December 2020 Moms

*TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

Re: *TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

• Update - I had some spotting start this morning with mild cramps. Called the doc and they are squeezing me in the afternoon. My gut is just telling me it’s not good. 
  • hham10hham10 member
    @cheers28 thinking of you today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    edited May 2020
    @cheers28 Thinking of you!
    DS born 2016
  • @cheers28 thinking of you also and praying everything will be ok for you ❤️ 
  • @cheers28 praying for good news. 
  • akorosakoros member
    edited May 2020
    Freaking out...went to the bathroom (in the middle of a virtual meeting) and saw some brown spots on my underwear. Super light, no cramping (beyond the very very mild pains that are exactly the same as my last pregnancy), pregnancy symptoms are the same (if anything stronger the past day or two), but I'm still starting to freak out. Of course it happened after my doctor's office closed. I sent a message, but I doubt anyone will respond today. I know it's probably pretty squarely in the "normal" camp, but I can't help going into a "here we go again..." anxiety/depression spiral.
  • @akoros so sorry to hear this and sorry your freaking out. sending you lots of positive vibes and hugs during this stressful time. I'm hoping it goes away for you. 
  • Well ladies, unfortunately I am out. No heartbeat and they could tell tissue is getting ready to pass. Good news is I shouldn't need any meds or a D&C. OB wants me to follow up in a month (as long as I have no issues) and we are going to start running some tests to see if we can determine why I have reoccurring miscarriages.
  • akorosakoros member
    I'm so sorry @cheers28
  • jchpgjchpg member
    @akoros I’m sending you positive vibes, I hope all is OK and you get confirmation soon.

@cheers28 I am so sorry. Take good care of yourself, sending you healing thoughts nothing is easy about this. 
  • @cheers28 I’m so so sorry 🌻
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @cheers28 I am so sorry. I hope you can get some answers soon. 💕💕

@akoros sending you good thoughts.💕💕
  • So sorry @cheers28, sending hugs
  • @cheers28 So sorry to hear that. Take good care of yourself and I hope you get the answers you need soon. Thinking of you!
  • @akoros Sorry to hear you’re experiencing more uncertainty. I hope the doctor is able to provide reassurance and that it resolves soon.
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    @cheers28 I’m so sorry! 

@akoros I hope they can get you in tmrw! Thinking of you! 
    DS born 2016
  • hham10hham10 member
    @cheers28 I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope they can start running tests and figure out what is going on. Take care of yourself. 
  • @cheers28 I'm so sorry! I pray that you are able to get some answers soon. 
  • @cheers28 I’m so sorry :( I hope you get answers soon.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @cheers28 I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope your able to get some much needed answers. Please take care of yourself. Sending you lots of love and hugs ❤️
  • @cheers28 so sorry. Hoping they can give you some answers.
  • @cheers28 I'm so sorry. I hope they figure it out, it's an "easy" fix, and you get your rainbow baby. 
  • akorosakoros member
    Spoke to a NP, who tried to assuage my worries. They're bumping up my first appointment from next Friday to this Friday (any earlier and they're concerned that it'd be too early to see the heartbeat, which would cause more anxiety). She didn't sound overly concerned, which I guess is helpful, but I'll still be walking on eggshells until Friday
  • @cheers28 I am so sorry for your loss. 
    @akoros Friday seems so long to wait when you’re going through this. I hope time speeds up for you and everything is ok on Friday. 
  • akorosakoros member
    Glad to hear that you could see the heartbeat, @hham10! Hope your ultrasound went well. 
  • hham10hham10 member
    So I’m still having some very light brown discharge and only when I check for it but it’s been going in for about a week. I’ve been finding the hb on my Doppler but it still makes me a tad uneasy. Anyone else deal with this before? I put in a call to my ob but I have a feeling they won’t be worried about it. 
  • dobiemom11dobiemom11 member
    edited May 2020
    @hham10. I have been having that daily since about 5 weeks.  Everything looked fine on the ultrasound.  The doctor couldn't find an explanation, but said not to worry unless it got really heavy and lots of cramping.  I think someone else posted earlier not to worry unless you can fill a pad in a couple hours.  So I wouldn't worry too much (of course I have to tell myself that EVERY single time I see it as well).  

Edited: just wanted to add that I am 9w1d, so it had been happening for like a month now.  
  • akorosakoros member
    @hham10 Mine has mostly stopped, but I do periodically see some brown discharge when I wipe (yes, I'm inspecting my toilet paper every time). Definitely talk to your doctor, but in my case they didn't see anything amiss. The NP said it could be leftover blood from my last period, or the period I didn't have, and it's very very common. Some goods signs are 1) it's brown, 2) it's very little, and 3) no other symptoms like cramping. I was told to monitor it, no exercise or sex until my next appointment (those can cause some bleeding, so it's a way to isolate causes), but mostly not to worry unless it turns red, gets much heavier, and there's cramping. That said, it's very hard not to worry.
  • @hham10 Echoing what the others said that it’s very likely nothing to worry about but you should call your doctor so they can monitor it.

I had spotting on and off from about 4w5 - 8w. It started reddish for the first few days and then was brown for the rest. I’m now 11w and everything has resolved with a healthy bean.

Brown means older blood, meaning it’s likely not an active bleed, but your body is just getting rid of some that’s been around a while. If there’s no cramping, it could have been a small SCH or even just a bit of old blood from some irritation to your cervix.

You doctor will take a look and let you know if she has any recs for modifying activity or avoiding sex (but you may want to take it easy and avoid sex for now just for peace of mind, since they can cause bleeding from irritation).

Good luck! Hoping everything is ok and it resolves quickly. It’s scary no matter how normal you know it is but try not to worry too much.

• hham10hham10 member
    Thank you ladies! The nurse today said just take it easy and no heavy lifting or sex right now but they aren’t worried right now. Everything looked great at the last US so I’m thinking it’s ok but just a little nervous. Some days I won’t see any and it’s actually not enough to even get on my underwear I’m more so looking for it. Just one of those things I may have to get used to I guess. 
  • @hham10 Glad to hear the doctors were reassuring! When I had mine I’d also check constantly and would go to the bathroom to wipe way more than normal. That probably just made it worse by irritating everything. Hope you can relax and feel confident that everything is ok!
  • @laurenspdx. I never thought about that, but I have probably been doing that as well (going more often to check which just makes it worse).  I also noticed it seems to happen more on days when I don't drink as much as I should.  
  • @dobiemom11 Ya I had to be really deliberate to try and only go to the bathroom when I really had to. Hydrating definitely helps too! Dryness can exacerbate irritation. Hope you’re doing ok! A month is a long time to deal with it. Hope it resolves soon.
  • I haven't had any spotting with this pregnancy. At the beginning, about a week before I knew I was pregnant I had terrible cramps. I thought they were pms cramps and that my period would start any day. The cramps were more intense then my usual pms cramps, waking me up at night more than once. I had a miscarriage a year ago (blighted ovum) and never had any cramping or bleeding with that one either. I had found out at 8w2d last year through bloodwork and utlrasound and had a D&C. I'm 9 weeks today and have no morning sickness, breast tenderness is gone and I just don't "feel" pregnant. I have 3 children and with each pregnancy I had severe morning sickness. Last year with my miscarriage I also had no sickness and didn't "feel" pregnant. I have my first appointment this wednesday so I will finally have some answers. I did do bloodwork at 6 weeks, it went up within an acceptable range, however it was on the low end of the hcg level spectrum.
  • @islandmom11 I’m sorry to hear of your loss from last year. This is definitely one of my fears as I won’t get my first ultrasound until Tuesday when I’ll be almost 11 weeks. This is my 4th and I’m not chill right now like I thought I’d be. My symptoms have subsided as well, but I think that can be expected at this point too. I’m just trying to keep faith that every pregnancy is different and trying to preoccupy myself until my appointment. Hugs! 
  • @BmcD2016 thank you! I thought I would be chill too, seeing as this isn't the first time around the block, but I literally cannot think of anything else. Best of luck with your US, let us know how it goes!
  • @islandmom11 Really hoping that everything works out for you! Each pregnancy can definitely be different and symptoms can be so unpredictable. I had all morning sickness just stop around 8w and I was also nervous enough to call my doctor. Luckily they saw me and did an early u/s. Could your doctor maybe do the same? I really hope everything is ok and that you can get some peace of mind!

@BmcD2016 Hoping that all goes well for you as well and that you’re able to get good news and relax and enjoy your pregnancy!
  • Can I ask if any of you have experienced a SCH before? I was diagnosed with one during my ultrasound yesterday at 8w. I wasn’t told the size of it. I haven’t had any bleeding or other symptoms from it yet but the OB told me not to be surprised if I do experience some in the coming weeks. The information I find on google about seems conflicting but I’m curious if any of you have first hand experience you could share!