January 2022 Moms
Options

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Options
    Hello @comtessedecle! I'll be 40 shortly after the (hopeful) birth of this baby  :s And after I stop feeling like utter crap all day every day, I'm so down to motivate each other re: working out  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @comtessedecle, welcome! I'm gray, working and "old" at 38.. but we're totally not old yet. 😂

@heatherv89 I got a headache today too! Check out the symptoms thread for May. 💕
  • Options
    Welcome @beckylookatherbump! I can understand how you're feeling re: guilt about having kids close together. I got pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 13 months. Just remember you have months to have some special times with your son before the new one comes. I made it a point to do as much as I could with my first while I was pregnant (well, at least after 1st trimester, haha). I love having my kids so close in age. They're 4.5 and 2.5 now and play together so well, most of the time. Anyway. Hope this pregnancy goes more smoothly for you!
  • Options
    Hey @beckylookatherbump

Congratulations! Welcome to Jan Mamas Club. Mom guilt is a real thing, that we can step into and wear like a badge of honor. Don’t! I read blessing all through your post. You have a partner, a career and a healthy baby already. Lean into those things and let go of the guilt. PH D in Pharmacy, so you made it through Organic Chemistry?!? (Raising my mock Mom-osa) Two babies will be a breeze!

Mom of a blended group of five kids, soon to be six. We have three boys born March/July/Dec of 2012, then the next two are 2014&2015. Show them love and all will be well. I don’t even remember how to change a diaper! 

You got this!
  • Options
    Hi all! My name is Sarah, I live in Ontario, Canada. My husband and I have a 2 year old son. 

Due date? January 25, I think

How did you find out? Pregnancy test. I tested a few days before my period was due and had the faintest line. I've been testing since to see the line get darker. 

My husband's name is Jordan, and son is James. We have a dog named Rosie. I am a registered massage therapist. And am learning how to sew in the little spare time I have. I've been making my son summer clothes since I can't go instore to buy any (we are still in lockdown here in Ontario). 

I am feeling mostly normal. A little bit of nausea, more emotional, more tired. I don't have an U/S appointment yet, but have had bloodwork and urinalysis done. Emotionally, I'm guarded as it's still so early in the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Hi @sarah_is_pregnant Welcome to the January boards! 
  • Options
    Hi @daisymomof3! Welcome to the January 2022 board!
  • Options
    @Knottie1456272878 my fingers and toes are crossed for your blood draw tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @Knottie1456272878 Yes, praying for you!! 
  • Options
    @Knottie1456272878 That is an amazing story! Praying for your blood draw tomorrow! 
  • Options
    comtessedeclecomtessedecle member
    edited May 2021
    @Lisa3379 Awesome...and same, same, same! Today all I could motivate myself to do was sit and work instead of lie down and work  :smiley:
  • Options
    @excited1stimer welcome! What a journey. & So amazing you heard the heartbeat at 5.5 weeks- I had no idea you could that early..
  • Options
    @Limes030 thank you! We had no idea either, I was just a ball of tears at the sight of it :smile:
  • Options
    That's great news, Knottie! Can you do us a favor, though? Can you change your handle to something different so we can recognize you and get to know you better? You have to do it through The Knot. :) 
  • Options
    Yes for sure! I tried yesterday but will try again - this is my first time EVER posting on any chat board so I’m a bit of a Luddite. Also - is there an easier way to get to this chat room? I have the app but then navigate to tools -> community and it takes like 4 clicks for me to get here. Is it easier on desktop maybe?

Ultrasound scheduled for Thursday at 11:30 - amazing!!!
  • Options
    @knottie yeah, it seems to take a couple log ins and outs for the new handle to take hold, it’s weird. And the app is horrible - I do most of my posting on the desktop version. Yay for your ultrasound being so soon! 
  • Options
    @knottie yay! I am so happy for you!!
  • Options
    Hi all!! I’m a little late but just discovered this thread and excited to join. This is my first pregnancy so this is all new for me! 

Due date? January 4th 

How did you find out? I found out on April 28th.. I was having some brief lightheadedness and was feeling extra hangry for a few days so I was feeling suspicious but I told myself I’d wait to test until the day of my missed period. We’ve  been trying to conceive for 2 years so it was surreal to finally get a positive test!! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    My husband and I currently live in the upper Midwest w our 2 cats, however we are moving to the East Coast in a few weeks. We  both work in health care. I love cooking, gardening, spending time outdoors, and binge watching movies w my husband and cats. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    My first in person appt isn’t until June 9th (10w1d) and I’m going crazy waiting! I’ve been feeling pretty good which makes me nervous but definitely more tired, a little nausea and heightened sense of smell, and getting wild vivid dreams! 
  • Options
    Hello ladies,

Due date? 1/4? We still don't know original I was a December, Chrismas baby, then the DR told me Jan. Whichever it is just want a healthy child. 

How did you find out? I couldn't remember when my last PD was. Because I stopped tracking my PD. So one day I took a test and it came back positive. Looking back if my due date is right I found out at 4 weeks! First time for everything. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I am a full-time working mom and have 2 beautiful girls 7&3, so my hands are full. I love to hike and spend time with my family. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I think with this pregnancy I've had every symptom. I was Ice cold for one week, morning sickness for another, then 3 weeks of severe morning sickness and at week 9 I am starting to feel back to normal some days. I went to my DR 2 weeks ago thinking I was 8.5 weeks and then I measured at 7 weeks. So going back this week to make sure there is growth. So hopefully good news to come. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Welcome to the January 2022 BMB!
    Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! My name is Brandi and I live with my husband and our 2 year old son (and my two other sons, our golden retrievers) in Florida. Hubby is a firefighter and I’m a behavior analyst. We like all things water- beach, boat, pool lol 

Due date? January 24th-ish?

How did you find out? Took a few tests before my period/a day or two after it was supposed to start and they were negative- which is so weird because I got a positive so early with my son. Tested a couple days later and have had positives ever since (I went a little pee-stick crazy). We tried for one month. Again. We are very blessed but I was so shocked it happened so quickly again, my husband thinks it’s because of his self-proclaimed super sperm 🤦🏻‍♀️

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I did this above and I’m too lazy to copy and paste on my phone lol 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) just scheduled it for 6/14- so freaking far away but not in the grand scheme of things. This is the worst part of the pregnancy for me- I’m a ball of nerves, google everything and just need to see the dang heartbeat. Biggest symptom is I’m so so gassy, all the time. Lower back hurts and I’ve just been cranky. Excited to be a part of this board and get to know you guys! 
  • Options
    Nice to meet you @bhoop941!!! 
  • Options
    *lurking from Feb 22*
    Yay!!!  So happy to see you intro here!  :D