April 2021 Moms
Options

Random Thread

Re: Random Thread

• Options
    @theblondebump oh I'm so sorry! Sciatica is the worst, so painful! I hope you get some relief soon
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited January 2021
    @Serenamarr we bought a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica! I’ve wanted a van for a while now so I’m super excited. We were going to go for a ride last night once DH got home but it was already dark because it took longer than we anticipated. So we’ll take the girls for a ride today - they’re so excited!! What kind of SUV did you get? We had an Edge that we loved but it just wasn’t going to fit three car seats!

@theblondebump I’m glad you’re feeling some relief! Sciatica can really be unbearable. I’ve had all sorts of nerve pain this pregnancy (first in my leg, now also sciatic) and it makes it so hard to get around when it’s acting up. I’m sorry you have it to such an extent! 😕
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    waaaay late to this thread-but would be so happy with a fb migration! Hence me being late to this post- the holiday craziness and bump never loading right on my phone makes it so tough to keep up and comment on threads! My Nov 18 group moved 2ish months before, 2.5? 
  • Options
    Oof I too had bad sciatica entering my third trimester with DD1.  A lot of it was due to bad form while exercising.  Child's pose and cat/cow helped.  I also got tons of rest when I could.  After sprinting across LAX to catch a flight I got it so bad that I had to use the electric cart at the supermarket.  It would beep really loudly every time I went in reverse, pretty embarrassing. Apparently belly bands help with sciatica? I know my insurance covers them so it doesn't hurt to check them out.  @runsoncoffee @Serenamarr @theblondebump

• Options
    @aguamala yes! My midwife did recommend a belly band. Its unfortunate I had bought one with my first pregnancy and gave it to a friend to borrow and never got it back 😭 if mine comes back again I will probably buy another. Oh! And you can wrap your belly with a ring sling if you have one! I forgot about that. It helps to take some pressure off.
  • Options
    @bblair24 we got a Buick Enclave! It’s so much car lol 
  • Options
    @aguamala @runsoncoffee yes I think I need to order a belly band. Any recommendations? The muscle relaxer my ob prescribed is helping a little, and I have to start PT. I also have an appointment for acupuncture, which I’m hoping will help! My ob said I can take a one time dose of ibuprofen or if I’m still not feeling relief, next plan of action would be admitting me into the hospital with meds via IV which seems extreme and id like to avoid haha. Although at this point I’m going to hit the OOP max for my insurance this year so maybe I should just take advantage of it? 🤔🤣
  • Options
    @theblondebump, when DS1 parked himself on my sciatic nerve, I found the most relief from "Shower Baths", with a massaging shower head. Because it's  shower, you can set the water hotter, as the bath slowly fills, it cools down to a safe temp. I aimed the shower head so the massager hit my lower back, and then the heat of the bath water to relax me.

Also, a body pillow at my back, one between my knees, and something under my tummy helped with support big time. And, cat cows, for a while. Then they got painful. 
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang thanks for the tips! We have a separate shower and bath tub so I can’t exactly do the shower baths, but I have been taking LOTS of baths and the combo of the Epsom salts and the jets on my back and feet have felt great 😊 I use a thermometer to make the water as hot as possible without being unsafe (my doctor said I can go up to 100 degrees). I also started using a Queen Rose pregnancy pillow this week which has helped me sleep much more comfortably! Still always uncomfortable when sitting though. Can’t find a way to be comfortable on the couch other than completely laying on my side, and sitting at the dinning table or the kitchen island are both uncomfortable :( 
  • Options
    @theblondebump I took ibuprofen also when I had my flair. It reallyyyy helped I think. I took it before bed so I could actually sleep. I need to look at the online notes from my last appt to see what the specific kind of band was to get. My old one was just from motherhood maternity but there may be better options. I was reading up on both acupuncture and chiropractor for sciatica and had been considering both... it sounds like they are often helpful so I hope it helps you!!! 
  • Options
    Bamboobies has 40% off nursing apparel right now. I just got two nursing bras and nipple balm for a little over $40!
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 how stressful!! I hope you are able to rest a lot today and it doesn't happen anymore until baby is fully cooked!
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 oh man, how nerve-wracking! I'm sorry you had that happen. I hope you can get lots of rest today and that everything stays calm.  <3
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 oh man, it’s totally understandable for that to be on your brain today. I hope rest and water are all you need to keep that baby cooking. 
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 good luck! I hope rest helps!
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 I hope the rest and water help! FX for you and baby <3
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 Goodness, that is stressful! I hope the relaxing, the water is helping and your mind is better at ease.  <3
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 FX it’s as boring as everrr :) 
  • Options
    DH to me at night: I don't see how you can stand to sleep under all the covers, it gets too hot for that

DH every morning: wakes up wrapped burrito-style in everything while I'm fighting to keep a corner of the blanket on my shoulder. 

Come on, man!  :D
  • Options
    Anyone else? 🤣
  • Options
    @bblair24 We have two separate twin sized comforters on our king bed for this reason  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd that’s so smart! 😂 I actually really want a king bed. He’s not the easiest to share a bed with. Maybe when we upgrade to a king sized bed we’ll use two twin comforters, haha!
  • Options
    @bblair24, Once you get one, you'll wonder how you survived without it. SO had never had a king bed before mine... Which I slept in gloriously alone for years (He's the only guy I've let spend the night, ever... Single mom thing). After about a week of sharing it with me, he was like, this is awesome.

I honestly don't know if I could handle sleeping with him in a Queen. He's a total thrasher. 
  • Options
    We actually have a California King, which is slightly narrower and longer than a typical king.  My husband likes it because he is tall and it also just fits the shape of our bedroom better, but it's annoying to buy sheets.  Once you sleep in a king it's pretty hard to go back to something smaller.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We’ve had king beds in hotel rooms before and I’m always sad to leave them! Our bed is super comfortable. I just don’t enjoy being super close to anyone at the moment and I can only get so far away from him in our queen sized bed 😜
  • Options
    We bought ours at IKEA, so it's a Euro Super King, I think? We can use King sheets, but we need Cal King top bedding and looking is a PAIN. 
  • Options
    We upgraded to a King bed last fall I think, and we will definitely never go back. Our bed is so comfortable, and completely necessary bc DH usually ends up in the middle *extreme eyeroll*. We have two blankets on our bed as well lol...one nice King size duvet and a thinner blanket for me. DH likes to be burritoed in all weather and I get too hot, especially now. 

Has anyone picked out their going home outfit yet? Pink blush has a 30% off sale today so I am thinking about getting a few dresses. I think I might also get a really soft set of PJs from Target to take too, because you never know, right?
  • Options
    When DH and I first started dating in NYC, he had a FULL size bed. We now sleep in a king and always find it too small haha, we always talk about how on earth did we ever sleep in a full together?!?! But that was the beginning when we just wanted to snuggle all the time. Now we do our perineal massages and return to our separate sides of the bed 😂😂😂
  • Options
    @theblondebump how’s it going with the sciatica? What have you found to be the most helpful? Mine went from being mildly annoying to full-on debilitating 😭 I’ve been hobbling around all weekend (when I can actually get up) and can’t find a good position to sit in. I’m going to call my OB tomorrow to see what they recommend. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I’m really late to this but @bblair24 and @theblondebump I was having sciatica really bad about 4-6 weeks ago and my ob told me to use the belly band, I was really skeptical for some reason that would help but it really did!! Luckily it eased up! I couldn’t even sit on the toilet or stand up without thinking I was dying off! It didn’t even seem to take long to notice results for me! I’m 30 weeks now and luckily haven’t had it return yet! 
  • Options
    I totally just ate pickles and ice cream.
  • Options
    @bblair24 thank you for asking! It took about a week to subside - I took a very warm (but not hot) bath nearly every day with the jets on, used my heating pad, and I went back to using a pregnancy pillow for sleep (highly recommend the queen rose). I used a combination of extra strength Tylenol and flexiril (muscle relaxers) that my doctor prescribed, which helped me sleep. Speaking of sleep, I read that a firmer mattress was good for sciatica so all last week, I slept on the daybed in a spare bedroom which has a very firm mattress. The first night, DH slept in our bed so we were in separate rooms on separate floors and it was weird so after the first night, DH moved to the spare bedroom with me - the daybed has a trundle bed and so we both slept on separate twin mattresses in the same room. It was kind of hilarious but I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t hate it! Haha. But anyway, the combination of all of those things helped and I also did some stretches and tried to walk .25 or .5 miles every day (that was really as much as I could handle because I was in a lot of pain but moving seemed to help a little!). 

I’ve also been navigating the whole gestational diabetes thing this past week, which has been very interesting! 

Then, most recently, I apparently have either diastasis recti or an umbilical hernia. I thought that my belly button was just turning into an outie since my belly is getting quite large, but then it disappeared for a day or two and reappeared when I was packing away Christmas decorations, soooo yeah. I chatted with my doctor on the phone today, but we’ll see what she has to say at my appointment on Tuesday. But anyway, I’m not sure if a belly band will be uncomfortable on my belly because of this interesting protrusion, but I’m willing to try if it will help my sciatica! What kind did you get @grilledcheeezin? Your sciatica sounds like what I was experiencing last week! 
  • Options
    @Serenamarr oh man, that really stinks!! Moving is such a drain. I would absolutely hate knowing I had to do it again in six months! Hopefully once you move again, that will be it for a long time!
  • Options
    @theblondebump I'm glad the sciatica has calmed down and you're more comfortable! I hope it doesn't come back! How has the GD been going?

@sernamarr UGH, that really stinks! Moving is the worst, and its made even worse that you just survived a move and to have another one hanging over your head. Does SoCal mean that you will be further from your MIL?
  • Options
    @grilledcheeezin, yes I’ve had moments where I had to call for DH to get me up because I honestly couldn’t move. The worst was on Friday - I was organizing our coat closet and sat on the floor to go through what was down there. I was afraid to go to the bathroom yesterday when I was home by myself because I didn’t want to get stuck on the toilet! I’ll be calling my OB shortly - it’ll be interesting to see if they recommend the belly band!

Thanks for the tips, @theblondebump
  • Options
    @bblair24 @theblondebump I feel for you ladies! I am either having sciatica or symphysis pubis dysfunction (according to Dr. Google) I’ve had worsening pain in my left hip, butt, leg, back and the other day I went to step into the shower and felt a pop and an intense pain in my pelvis. I called the doctor and he thinks I pulled something but I cannot walk without it hurting! I’ve also been using the belly band and have been putting ice on my pelvis. My pubic bone is so sore like I’ve been riding a bike or something. I can’t take baths because of my cerclage but I’ve been taking hotter showers. Do you find heat works better than ice?

I am in full on “nesting” mode. I want to clean and organize everything but I can’t move or lift much so I just order my poor husband around all day long. I’m finding my inner Marie Kondo and want to give/throw away all of our sh*t... well, maybe just my husbands stuff 😜 Maybe when COVID cases calm down a bit I can splurge on hiring a cleaning service to get that deep clean we just never have time or energy to do.