May 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms (1/6 - 1/12)

124»

Re: Randoms (1/6 - 1/12)

• Options
    @adventuresawait2 We are not into screen time for the kids at all, but when traveling for hours, DVDs in the car were a total game changer. My kids are 3.5 and 5, so that you're probably not quite there yet. But I highly recommend it when your oldest is a little older.
  • Options
    @rox7777 that sounds tough. Impressed that you did so well when they were young. Hope that someday you get to catch up on your sleep! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @drkoyya Sorry about that with your cat. I hope I didn't sound judgey-I totally get just trying to sleep through things. I hate that I can't really anymore, that needless adrenaline is awful.

Traveling with a 1.5 year old wasn't SO bad. Snacks keep them happy, and we did totally put a portable DVD player into car, and shamelessly let him watch the entire drive until it was bedtime/nap time. He slept not worse.

Two kids sometimes makes me feel insane. Our oldest was always a bad sleeper, but I did get him night weaned before baby arrived, and had my husband deal with night stuff for him starting when third trimester started and still does. But he didn't really consistently sleep through the night until 3, he did it on and off starting at 22 months, but more off than on-I think it was night terrors a lot.

When he was 2 and I had a newborn the kids waking each other up during naps, even in separate rooms, was awful.

My second is a better sleeper, but not good. I night weaned her just about a month ago, because pregnant mom needs sleep. We also moved them into same room. What that means though is when she wakes up for 2 min sometime between 5 and 6, and passes back out-her older brother wakes up and won't go back down, and then he wakes her up and they're both up early for the day and miserable.

We've had some luck with an OK-to-wake clock helping that, but sometimes he just doesn't care and starts being obnoxious early anyway, and sometimes I think they both were exhausted and would have slept longer....but clock lighting up woke them. So....mixed bag.

I'm right now solo parenting as my husband has his third business trip this month already (they're short, but I'm pregnant with a broken pelvis and I SAH) with a 1 and 3 year old in a house with stairs. It's just...no fun.

And of course, today was an early morning, and the first time younger one climbed out of her bed instead of napping, so we're all starting this trip totally miserable.

Maybe our third will like sleep? If not, at least the early years are all overlapping and therefore will be past us faster? That's what we keep hoping at least.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD is on a sleep strike right now. She doesn’t fight naptime or bedtime, and once she’s asleep she stays asleep. It’s getting her to settle down and go to sleep that’s the problem. As I type this, she has been partying in her crib for 45 minutes, just playing and singing to herself. I don’t anticipate her actually falling asleep, but at this point I don’t even care because she’s “resting,” and if I don’t get a couple of hours’ break in the middle of the day, I lose my mind.
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail fingers crossed for you that your third is a sleeper! Hope the trip goes by quickly for you and that the kiddos aren’t too tough - that sounds like a difficult situation but I’m sure you’ve got it! Interesting to hear your experience with the wake clock. 

@soprano19 ugh that’s no fun. Hope your daughter stops resisting sleep soon!