January 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @Lisa3379 So is mine! They told me it's basically like informational. She'll order my blood work and then schedule me for my first U/S... 
  • @laurabridget @firewife2021 that's so crazy! They don't want to do a dating ultrasound around then?? What info would they even have to give you at that point? Hopefully you guys can get an U/S soon after!
  • Loading the player...
  • @firewife2021 Interesting! I guess that's cool if you have some questions, but it kinda reminds me of the whole "have a meeting where an email would have sufficed" type of thing. I had a Telehealth appointment for an unrelated thing a couple weeks ago, and sure enough, it concluded with "we don't really know anything unless you come into the office". Yeah, figured that was coming  :D
  • @Lisa3379 Totally,  I'm assuming it's the "c" word related. I never had anything like that with my son. It was just first appointment with ultrasound. 
  • That’s what I said! Basically to confirm my due date, which I obviously did with a due date calculator off the web so I’m getting charged for nothing! 😫 My friend is an MA for and on ob/gyn and she said because of Covid they haven’t seen a lot of people till they’re 10-12 weeks and sometimes not even till 20 if you can get blood work and stuff done at a lab!
  • @justjenaya Welcome, so glad to see you here! What do you teach? I was a high school social studies teacher for 10 years before becoming a SAHM, I miss teaching so much! 
  • Welcome and congratulations @justjenaya! I am also a teacher. I've been teaching 4th grade all online this year and can't wait to get back to my regular classroom!
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Lisa3379
    I teach 9th grade ELAR. 
    I’m a girls soccer coach and I coach a city track team. I may have already said that but my memory doesn’t exist anymore!
  • @marijke1987 ❤️❤️❤️ Texas! Home is wherever the nearest H‑E‑B is. 
  • @havingafitz welcome! Fellow IVF-er here 👋 congrats! 
  • marijke1987marijke1987 member
    edited May 2021
    @justjenaya Lol! For sure! Spot on! 😄
  • Welcome @mfd19! I think we are due date twins :) 
  • mfd19mfd19 member
    Love it! Yes we are! :) Even funnier is my daughter was born on January 13th lol. A good sign I think! :)
  • Hello everyone!!
    Due Date based on LMP is January 16

Found out by being a few days late and taking a test

I have a son who is 2, two wiener dogs, just got a new job this week (eek not excited about breaking this news!!), and my spouse- tony. We just bought a house, so lots of changes and craziness happening at once, which I’m really nervous about. We were not expecting to get pregnant anytime soon (should not have trusted my Ovia App lol), but of course, it’s a blessing.

My boobs are sore. I feel tired and have headaches, but I also got sick from my son this past weekend, so I’m not sure if those symptoms are from that. I didn’t get sick with my first at all, so I’m curious to see if I will with this one. Super lucky!!

Nice to meet everyone and ride this out together. Here we go!
  • Hi knottie! Glad to see you here. It helps if you come up with a unique handle so we can recognize you and get to know you better. I'm pretty sure you need to do it through The Knot, not The Bump. :) 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! Excited to be here! I’ve changed my username, but I was part of the April 18 BMB and made the move with them over to fb. That BMB had the most amazing group of women! They helped me so much though those sleepless newborn days especially, so I’m hoping to get that experience again this time around! 

Due date? January 17 

How did you find out? I had a feeling so I took a test and it was positive. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have a son who recently turned 3. MH is an accountant and I teach third grade. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    feeling great, but also super nervous. I’m finally getting into the routine of having one child and we’re changing it up by throwing another one into the mix! My first appointment is a phone appointment with the nurse June 15. I think that puts me around 9 weeks? And then my first US and appointment with my OB will be around 10-11 weeks. It’s not scheduled yet. The timing wasn’t like this with my first. 

• angiemac9angiemac9 member
    edited May 2021
    @Lisa3379 Why is this app so confusing?? Lol thank you! I’ll figure it out :p
  • @Limes030 Welcome! I feel you on the age thing and sleepless nights - I'll be almost 40 when this kid is born, and the thought of sleepless nights again is less than exciting  :D
  • Thanks @Lisa3379 💕 I'm wondering if I'll try for a third and I'll be 40 then.. eek. I know people do it, but I'll have to find the extra source of energy!
  • Lisa3379Lisa3379 member
    edited May 2021
  • @Knottie1428519564 due date twin! 

Thinking of you and your nerves, and sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. 

PS...you may want to change your user name to something other than knottie... it makes it easier to converse!
  • hjk5055hjk5055 member
    @dani_0921 I did. Hmmmm maybe an app glitch. Just heard back from OB. I’ll have my first ultrasound at 6 weeks! Trying to keep busy and not obsess over all the bad things. 
  • @Knottie1428519564 Did you try to change your handle through The Knot? For some reason, that's the only way it works. It should carry over here. 
  • Hi
    My name is Rachel. Due date is January 19th. I have one DD 5. We have been dealing with secondary infertility for 3 years. Completed IVF - we got a positive after our first FET. 
  • hjk5055hjk5055 member
    @Lisa3379 I just checked the knot and my Handle is changed. I’m not sure why it isn’t carrying over?? 
  • @Knottie1428519564 When i changed mine, I did it through the app. I am mobile. I went to the top right where my profile picture is. Tapped "edit my profile" thanks changed my username 
  • Maybe try logging out and in again??
  • hjk5055hjk5055 member
    @firewife2021 I have tried everything. In the app and on the knot. Just logged out to see if that would work. 
  • hjk5055hjk5055 member
    @pajamstagrams you are a genius! Thank you! 
  • heatherv89heatherv89 member
    edited May 2021
    Hello everyone 👋

Due date:  based of lmp January 18

How did you find out? Home test Friday confirmed again this morning even though I am definitely starting to feel symptoms.

Tell us about yourself: this will be baby 4 for us 3rd pregnancy. Feeling like I am Little crazy to go for a fourth 🤣 haven't told my husband yet because he's been away working and I am trying to think of a cute idea to tell him when he comes home.

How are you feeling. anxious all my pregnancies I've had horriable first trimester miscarriage anxiety and I was hoping the third time will be better other than that little nausea no vomiting yet. Boobs are sore and a symptom I never had before is headaches and dizziness drinking plenty of water. I see my Dr in two weeks when I'll be 7 weeks so just gotta stay calm till than.
  • comtessedeclecomtessedecle member
    edited May 2021
    HiLadies!
    Lola--mom of 2, step mom of 4, and bad ass lady lawyer
    January 21, 2022
    TTC for a while.  On my second IUI so watching my cycle like a hawk.  BFP 15 days dpo!
    Very interested in tracking workouts with my fellow fit mamas and stressors with my fellow professional mamas.
    Also, I'm old! Just turned 37 in March so would love to talk to the gray hairs of the group too!
    So far feeling good! No symptoms so far *knock wood*