August 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 2/3

Re: Weekly randoms 2/3

• Options
    @blackgirlmagic Your company sounds interesting that they let your family gift you their vacation time... how cool!!  Hope that works out smoothly for you!
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Options
    @laur84ns I have a doppler. I have used it my pregnancies that have shown a hb. I found ds1 at 9weeks, ds2 at 10 w, and this babe briefly at 9.5w. That said, I know what I am listening for, I have zero torso, so not a lot of "searching" ground, and I feel around for baby before I start. I dont use it often, but when PGAL rears it's head, it helps. That said, I give myself a 10 minute time limit. If I dont find it, I put it up and try again later. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ziggymama06 I work for the federal government. My dad and I work in two different agencies but we are under the same department so we can share with one another. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @laur84ns I have a Doppler and used it with DD but I had to restrict to once a week or I would have been obsessed. I am out of gel so I haven’t used it yet this pregnancy. It is really stressful when you can’t find the HB right away. However, now that I know more about your healthcare system, it might give you some reassurance. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kgrgreen @fitandnerdy Ok, sounds like I’d just worry myself by not being able to find a heartbeat this early on so I think that’s all I need to know to resist buying one. Thanks guys. 
    @wildrainbow Wow, you’ve managed to find heartbeats really early! Sounds like you know what you’re doing. I don’t have a particularly short torso and I have a bit of extra... pudge from my first two pregnancies so I think I’d struggle to find it this early :smile:
    @tara4910 Thanks for the feedback! It sounds like it might be something fun to try if I’m still feeling anxious in the second trimester!
  • Options
    @ziggymama06 I'm so glad everything went well today! One less thing to worry about, and it sounds like he's being flexible about things, too. Great news!
  • Options
    Aww congrats @ziggymama06...bet it feels good the convo went so well! 
  • Options
    @RedBaramid that does seem like a good price for some reassurance! Fingers crossed your insurance situation gets resolved before then so you don't need to do that!

@jwhite3116 that's so odd lol. I'm also not much of a hugger and would have been really weirded out by that. I taught HS for a few years and definitely would have not liked my principal to give me a hug  :D
  • Options
    @psychobutthead YES my black car is obsessed with lying on and kneading my belly each and every time I’m pregnant. He never does it otherwise. It gets pretty comical when he tries to do it around 39/40 weeks :lol:

@RedBaramid Yikes, I’m sorry if I made you spiral and worry, but I think you know what my advice is gonna be - get the scan! $65 is nothing compared to peace of mind before sharing your news. 
  • Options
    @gomillis thats so sweet of you to bring it in for the night. Hopefully its chipped.

@laur84ns omg you should film it this pregnancy 😆
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @gomillis I love that you reunited the lost dog with their owners   <3
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    @psychobutthead Yes, my sweet dog follows me around non-stop! I work from home most of the time so she stays with me in the office. Even if I get up to go to the bathroom she follows!
  • Options
    @psychobutthead I've totally noticed this with my cat but thought it was maybe in my head. She's a shy cuddler (likes to stay near my feet, lower legs, and doesn't really like to be pet), but lately she has been coming right up to snuggle near my belly and let's me love on her. I'm really loving it! 
  • Options
    riatortillaxo enjoy your long weekend and that nap! ;) 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @BusinessWife Seriously??!!  The October board keeps throwing me on the desktop version as Aug has been bumped up.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    Yay!  Great update @psychobutthead
  • Options
    @psychobutthead How wonderful! Baby is looking so cute! ❤
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Options
    @psychobutthead The app has been so crappy for me this week but specifically came here now looking for your update! So happy to see it went well 💙💙
  • Options
    @psychobutthead Yay!!!!!! I’m so happy for you! Your baby looks beautiful! 
  • Options
    @jwhite3116 The app hasn’t worked for me for a couple of weeks ☹️. I’m glad your scan went well! Nun theory was right on the money for mine, but I didn’t totally believe it until we got the “official” verdict. 
  • Options
    @jwhite3116 Wow. What a big day. You definitely deserve a break this weekend! 
  • Options
    @psychobutthead Yay! I'm so happy everything went well! I hope the acne wash helps. I've had cystic acne for years (only really getting a break during this pregnancy), so I know how crippling it is on the self-esteem, not to mention downright painful.