June 2020 Moms
Options

March Randoms

Re: March Randoms

• Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail ouch hope you feel better soon!

@runwmusic I will for sure! Their liquidation sale started today so hopefully they have a decent selection by the time we get there
  • Options
    Apparently nesting this time around is in the form of me wanting to sell everything in our house to fund what I want for the new baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee haha i feel the same actually! 🙈😂

@runwmusic @SpartanCat i heard it was just 15% off, did you find that it was something different when you went? I also heard they are planning on keeping their doors open until May, so unless you have something specific in mind, it may make sense to wait a couple weeks to see if the discount increases!! It feels so strange that artvan will no longer exist. Not that we necessarily shop there, it just feels strange. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brose1117 I've never gone in before. It I need a dresser for the nursery still. Well I haven't even started on the nursery yet but I at least have a crib picked out 🤣

Insomnia is the worst. I was up from 3 to 5 then ds decided 530 is wake up time. 😭
  • Options
    @brose1117 @runwmusic it's been quite controversial so far. I got there last night around six and they were closed. They're supposed to be open until nine. They said they'd reopen at 10am today so I went today, we got there at 10, there was a big line. They said they weren't letting people in until 1030 and the liquidation sale didn't even start until Monday. We just left. So even with the not great discount, they're still really busy at our location. I just wanted a glider rocker :(
  • Options
    @brose1117 in the last 24 hours I’ve sold 2 baby carriers and my wedding cake stand to fund the 3 new baby carriers I want 🙈 it’s a problem. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee I signed up for a pre-order for another wrap with no intention of selling anything until after June baby arrives so you are light-years ahead of me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn my husband is so impressed, I haven’t broken the news that there’s already one baby carrier on the way. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee I had my MIL get me an ergo embrace for Christmas 😂 I feel you!!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee Share pictures when it gets to you! <3 

We've been doing a lot of physical work yesterday and today to get ready for DS1's big boy room.  Our helpers (my parents) were like "oh yeah, any weekend in March" and then when I touched base with them on Wednesday they were like "this weekend or April." So... it's this weekend. Thank goodness I've spent the past several weekends cleaning up the fabric I had all over my unofficial "craft" room.  Yesterday, my dad and DH swapped the ceiling fan in our guest room (soon to be DS1's big boy room) while I toddler wrangled and drove the Home Depot shuttle.  Today, I disassembled and put our old daybed on Buy Nothing; it gets picked up tomorrow. We moved all the other big furniture out. Tomorrow we paint with my step mom's help while DH & and my dad go to IKEA for the new dresser. I'm already exhausted. (Also my step mom stresses me out, but free help always has some cost associated with it.)  Phew! It will be nice to have the big pieces of the project done way in advance. Then I can do fun stuff, like build the new twin bed, help move his favorite books into his new room, and pick a window covering that's both toddler safe and will transition back to a guest room nicely. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone had anything like this? From what I googled seems normal enough, but just not fun. Happened around 8 or 9 weeks, about a month ago and this afternoon. Basically my stomach starts hurting really badly like I have to go to the bathroom. I start getting all sweaty, and feel like I might throw up from the pain, but don’t. I end up having big burps and do end up going to the bathroom. The whole ordeal lasts about 30 mins or so and after I feel like I have the chills and am tired/week. But then I feel fine and back to normal after a little bit. I think it may be gas pockets that are painful since I read that everything slows down in the digestive track, and I’m definitely not as regular as I used to be. Anyway just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? It’s my first pregnancy, so i have no idea! Thanks! 
  • Options
    @spvern i think i had something similar in first trimester. i remember getting sweaty and emotional but then it would pass, or at least I’d wake up better. I’m sorry lady! 🙁👎🏻
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @spvern ugh I had this last night. I woke up and felt awful and thought for sure I was going to puke. Once it passes I felt better but it made for a really rough night of sleep. 
  • Options
    I really hope my immune system is back to normal post partum. I have my third eye infection now and this ish is getting really really old. 
  • Options
    @spvern does this happen after food? Within 30 minutes of eating? I had bad stomach issues for about a month in first tri and would retch gas/burps and have HORRIBLE stomach pains. Gas and constipation so bad I couldn't eat because there was no room in my body. 
    -Turns out I'm completely gluten intolerant. If I accidentally get glutened even now I get sick. My Primary can't test me for anything either until after pregnancy. Keep a good diary and see if your symptoms can be traced back to an allergen food or something triggering. 
    married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • Options
    Sorry I’ve been so quiet! I’ve been applying for my LAST uk visa and it’s given me so much anxiety. Luckily it was approved today so I won’t be kicked out of the country when I’m 6 months pregnant 🤣.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @spvern I’ve had this happen but I’m weird. Pregnancy gives me diarrhea (or very loose BMs technically) several times a day instead of the opposite. What you’re describing doesn’t happen all the time, but when it’s going to be really bad, that does happen. I always feel better after I go. Could be that or maybe you’ve gotten a spot of food poisoning/stomach bug when it’s happened since it’s not frequent. If it keeps happening, obviously bring it up with your provider, but I’m just careful to drink lots of water and balance my foods!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    @kyrwyn I'm a little late to this thread this month but thanks SO much for posting the update on the revised CA PFL policy. I had no idea and still thought it was 6. I'm still pretty confused about how it all works and layers together with disability, but I have a conversation with HR scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully it'll clear things up. 

@spvern Something similar happened this weekend for the first time! I felt nauseous, and then weak, and then got hot flashes. I had to move from the bed to lay on the floor because it was cooler. Felt better in about 30 minutes. 
  • Options
    kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited March 2020
    @mariabele The way it worked in my last pregnancy was: you file for SDI (6 weeks vaginal birth, 8 weeks C-section) first. Then you roll your claim to PFL as your SDI ends. I could file everything online for both, and there were forms for my doctor and my employer to fill out and send in.  They send you a special debit card and you get paid on that for both your SDI and PFL. You can manage your whole claim process online and they only call you of they need additional explanation for anything. 

Dads file PFL with the state in the same way. It was surprisingly efficient and simple! 

Edited to add: Your state paid time off is additive, SDI + PFL. SDI doesn't consume your PFL time. I believe, but you'd definitely want to check with your HR, that the 12 weeks protected by CFRA (similar to FMLA, but CA specific) start with your PFL claim and that technically you have 12 protected weeks after your SDI claim elapses for PFL and bonding time (unpaid). During SDI and PFL you're still responsible for your contributions to your health care premiums, so you can talk to your HR about "coordinating your PTO" so that you technically get paid a bit, but it's just enough to cover those benefits and you don't have to pay out of pocket.  DH's company doesn't do this very well, so we end up paying our premiums out of pocket, but he has extra time off due to having to spend down his PTO. 

I'd get in to see HR soon, so you can plan and budget for your leave. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Since I have a Drs apt tomorrow I’m going to mention it to her and let you guys know what she says. It does happen after I eat, but not right away. I just have a feeling it’s gas pockets that hurt badly. 
  • Options
    I’ve officially gotten to the stage where bending over is way too much effort. I need to get a grab stick ha 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 I look ridiculous when I bend over. Starting to feel big! 
  • Options
    Yep. Anything on the floor is officially dead to me too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 I had trouble putting on my socks this morning. 🙈
  • Options
    We had our fetal echo today. Heart looks perfect and baby is measuring a few days behind (20th %ile) but still within normal.  Apparently this is odd for gestational diabetics, so they told me to expect him to get (much) bigger. But big brother was bottom of the growth curves when he was born so I'm not sharing their optimism. DH told me to scout for newborn & preemie diapers sales, so he's not buying it either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @kyrwyn that's super helpful!!
  • Options
    I’m trying to stay calm about coronavirus but they’re saying it’s could peak here in June... right in time for baby! Im worried about how the health service will handle it and am just waiting every day to be told we’re adopting an Italy style isolation policy. Not how I expected my third trimester to go!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m with you @hayhay2501. There are a few confirmed cases in surrounding counties and I’m just waiting for the hospitals to start taking drastic measures. This might sound horrible, but I’m not as concerned with my health as I am with the impact on my birth experience and getting to introduce my son to his new sister.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    My state declared emergency, admitted we have community transmission, but still don't have ability to test people for it unless they have a confirmed exposure....due to lack of tests available, they're being hoarded. There's a confirmed case, plus several suspects at the hospital my doctor delivers at, which is on the same campus as his office, and he travels back and forth all day. My friend's husband likely has it, but can't get tested, and she and 4 of the 5 kids in the house are immune compromised. It's getting real here. 

I'm also seeing my home birth midwife regularly, so I'm considering canceling my doctor appointments as he's only backup anyway. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Coronavirus is in my county and Illinois declared emergency to be able to use the national guard and national funding for testing. Dr said I'm at no more risk to get it being pregnant than anyone else my age and basically they don't know what the impact would be on the baby. She also said children under 9 aren't really at risk but she can't say how young below 9 is. Bad timing but just trying not to think about it. My dad is supposed to come visit and help install our kitchen cabinets but looks like dh will be doing that alone. I don't want to expose his weakened immune system to anything extra. 
  • Options
    I work in a hospital and can confirm I am exhausted 
  • Options
    The first case in my county was diagnosed today in the building that I have 2 doctors appointments at tomorrow.  I thought I would have more time before this got scary. 
  • Options
    I work in Los Angeles and it's spreading here.  Many universities are switching to online only.  Some schools too.  Our life likely won't be impacted a ton - the kids are homeschooled, DH is a SAHD, and I can work from home - but I am concerned about the impact to those in high risk categories, hospitals being overwhelmed, the vast homeless population as well as long term economy impact. :(

We have two people in our small church of 80 that were placed on in-home quarantine due to exposure at an ER, so our church has discontinued services for at least 2 weeks.
  • Options
    It’s just starting here but I’m super nervous for my parents (a diabetic and an asthmatic both who work in healthcare). 

I’m not as nervous for me. With so many complications on the table already for my case, I know I’d have priority care if I needed it-but I don’t want to have that obviously. I’m most nervous about how the shut downs will affect the care I’m able to have at delivery-will they have the medications I need? Platelet transfusions? Staff to perform any needed surgeries? Obviously hoping I don’t need all those things again but it’s what is on my mind. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    Yay 100 days!!!
  • Options
    There are 15 cases in my county, but plenty more in the entire SF Bay Area. Sigh. But I already work from home so I'm just continuing the hermit life. I really hope the situation stabilizes soon...for everyone's sake. I typically don't buy into mass panic, but pregnancy adds a worry twist.
  • Options
    @Kjack85 this is how I feel as well. If the hospitals are overrun in June what does that mean for the birth I’ll have. Obviously i am also very concerned about the overall situation but on a personal level that’s where i go!! I guess we all just have to take it a day at a time! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't too worried about the Coronavirus until a conference call I had at work today. There was an economist as guest speaker on the call who mentioned some terrifying stats about healthcare shortages and the impact it will have on all people who will need to have medical care. And of course he said they are predicting things to be at their worst in May & June. I went from a 2 on the stress scale to a 100!

I do live in an area with many confirmed cases right now so hospitals are already stepping up precautions. I found out today that my hospital will be restricting people delivering a baby to one guest only. If you have a partner and a Douala, then you'll have to choose one. After delivery, there will be no guests allowed. No grandparents, no siblings. I think this is bumming me out more than anything. I know these safety precautions are a good thing but it still makes me sad.