June 2021 Moms
Options

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Options
    @jaztastic wow you've been through it all! It is such a relief figuring out the key to IF.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @llamamamawearspajamapants Congrats! I read something similar "focus on the good of today and not borrow troubles from tomorrow. and to not let the worries of a loss ruin the joys of your current pregnancy." I don't even remember where I saw it, but the person who wrote it has no idea how much it has helped me.
  • Options
    Very true. My siggy used to be super long. I see you are a fellow IF conqueror. Congrats on your natural BFP. Wishing all the best for you. I will say that after going through so much with IF and loss, it made my 1st (take home baby) pregnancy especially the 1st tri so extra sensitive. I was worried about every little thing. Ive come to relax more and enjoy all the things (good and bad)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    @jaztastic thank you! It has been quite a journey. One of the nurses at my clinic took 7 years as well. Amazing that you can keep going after all those years. DH had basically come to terms with being childless after our one and only failed transfer last year and that was really hard for me to deal with. Wishing you all the best as well!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @jaztastic wowzers! You have been through sooo much on your journey. Im sorry you had to go through all that. Sorry also for your several losses. I've had 2 myself so I know the feeling. Its tough. You are one strong lady to keep on going. Congrats on the 1st beta. Your number looks good. Im going to get my first beta blood draw tomorrow morning. I hope it looks good too. 
  • Options
    Good luck today! Fx for a great beta draw!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    Due date? June 18 for now

How did you find out? Cheap test that I bought in bulk when ttc last year. But my insecurities have me testing like everyday to be sure it’s still there

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I don’t have any children or pets but I do like to hunt and spend time with my nephews. I work as a nanny watching three kids everyday (6,2, and 6mo.) My husband and I have been married for a year and a half or so and we were actually ttc before that but he was deployed and first month back we succeeded (:

First appointment? Any symptoms? First appointment is September 26th (: so excited. No symptoms that stand out I am going to the bathroom what feels like every 30 minutes but I have also been drinking a lot of water.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    *Eta TW - I feel silly not waiting for the second beta before posting. It only rose to 69 (from 41), so I don't think this will work. I wish everyone a very healthy and boring 9 months.  

Due date? 
    6/16 according to when I think I ovulated (used clear blue digitals)

How did you find out? 
    Tested super early and got a positive after a few days of testing 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I have a two year old son. I didn't participate in that BMB but I lurked super hard and was bummed when they moved to facebook. I promised myself I'd participate next time. :) 

I teach at a university and I'm very grateful that we are virtual right now. My husband is awesome and a great dad to our kiddo. I got into exercise during quarentine and it's helping keep me sane. I also love trashy reality tv. 

First appointment? Any symptoms?
    I had a second blood draw today and I'm still waiting on the results - looks like it'll be tomorrow. :(

*TW loss - I had an ectopic pregnancy before my son (that actually resulted in a lost tube). Because of that, they do early blood work and an ultrasound to make sure it's in the uterus (if you've had a previous ectopic, you're at a slightly higher risk for another). *end TW

Not a ton of symptoms but I am super winded and pretty tired. 
  • Options
    @kaw726 hi! I’m in the NW too! I live outside Seattle! 

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Options
    @Maggie1202 same! Bothell area. What about you?
  • Options
    @kaw726 we’re in Federal Way! We just moved to WA about 3 years ago and we love it so much!

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Options
    @KAW726 due date twins. Im still seeing my RE through the end of this month so my 1st OB appt wont be until Nov 5th. Hope the nausea stays at bay for you. It kicked in almost immediately for me (over a week ago). 

Glad to have you here!
  • Options
    @jaztastic there’s 6 of now that all have the same due date of 06/11. Me included. Popular date haha 
  • Options
    @jaztastic I know right? Me too lol I think its awesome. Thats amazing that there were 5 in your first BMB that all had the same due date and you shared OB offices etc. Small world indeed. 
  • Options
    Hello all, I am so excited to be here :)

Due date? as of right now, my due date is June 18th.

How did you find out? My husband and I have been TTC for over a year. I just tested as I normally do (a day or two early) and had VFL. As days progressed, tests got more and more clear. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My hubs and I have been together for 7 years, married for one. We have two fur baby’s - cats. This will be our first child, we are incredibly excited :)

First appointment? Any symptoms? I had my first “appointment” yesterday. Met with my doctor to get blood work done. Got my first set of blood work done yesterday. Planning to get the second set done in a week. Then my follow up appointment is October 23 to make sure everything is progressing as normal. I am congested and bloated. But other than that, nothing else. 
  • Options
    I saw something in PGAL that really resonated with me. Someone had the mantra “I am pregnant today,” so even if it’s early, I want to enjoy every day of this pregnancy and appreciate it. 
    I love this quote! I definitely needed to read this tonight!
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    I have hypo too and the one other time I was pregnant, it was 12! I lost it 😥
    Now I am expecting again and it got up to 12.5, but is being monitored closely by my endocrinologist. We're trying to get it under control. I'm not freaking out though, bc I haven't seen a drop of blood.
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie I also suffer from vertigo and in my pregnancy I feel weird diziness from time to time too. 
  • Options
    Hello! 

Due date? Currently 6/6 but this one will be a repeat c-section sometime towards the end of May. 

How did you find out? I had a feeling that I was pregnant so I took a test 5 days before my period was due and there was a faint positive.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) We have a four year old son and I was active on the Aug '16 BMB - I see my fellow BMB mama on here too, @JournoGrl23! Our group is pretty tight and I've met several of the mamas IRL which has been lovely. My husband and I have been together almost ten years and married for six. In addition to our son, we have a six year old cat. I work part-time for a local nonprofit and it's hands down the best job/work environment I've ever been in and my husband works at a local university. In my spare time, I enjoy doing power and vinyasa yoga.

First appointment? Any symptoms? My first appointment isn't until 11/5 but we'll be having a dating ultrasound and meeting with my doctor's NP. I've been tired in the afternoons, not sleeping well at night, peeing all of the time, and my face has been breaking out which is just fantastic. 🙄

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    Hi @lizalovespasha. Another long time IF'er here. I just wanted to say congratulations on a successful cycle and Im glad you are here. 

Im so intrigued by your story, I had to google the GIFT procedure as this is a newer technique to my knowledge base. If you are up to it, I'd love to get your thoughts/opinions on GIFT and ZIFT vs IUI (pros/cons/why you and your RE went this route). 
  • Options
    Due date - 6/17

How did you find out - I had cheap test strips that came with my ovulation tests and took one on a whim 9 DPO. There was a faint positive so I took 2 more, showed my husband for a second opinion, took another that night (no second line), and then 3 more the next morning (all positive), and then two first response (positive). Still can’t really believe it!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) - We have two cats and a dog, no other kids. This was our second month trying but I had some indicators for fertility issues so I’m feeling really lucky and relieved. I’m a lawyer, so I’m nervous about balancing high stress / hours with taking care of myself.

First appointment? Any symptoms? My first Obgyn appointment isn’t until 11/17, but I’m meeting with a doula next week. I’m still not sure if I’ll be sticking with an obgyn or if I’ll use a midwife/birthing center. I might end up cancelling the 11/17 appointment if I land on a midwife sooner, or keep it to feel out the doctor before deciding. My usual gyn stopping doing ob in the last few months so this would be someone totally new.

I’ve had some cramping and a small amount of spotting. Mild nausea, which I’m expecting is about to get a whole lot worse...
  • Options
    Hey Everyone! I am so happy to find this forum!

Due Date: Based on last period, it should be June 3rd, but I have a feeling my cycle was a little off since I just got off birth control and I took a pregnancy test right after my presumed missed period that was negative. My first doctors appointment is on the 18th so I’ll hopefully know then!

Found out: I actually got my BFP on my husband’s birthday! I had been testing about once a week so this was my third try and finally got the “pregnant” message (confirmed with two more just to be sure. I actually wrapped it up in a birthday bag and gave it to him as his last present of the night, it was perfect!

About Me: I’ve been with my husband for 7 years, married for 2. We both work full time, but I work from home almost exclusively, really great timing for that! I love camping, crafting, and horseback riding (actually curious to hear if any other equestrians are grappling with the decision to keep riding?)

Symptoms: I am really surprised how good I am feeling at about 6 weeks in... the big changes I’ve noticed is crazy heartburn, a little cramping, constipation, and oh sweet Jesus the farting... I have to excuse myself from the room when it hits, I’ve never been this bad!! I have been SUPER stressed that I have not gotten morning sickness yet since all the stats I read say that morning sickness points to a lesser chance of miscarrying. Every morning I wake up anticipating and hoping for nausea... I am sure I’ll regret writing this one day haha.

Thanks all moms and moms-to-be for posting such great comments, it has been really helpful and interesting!
  • Options
    @ashleyjillian15
    LOLz  :D the gas is bad isnt it. I dont even gaf anymore. DH will have to just deal, we are in this together. 

But also do not fret over the symptoms you dont have. With my 1st I felt great and had the worst paranoia because I didnt have morning sickness or anything other than mild heartburn and a gas. Its a total mind fuck, because you just want to feel something so it eases your mind in the hopes that things are progressing. 
    And thennnn I was SUPER sick with my 2nd, and took back every time I "wished" I had morning sickness before. I wanted to slap myself for every wanting nausea lol. Trust me you dont want it, but I totally understand wishing you could feel "more pregnant" in the early days. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Due date? 6/14

How did you find out? Realized my period was late so I grabbed a cheapie at the Dollar Tree checkout lane.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I'm an elementary school teacher. No children, just a spoiled pup. Partner and I have been together for a little over a year.

First appointment? Any symptoms? I'm calling to make an appointment tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    emwj10187emwj10187 member
    edited October 2020
     Hi! Looking forward to get to know everyone 🙂

Due date? 6/3

How did you find out?  I felt “funny” the day before my period was due, and Bam! BFP. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m married (8 years), DH and I have a 3 year old daughter ( I was in the OCT 2017 group for her pregnancy) I work in accounting as a book keeper for a translation company, but I also sing professionally. I went to school for music( thinking I’d be a successful singer lol!) but I do love it and have been able to continue singing despite the pandemic. I’m also a candle maker, among other home items and sell those online. I  Have a wiener dog named Porsche (see profile pic) and smelly kitty named pippa. This pregnancy is a total shock to us and so I’m here to wrap My brain around things.

First appointment? I have my first midwife appointment on Thursday (10/15) - shooting for a home birth this time around

Any symptoms? intermittent cramping through out the day, sore boobs, tender nips and extremely tired. 
    \

• Options
    @jaztastic thank you that makes me feel a lot better knowing you went through the same with your first! I am trying to take it one day at a time and be thankful for the few symptoms I do have that are a reminder “hey I’m still in here!” .... even the farts :D
  • Options
    kaitlinlizkaitlinliz member
    edited October 2020
    Due date? 6/17

How did you find out? For some reason decided to test to prove I was out this month

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    1 boy (almost 3), 2 dogs and a cat. Im the director of a daycare. DH and I have been married 6 years! I like painting, photography and reading but really only get to reading now a days 

First appointment? Any symptoms? Appt is 11/13 (yup Friday the 13th lmao!) I do have a nurse call 11/2. And bloodwork today....symptoms: peeing all the time, insomnia (330am currently), nausea, bloat, fatigue, stretching, flutters, restless legs, hunger, I feel like I'm missing something 
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican hey fellow hedgehog owner! We have 2 (as evidenced by my profile photo) :blush:
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I was waiting for you to comment on the hedgehog 😆 As soon as I read she owns one i immediately thought of you LOL.