August 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/14 ❤️💕

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/14 ❤️💕

• Options
    When will the bump mobile get their notifications to a better system. Come on. This is stupid. @paytonpedro ygpm
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dimeadozen I had a similar style dream I came home and SO had the car seats out of his truck and had dropped it off to “Frank” when I asked why he had them out he gave me some bs about needing room for an alternator, I asked why he didn’t put it in the bed of the truck and didn’t like his answer so I LOST IT. screaming at him, throwing things at him. 

@bridgiebee82 I would tell her ever since I told you I was pregnant your ears have been broken and you’ve been disrespecting the rules 
  • Options
    @dimeadozen ugh I’ve had dreams like that and it’s terrible. I wake up and I just want to shove him off the bed. 🤣 in the first few weeks of pregnancy I had so many angry dreams. 
    @bridgiebee82 ugh. I’m sorry you have to deal with snotty children. That was super rude of her and even if that was true, totally not her place to say it!! 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 That sounds like something she could be written up for. What does the principal say? I know MH could definitely write up one of his high school students for a direct personal insult like that.
  • Options
    I wrote her up for disrupting class because that's what she was doing. And then to say that to me, I'm ready to go the F off. But I won't because she is a kid, but my blood is boiling right now. 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    @and_peggy YGPM 💌

Am I the only one who reads that as “Yo Girl, private message!”?

• Options
    @paytonpedro im always going to read it like that now 😆😆. But ygpm yo girl
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just took the boys for haircuts. They look adorable but it’s safe to say I’m going to have to learn how to cut their hair because I just paid $85 😳 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bridgiebee82 excuse her! Some people’s children. Oooop to @wigglyicecream’s response 😂 You can tell her to let you know if the principal has an attitude as well when she see’s he/she in their office. Byeeee

@paytonpedro I remember a few of us saying that early on! Right after that discussion I had a mad dream including my dad. I called to tell him about how ironic the timing was and realized half way through the thought he didn’t know I was pregnant so I just got silent and there was a very long pause. I told him I just blanked and couldn’t remember what I was saying. Haha 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream I told her she has a nasty attitude and needs to drop it. This is not going to fly and I don't allow anyone to walk into my classroom and talk to me that way. I actually went to the principal in tears because I was ready to lose my mind. 

@paytonpedro the pregnancy dreams are crazy! I woke up so mad the one day and I couldn't even remember what I dreamed. 

@and_peggy how is a boy's haircut that much? Holy moly! So much for haircuts! Is there a less expensive place you can go? In the summer, I just shave my friend's kids' heads for them. Lol it's a lot easier and cheaper.
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 it’s like $25 per kid but x3 ya know. And then a tip. I do buzz their hair in the summer but it’s been a while and they really needed proper haircuts. They looked a little rough 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @and_peggy Holy crap! I guess I'll be learning to cut hair too! Lol
  • Options
    @and_peggy oof, sorry. I hate the small simple stuff being SOOO expensive. Just start watching a few YouTube videos and you’ll be good! (Kidding to all the hair dressers out there) haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is that at a salon, @and_peggy ? The barber my kids go to with their dad is $12 for a child boy, and I've seen other places that are $10.
  • Options
    @dimeadozen I’ve tried 😆 but it’s disastrous. Honestly. I’ll happily pay the money for the pro to do it. My youngest needed a trim at 6 months and I thought I could do it. Turns out I couldn’t and he looked like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber so I buzzed it off. 😆 it’s a funny story we laugh about now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @and_peggy holy cow. I have been teaching myself to trim their hair since Covid. Also, MH does the flowbee 🤣🙄

• Options
    @and_peggy bahahaha I just have a visual of a baby with a Lloyd Christmas bowl cut. I needed that laugh
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I don’t know about your boys but all my boys’ hair grows so differently so it’s a nightmare trying to tackle it on my own.

@bridgiebee82 I did not inform my husband I was doing it so his reaction will go down in history 😆 one day when we’re in a private group, I’ll share the photos 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @and_peggy mine have different colors and textures and the thickness is different 😝 It’s been an adventure. 
  • Options
    Re: haircuts. DS has sensory issues and literally goes into melt downs (like sobbing/dry heaving) when we cut his hair. We started taking him into a place that specializes in kids hair because they are professionals and deal with children who respond poorly far more than we do. For us, paying for a hair cut is worth it. 
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I can fully appreciate that. There are some special people that do children's haircuts, and especially the ones that work with children with sensory issues. 💗 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 it was totally the right decision for our family. IMO at home or salon haircuts, you do what works best for your family. 
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I completely get that. I think we just got in the practice during Covid because I never saw myself cutting their hair… I am not a professional at all. And haircuts here doubled in price which is just hard I’m glad you were able to find a place that works with you. 
  • Options
    We could not give our own haircuts. I cut my boys' hair during covid shut down just so it stayed out of their eyes, but it looked horrible and they hated me doing it. Much better to go to a barber. During the recent omicron surge they both rocked shaggy mullets for two weeks because my #2 is still too young for the vaccine and they don't wear masks at the barber anymore, so I just waited to the surge to pass.

That said, I don't want to spend a fortune on little boy haircuts. I go to an expensive salon because my hair is long and thick and needs attentive layering to not look like a Christmas tree, but that level of skill and attention to detail isn't necessary for my kids' hair, so they go to barber with Dad. 
  • Options
    I know a guy who owns strip malls and he said recently that kids hair salons are one the best kinds of tenants because they just print money. I believe it. 
  • Options
    @itsme215 Yep! There was one in the city we used to live. I thought about taking #1 there for his first haircut because they give certificates, and then hard passed when I saw the price tag. 
  • Options
    I have to say that my sister in law does hair in her basement and does my kids for free. That being said I haven't been impressed with how she does it so if I was paying I'd go to someone else. Once my daughter is older I'll take her somewhere and pay for it. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro that is me every time I bump on my laptop. I go on there maybe once a week and I have soooo many notifications lol. I really wish they did notifications better on the phone. 😐
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I actually think I like the app better than on the laptop.  :# But I agree that they need a better system for notifications and for message alerts on the app. Currently there is nothing for either.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro 100% agree I like the app better. I dislike the limited emojis on the computer. Plus the app is just so much more accessible. The only plus for computer is the notifications. 
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer I am also a Leo. Some of the babies toward the end of the month will be virgos but I think this is a cute idea 
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer I have a necklace with a pendant for each kid. But that was 3 kids ago and hasn’t been updated since so i think ill be doing birthstones or initial. The birthstone order would be May, August, January, July and (probably July) or august. So that’s green, green, red, red, red or green. Which is hilarious to me but also I don’t know that I want Christmas colors 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @paytonpedro omg so funny that it is xmas colors 😂
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream check your inbox 📥 
  • Options
    So flattered that I got tagged as you @paytonpedro 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @and_peggy cute! What’s wrong with a little Christmas spirit all the time? Haha I looked up the alternate colors and that’s not much help either! (Like mine, October is pink or opal)

I guess I can use my unpopular opinion early and say I like the web way better versus mobile. So much easier to respond (when using two windows)

@buffythevampireslayer cute necklace!
    Pregnancy Ticker