Infertility
Options

September 2020 FET

Re: September 2020 FET

• Options
    halfanewthalfanewt member
    edited September 2020
    Longest wait for a phone call ever! Draw was at 7:30, they called at 12:15. Beta is in at 183!! 2nd beta on Sunday! 
  • Options
    That is a great number!!! @halfanewt Congratulations!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @halfanewt congrats!!! September is a sticky month :smile:
  • Options
    @halfanewt, that’s an amazing number!!! Congrats!!!! 🎉 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @halfanewt Congratulations!! My beta is October 1, feels like forever away. 😅
    @crazyladywithacat thank you! I quilt and knit so I have a bunch of projects to keep me busy 🤓
    @FuzzyDust thank you! ☺️
  • Options
    Hi all! Seems like a lot of congratulations are in order for many on this feed!! 🥳🥳🥳Just joining The Bump app - we did our first FET on the 16th. We are hoping for our first child, a rainbow baby after loss earlier in the year. Did our beta today but won't get results until Monday.
    🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    @ewala625 hello! Hopefully September is a sticky month for us all! FX for you!
  • Options
    I take it back... today was the longest wait for a phone call. Didn’t call until after 2! Anyway, 2nd beta is 433 🥰 I’ll call to schedule the first US tomorrow, but it can be as early as 10-16! 

@ewala625 Welcome, and I can’t believe they make you wait a day for results! Good luck tomorrow! 

@callmemrsbobbins hi from a fellow knitter! Hope this week flies by for you - do you think you’ll test before the 1st? 
  • Options
    @halfanewt, awesome second Beta! Hope your US will be soon too! Sounds like your clinic also makes you wait till 7w 😬

@ewala625, good luck with the Beta results tomorrow!

I’m 5w today, counting days till US... trying to stay positive till then. We went to a farm and pumpkin patch today - it was lots of fun and a nice break after a long stretch of unhealthy smoky air and then a crazy multi-day rain.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
  • Options
    @halfanewt Yayyy! Awesome numbers, congratulations. Yes...I already tested, but I’m not sure of the proper etiquette here and I do not see the “spoiler” option.  😬
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins, there is a spoiler option if you click little triangle down next to the weird reverse-P icon.
    I have a feeling it’s positive news 🤞🏼

AFM: I’m freaking out a little. As of yesterday, I feel “normal”. My slight nausea and food aversions are gone 😞 I know that it’s supposed to be ok for the symptoms to fluctuate, but I don’t remember any drastic changes like this with my first 😬
    I know I should stop, but I keep reading on MC symptoms, and of course they all talk about bleeding and cramps, but I don’t think I’d have that considering all the extra drugs I’m taking.
    I just want my little embaby to stay tight and grow. Hoping the symptoms will come back soon to give me some peace of mind 😶
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins or just feel free to share if you want. We’ve been pretty open on this one about testing and numbers 😊

@FuzzyDust isn’t it funny to be hoping for nausea? 🤞 it comes back soon for you and you get that reassurance. Potential TW re: prior MC in box. Hopefully it’s more reassuring than not! 

So I had an early MC with my last transfer at 5.5 weeks. I was spotting from 2 days before the beta until the MC, which happened naturally, despite being on the same progesterone supplements I am now/was 2 years ago with my son.  Oddly that’s part of what’s making me feel more confident about this transfer. I’m taking not spotting this time as a giant positive! 
  • Options
    Thanks, @halfanewt, it is a little reassuring.
    I'm so worked up that I do starting to feel a bit off again, but now I can't tell if that's due to the pregnancy or anxiety  :# 
    Yeah, it's funny to wish for the symptoms, but somehow it's easier to deal with the physicals discomfort that emotional. 

How are you feeling?
  • Options
    @FuzzyDust Totally agree - I'll take physical symptoms over emotional anxiety any day! Hopefully your symptoms kick back in soon and the time to the US flies by. Unrelated note - we're headed to a pumpkin patch this upcoming weekend. I'm so excited for fall! 

I'm feeling good - nausea is hitting earlier this time than with my first, and more so in the evenings. I'm okay with it, though! Just scheduled my first US for 10/16 - first possible day. I seriously wonder who decides to wait until later in the time window, though? 
  • Options
    @halfanewt - yay for pumpkin patch!! Have fun!
    And congrats on scheduling the first US!

I used to be with a different fertility clinic for my first IVF, and as far as I remember they did US every week from my Beta to the graduation to OB. My new clinic only does one between 7-8 weeks, and they graduate you right there if all looks good. I wonder if we go to the same clinic  :D (Mine is SRM).
  • Options
    @fuzzydust yep, same clinic 😆 I have to say though, the peace of mind from a weekly US sounds ah-mazing. 
  • Options
    Ok I am currently 8dp5dt and took a FRER 2 days ago and got my BFP! I tested again this morning with a Clearblue and still BFP. My beta is scheduled for Thursday morning, so I do not have my numbers yet. @FuzzyDust and @halfanewt I agree about the physical symptoms, I keep checking to make sure I “feel pregnant” which is ridiculous because I have nothing to compare it to 😂 
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins - YAAAAY! Congrats!!! 2ww gets much easier once you get that BFP on the pee stick  <3
    With my first transfer, I knew I "felt pregnant" right away, even though it was new sensations to me. I also new that it didn't work with my second FET, because there was no special feeling there.

I don't even know how I feel anymore. I was definitely "feeling pregnant" just a few days after transfer, but now I might be just slightly "off", and that might also be due to anxiety from the symptoms going away 2 days ago  :# I actually just messaged my clinic asking for advice on dealing with this emotional part of symptoms fluctuation. I'm secretly hoping that they'll do another 2 betas to show that the levels are still rising, but who knows, they might just call me back to "hold my hand" and calm me down over the phone.
  • Options
    Already got a response from clinic about my worries. They offer to do an extra Beta test today or tomorrow and possibly move US to 6w + a few days instead of waiting till 7w  :) Figuring out the logistics, but this would help to easy my mind now, and save another weekend of anxiety before the US.
  • Options
    @halfanewt congrats on the awesome numbers!
    @fuzzydust I'm with you, I was freaking out when i didn't feel sick for a couple days, it's nice of them to schedule extra test. I definitely feel nauseous from time to time now, can't wait for the US on the 10/6.
    @callmemrsbobbinsCongrats on the positive test. Best of luck with the first beta!

AFM, I started my new job on Monday that's why I haven't checked in for a while. New job is exactly what i wanted to do so it's super exciting but I'm also a little stressed out about the pregnancy. Nausea during the day, medication at 4pm, and how am I gonna tell my boss in a couple month (if I'm lucky enough). I don't have to go in the office but I want to since both of my bosses are in everyday (whyyyyy....) So FXFX for the next couple months...

• Options
    @crazyladywithacat - so happy to hear you're loving your new job! Hoping all the pieces will fall into places in the next few months! I'm sure your bosses can sense how much you like working there!

It's funny, I'm all reassuring when others report symptoms change, as it's supposed to be ok for them to fluctuate. And then one day it happens to me and I'm a giant anxious mess  :D

I've scheduled another Beta tomorrow (will be 19dpt), and moved US to Oct 8th (at 6w4d, 4 days earlier from what it was before - yay!). I was supposed to have my RE dr follow-up then, but my coordinator nurse said that I don't need the follow up, since I got pregnant, and can just move my US to that day instead.
    I did feel guilty about it all for a few minutes (like I'm being an impatient cry-baby), but then realized that mental heath is important, and I don't have to apologize for reaching out and asking for support (and actually getting it too).

• Options
    @FuzzyDust that’s really great that your clinic will do another beta for you! FX everything is fine. Thanks for the congrats.
    @crazyladywithacat thank you! Also best of luck with the new job, it’s great that you’re enjoying it.

AFM, I’m still working from home but my boss knows about my IVF journey and always checks in since he and his wife went through it about 15-20 years ago. He’s super supportive without being awkward 😂
  • Options
    @fuzzydust Definitely don't apologize or feel bad. Our bodies are performing miracles right now and we need extra support physically and mentally. I wish i can do an earlier US, but there is no appointment available. This new job is gonna keep my mind occupied so it helps with the wait. 
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins That's so great! I wish I can share with someone close about my IVF process, I only recently told my parents that I'm doing this after I got a positive test. 

I really appreciate this page, a place to seek support that I needed and share my experience and crazy thoughts without being judged. I appreciate you, ladies.

• Options
    @FuzzyDust so glad they can fit you in tomorrow and moved up your US! Hope tomorrow brings you some reassurance. Definitely don’t feel bad about asking for what you need - we are our own best advocates! 

@callmemrsbobbins congrats!! Have you had any symptoms start showing up, yet? That’s amazing that you have a supportive boss, too. I definitely appreciate this group so I have someone besides my H to talk about this with! 

@crazyladywithacat glad you’re loving the new job! And that’s great you have the option to wfh, though I imagine going in sometimes is nice for a change of pace :) 
  • Options
    @halfanewt nothing really besides bbs feel full/heavy and I sleep a lot more.  I really love this forum too, it’s so nice to have a group of people that understand.
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins totally count as symptoms! Good luck tomorrow! 

@FuzzyDust thinking of you today. 
  • Options
    Went in for beta today, HCG is 443! I go in for another draw on Monday, but my nurse said this is great for now. ☺️ I started over 2 years ago and cannot believe I made it to this milestone. 
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins congrats!!! That’s a great first beta! 
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins - this is awesome! Congrats! how many days post transfer was your beta and how many embryos did you transfer?
  • Options
    FuzzyDustFuzzyDust member
    edited October 2020
    Got a call about my 3rd Beta: 19dpt - 7174. According to the nurse, those are appropriate levels and I shouldn't have any reason to worry about it  <3
    Also, the nausea came back yesterday - yay  :D
  • Options
    Many good news here! Glad to see all the awesome numbers! 5 days till my first US. Nervous!
  • Options
    @halfanewt thank you!!!

@FuzzyDust that’s a great number for your third beta! ☺️ Thank you for the congrats, I transferred one, untested. My nurse said they usually like to see “over 25”. 

@crazyladywithacat Good luck on your US! FX
  • Options
    @FuzzyDust that’s awesome! Glad you went in :) 

@crazyladywithacat so exciting! 
  • Options
    @callmemrsbobbins 🤞 for good news today! 

@crazyladywithacat Is your US tomorrow? So exciting! 
  • Options
    How is everyone feeling?
    The symptoms are beating me up, but at least I don't have to worry about them being gone  :#
    I'm also starting to get very excited/nervous about the ultrasound this Thursday! Eeeee...
  • Options
    I was very nervous about the Ultrasound this morning because my symptoms come and go, but I'm happy to report that everything is 'A+' (my doctor's word). I saw the little one on screen with healthy heartbeat 150. So happy! I was crying right after I saw it and when I call my husband I was still crying so he was scared for about 2 seconds before I told him everything is fine.  

@fuzzydust best of luck on Thursday! with your ongoing symptoms i'm sure everything is A+ too!
  • Options
    Thanks, @crazyladywithacat. So happy to hear about your A+ ultrasound result and a strong hearbeat! Do you have more appointments with RE, or are they graduating you to OB now?
  • Options
    Graduated. Today is my 7 weeks 3 days. I'm scheduling appointment with my OB from now on.
  • Options
    @crazyladywithacat congrats on graduating! That’s so exciting! 

@FuzzyDust glad the symptoms are back in force! Only 2 days to US! 

I’m feeling pretty good, but get pretty nauseous if I don’t eat every 2 hours. I’m taking it as a good sign. Impatiently waiting for the 16th...