the door, I swung it open, and basically wrecked DS.  He wasn't hurt and didn't even really hit anything... he just fell on his bottom.  It took all my control not to giggle because people walking into shit is a time-honored piece of comedy.

Another mother who was exiting at the same time straight up judged me and side-eyed the shit out of me because I didn't bend down and help him up.  I just said, "whoops!  Did you bonk anything".  He said "no" and I said, "you're ok, let's go inside". 

I heard her mumbling to the other mother as I walked inside.  Whatevah.

I think you reacted appropriately.  I never jump up and yell if DD falls/ lightly bumps head-- I think reacting that way makes your kid over react to every little scrape and bump.

There was only one time when DD rolled off the couch (she was maybe 5 months old) onto the carpet and I nearlyhad a sh!t attack.  She was fine, but I think I startled her into a crying fit.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Mom2Oli said:
    @ReeseFox those might be cute but why the need to be strapless?

I wondered the same thing.  Strapless would never work on my little gal.  

C is 3 years old

• Options
    To beat the candy corn horse to death, I have hated it a passion my whole life.  Like, I always considered it the crappiest of the crappiest, and even when my body was thirsting for sugar I would not imbibe any.  

Until this year.  I ate the whole bowl of candy corn that I bought to try and dissuade myself from eating candy.  And I loved it.  LOVED IT, I tell you.  I have no idea what has happened to me.  

C is 3 years old

• Options
    missymo said:
    To beat the candy corn horse to death, I have hated it a passion my whole life.  Like, I always considered it the crappiest of the crappiest, and even when my body was thirsting for sugar I would not imbibe any.  

Until this year.  I ate the whole bowl of candy corn that I bought to try and dissuade myself from eating candy.  And I loved it.  LOVED IT, I tell you.  I have no idea what has happened to me.  

I love the candy pumpkins...i try to eat the top green part and then finish the orange part last.  I pick apart all of my candy.  Eat all the chocolate from a Kit Kat, then do layer by layer.  Eat all the chocolate from a Butterfinger, then eat the middle last...etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @bullybutt, now that I don't have a burning hatred for candy corn like sweets, I want to try those pumpkins! I imagine I will find them to be delicious.  

Half price candy will be in my cart tomorrow.  Guaranteed.  

C is 3 years old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"