May 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms (1/6 - 1/12)

Re: Randoms (1/6 - 1/12)

• Options
    @mokay19 I didn’t say it but I’ve received a welcome box from Amazon, Babylist and Target— I like free stuff. 

Amazon isn’t entirely free. You have to have Amazon prime, create a baby registry with enough stuff according to their “checklist”, and make a minimum $purchase from the registry (less than $20). I bought a belly band and a childcare book that I added to the registry. Once you do that, you’ll get a notification to order your free kit. For Amazon’s notorious 2 day shopping, it took about a week to get it. 

Babylist gives you a BUNCH for just $10. Basically just paying for shipping. You make your registry and then pay the money for the welcome box. 

Target is completely free but it had the less amount of goodies. Just make your registry and go in-store to claim it. Their welcome box is mostly samples of products but they give you a coupon book to get a discount on all the samples. 

Below are photos of the Babylist and Amazon boxes. 

Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @mokay19 I probably just have to go back and check some boxes on mine then!  I need to revisit it soon and see what I’m missing too.  I’m sure I have some things to delete or edit as well.  It’s been awhile since I looked at it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @drkoyya I have all the boxes checked and about 40 things on the registry... I added some pull-ups for DD and bought those the other day to hopefully count! How long did it take to receive the notification to order your welcome box?
  • Options
    @mokay19 It did take a day or two to get the notification. I remember buying the book because I didn’t think it picked up that I bought the belly band. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @mokay19 @pirateduck I think you have to purchase (or someone purchases) at least $35 worth of product off your registry to receive the box.
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 GL at your check!  Hopefully everything is okay!  I fell on the ice on my driveway this morning, but aside from re-irritating my bad back, I'm not hurt.  Thankfully I've been feeling movement since then.  Hope you're both okay and you're not too sore!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    Okay, I figured it out! Since I’m a user as the “household account” I had to log into DH’s since he’s the primary and go to the registry offers and click “Claim It”

Phew! It is only $10 that you have to spend after all. And you don’t have to register for something in every category but just have all the boxes checked. 

@pirateduck @drkoyya @rachelg777
    Thank you all for your assistance!
  • Options
    @mokay19 Good to know! I might just do that now. Thanks!
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 hope everything goes well at your check! That's so scary, but baby should be well protected in there.  And scary for your DS to have to watch also :(

Another note on the amazon box and timing you should get a notice to get your welcome box after the $10 worth of items have shipped so it isn't immediately after buying just FYI for anyone else reading :)
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 I'm glad you are going in to get checked. Hopefully everything is fine. I fell down the stairs last pregnancy, but it was more like my legs gave out and I slid down on my but several steps.

@mokay19 I made my registry, this time its just for me so I've been putting stuff for DD on there too. I bought a few things off of there, I think a book and some bamboo plates and bowls which totaled at least whatever there minimum was, I think $10. You have to be a prime member, if you aren't you can sign up for the free trial I believe. Then after the items have shipped and billed you click on the welcome box tab, then you can "claim" your box. It takes a while for amazon to recognize that you have fulfilled all their requirements, I think I had to wait like a week after I received my qualifying shipment. But I do think they were "creating more welcome boxes" at the time. Basically you have to add it to your cart and "purchase" it. But it doesn't charge you for it at all.

Here is the FAQ from Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1003000081

Here is a website that describes the process and has some screen shots.
    https://www.gentlenursery.com/natural-baby-registry-guide/how-to-get-free-baby-registry-welcome-box/
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I think you have to register for the stuff and do the qualifying purchase and then you can just unregister for it. If I recall correctly...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @catem07 I was able to go to view checklist and just check off all the boxes without actually adding any items in order to get the free stuff. Plus the one purchase, which took time to register. I'm a secondary user and I didn't even have to switch to MH's account to then place the order for the box. It says it's $35 and then when you get to checkout shows you're using a promo and not actually paying for it. 
  • Options
    @pirateduck my husband asked me last night if I wanted to go on a quick last minute trip before the babies come, and I thought about it for a half second, and then remembered how big of a buzkill I would be 🤣
  • Options
    @bender29 go!  I can't wait.  My husband keeps asking if I want to go random places, but it will be like 2 days before and I'm like, did you find someone to take care of our pets?  He's bad at planning.  I suspect I'll do a short trip with him somewhere too, maybe Taos or Santa Fe or something for a weekend.  He's not invited on the Vegas trip.
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 right before Christmas I got tangled up on the back porch with one of the kids' cars and fell flat on my back. I hit my head hard and it scared me a good bit. My OB said they usually aren't concerned unless you fall on your belly. Even so I was terrified for a while after that. That was my second bad fall this pregnancy. I'm super clumsy this time. I'm so glad you and baby are okay too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista that’s not good either. I am
    glad you are okay too I’m super sore but I’ll live and I got the old take some Tylenol and was like um that doesn’t help anyways and I hate taking anything when pregnant so I’m sitting on my heat pad. How is the new place!?
  • Options
    @pirateduck i did a babymoon to Vegas with my first! It was fun, but walking the strip did a number on me and caused a TON of BH contractions (I was probably also dehydrated). It was super fun though!
  • Options
    mamaqdubu said:
    @pirateduck i did a babymoon to Vegas with my first! It was fun, but walking the strip did a number on me and caused a TON of BH contractions (I was probably also dehydrated). It was super fun though!
    I'm excited.  I've been to Vegas several times, but my sister has never been, so it will be fun to explore with her!
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 I didn't! I decided to take the plunge this time. That's perfect about your sis! Does she live close by? So nice your mom sent your travel system, it's getting real!
  • Options
    @sunshinesea22 that’s an amazing surprise! I can’t decide what travel system I want or pack n play 
  • Options
    @mamj1220 a pack n play is the one big item I cannot decide on and need immediately.  We decided to put a pack n play in the master for baby to sleep in when she comes home for the first 6 months to a year.  I’ve looked at bassinets too but it sounds as if baby will outgrow one quickly and a pack n play is more versatile for more time.  
  • Options
    I’m so bored at work today. Luckily I have meetings with some of my clients later but being alone in this office is boring and creepy.
  • Options
    I’ve been debating the bassinet thing for weeks. We have a full size bed in the nursery for the first few months, because I hope to have her sleep in the crib immediately. BUT both of my boys hated their crib and I’m going back and forth with getting a bassinet just in case. I guess I could amazon prime it if she’s a little devil and hates everything like number 2 did. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @pirateduck I think playpen is the best possible option. This one is my favorite: https://www.best-pack-n-play.com/baby-trend-nursery-center-playard-review/. It's fairly easy to set up and is great for naps, for playing, for newborns needing the bassinet or for toddlers needing the lowered bottom. I absolutely love this playard. This item is worth the money and a great buy. I would highly recommend it!!!
  • Options
    mamaqdubumamaqdubu member
    edited January 2020
    @chichiphin when it's time to out a phish, i appreciate the deep lurker status lol. Thank you. 

My random for the day is that I ordered a Nugget Comfort (backordered) on 12/20 and it came in today!!! they said it could take up to 14 weeks, and now i'm incredibly excited about it. DH thinks it's all marketing and the kids can't possibly enjoy it as much as I say they are going to. I say, let's test it and see. My boys are CONSTANTLY taking the pillows and blankets off the couch and trying to make a fort, so i'm pretty sure they are going to love this. 

Edit: typo
  • Options
    bananapandabananapanda member
    edited January 2020
    @mamaqdubu we LOVE our nuggets.  My daughter got her first one last January.  We got 2 more for Christmas.  They keep her so engaged and there are so many things you can do with them! I hope your boys loves it as much as we do!

ETA - DH was skeptical at first, but he was actually the one pushing to get two more for Christmas.  I think a lot of husbands are like this lol I'm sure he'll be begging for another soon.
  • Options
    chichiphin looks like you've got a great sense of humor  <3
  • Options
    @hannah_bagrich it's a little suspicious that you showed up here out of nowhere, without introducing yourself or posting in any other thread on this board, to post a link to a product. Just saying.
  • Options
    Sigh. Agreed, phish alert. Though I do recommend having a portable bed option of some type. I wish our PNP wasn't in great shape, I'd love an excuse to buy another. Ours is only OK.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker