April 2021 Moms
Options

Random Thread

bblair24bblair24 member
edited October 2020 in April 2021 Moms
I’ve been meaning to start this for a while and keep forgetting. Drop your random thoughts, stories, memes, etc. here! 

Re: Random Thread

• Options
    I had a dream last night that I was in a friend’s wedding from college (who in real life has been married for 5 or 6 years now, haha). It was at a big church in our area and my dress was like the size of a shirt, which was a problem. We got down to the sanctuary for the ceremony and it turned out that her wedding was part of this huge Christmas musical/play/double wedding. She didn’t even know when her wedding was going to happen in the service and there were hundreds of people there and no one was wearing a mask. It stressed me out because I was like “we’re all going to end up with coronavirus after this!” I actually woke up upset about it. It has made me feel weird all morning! 
  • Options
    Visit wwwcafepresscomstonegear to see our StoneGear originals to contact us for personalizing your own slogan  stonegear unbreakable shirts work job quotes traffic  commute work sucks funny  motivation quit vbstrong dumb people bitch

It's only 9am and I'm already ready to go home. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last night I dreamed I was at the airport with my dog and I accidentally stepped on him and it made his rectum fall out of his butt. hahaha sometimes I dream the weirdest stuff!
  • Options
    @theblondebump that’s hilarious 😂😂 And quite the pickle for your poor pup! 
  • Options
    lol @bblair24 I know right? I crack up every time I look at him today and keep telling him his butt won't fall out. 

hahaha omg @BuckeyeNut05 is that you and your mom or is that from the internet? made me crack up.
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 that’s hilarious 😂😂

Related to the dream comments, I’m growing weary of pregnancy dreams. Every now and then they’re really funny (like the other night, I dreamed that my BFF rode her bicycle in to the outside of our house, I pointed and laughed at her, and she came in to hang out 😂) but most of the time they’re stressful. And I usually wake up from them and a lot of time when I go back to sleep it continues. I’ve had nights where I’ve had the same dream over and over and over. Pregnancy has always given me vivid dreams but they’re so much weirder and more frequent this time!
  • Options
    @theblondebump no, not my mom but it made me laugh!
  • Options
    I keep having WILD sex dreams, like threesomes and reunions with past lovers. 
  • Options
    @bblair24 I'm with you. I have incredibly vivid and real feeling pregnancy dreams and they are usually not enjoyable/leave me feeling exhausted from sleeping lol. 
  • Options
    @runsoncoffee ugh I hate that you’re dealing with it too! Last night I had multiple dreams about spiders. Two of the dreams I was stuck in spider-infested rooms, and the rest of the dreams were me telling people about those rooms. It was awful. I was awake for a while after the first two. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @bblair24 @runsoncoffee same for me. My dreams are incessant, and very vivid. It makes me feel exhausted, like I've been awake all night. They're usually stressful/nightmares too. ugh
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt, I dreamt last night that I was at Barnes and Noble and Robert Jordan showed up for a book signing. I was so excited! He wrote one of my favorite books and I could grab a copy and get it signed. Woke up ready to do just that. It took me a good hour after waking up to remember he died over a decade ago! 
  • Options
    I woke up this morning from a dream about getting in a fight with an old lady at Home Depot. When I finally got out of Home Depot I had to drive through a forest fire to get home. These dreams are all over the place. 
  • Options
    yes to the dreams!!! @bblair24 @runsoncoffee @bbrahmbhatt @forevertired

The other night I had a nightmare that me, DH, my mom, and my mom's boyfriend were all out to this "unique outdoor dining experience" where there's a fancy restaurant set up in the middle of a clearing in a forest with gigantic 100 foot trees. There was an app on our phones where you could see the whole nature setting where you were on your phone and when you touched your phone screen, a light would appear in that geographic area in the trees or in the sky. But it turns out they were like mini fireworks sort of and from everyone doing this "trick" on their phones, it started a terrible forest fire! The fire was coming towards us quickly and trees were falling all around us and we had to run for our lives, but my mom brought a huge purse to dinner and it weighed a million pounds and she didn't want to leave it behind AND she was wearing heels and couldn't run, so I struggled to carry my mom's purse while begging my husband to carry my mom out of the forest lol. It sounds funny, but it was terrifying and every time I woke up and tried to go back to sleep, the dream kept picking up where I left off! I had to go downstairs and watch tv for a little bit to get my mind off of it in order to be able to go back to sleep. 
  • Options
    Hey, 

I just have a random question.  I am 15 going on 16 weeks pregnant.  I have been working out the entire time in some form.  I was just wondering how safe mountain climbers, plank jacks and burpees (off a deck) are?  I want to make sure I avoid ab separation.  I do not have a bump yet but I still worry I will mess things up.  Any suggestions?
  • Options
    BuckeyeNut05BuckeyeNut05 member
    edited October 2020
    @lbonista I avoided those at this point in my pregnancy last time due to the relaxin, but that’s just me. I stuck with an exercises that only engaged my obliques or did bird dogs in place of those.

Edited to add tag and that I already had a fairly significant separation prior to my last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    My 9mo is nap striking. I need him to go for a nap, because this nonstop meltdown he is having is driving me nuts. 
  • Options
    I had another dream last night! Yesterday before bed I was researching some cabins online for DH and I to go for a babymoon or a little bday celebration for my December birthday. I ended up dreaming that we were at a cabin and DH was inside while I was checking out the back yard by myself and all of a sudden a huge black bear spotted me and came charging at me. I actually woke up DH because I was whimpering in my sleep! 
  • Options
    @theblondebump oh my goodness these dreams!

I had one last night that I heard a noise in the house and I tried to wake up MH and he got really mad that I woke him up and told me to go back to sleep. But then there was someone in our bedroom but somehow we were able to climb out my childhood bedroom window and run away, but when we tried to get help (in my old childhood neighborhood) we found that all our neighbors had intruders as well. It sounds stupid, but it was really stressful!
  • Options
    what is up with our dreams?! @bbrahmbhatt

• Options
    Okay so sorry if this is TMI, but I can't tell anyone else since they know my ex and it is too embarrassing.  Last night I has a dream that things were getting steamy with my ex, but then my husband walked in.  At first my husband was pissed but then my ex started kissing him and then they kicked me out of the bedroom to have more privacy.  So, so, disturbing.  
  • Options
    @bblair24 so good that you were able to get back to crocheting again! 
  • Options
    @lbonista I would avoid high impact exercises that require full tension in the abs. I was actually doing Insanity workouts for two months before I knew I was pregnant with my first, ended up with diastasis recti top to bottom. It’s not fun and will never go back. I had some bleeding on a run around 16 weeks, and ended up not being able to exercise at all the rest of my pregnancy. This is my third and I’m sticking to biking, rowing, elliptical, and other low impact cardio. 
  • Options
    The last three nights, I have been in horrible pain. Only at night. Tylenol wasnt touching it. Seems the cold weather brought attn to a cavity  below my gums I couldn't see! And, at night, I was keeping the window open, making my room super cold. I ended up having an emergency root canal, but given I expected to need an extraction due to the location of the cavity, I'm over the moon. Much easier to get over a root canal on just Tylenol vs an extraction. 
  • Options
    BuckeyeNut05BuckeyeNut05 member
    edited October 2020
    @aisukurimsarang I’m sure you probably never thought you’d be thrilled about a root canal?!

+1 for crazy dreams. I had a dream that I had the baby, my husband wasn’t there and I totally peeked to see what it was before he arrived (I am forcing us both to be team green).  It was a boy. Then had the baby (again, in the same dream), and they had one of those baby hats with a bow on it, so I knew it was a girl, and I broke down in tears because I wanted a boy. Then the doctor was sewing my stomach back up after my c-section and left in the middle and told me he’d be back and to just go about my normal business until then. It was bizarre. I definitely want another boy so our 1 year old little boy has someone to play with since our older two are so much older than he is, but I am surprised with how strong my dream reaction was to another girl. Yikes on bikes.  
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang ouch! That sounds awful, but I’m glad you got it fixed! I hope your mouth feels better soon ❤️

I had a dream earlier this week that I was having my anatomy scan. The doctor was clearly a man pretending to be a woman and did the entire ultrasound without even touching anything to my stomach. I was so upset and disappointed. My dream continued and I saw a news story about this guy that had two faces - it was my “doctor” that hid his extra face under his wig. What?! The dream went on and my whole family went for an actual anatomy scan and that doctor was great and the baby was a boy. DD2, who will be 4 in December, was curled up in my lap as a tiny baby during the ultrasound. So. Bizarre. Luckily my dreams have calmed down since that one, but I had crazy and upsetting dreams nightly for a few weeks. 
  • Options
    OMG, yalls dreams are cracking me up
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited October 2020
    So we had storms yesterday from Zeta. We actually had a tropical storm warning here. Our power went out around 10:45 am. I wasn’t overly surprised because our power goes out fairly easily when it’s windy, and it was pretty bad yesterday morning. Welllll our power is still out, over 24 hours later. Once the storm ended, the weather cleared up fast and shot up to 82°, meaning the house got super hot and muggy in the afternoon/evening. It cooled down considerably overnight (its in the low 60s today), so at least it wasn’t hot inside...but this morning it was pretty chilly. We left and got breakfast and came to the church. There’s power here and we’re charging things and the girls are watching YouTube videos currently haha. They were going craaaazy, which means I was too, all day yesterday. I’m convinced DD1 thought I took the power away just so she couldn’t watch tv. I got so fed up that I handed her the remote and said fine, turn it on. She tried and it didn’t work of course and she looked at me like “how dare you.” 😂😭
  • Options
    I’m so glad I’m not alone on the crazy dream front. Mine have been so vivid and frequent. I have multiple dreams every night.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bblair24 stay safe!  Did your power come back?
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 it did! Last I knew, anyways. The girls and I came down to my parents’ last night (they live about 30 minutes away) to stay the night. DH didn’t feel like messing with the dog in the car (the dog haaates the car!) so he stayed home with him. I talked to DH earlier this morning and while we were on the phone, the power blinked off and on a few times. It came on and had stayed on for a few minutes and was still on when we hung up! So hopefully it’ll stay. He’s coming down here today because we were going to be down here anyways for some family Halloween visits. Yesterday they estimated our power to come back on tomorrow night, close to midnight. 

The depressing part is last night we stopped at the house after a staff get together. The senior pastor invited the staff over for dinner and a campfire. We pulled in the neighborhood and the left side of the street had power. Lights on in windows, street lights, porch lights, the whole thing. The right side of the street - our side - was pitch black. 😂😭 So I guess DH had a chilly night at home while the across the street neighbors were nice and cozy. It’s so crazy to me that half the neighborhood had power and our half didn’t! 
  • Options
    Having legit intense dreams where I am trying to get a vanilla soft serve ice cream with sprinkles. OFTEN. I need to satisfy this craving apparently 
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 rookie move on my part but came very close to forgetting to mute myself while peeing in a staff mtg on zoom the other day lol
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang aww yay! How far along are you? I had a tap tap feeling earlier, but also a lot of bubbles today and I’m still having trouble discerning haha!
  • Options
    16+2. I started noticing them Friday, I guess, though I'd had a few bladder pings before that.