November 2020 Moms
Options

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lalarose22 they found my bleed on the first ultrasound which was at 8 weeks. The OB told me that 75% of pregnancies have them. A lot are not detected because people don’t always have a us that early and usually resolve themselves. She didn’t seem very concerned about it just told me to have pelvic rest and no hard exercising. It was absorbed by 12 weeks. Your body may be just be taking longer to absorb it, I think mine was pretty small. I hope this can give you some reassurance that everything will be okay! Hugs.
  • Options
    @babywiik haha 🤣 actually we're set on names. Space hog is Georgie (Georgina Rebecca) and Hidey is Dottie (Dorothy Joanne) 😍

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @kelk5 they found marginal cord insertion at my anatomy scan as well. OB said not to worry as long as baby keeps measuring properly! Glad the heart looked great ❤
  • Options
    @bundleofjoy4iluvu we were team green the first time. I packed a gender neutral outfit but once the baby was born had my mom go to the store and buy a few outfits. She brought them up to the hospital! This was obviously pre-covid though 😕
  • Options
    @bundleofjoy4iluvu I'm pretty not into gendered baby clothes, so we just took gender neutral clothes to the hospital and that's what he mostly wore in general.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @Ecat504 that is such a great pic with her legs tucked up <3 I just called our hospital to confirm that MH could come to the AS tomorrow AM and he can! He is SOOOO excited.

@mama-buckets Awww what a sweet pic of her blowing you a kiss :love: I've never seen an US pic from that angle/like that before how fun!  That's such a bummer YH had to wait in the car :(

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    babywiikbabywiik member
    edited July 2020
    @surlyjaneausten In case your interested when it gets closer to your due date and if baby is still breech, a friend of mine had luck making her breech baby turn by putting peppermint oil on the top of her belly near the babys head. She is a huge fan of essential oils and I don't know a lot about it so maybe do your own research but I thought it was interesting and worth a try if it would make the birth easier!
  • Options
    I am absolutely loving all of these adorable AS ultrasound pictures! 
  • Options
    @babywiik yes! That is one of the main reasons you have to stop peppermint oil after the 1st trimester as it can cause the baby to turn, but in your friend's case, the baby turned in a helpful direction! I was drinking it in my water during 1st trimester as it helped SO much with nausea.
  • Options
    @magdaaaa I *believe* aside from checking for the 4 chambers they look for the input/output vessels.  Not sure if there's anything else.  That's what the tech noted/talked about with Baby A and her measurements were all good. 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @magdaaaa That happened to me. I had my 1st A/S at 19 weeks and had to come back at 21 weeks to complete pictures of the smaller vessels in the heart. Everything was totally normal and on track. The doctors was super reassuring at the 1st scan that they weren't asking me to come back because they saw something suspicious - Baby was just sooooo active that it was nearly impossible to get the pictures necessary. Definitely, don't worry too much about it!
    (also, you are going to have to tell me what Lort means? I looked it up and all I can find is League of Royal Theaters, which I doubt you mean, here. Also, it means sh*t in Danish?)
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley it is another way for saying Lord lol! It has become pretty common recently, but I am not quite sure where it started haha!