April 2021 Moms
Options

Random Thread

Re: Random Thread

• Options
    @aisukurimsarang are you serious?!! Does your state have any protections against this? I am so sorry.  
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang That really sucks. It must be a small company? I know that some companies can weasel around FMLA based on their small number of employees. I hope you are able to either fight it or find a larger company where you won't need to worry about something like this again (and I know you're done with babies, but FMLA extends beyond babies!).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt 1) I don't qualify for FMLA yet. 2) Even if I did, the company isn't required to comply with it as they don't have 50 full time regular employees. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @juliebird6, indeed. I've been thinking about that over the last week, especially as my ex went nuts and started making me jump through hoops to pick up our 8yo. AND, my partner wants me back in San Antonio. So, I think I'll see what I can find in SA. This job is in Austin, and when COVID-19 was done, it was going to be a problem. 
  • Options
    @theblondebump I'm so sorry you're going through all of this! I hope they are able to work something out for you so that you can either get some hands-on training or avoid the insulin. In case no one has told you today, you're doing an amazing job for baby! <3
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang oh my gosh, I’m sorry! I’m so mad on your behalf. That’s so so wrong. 
  • Options
    ugh, thank you @bbrahmbhatt !!! 

@aisukurimsarang - so sorry to hear about your job - that sucks!!!! 
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang that is really awful the way they’re treating you, small company or not. I’m really sorry you have to deal with that stress on top of being pregnant, it’s not right. I hope you find a company that will treat you with the compassion you deserve in SA. 
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama yes! my school district is testing all employees every month- so awesome. Thankfully it was negative so just a cold apparently, with me overthinking it as usual! 
     Thanks @bblair24 @BuckeyeNut05
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang oh man, I’m so mad for you! I agree with the broken system, but it’s also just crazy how little they care. FMLA qualified or not, it should count as disability and a system that doesn’t provide protections for any disability is just horrible. 
  • Options
    Today calls for ice cream at midnight... With chocolate syrup. My 1yo got ahold of my brand new razor. He was less injured and more pissed off I was holding him down to stop the bleeding and kept waving his hands everywhere, flinging blood. My bed looked like The Shining.

Wby do days like today always happen when our partners are out of town? 
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang oh my, sounds like that could have been a disaster! Glad he is okay!!!
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang I'm hoping this leads to something better for you, but it's total BS. Crazy how we get punished for doing something that society wants us to do. And I hope you enjoyed your well-deserved midnight sundae!
  • Options
    @riff323, I told my partner this country needs to realize that if women don't have babies, there isn't going to be much of a future for humanity. 
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang Super disheartening and frustrating about your job.  We really need a national policy mandating paid leave.  Will you be able to collect unemployment benefits if they force you out 2 weeks postpartum?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang I’m so sorry to hear that! That’s so terrible and disappointing. The US definitely needs to make changes for maternity/paternity leave! Are you still eligible for disability? You would be in CA but I don’t know if Texas laws are different.

I now have a shingles outbreak. Really racking up uncomfortable comorbidities in this pregnancy 😩 
  • Options
    I know multiple people recommended a haakaa - can anyone share a link to the one you recommend? I was looking it up and there seem to be multiple different things and I wasn't sure which one was the "milk catcher" for your one breast while baby is feeding on the other (if I am understanding correctly what it's used for) haha. 
  • Options
    marisaajmarisaaj member
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang that's great news! What do you think changed their response?  Will you be paid? I am taking a month of unpaid leave but my bosses are letting my paid vacation from last year carry over so I at least have 2 weeks of paid vacation to use.  They said I can take more time off but I don't want to jeopardize my job. 1 month seems short but they are letting me ease back into the office and do a work from home/bring baby into office hybrid schedule.  
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang what a rollercoaster! But I’m glad today gave you better news!!

I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned my MIL’s significant, well known, and clearly voiced preference for boys over girls, but if I haven’t: now you know. She didn’t want a daughter (had 2 boys) and she only wants male grandchildren (has 2 grandsons right now). I was team green with DS and am again now. She went and got a few clothing items for the new baby and I’m always thankful for these gifts but I was seconds away from going full preggo rage on her when I saw what she got. She started with plain white onesies—cool—then a green/white striped sleeper with a dinosaur on it—kinda leans boy, but it could work either way— then some blue/woodland creature onesies—strongly boy but one or two are neutral-ish— and the kicker... a sleeper that says “little brother” on it 🤬 I literally bit my tongue so I didn’t flip on her. She gets SO mad when I call her out on how disappointed she’ll be if this baby is a girl and how she better not favorite the boys (half in jest, half serious!) but then she does that. I am no longer holding back on the comments about her dislike of girls and how it’s bothersome/troubling. I’m still fuming and she showed me the clothes two days ago.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @theblondebump it looks like they've added a lot of other products since even summer 2019 when I had my last babe! I'd recommend this style with the lid included! 
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G43F123/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_dlT1_G77P7TDSFX57ATB6ZQ71?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

@bblair24 seriously me too!! With how big I'm measuring and the amount of movement I'm like did they miss a second baby in there??? 😂
  • Options
    Great, thank you so much @runsoncoffee !
  • Options
    @theblondebump this is the one I have and used with DS (https://www.amazon.com/Haakaa-Manual-Breast-Suction-Stopper/dp/B07X1JKCN1/ref=sr_1_41?dchild=1&keywords=haakaa&qid=1612529493&sr=8-41) However, like @runsoncoffee said there are a lot more options/products available now, so I'm going to look into those and might get a different one for this baby.

@bblair24 SAME! The last few days I totally relate to the octopus comment  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 How annoying of your MIL!  She does realize that she is in fact a woman, right?  Thank goodness she didn't have any daughters.  My dad's mother showed serious favoritism to her male grandchildren and it was very frustrating for me a child.  I tried so much harder to please her and still got more criticism than my brother.  I didn't realize what was happening until I was a teen and my aunt sat me down and explained it to me.  It was helpful to hear it from her.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I in no way mean this in an ugly, derogatory, or homophobic way, so I hope no one takes it that way: she is seriously as much of a tomboy as humanly possible without being gay. The woman makes ME feel awkward if she wears a dress and I do not think she has ever owned or even worn a pair of heels.
    I just hope that if either me or her other son's wife ever have a daughter she will embrace/love/spoil them as strongly as she has the boys. She really is a wonderful grandmother to them, but they are also boys, just like she prefers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @runsoncoffee that's exactly what I told her yesterday - "they tell me there's only one in there!"  :D
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang oh my gosh that is GREAT news!! I am so glad they had a change of heart, and for whatever caused said change of heart! I'm sure that has lessened your stress load.

@mamabee1113 OMG are you SERIOUS?! That is so disgusting. My dad's mother strongly preferred her male grandchildren, even though I was her ONLY granddaughter. She always poo-pooed my accomplishments, even though I was the only one (besides my younger brother) to go to college and then to medical school. It hurt my feelings as a child, and gave me this "Oh I'll show you" attitude. I hope that once she meets babe that she falls just as much in love with him/her as her other grandchildren. 

@bblair24 SAME! Definitely feeling like shes having a house party in there.  
  • Options
    @mamabee1113, my grandmother was the same way. She preferred her two male children over her 2 female ones. It carried on to her grandchildren, and eventually her great grandchildren. My cousin was the best ever for having two boys, while my sister and I gave her more girls. 

• Options
    @bbrahmbhatt @aisukurimsarang WHAT is wrong with these women?! Ugh! Why can't they just be thrilled at the opportunity to be a parent/grandparent and to healthy children at that.. Not everyone gets that privilege.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone else feeling a lot of low pelvic pressure/ mild pains in the pelvic area? I’m going to be 32 weeks tomorrow and it really feels like he is in my vagina 😳 I’ve been a lot more “crampy” lately... this is my first baby so I’m not really sure what’s normal and what’s not. I am still feeling him move a lot but a different kind of move and all pretty low. I’ve read about Braxton Hicks contractions and it doesn’t really feel like that because my stomach doesn’t really tighten at all. 
  • Options
    @grilledcheeezin I've started to have really intense pelvic pressure too and I'm almost 29 weeks.  I think its very normal to have it in the 3rd trimester since everything is getting bigger and you have more weight on your pelvic area.  Recently my braxton hicks have even started to feel like more intense pressure in the lower abdomen rather than just the usual stomach tightening.  Also, it seems like babe just loves to kick me in the vagina.  Don't know if you have that problem too lol
  • Options
    @grilledcheeezin and @aguamala, I’ve also been noticing more pelvic pressure. I’m 29 weeks too. I think. 😂 His kicks are very low - he feels much lower than either of my girls did. He’s felt low the whole time though, so I’m not surprised. I also feel pain in that region...not quite lightning crotch but just like general soreness. 
  • Options
    Def noticing more pelvic pressure also @bblair24 @grilledcheeezin @aguamala, and yes on the octopus baby! All of a sudden I'm like WOAH you're twisting and turning a LOT little lady....
  • Options
    I've been having lightning crotch already (28 weeks, but it started a couple weeks ago)! This child feels much lower than DD did.
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited February 2021
    DD1 keeps announcing that it’s “box cleaning day.” She and DD2 are playing in the downstairs room, and I think she’s waiting on me to come down and sit where I normally do when I’m going through boxes from the basement. She’s not wrong - it should be box cleaning day. Really every day should be box cleaning day 😂 Buuuut I don’t feel that happening today! I wish I had her energy, or that I could just set her loose to “clean boxes,” but I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t throw out anything or be willing to donate anything so probably not the best idea. 😜
  • Options
    SerenamarrSerenamarr member
    edited February 2021
    @aisukurimsarang so glad to hear they changed their tune a bit!! Hopefully will take at least some of the stress off. 

Grumpy post. I just went to submit my order for my insurance covered breast pump... only to find out that it is not covered because I got one less than 3 years ago. 😡 I exclusively pump and with the amount I use it I’m lucky if a non-hospital grade pump lasts 6 months let alone 3 years. Stupid Aetna.
  • Options
    bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
    edited February 2021
    @aguamala @grilledcheeezin @bblair24 @eahayes definitely having more movement down low and some more pressure too. Also sometimes it feels like she is going to pop right through my belly button, it is the WEIRDEST feeling. 

ETA to add: Is anyone planning to do a newborn photo shoot? I definitely want some cute newborn photos, but I am hesitant to have a stranger near her during a pandemic. DH and I are instituting a quarantine rule for our family members, and I know that a photographer will definitely not be quarantined. I've been looking online trying to get tips to get some good photos diy. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I’m planning a lifestyle newborn shoot in our house with a photographer that we have used multiple times before, though never for newborn stage. I’m planning to make her wear a mask and of course wash her hands before touching the baby, but that’s as far as I’m going with precautions there. Fingers crossed it’s not a mistake. In the past we have used a different photographer for newborn photos and gone to her studio/used all her things and props, but she moved so she’s not an option for us this time. Even if she was, I think I’d be more comfortable with someone coming to my house and using our stuff versus a studio with someone else’s stuff.