August 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/14 ❤️💕

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/14 ❤️💕

• Options
    @wisewitch222 Doesn’t seem like it! We were safe because we were taking the precautions. Now, we have just abandoned! It’s hard to know who has our best intentions anymore. It’s gotten really sad. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @mdfarmchick Agreed!! It is definitely a practice that should stop taking place. I add it to my “how did we do?” survey after every visit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris We haven't abandoned preschool because 1.) It's our childcare, but also 2.) he really likes preschool, his friends, his teacher, and he gets so much out of it, that right now, if he keeps his own close-fitting mask on, the risk is still worth it. #1 was in PreK during the original shutdown and he was just at a loss without school while DH and I worked. So school is still happening, and hopefully the covid cases start going down again, after the slight upturn in the sewage the past two weeks....
  • Options
    We are headed to the beach in California this weekend and I cannot wait. I don’t even care that it’s 60’s. 😘
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick where do you live? I don’t feel like going back through intros to look 😆 I think I assumed Maryland because “md” 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @and_peggy my whole family lives in MD but for now we are in Vegas. We are working towards a move this summer back to the East Coast though 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick okay so I was sort of guessing correctly 😆 Hope you are able to get back there!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    meagan822meagan822 member
    edited February 2022
    @paytonpedro Relatable regarding the weather! It’s been in the 30°s a lot! We’ve gotten a foot plus of snow, but it’s mostly been raining. Also there was an avalanche blocking a fairly major highway with 10-15 feet of snow. They got it clear and did contained triggering of more avalanches to make sure the space is safe for driving. Thankfully not a ton of people live along there with mountain on one side and ocean on the other. We’ll be driving past that this weekend. Lol. I hope the sun just comes out. All this melting/falling snow, rain, and slush makes me count down the days till Hawaii and spring!😅

@brittanynmorris That’s so frustrating! My nurse is patient with me as I quickly take off my boots, coat, and place my purse and water bottle and binder on the chair or floor.. They don’t ask me to, and if I ask if I need to, they’ll say not to worry about it, but I just never ask and always do. I don’t want it to look like I suddenly lost 10 pounds when summer comes and I don’t need a coat and have already emptied my water bottle.😅 Don’t be afraid to take the lead. They can’t force you to stay in your jacket. You can say “One second, let me get this bulky coat off and slip off my boots” or “I’m going to take these off, so it represents me, not my wardrobe” or “I don’t want another overweight brochure-is there a way we can talk about a healthy pregnancy without focusing on the weight itself? I want to view my strong, changing body positively.” I’m very blessed to have a provider that hasn’t said anything about weight. If you aren’t enjoying your experience, you may click more with another provider as well. 
  • Options
    meagan822meagan822 member
    edited February 2022
    @bridgiebee82 I agree! My brother used to be quite scrawny till he started working out. He was so excited when his muscle got him into the “Overweight” category! My sister was insecure about her body, even with a “normal BMI” She started doing physique competitions after training a lot at the gym. She gained over 20 pounds and is the most fit she’s been. I have a good friend who had surgeries and if she loses much weight, it will not be good for her body. I had an uncle who was much bigger than my dad, but my dad weighed more because of his bone density. I sometimes wish scales didn’t exist, so people learn how to BE and FEEL healthy without any number associated to health. Despite falling into the “healthy BMI,” this is a topic I am very passionate about. People are too unique for such categories!😅
  • Options
    @meagan822 I love the focus on a healthy pregnancy and not the weight. I take off my coat, and I always wear shoes that aren't too bulky. Even if it's snowy I wear either small booties or sneakers. 

My son is sick. He has had a runny nose but last night we were up half the night because when he would fall asleep he couldn't breathe then we did steam bathroom. Ugh. He felt a little warm tonight. Fx for a better night!
  • Options
    bridgiebee82bridgiebee82 member
    edited February 2022
    @leahrnmom glad your DS is feeling a little better.

@paytonpedro falling on the ice sucks big time. Ugh so sorry. Hope you're feeling better soon. I'd probably still be laying out there on the ice lmao
  • Options
    @paytonpedro oh no! I'm sorry that really sucks. No bleeding and cramping is a good sign. Keeping my 🤞 that doesn't change. 
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 Just wanted to clarify, I meant abandoning precautions! 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I’m just glad no one saw me lol yay for a productive day!! Mine was opposite 🙈 I got home a took a nap. Lol

@darkrose88 I’m still good so I think I’m in the clear. My mil is a nurse, who used to work in obgyn years and years ago, and said it would happen pretty shortly after and I was probably good. I trust that. 
  • Options
    @brittanynmorris Ooh! Yeah, totally agree. I feel bad that there may be some people who opt to keep their kids home from no-mask preschool because preschool is so great for the kids. But precautions for sure. Well-fitting masks and a vaccinated/boosted teacher who sets a good example by continuing to wear hers. 
  • Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited February 2022
    @paytonpedro slipping in the ice is the worst!! So humiliating (if witnessed) and painful. My hip and butt ache just thinking about it. One time I got out of the car in front of like 20 people and slipped onto my butt TWICE. It was...embarrassing. Big bruise. I'm sure baby is fine! Lots of fluid and padding to keep them safe.

DD1 school just made masks optional, BUT we live in an isolated area in Idaho where covid is very low and there have been zero cases at her school. Plus she's vaccinated so that makes me feel better. But if I was in a high transmission area with a kid under 5...I'd be MAD. It totally sucks! We have these community guidelines that outline different levels of transmission and what precautions are recommended for each level. We're fortunate DD1's montessori follows those guidelines strictly. Her previous school (we switch this year) were VERY loose about their precautions and almost anti-mask. The lady who runs the school is not quiet about her opinions and it started to become a real issue. Many parents pulled their kids from the school this past year because of her. Luckily it means DD1 has three friends from her old school at her new school plus a favorite teacher who also abandoned ship. 

Side note: MH got the booster yesterday and he's super sick today. The booster didn't affect me at all, but it's different for everyone. Poor guy cannot handle sickness. Luckily, it's the weekend and we can all chill at home today.
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I didn’t want to screw up the words, I AM LITERALLY WATCHING WAYNES WORLD RIGHT NOW 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    @paytonpedro that's awesome!!!
  • Options
    We’re going to a birthday celebration for my sister today and the original place had these delicious looking mocktails on the menu and I was so excited about them. She just changed the location to somewhere else with no mocktails on the menu. I’m sad and I’m still going to ask the bartender to make me something.  
  • Options
    @itsme215 definitely ask the bartender to make you something yummy. HBD to your sister
  • Options
    @paytonpedro happy birthday to DS1! Ugh, as a Momma, birthdays choke me up. It's cruel how quickly the years fly by!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro happy birthday to DS and ummmmmm no thanks to the belly touches. 😠
  • Options
    @paytonpedro omg NO! I'm glad your six enjoyed his party, though!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro yay for a wonderful birthday! And no to the belly touches. Ughhh. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro happy 6th birthday to YS! Belly touching is a big no for me so I feel for you. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro happy birthday to your baby boy! I know what you mean about them growing too fast. I keep looking at DD1 and wishing she'd just stay 8 for a while longer...she'll be two months away from 9 when this baby is born and that blows my mind. That's closer to being a teenager than a toddler and it freaks me out. I wish childhood lasted longer.

And NO to the belly touches. I have a feeling my MIL will do that next time I see her. She's lovely but has like zero boundaries. lol.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Happy birthday to your son!
  • Options
    Awh thanks everyone!! 🥰❤️ His actual birthday is Wednesday so I’m probably going to just cry all day. Lol. 
    My mil touched my belly like 3-4 weeks ago when it was definitely all just bloat still. I was like yeah that’s not the baby it’s probably the burger I had for lunch. Also no boundaries. 
  • Options
    A few things I missed
    @starkette so happy to hear about the help and answers you were waiting for for your daughter!!
    @bridgiebee82 So sorry you've been through the ringer with school and being exhausted lately. Your body is working in double-time and you need a well deserved spa day. 
    @paytonpedro happy early birthday to DS, happy to hear he loved his bowling party!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick yessss to the people allowed to touch my belly. Just DH and DS. No one else. But DS overdoes it all the time. I love him... but when he insists on putting his hands directly on my belly and stroking it for several minutes it is hard not to lose it.