October 2021 Moms

*TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

While scanning through previous BMB’s, I found this thread and felt it is a much-needed addition to ours. I don’t in any way take credit for this idea; I’m only trying to establish a safe place in our BMB where this topic can be freely discussed and women can give and receive support.
Below is what was originally posted as a description: 

“This thread is to support anyone experiencing spotting and/or bleeding.

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support. The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support.”

Re: *TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

• edited February 2021
    Looks like I'm going to be taking an early leave from the group. Beta results were only 18 today @ 13dpo. Re wants to repeat in a week but I'm not confident. Definitely didn't expect a chemical while on progesterone but here we are.

Wishing everyone else nothing but a h&h 9m!
  • @cait32 yea, I'd be 4wks tomorrow and it is within the normal range. But the only other time I've had numbers this low (in the 3 pregnancies that were tracked this early) was my chemical. t's hard for me to see this going anyway other way for me, even though it is possible. The limbo is by far the most difficult part.
  • Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly I’m sorry girl, thinking of you and hoping for good results! I’m so sorry you’re in limbo 
  • @prpl11butterfly I hope it turns around for you. The being in limbo part is super hard and I hope you get positive answers next week.
  • @prpl11butterfly I really hope it turns out well for you! Seems like the october group has had a lot of loss in the past and I think this group is due for some wins.  

I am very scared today. I had some pink spotting for a less than a day in week 4.  Now at 5w 4ds and last night I had some pink/ red spotting when I wiped and noticed I had some darker red spots but still small.  Pink and brown on and off all day today. I am really trying not to freak out. I know spotting can be normal in the first trimester. I had some serious bleeding in my first pregnancy later in the first trimester, it was a subchorionic hematoma and the rest of the pregnancy was normal. 

I expect my dr will not do much since it’s early on but I am still eager to call. 
  • @tingsmom I’m so sorry you’re going through that. I had spotting with all of my pregnancies (which I know has no bearing on yours, just hoping to offer some hope/reassurance) and my ob said it was totally normal. I’ll be thinking about you!
  • @heatherdubrow thank you for your message. It did make me feel better so did reading the posts on this same thread for the September moms. 

Update: I have continued this on and off bleeding all weekend and still have it today. Dr did a physical exam and said my cervix was closed and everything was the right size for where I would be. 

They took my blood work for hcg levels and I will go back again on Wednesday for another count unless my levels are high enough for an US.   She said even if it’s low I would still need to continue to come in until it’s 0. I had a retained placenta during my first pregnancy so I am higher risk for that happening again. 

Also got a shot today, because I am O negative. 

Staying with the positive she said 1 in 3 pregnancies have bleeding like this. So I am going to stay hopeful that I will get a call tomorrow to schedule an US and see this baby 3 weeks earlier than expected. 
  • Prayers for you ladies @prpl11butterfly and @tingsmom! The waiting is so hard and I hope for positive outcomes for you both! I had a couple spotting episodes with my 5mo son and I was a mess since I’d had spotting with 2 of my losses but thankfully it was ok that time! Also my first HCG with my son was 22....I was about 3.5-4 weeks then and I was worried but my RE had assured me it was perfectly normal for that early. The biggest thing with hcg is how they rise not the actual number! This time they started much higher so it seems each pregnancy can be different!
  • @tingsmom that sounds like hopeful news! I’ll be thinking about you!
  • tingsmomtingsmom member
    edited February 2021
    @heatherdubrow and @momofmiracles31889 thank you for your kind words, prayers and thoughts. 

I am getting an US tomorrow, HCG came in at 26k, really hoping for more good news tomorrow. 
  • @tingsmom oh my I am so sorry you had to go through that as I know how terrifying seeing blood while pregnant is! So glad you got good news though! Prayers for continued good results and for the SCH to resolve! 
  • @tingsmom I’m very happy for you that you got good news after last night. I’m so glad that you had your US scheduled for today after hearing what you just went through! Congratulations.
  • @tingsmom I’m so glad that everything is okay with baby! Thank you Lord! Praying for you girly ❤️
  • @tingsmom I'm so happy to hear this news! Hopefully its smooth sailing from here for you.
  • @tingsmom so happy to read this!
  • @tingsmom this is such amazing news!
  • @tingsmom very happy to hear this!! 
  • @tingsmom, that’s wonderful news! Hopefully I can follow in your pattern! 

I just Introduced myself and had this info there, but wanted to put it here too... 

I had a gut feeling that I was pregnant about 6 days before AF was going to arrive. Took a test 3 days later and got a faint positive. That evening I started having some pretty heavy spotting. The next day had heavier bleeding off and on. Took a pregnancy test that night and it was a for sure, dark positive. I was *sure* I was miscarrying, but the bleeding only was off and on for two days... I felt pretty uneasy either way, so made an appointment for blood work. Went in for two round of blood tests last week and my HCG doubled, but the numbers are on low end of normal, although the nurse said that they are still totally fine. I have a viability scan on Tuesday. After reading some of the other HCG numbers women have, I have no clue how mine are normal. I went from 185 to 363 in two days. So “technically ” it doubled... 

I’m beyond anxious. I have been pregnant 4 other times- 3 daughters and 1 loss (I found Out at 11 weeks that the baby had passed at 8 weeks). The only other pregnancy that I’ve had bleeding during was my loss, so I’m a wreck. 

The waiting game is the worst. But not only that, with my previous loss, I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks after bleeding and baby was totally fine, we heard the heartbeat and everything. Then 4 weeks later we found out that the baby was gone. I really Am afraid of going through that again! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OneRainDrop welcome and good luck at your US.  I hope it is good news for you next week. I will be thinking of you! 
  • @tingsmom, thank you! I will Update next week for sure!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m kind of freakin out 🥺 I am 8 weeks today and I’ve been extremely nauseous for almost three weeks on top of other symptoms. The last two days I haven’t been as nauseous and have been able to manage better, but last night when I went pee I had bright red blood. None in the toilet, just when I wiped and nothing through the night or on a pad. I’ve been queasy today but for the most part ok. No bleeding through the day until just recently went to the bathroom and had dark old blood when I wiped but not a lot. Just like if you were getting off your period. Now I’m a bit crampy. About 7 days ago my HCG was 175k. I’m thinking I’m starting to miscarry. It didn’t start like this tho when I miscarried last August. I’ll the call the doc Monday but I’m sure they won’t do anything. My ultrasound is scheduled for March 1. This sucks. 

Btw, I changed my screen name from Stephaniewagner. 
  • @steph-ann thinking of you. I home your bleeding is from some other cause. 
  • @steph-ann my heart goes out to you. they might do an US to see what its happening. In my first pregnancy I had something similar around that time, turned out to be an SCH. I know that my pregnancy is not representative of yours but I want to give you other possibilities than where your mind likely is now. 

Wishing you well! 
  • @steph-ann, I’m so sorry your dealing with added stress. It’s so hard to know what’s ok and what’s not. For me- I’ve had bleeding in pregnancy that is ok, and then another time it wasn’t. I would definitely call and see if you can get in to have an US done on Monday, just to see what’s going on. Sending prayers your way! The waiting and wondering is the worst! 😔
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi all, I'm lurking from the not-yet-started November club (I'll actually deliver in October if everything goes well, so sort of in between month groups.) I echo what everyone has said that one person's pregnancy can't really tell you anything good or bad about your own, but in case it helps anyone feel more peaceful while worrying about spotting, I had intermittent bleeding for weeks with my previous pregnancy (second trimester too, which is usually a bad outcome). I even went to the ER and although they found a heartbeat they sent me home with discharge papers saying I was miscarrying.

They were wrong though, she was born perfectly healthy at 39 weeks. I know the not-knowing is so hard but pregnancy bleeding really is one of those things were it could be the worst news or nothing at all, and only time and ultrasounds can really tell. I'm sure that's small comfort but maybe some comfort is better than none. 

Wishing you all good news and peace to anyone who does unfortunately receive bad news. 
  • @steph-ann I hope that all goes well and it isn’t bad news for you. I completely understand how frustrating it is to wait. I had 5 days of bleeding in week 3-4 of this pregnancy and so far things are ok. My doctor was sure I was miscarrying but saw the betas go up and up. 
    Now I’m scheduled for an ultrasound at an imaging center because my OB wanted to do something more comprehensive than a bedside one. It’ll be this week but the US at the doctors office was supposed to be last Thursday.
    Have to wait until later this week.
    hopefully the time for your ultrasound goes by quickly and you can focus on the present. You’ll be in my thoughts.
  • @steph-ann thinking of you! I’ll echo that spotting can be normal and I hope you get answers soon!
  • Thank you ladies for all the support and sharing your experiences. It really does help being able to talk with other mamas going through the same thing, or have in the past. Although bleeding is not wished upon anyone and I’m sorry so many have to deal with this in pregnancy. I really hope the doc gets me in tomorrow. No more bleeding to report, so that’s good!

@maebyemby I’m so sorry that happened to you, but sooo glad they were wrong. That must have been really hard to go through. 

@lyndsayem35 I hope your US goes well this week. Keep us posted. 
  • @OneRainDrop and @steph-ann so sorry you are both dealing with the stress of waiting to see how your little babies are doing! Spotting, waiting, PGAL, etc are so hard! As you both know things can always go either way but try to stay hopeful unless told otherwise bc I know for me i was just a wreck when I’d convince myself something was definitely wrong! I had spotting with 2/3 losses but ALSO with my perfectly healthy 5 month old son! I spotted around 8 and 10 weeks with him I think? My doctor actually said it was sometimes caused by the placenta implanting :) also my hcg with my living son was so low in the beginning and the RE said it was totally fine, most important thing is doubling! And I’ve had cramping with all of my pregnancies 🤷🏻‍♀️ So again I know it doesn’t guarantee anything but hang in there and prayers for peace for you ladies! 

Also @lyndsayem35 so sorry you still are waiting on your ultrasound!! Hang in there and prayers for peace for you as well! 
  • Thank you for the words of encouragement,  @momofmiracles31889! Tuesday cannot come any sooner. I started spotting again today after not having any spotting for almost 2 weeks. I was hoping I was done with that lovely symptom. My lower back is beyond achy, I’ve been lying down with a heating pad all day. It’s hard to make time pass when your couch bound. 😣
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OneRainDrop can you find a show to binge watch? That helps pass the time for me!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04, yes and no. I have three other kiddos, so cannot really watch what I want to. Once they go to bed, I can watch whatever, which is nice! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OneRainDrop I am so sorry! Hoping all is well and the spotting stops. Will be thinking about you tomorrow. 
  • @OneRainDrop happy ultrasound day! ❤️ Thinking of you!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Ok ladies! Home from my appointment. The US tech wouldn’t say much. Baby was measuring 6w1d, so only 4 days behind what I thought, which is good. The amazing news: I got to see/hear the heartbeat! That being said- this isn’t my first rodeo... the gestational sac definitely didn’t look normal. It was pretty oblong. Could be fine... The tech also wouldn’t tell me if I had a subchorionic hematoma or not, or what would explain the bleeding. Seems like a weird thing to not tell me. She just seemed like she didn’t want to say a lot. I’ve had other techs give me more info. So NOW I get to play the waiting game. The wouldn’t let me talk to a nurse or my doctor while I was there and said I have To wait for a call in the next day or two. I feel like that’s borderline torture to not follow an ultrasound up with actual information! I know I should feel better, but I have so many unknowns still. And why, oh why, is my lower back (now radiating into my legs) in SO. MUCH. PAIN?! 😫 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OneRainDrop yay for little baby and heartbeat!! Prayers that you can get more definitive good news soon and for your little baby to keep growing! I am so sorry they are making you wait like this. My first 2 losses were with a regular OB (and my ultrasound experiences were terrible) but then for my 3rd loss, my DS and this baby so far I’ve been with a RE and it is SUCH a difference! I always have atleast an NP doing my ultrasounds and they talk to me through them and explain good or bad. Those techs aren’t allowed to say anything and some of them take that more seriously than others. But still I’m so sorry you are having to wait I just think it’s awful and that all women should get better care during this really emotional time! Also if it makes you feel any better I have low back pain in all my pregnancies from like day 1 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was so anxious about it with DS bc of my previous losses but thankfully this time know not to be. Hang in there!!