January 2022 Moms
Options

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats @blackhottamales and welcome!  I’m similar - started with a super low beta HCG and definitely a sore bum from nightly injections.  So exciting you saw the heartbeat.  
  • Options
    @blackhottamales Welcome!! So wonderful you are here despite a slow start!! Beta hell is...well, hell. Ha. And yes to the sore/bruised PIO bum. I will not be sad to leave those behind. 
  • Options
    Welcome @sjtex90! There are a couple of us here in the Bay Area, so welcome in that regard, too 🙂 
  • Options
    Welcome @sjtex90 ! As @Lisa3379 said there’s a few of us in the Bay Area.  I’m one of them and also a first time mom!  We moved here from Brooklyn in 2019.  I love it here!  (But also miss Brooklyn a ton)! 
  • Options
    @bhoop941 -yessss on the super sperm!!!!- same story for us. We are so blessed to only need to try one month.. both pregnancies 😂. (It runs in my family apparently.) But I thought since I'm 38 now I'd have more trouble! Nope.. so much for thinking I'd have more time before this pregnancy.. 
  • Options
    @nik012 I would love to hear how you are SAHM and have a farm and cattle! (I should read these intros more often 😂) Sounds like one of my dreams that I wouldn't be capable of achieving.. is the farm your husband's full time job? I have a 17 month old too 💕
  • Options
    @Limes030 My mom had me when she was 38 and got pregnant on the first try. She thought she would have trouble since my brother was 7 at that point. Nope! 

DH’s parents also got pregnant very quickly with him too. 
  • Options
    @ThePax89 Welcome! I know how you're feeling - I had 2 losses in 2020. Just take it day by day :) Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • Options
    mfd19mfd19 member
    @ThePax89 I have also had RPL so I am right there with you. Fingers crossed we all see our rainbows at the end of this journey <3
  • Options
    @mfd19 and @Lisa3379 Hope we all get our beautiful rainbows. 
  • Options
    owly13owly13 member
    Hi everyone, I'm Melissa - first time mom here.  I've been lurking for the past 13 weeks(!!!) and it's nice to meet everyone!

Due date? 
    January 6th

How did you find out? 
    I peed on a stick 2 days before my period was due and voila!  Of course I had to take another test the next day...and then one a week later, just to be sure.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    My husband and I got married last year and we both work in the same career field for the government.  Before pregnancy, I loved to dirt bike riding.  We hike a lot and spend as much time as we can outdoors.  I also love eating out and trying new restaurants.  We're an older couple and neither of us have kids from a previous relationship, so this is a first for both of us!  We don't have any pets yet, but we really want to get a dog.  

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    I recently did my NIPT and nuchal translucency ultrasound as well as 12 week checkup.  I had moderate morning sickness (without puking) from weeks 6/7-10, with the 10th week being the absolute worst.  Oh, and NO ONE ever tells you how much gas you'll have in those first few weeks!  Emotionally, I was great up until last week or so, now I get irritable easily and feel like I have a constant case of PMS.  Fun times!
  • Options
    @owly13 Welcome! I was pretty sick without puking myself from weeks 5-9 but ohmygod the gas and constipation. 
  • Options
    Due date?
    -LMP gives due date of January 9th

How did you find out?
    -We were using LH testing and took a pregnancy test 2 wks after ovulation that was positive.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    -I am a pediatric hematology/ oncology nurse. This is my first biological child, my husband has a 17 yr old daughter from his first marriage. In my free time I love sailing and baking.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    -I was quite nauseated from weeks 6-11 but got lucky and was only sick a couple of times. I am high risk so I joke that my body took it easy on me for the first trimester since the third is likely to be extra rough. Mostly just crying at things that wouldn't normally make me cry.
  • Options
    owly13owly13 member
    fifilala516 Thank you!  So happy I'm not the only one, but hope you're feeling better!
  • Options
    claire54321claire54321 member
    edited July 2021
    Hi! A little late to the game but here we go! 

Due date: 1/11/22

How did you find out: took a few tests because I was feeling very tired and naseaus in the mornings

Tell us about yourself: we have a 21 month old wild child who keeps us very busy!  I work part time as a pediatric occupational therapist in home health with kiddos birth to age 3 through early intervention. My husband is a chemical engineer.  We are high school sweethearts and have been married for almost 6 years now.  We love to be outside, go on walks with our dog, visit family, and binge tv shows.

How are you feeling: finally starting to relax- it's been a crazy few weeks but baby is looking healthy and I am finally getting a little more energy back!  We told our parents over the 4th and plan to tell the rest of our family and close friends soon! 
  • Options
    Hello from NJ!

Due date? January 6th 

How did you find out? I was a few days late so I took a test. I was fully expecting it to be negative but wanted to drink some wine that night, so I took the test.  I was in shock when I got an immediate positive! 

I have two boys ages 8 and 4 and two cats.  I  teach kindergarten in a public school.  I love to cook, going to the beach, and hanging out with my family. I've been married to my husband for 14 years on 7/27. I'm going to guess that I am the oldest in the group at age 41, which is part of the reason why it was such a shock! 

I've had a few ultrasounds and the baby is looking great! I got the results of the MaterniT21 test the other day and was relieved to hear that the results are negative. (I was super nervous about it, given my age) We're not going to find out the sex, which they could have told me too.  I was very nauseous the first 12 weeks or so but I've been feeling better lately. I'm still very tired though and my anxiety has been pretty bad.  I hope the further along I get the less anxious I feel. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome @GracieL79!!  I’ll be 41 in September so you’re only slightly older than me!  Congrats on the test results! 
  • Options
    amaycamayc member
    edited July 2021
    Due date? January 31st

How did you find out? DH and I had been trying for almost a year to get pregnant so I was tracking my period hard.  The first day I was able to take a test, I did.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?).  Our daughter Evelyn is 4.5 years old (she will be 5 when the baby is born).  We have one dog and one cat.  I'm 36 and DH is 35.  I am a Volunteer Manager at a hospital and he owns his own company, which keeps him pretty busy.  We like to have cookouts with friends and spend as much time outside as possible.  If I could, I would spend every free moment reading in my hammock or at the sitting on the beach.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I have my 12 week appointment tomorrow.  The nausea hasn't been that bad this pregnancy (it was REALLY bad with DD) but the round ligament pain has been so crazy.  I don't even remember getting this with DD but now it's a few times a day I'm doubled over (especially if I move suddenly or sneeze). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    relizabethprelizabethp member
    edited July 2021
    @amayc Sneezing is the worst-i always brace for the pain! 

• Options
    Due date: January 19

How did you find out? We had been trying for 10 months, so I took a test right before the brunch we planned for Mother’s Day (a day before my expected period). Very faint line, just over three weeks. 

Tell us about yourself.  We had planned our wedding for April 2020. That got cancelled due to Covid. The July date did too. We got married in the backyard in November 2020. We are in our late thirties and this is our first marriage and child. We have my 13 year old ornery cat. I am a principal. We feel blessed to have been able to get pregnant… and pushed our “big” wedding back to June 2020 lol. 

How are you feeling?  I didn’t become active on here until after all the first screenings came back showing the baby is healthy. Having a geriatric pregnancy brings a whole set of worries I wasn’t expecting. Had some morning sickness but switched my diet to eat every 2-3 hours and that maintained it. Just finished the first trimester and feeling energized and less need to eat often. Overall, not complaining!
  • Options
    Hey Knottie! Welcome! I’m also a geriatric pregnant lady (what a horrible term, haha!) so I get your concerns for sure, but glad to hear your tests have come back as good news. Do you mind changing your name to something more recognizable? It makes it easier to get to know you. You have to do it through The Knot, I think. 🙂
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yes!  I tried changing my name as soon as I noticed the automatic name it generated.  I’ll mess with it some more to see if I can get it fixed. 
  • Options
    firewife_911firewife_911 member
    edited July 2021
    Hi! New to TB here, my name is Dani & I am 24 & this is my first baby! Unexpected but a blessing either way!♥️
    (I have tried to change this username & It won’t change so please ignore this ridiculous username LOL)

Due date? January 14th 

How did you find out?  I was 2 days late with my period, and I am never ever late, only early. So I went to CVS got 2 boxes of tests & what do you know, the Darkest lines i’ve ever seen. Thankfully my Fiancé is a Firefighter/Paramedic in town, I raced to the fire station, told him we need to talk & we had a moment outside together. I wish I told him in a cute way, but I couldn’t wait. Plus I was freaking out!!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have 1 fur baby dog named Fiona. My fiancé who I have been with for 2 years, Ray (our history is many many years long). I am a 911 dispatcher. I like photography (not a professional just a hobby), Paddleboading, & breakfast dates 🥰

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) My whole first trimester was a breeze. I only had super exhaustion, & minor waves of nausea. Not morning sickness. Second trimester is a new world for me. I feel so ditsy, I am super clumsy (I went to the ER after a fall now i’m in a boot!) my migraines or horrible, and my mood is all over the place. I am so emotional it’s annoying actually lol. My first appointment was at 12 weeks or so I thought I was, turns out I was actually 13 almost 14. I got blood work done for well the routine stuff & I also opted for the genetic screening for chromosomal abnormalities & hopefully the gender! Nothing is really back yet on that front. Besides that I am having a healthy pregnancy so far. 
  • Options
    Hey knottie, congrats and welcome! Thanks for trying to change your name - everyone has a hard time doing that the first time. If you go to The Knot and change it there, it seems to work out ok. It just makes it easier to recognize you and get to know you 🙂
  • Options
    Welcome @lizzie_30! That's crazy that you didn't find out until week 11! Keeping my fingers crossed for your NIPT results, and looking forward to getting to know you!
  • Options
    Thanks @Lisa3379 my husband and I were both shocked, but here we are.  I literally had no symptoms besides feeling tired but I thought it was from my COVID shot until I didn't get a period.  My son is 9 and step-daughter is 14 so this is going to be a huge age gap.  They were both really excited though and have been helping me a lot so it's really sweet.  I had already been on an extremely health diet due to my kidneys so at least I know that I was treating my body good even though I didn't know I was pregnant.
  • Options
    Due date?  01/31/22 (although the ob literally just said between then and feb 3rd. So ill be on both boards 😁)

How did you find out? Had one test at home, not sure why. But I didn't believe it so got two more boxes and they all came back positive! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Hair Stylist! Practically live at Disenyworld ❤❤❤ Been together with spouse 8 years and this is our first 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) First trimester I was lucky and only had 3 incidents of morning sickness. 2nd trimester is bringing on the hunger pains like no tomorrow 🥲
  • Options
    Hey everyone!!! It's so good to see such a huge cohort of mamas to be. I'm super excited to learn more of your stories and be involved in the community!!

Introduce yourself: 

I'm Teja, 29yrs old, momma to be with our first child. One quirk you notice about me first is my height.
    I'm 5ft 10inc. yep wow yes  :o

Due date? 
    Currently I'm given Jan 20th as my due date. yet to know the gender. I've my scan on the 26th-Aug. I'm super nervous and excited at the same time.

How did you find out? 
    We started planning start of this year(2021) and I was super excited as my next menstrual date was approaching in May 20th. So I've been testing and testing and testing... a week before and there the stick turned "Pregnant" on May 19th 7.05 am. I was super gassy and my breasts hurt like hell the week before, I never felt that way and I thought that was the cue and I was super duper excited for the stick to turn. Although the first test was disappointing but the second one was exciting, confusing(because I was waiting n waiting for the stick to turn BUTTTT I don't know what in the world to do after the stick turns)...

No other children/pets.
    I'm an engineer and so comes the stress along.  :* (I'm just trying to inhale n exhale)  B)
    My spouse is Pranav(yep also an engineer) and we have been married for 2+ yrs now. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    Primary Symptoms I faced were nausea, mild headache, excessive gassiness and OMG I can't tell you how terrible was my breast tenderness. 
    Emotionally it's a roller coaster , I feel happy suddenly, start crying unnecessarily, moody mostly. So that's how my mood train has been going.

I really would love to know you folks more, catch up and make some great friends through this community.
  • Options
    Welcome @teja_teja! Looking forward to getting to know you - feel free to jump in to the other threads and post! 🙂
  • Options
    @teja_teja - welcome!!! My due date is January 20th as well!