Infertility

September 2020 FET

Re: September 2020 FET

• @crazyladywithacat - yay on great second beta! hope that two weeks till US will go faster than the original 2ww  :D

I asked DH to buy me more tests, and he only came home with 2 more, so I think I'll just test once a day in the mornings from now and until beta.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • @fuzzydust Today we can see orange hazy sky over Boston from west coast smoke. I can't imagine how bad it is over there. I wish all the best to you ladies.
  • Loading the player...
  • @FuzzyDust congrats on a line! Hope the next few days go by quickly for you! And yay Seattle area buddy 👋 I hear you on the stir crazy - I usually run 3 days a week and do half my meetings from the backyard...

@crazyladywithacat congrats on a great 2nd beta! 

@ffm11 🤞 for your beta today! 

AFM - transfer went great! Little blast was already hatching by transfer time, everyone in the room was in a great mood, and DH couldn’t be there (thanks, Covid) but sent a bunch of penguin gifs last night to look at :) beta on the 25th! 

• FuzzyDustFuzzyDust member
    edited September 2020
    @halfanewt - yay for a transfer going well! Welcome to PUPO! Hope the 2ww goes quickly! Sticky thoughts!
    do you think you’ll be testing at home early?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
  • GL @halfanewt 😃😃😃 fwiw, I've had my share of transfers where DH couldn't be there bc of work or whatever. 🤷 I'm not sure now if it was two or three?

*TW* ivf success
    <div class=" Spoiler">He was 100% <i>Not</i> there for both of my successful fets, so now I'm kinda like, ...he's not allowed to come. J/k 😬😬😬 kinda not joking. </div>
  • @halfanewt I wished my husband could be in the room too, but congrats on PUPO!

@Fuzzydust How are you feeling today?

Anyone knows how to count the weeks? I scheduled an US on 10/6, how many weeks is that? My last period day 1 8/17, day 5 embryo transfer 9/3. 
  • @FuzzyDust for sure. My goal is to hold out until next Wednesday...

@crazyladywithacat start counting from day of last period for the rough week. If you enter it in the bump it counts them for you, too. The counting systeis so weird to me, especially the months! 

@BusinessWife Hi! Response in the box! 

So I definitely asked to be switched back to my original nurse from my successful transfer.  My RE kind of laughed but agreed. I’ll take the luck where I can get it! 

• @crazyladywithacat - The pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last cycle. There are a lot of due dates calculators that also tells you the weeks count, I like this one: https://www.whattoexpect.com/due-date-calculator/ you can use either the first day of your cycle, of the date of the transfer ("ivf" option), but I personally think that the transfer day is more accurate (as the cycle length might differ). Sound like the US is scheduled for 7 weeks for you, so you should be able to see the heartbeat!! <3 exciting!

@halfanewt - good luck holding out till next Wed :D I definitely didn't have the patience :) How are you feeling today?

AFM: I'm starting to feel a little nauseous, but in a weird way. Like a metallic taste in my mouth, plus food aversions. I crave meat for breakfast - meatloaf, chicken, anything that's a simple hank of protein. I feel hungry, open the fridge, but don't want anything in it. This afternoon I craved some fruit, so I grabbed an apple. 2 bites in I hated the apple  :#
    Also, my uterus is sore  :#  But I like the feeling, as it's reassuring that something is happening there :)

HPT pics in spoiler.
    my line progression so far :
  • edited September 2020
    @crazyladywithacat
    ETA Sorry, I see now PPs also already answered.

So a couple ways.  I would start by finding one of those pregnancy weeks calculators online - there are so many, just find one you like that is easy enough to change the dates and update.

The first way is by LMP (last menstrual period) so you would put that in and let it figure.  (That's like day 0 or 1, I guess, but then assumes a day 14 ovulation, which may or may not be true for you).  Some calculators will let you choose 5-day or 3-day transfer, so that's like taking a hypothetical day 14 ovulation and adding 3 or 5 days from there, which is more accurate for ivf pregnancies, because you actually know when conception / transfer took place.  If you were to use a calculator that didn't account for it, then you would count back 5 days from 9/2 and either call that ovulation day, or count back 19 days and call that your LMP date.

Here's a couple I like:
    <div class="Spoiler">https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-calculator.html?ccalcmethod=ivf&dueDateDay=01%2F15%2F2021&cLastPeriodDay=04%2F10%2F2020&cCycleLength=28&cConceptionDay=04%2F24%2F2020&cUltrasoundDate=09%2F17%2F2020&cUltrasoundWeek=22&cUltrasoundDay=6&cIVFDay=09%2F02%2F2020&civfage=5&printit=0&x=114&y=24</div>
    <div class="Spoiler">https://www.yourduedate.com/report/ivf/2020/09/02/5/

If you scroll down, I like how this one shows a lot of different milestones. GL!</div>

ETA @FuzzyDust Amazing progression!!! 😃😃😃. And your symptoms all sound spot on to me, too lol Congrats!!!

@halfanewt Right!?  We'll take all the luck we can get! 😅
  • Thank you ladies! 

@FuzzyDust that is amazing!! I think it's safe to say congratulations! your body responded so quickly! the one I took right before my blood test was not even as dark as your 5 days!

I'm totally new to this forum, what is the etiquette of the spoiler? I sort of just put everything out there, I'm sorry if I should have done the spoilers.

• @FuzzyDust I’m feeling pretty good! Really optimistic about this one. And I’m getting some cramps/twinges/tingles already, which I’m taking as a good sign 😊 
    How are you doing? 

@crazyladywithacat Someone else will probably have a better explanation, but usually people use spoilers for things that could be triggering....
    like children, IVF success, losses, other people’s pregnancies
    ...and will often include a *TW* before the box with a 1-2 word description so people can choose to read or skip at their own discretion. Hope that helps! 

• @crazyladywithacat, I think the line shade depends on the test brand + the type of  embryo implanted + how soon it attaches. Mine was already hatching at the time of the transfer and the part outside the shell was already bigger then what was in the shell. But I'm still a little surprised to see a line this early. DH keeps joking about embryo splitting  :D I'm ok with whatever, as long as it keeps developing normally :# .
    For the spoiler etiquette, as halfanewt mentioned, it's for anything that could be a trigger for others. I'm usually more careful with it in the generic threads, but don't always follow in the monthly cycles threads, especially when discussing the status for the current cycle (since the thread is mostly attended by the people in similar shoes, and they do want to see updates anyways).

@halfanewt twinges sounds awesome!!! I'm so hoping for a successful outcome for you!

I'm doing well, really looking forward to my Beta on Sunday!

• Thanks for the feedback!

I started to get nauseous here and there. 3 times however are right after I had a few sip of room temp water. I switch seltzer and ginger ale now. Anyone feel nausea yet? and what's the trigger(s)?
  • @crazyladywithacat, yay for nausea 🤣 not usually yay, but it means things are going well!

I have lots of food aversions starting to appear. Also, I get a little nauseous in the mornings. Right after I go to use a bathroom, take a sip of water from night stand, and lie back down. Interesting idea to replace it with seltzer, maybe that would be good!
    Beta is tomorrow! Can’t wait!
  • @FuzzyDust Good luck today! 
  • I was out at a farm with my family, enjoying finally clean air and picking apples, when the clinic calls with awesome news - "Congratulation, you're pregnant, HCG is 161, please schedule another test 2-3 days from now". I'm so happy!!!!
  • @FuzzyDust yay!! Congrats!! And apple picking sounds nice, too :) 
  • Thanks, @halfanewt! I scheduled my next beta for tuesday:)
    How are you feeling? you're 4 days deep into 2ww!
  • Congratulations!!! @FuzzyDust That's wonderful news!  What a perfect day ☺️
  • @FuzzyDust feeling pretty good - waking up super thirsty, a little dizzy when I stand up too fast, random cramps and twinges. Symptom spotting like a crazy person. You know 😂 In my head I set Wednesday as my test at home date - I’m almost there! 
  • @halfanewt - LOL, classic 2ww :D EEeee, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Wed!
  • @fuzzydust congratulations! Good luck with your 2nd beta.

@halfanewt one more day! Almost there. Good luck!!!!

Im taking the first vacation since Covid before I start working on Monday. At a lake cabin in with my DH. Very quiet and peaceful place thought I would just rest and let my body do its magic. Yesterday I was freaking out because I didn’t feel nauseous or tired Since Monday and my breasts don’t feel that sore anymore. I’m trying to stay calm today but FX ... 10/6 US seems so far away!
  • @FuzzyDust fx for a good rise today! 

@crazyladywithacat hope you enjoy your vacation! The wait for the first us feels sooo long. 

Thought you’d get a kick out of this - I caved and decided to test this morning......And the test was defective. apparently I really am waiting until tomorrow 😂
    edited September 2020
    @crazyladywithacat - vacation in a lake cabin sounds awesome! Hope US comes quickly and brings you some peace of mind.

@halfanewt - wow, talk about life enforcing patience  :D  Fingers crossed for the tomorrow's test!

I just came back from giving blood for Beta #2. Since it was past 9am, I won't hear back till tomorrow :tired_face:
  • edited September 2020
    @halfanewt haha talking about patience. Guess it’s meant to be. This pregnancy is making me the most impatient and paranoid person in the world

@FuzzyDust i can’t believe they let you wait a whole day for the result! I probably need to binge watch an entire TV show to distract myself

lake cabin is amazing, definitely what I need right now.

• @crazyladywithacat that view looks amazing! What show did you decide on? 

@FuzzyDust I’ve been caught by that daily cutoff before, too. Hope they at least call you bright and early today! 

AFM - tested early this morning and there’s definitely a 2nd line!! 
  • @halfanewt - YEASSSSS!  :)  I'm so happy for you and the positive home test! Are you going to test more, or just want for Beta at this point?
  • @halfanewt yay for the 2nd line! Since the lake house doesn’t have Internet (on purpose) I brought many books including one pregnancy book called ‘expecting better’. this book provides great data, not just tell you what to or not to do, and the readers can make their own decisions (on alcohol, coffee , eat sushi, etc.)

@FuzzyDust when are you getting your result today

edited September 2020
    @crazyladywithacat, I don't knooowww  :s 
    When I did my first Beta, they called me same day at 11am. Well, it's past 11:20am the next day after my second draw, and still no call. Of course my mind goes "they probably do the positive results calls first, the the difficult ones later"... I know it's not based on anything (and time probably differs based on how busy the lab is that day), but I can't focus on my work at all right now. I just want to hear the good news and find out when the first US will be.
  • @FuzzyDust oh, I'm sure I'll be testing tomorrow morning, too. And probably Friday also :) 

@crazyladywithacat no internet, nice! I do enjoy a good book. 
  • @FuzzyDust Yea completely understand the paranoia. FXFX hope you get your result soon. 
  • Yay! @FuzzyDust. Glad they finally called with such wonderful news!

@halfanewt Congratulations!!!!  So happy you're off to a great start! 🎉🎉🎉  Remind me when is beta day?
  • @FuzzyDust yay!! Congrats, that’s an awesome rise! 

@BusinessWife thanks, me too! Beta is Friday morning! 
  • @fuzzydust congrats! So happy for you. I know, US seems soooo far away, even longer than the 2ww wait since we can’t do anything... 

@halfanewt keep us posted, I know you are probably gonna test everyday till Friday 🙂
  • Hello everyone! Brand new here and just did my first ever transfer on 9/21 and wanted to join the September FET group. Longtime lurker. @FuzzyDust congratulations!
  • @callmemrsbobbins, welcome! and congrats on being PUPO! Best of luck and lots of sticky vibes!
  • @callmemrsbobbins welcome! Hope your 2ww fly by
  • @callmemrsbobbins welcome and congrats on PUPO! When is beta day for you?