Parenting

UO!

Re: UO!

• Mine is I don't think parents should wear their kids clothes (EVEN IF THEY FIT YOU). I buy my niece nice clothes for gifts, and then I see my sister wearing them. It pisses me off.

OMG-- Horrible.

Mutton dressed as lamb.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Leggings are leggings.  Pants are pants.  Or trousers if you're in England.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Black yoga pants were also slacks for work when I was pregnant.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • EVA116 said:
    @loveactually4 I guess I should say if he did it one time....an on-going thing I would want to know about

For me, it would depend on the detriment it would have on my relationship.  An affair that my SO was using to get whatever he's lacking in our relationship, I'd want to know.  Because I can't fix something if I don't know it's broken.  But some stupid one night thing fueled by alcohol and horniess (as opposed to emotions), I couldn't really care less to know.  As long as he took care of himself and made sure he doesn't give me anything that he might have contracted from his own stupid decision.  But that's me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eh I would be pissed if he messed up one time and told....why would I need to feel that hurt and pain...then he puts it all on me...not fair...now I have to decide whether or not our family stays together.

• Frasier was the funniest/best show ever.
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • I think stores opening on Thanksgiving for Black Friday sales is ridiculous and a slap in the face to employees who have to work on Thanksgiving.  I worked retail for several years and being there at 3am on Friday was enough, I can't imagine being there at 9pm Thanksgiving night or even earlier depending on what time the sale starts. Give the employees who have to work a chance to enjoy their holiday.  I'm an avid Black Friday shopper but I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving.
    I agree and I love Black Friday too.  I know that the stores that are opening on Thansgiving say that it will still give the employees to have time for dinner with their families, but I'm sure the employees have to get there much earlier than the opening time at 8:00 p.m. 
  • If my H had any type of affair with another person, no matter the circumstance, I want to know.

I think for me it isn't that I don't want to know, so much as knowing wouldn't change how I would handle the situation?  I have my own personal beliefs on cheating, so finding out about a one-night stand would not garner much more of a negative reaction out of me than just not knowing to begin with.  Whereas, as I said, with an affair that involves seeking to fill in a hole that is missing in our relationship, I would want to know because that would be a completely different ballgame.  I would be more devestated by an emotional, non-sexual affair than a sexual one-night stand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LexiLupin said:
    I would gladly pay exorbitant taxes if it meant living in a country that treated healthcare and access to higher education as rights, not luxuries.
    Same.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Internet message board grammar/spelling doesn't equal IRL spelling in businesses in my mind. I thought we were talking about businesses/ads. I certainly don't use proper grammar all the time on the boards and don't expect others to.

Sorry if the comment about the radio ad made anyone feel bad. Not my intent at all. I know this is pages later, but still.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I think dreads look a lot more like turds. Braids can be really pretty (or really awful if you're not doing/getting them done well)
  • Nope all braids look terrible.

• Seeing celebrities with fancy updos and they have random hairs sticking out of the do makes me ragey. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• i braid my bangs back every damn day. i look awesome.
  • @mbenit4 I think I have a little residual PPD and my 3 month old is so much more work then my DD ever was.....I can't wait till he is older....hopefully my %s will change then. :)

• EVA116EVA116 member
    edited October 2013
    Oh I also think 4th of July >  any other holiday

• my UO is that i absolutely love doing elf on the shelf.  i start looking for funny and creative hijinx for my elf to get into months in advance of christmas.  i also post a picture of said hijinx every day on facebook.  i am generally a pretty lazy parent, but i go all out for this.
  • EVA116 said:
    @mbenit4 I think I have a little residual PPD and my 3 month old is so much more work then my DD ever was.....I can't wait till he is older....hopefully my %s will change then. :)
    @eva11, i will get better.  i felt the same way when my DS was born and now 3 1/2 years later, he is the source of 90% of my laughter.  hugs to you.
  • ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    edited October 2013
    @Helenahhandbasket Unless you work for a stupid company that makes you come back to work on Friday.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Mom2Oli said:
    Why is Thanksgiving even a holiday? Are we giving thanks for the diseases the colonists brought over?

Somebody school me. And if it's not tied to that anymore, why does it have to be a Thursday?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

On December 26, 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a joint resolution of Congress changing the national Thanksgiving Day from the last Thursday in November to the fourth Thursday. Two years earlier, Roosevelt had used a presidential proclamation to try to achieve this change, reasoning that earlier celebration of the holiday would give the country an economic boost.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I have a real one.   I think police officers should have to follow the same traffic/driving rules when they are not in an emergency situation (i.e. lights not flashing.)

This brought to you by the officer in his police car who regular goes 40-45 through the neighborhood on the way to his house and tailgates me all the time (presumably because I am going exactly or under the speed limit.)  It's a neighborhood heavily populated with children and I fear the day is going to come when he is going to hit one of them. 

Police officers go to calls all day long that don't require lights & sirens, but that doesn't mean they don't need to get there quickly. Maybe they should sit in traffic instead of trying to quickly respond to your call. Then you can also complain about how long it took them to get there.

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • ReeseFox said:
    @Helenahhandbasket Unless you work for a stupid company that makes you come back to work on Friday.

Yeah-- I used to work for one of those too.  Boo to your stupid company.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• If DH had an affair and then didn't come clean I would just see that as double the betrayal. But I'm very much in the "if he cheats on me we are done" camp.

*I'm aware that I can't know exactly how I would react, but that is how I feel about it right now.
  • I have a real one.   I think police officers should have to follow the same traffic/driving rules when they are not in an emergency situation (i.e. lights not flashing.)

This brought to you by the officer in his police car who regular goes 40-45 through the neighborhood on the way to his house and tailgates me all the time (presumably because I am going exactly or under the speed limit.)  It's a neighborhood heavily populated with children and I fear the day is going to come when he is going to hit one of them. 

Police officers go to calls all day long that don't require lights & sirens, but that doesn't mean they don't need to get there quickly. Maybe they should sit in traffic instead of trying to quickly respond to your call. Then you can also complain about how long it took them to get there.

Tell that to the cop who almost ran me off the road once trying to get to Starbucks for a latte. 

Yes, that really happened.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Mom2Oli said:
    There's companies that give folks Friday after Thanksgiving off as a paid day?
    Yup. The last couple companies I worked for did. The day after Christmas too.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Mom2Oli said:
    well if it is for the economic boost, why all the bitching about shopping. those companies are just trying to achieve what President Roosevelt aimed for.
    They weren't shopping on Thanksgiving day, tho.  They moved it so there would be an extra week of shopping.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Frasier was the funniest/best show ever.
    I watched this almost every day on maternity leave. Dramatic irony loves Frasier. :) such a brilliant show.
    Niles and Eddie were my favorite.  Was such a shame to see it end. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tell that to the cop who almost ran me off the road once trying to get to Starbucks for a latte. 

Yes, that really happened.  

I'd run someone off the road for a Salted Caramel Mocha, too.
  • Because football is life.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Also, I know for a fact that the security dudes at football games make like triple overtime on holidays. 

Unlike the rando clerk at JCPenney who makes just over minimum wage and doesn't get paid extra for working on a holiday.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Mom2Oli said:
    There's companies that give folks Friday after Thanksgiving off as a paid day?
    The company I work for now does.  But I have worked for companies inthe past that did not.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Also, I know for a fact that the security dudes at football games make like triple overtime on holidays. 

Unlike the rando clerk at JCPenney who makes just over minimum wage and doesn't get paid extra for working on a holiday.  
    I thought a lot of retail got paid time and a half or double for holidays. I did when I worked retail.
    I did too.  Gap alum here.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

I thought a lot of retail got paid time and a half or double for holidays. I did when I worked retail.
    Not if you're seasonal staff.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• LexiLupin said:
    You know what industry fucking sucks regarding holidays? Movie theaters. 365 days a year, baby.
    I loved working Thanksgiving at the movie theater.  There was never anyone there so we sat around playing board games and lobby baseball. 

It was dope.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Also, pretty much every employer I've had has offered the day after Thanksgiving off.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• LexiLupin said:
    You know what industry fucking sucks regarding holidays? Movie theaters. 365 days a year, baby.
    Yes, and travel/hospitality too...24/7/365.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"