December 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• @tryingktogku fingers crossed that his boss will work with him so he can come home to you! ๐Ÿ’œ
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 |ย Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • I woke up this morning feeling like someone punched my pubic bone and Iโ€™ve felt it all day. Really hoping I donโ€™t have SPD.
  • Loading the player...
  • @KateBee I've had that when waking up or after sitting for too long. I found changing how/where I use pillows made a huge difference. Sometimes I need one between my knees, sometimes behind my back to I can lean flat-ish. There's been once or twice I've been in bed when it was really bad and I would shift causing my pelvic bone to pop like when you crack your knuckles. I have no idea how to do it intentionally but it gave immediate relief. I mean, it scared the crap out of me at first because I thought I broke something, but then I felt way better.
    imageย ย ย ย  image
  • Anybody else with night sweats?? They started waking me up last week and kind of freaked me out! Hormones, I suppose?
  • @peyts228 No sweats yet, but I've been waking up with hot flashes! Not sure if it's anxiety or hormone related, but I've been waking up multiple times a night super hot!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.ย  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @peyts228 yes I got these in the 1st Tri and then they took a break and now they are back. Get them about 1 night a week
  • Anyone else unable to eat at night anymore? I'm unintentionally doing intermittent fasting because I feel like I'm going to vomit and can't sleep if I eat anything after 7pmย  :s
  • @bearmomma1 @shelmcclel Thanks ladies! As I inch closer to third tri all sorts of weird stuff is popping up!
  • @luckypenny11. I have been either eating lunch or dinner.ย  If I eat both, I feel so sick for the whole night (sounds similar to you, nauseous, heartburn, and just so uncomfortable).ย  For the meal that I don't eat, I normally have a protein shake and a handful of crackers.ย  I am almost back to pre-pregnancy weight and the Dr doesn't seem concerned about weight gain.ย  So I am just sticking with not suffering.ย ย 
  • @luckypenny11 My dinner plates have definitely been getting lighter and lighter, and I don't end up eating much. My biggest meal of the day seems to be lunch, and then I'm pretty full for the rest of the day. I still try to eat dinner with my H and DD, but it's just a few bites. My stomach is so full and hard by the evening that it's hard to eat much!
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @luckypenny11 @dobiemom11@bearmomma1 same! But Iโ€™ve basically been eating small snacks like every hour instead of meals lolย 
  • My sense of smell has really kicked up a notch. I can smell a dog fart or bad breath from a mile away
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @luckypenny11 I canโ€™t eat much at dinner or after either because heartburn gets so bad. Probably TMI and gross but Iโ€™ve woken up a few nights with reflux literally in my mouth and now have to keep a bag next to my bed just in case ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
  • I've been sleeping very soundly (in between bathroom trips), which is good. When I wake up though I usually stretch before I get up, and every day I have to try to remember to FLEX my feet to stretch because if I point them (which is what I normally do), I will get a Charley Horse. It's so hard to remember!
  • @laurenspdx
    i woke up twice coughing/choking on reflux. Itโ€™s scary! ย  Now I try to not eat for 2 hours before bed. ย  I got some natural calm magnesium (I think your suggestion) which helps with sleep but k got the berry lemon flavor so Iโ€™m afraid to take it right before bed because of the acidity so I take it an hour before. ย Iโ€™ve also been propping myself up with a lot of pillows. ย  I keep waking up on my back so hopefully being propped up helps with circulation.ย 

Itโ€™s been at least a week or two since reflux choking so i think itโ€™s helpingย 
  • @ginkomama
    the same thing happens to me. ย Iโ€™ve been doing magnesium supplement at night which I think helps. Iโ€™ve also heard potassium helps so I try to regularly eat banana and intend to eat potatoes more but donโ€™t do that much (I only learned a few years ago potatoes have a very ย high level of potassium. potato potassium)ย https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/food-sources-of-potassium.php
    Mayo Clinic says mineral depletion -low magnesium potassium calcium - and also taking diuretics can cause muscle cramps
  • So Iโ€™ve been having terrible middle of the night insomnia for about a month. My doula gave me some hypnobirthing meditation tracks to listen to which has been a great use of my awake time! It also helps me get back into a restful space.ย 
  • @shelmcclel same! our body's are prepping us for all the middle of the nights we'll be awake with baby :)
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• I think I just lost some of my mucus plug? I went pee, wiped and had a dark brown gelatinous glob on the toilet paper. Looking it up it seems like it's normal to lose some of it weeks before labor, but I'm all nervous now. My OB office is closed from 12-2 for lunch so I'll call back after 2. ack!
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @bearmomma1 could also be normal discharge changes as you go through your 3rd trimester! Long as ur not cramping/ contracting/ bleeding donโ€™t worry too much ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • With my GD they are asking me to have a nighttime snack- 27g carbs max and 22g protein. On top of that I need to eat again in 8 hours.... this is sooooo incompatible with indigestion and heartburn at night! Especially when I try to sleep over 8 hours. Ouffff, 11 more weeks of this feels like soooo much. Anyone else dealing with this and have tips/ tricks for the late night snack?ย 
  • @tryingktogku I've actually been cramping since last night :/ I went to bed early because I just couldn't get comfortable on the couch. argg hurry up 2:00!

TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @jchpg. During first trimester, I would be in bed super early. I asked DH to bring me a granola bar when he would come to bed like four or five hours later.ย  That way I could have something on my stomach when I first got up in the morning. Can you find some "good" snacks that meet your qualifications and put them near your bathroom?ย  That way when you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, you can have a quick bite.ย  String cheese is coming to mind for me, but mostly trying to think low carb and relatively bland.ย  Also if you eat later at night, then maybe you can sleep in a little bit.ย  I guess it depends on how rigid your timing needs to be on eating.ย  For me lots of little bites in the evening normally goes better than a big dinner for indigestion.ย  Hope that helps even a little.ย  ย 
  • @dobiemom11 thanks for the advice! Funny I hadnโ€™t thought about string cheese, but we have plenty around with DD. I was thinking of having a yogurt, bc at least it would help neutralize any acid.ย 

I also go to bed pretty early, and DH has been staying up for a few extra hours. I think Iโ€™ll ask him to bring in something and see if it helps. This is so hard!ย 
  • @jchpg.ย  I have been also drinking Pediasure instead of a meal most days.ย  Maybe you could find a shake like that (the one I currently have wouldn't meet your requirements, but I bought the wrong one. They make a higher protein one).ย  It helps me trick myself into "eating" and tends to go okay for my stomach and heartburn.ย  Not sure if that would work for you.ย  If you husband brings it to you, then it can even be something refrigerated which gives you more options.ย  Yogurt might work well (I just never think of it being lactose intolerant).ย  ย 
  • @jchpg. P.S. you totally got this!!ย  I know how hard it is, but we are on the countdown!ย ย 
  • Thanks @dobiemom11! Itโ€™s so freakin hard but I keep telling myself if Iโ€™m extra careful hopefully it wonโ€™t be forever. My family has a history of diabetes so it would not be a surprise to have it stick around....

I had a little bit of a breakdown overall this today. DH was not helping with snarkey responses when I was trying to figure out how much/ what I could eat for dinner. Heโ€™s been pretty disconnected from this whole pregnancy and weโ€™re both uber stressed with our jobs, working from home and watching DH. He doesn't get that weโ€™re dealing with the same shit and ON TOP of that Iโ€™m in a high risk pregnancy.ย 

Iโ€™m not a Superfan of protein type drinks, but I might look for some kefir or drinkable yogurts with low carbs.ย 
  • @bearmomma1 keep us updated!ย 

@jchpg it may help if you Pinterest low GI (glycemic index) foods/recipes instead of low carb/ low sugar because with GD and diabetes in general most people feel extra limited trying to go low carb when you can have carbs just ones that donโ€™t spike your insulin (ie honey over sugar, whole wheat pasta over white pasta) etc... as for night time heart burn try taking tums with your night time snack and stay kind of upright ish for like 15min after ya eat!?ย 
  • @bearmomma1 how are you feeling today?

@jchpg could you make your own protein shake that you could tailor more to your tastes?ย  I'm also not a big fan of the pre-made ones, but I've been making some lately with frozen strawberries, vanilla protein powder, and unsweetened almond milk (thank you for the tip @dobiemom11 !).ย  I'm sorry your husband isn't being more supportiveย  :(ย  We are always here for you to vent!
  • @jchpg Thinking of you! My DH also seems to be disconnected and lacking empathy lately - it's really tough.

@bearmomma1 Thinking of you, too. Glad to hear your OB isn't concerned! Keep us posted.
  • @bearmomma1 congrats on your baby boy but I know this was not under the best of circumstances! Iโ€™m sure this has been so scary. Keeping you and your son in my thoughts & prayers! Please keep us updated.ย 
  • @bearmomma1. Sending lots of love to you and the whole family!!ย ย 
  • @bearmomma1 - thinking of you and your baby boy, and wishing you both all the best <3
  • @bearmomma1 so glad everyone is ok for the moment. Praying its all good news going forward!
    imageย ย ย ย  image
  • @bearmomma1 Thinking positive thoughts for you and baby boy!!
  • @bearmomma1 - Sending prayers you and your baby boy prayers!ย  <3
  • @bearmomma1 keeping you, your family and your new little one in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong through this difficult time mamaย 
  • @bearmomma1 Iโ€™m glad heโ€™s stable, ย And glad you got yourself to the hospital quickly! ย and hope everything with the tests goes well and you have your baby at home in your arms soon!ย 
    Sending love ๐Ÿ’—ย