July 2020 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Announcements

13»

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• Options
    @rachstar18 I am so jealous of my husband that just gets to tell nobody ever and then just show up with a baby eventually. He always asks me why I bother telling so many people, and I'm like, "it's either tell them or deal with them staring at my very obviously pregnant belly while they try not to say anything." MUST BE NICE. Although I did just have a weird thought recently that I could approach this as an exciting thing to share with people and not like ughhhh so here's an annoying thing happening to me.  :D I think I'll have that approach more once I get a little further along and can feel the baby move, have less anxiety, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @knockupthestock over here all misty eyed reading about your video compilation of everyone's reactions, how you told your parents, and the photo. #whyimcrying lol so sweet!!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 lol at you considering a "new approach" to telling people. I'm realizing I should do the same. I was telling a work friend yesterday and the way I told him made him ask me "and that's a good thing, right?" like he was genuinely concerned. I was like "oh yes! It's great!" So maybe I need to adjust my face/tone/perspective. I guess I'm just conscious of not trying to tell people in an over-excited way because you never know what people are dealing with and honestly, people just don't really care lol so I don't want to give people the impression that I'm expecting a lot of fanfare, just trying to get it over with (much like this actual pregnancy).
  • Options
    @meanjellybean I always try to slide it in as part of a greater comment. It gives people a reason to give a quick, "congrats" and then move on to address what else I've said lol
  • Options
    @blaf322 yes that's a good strategy and way to move the conversation along lol. Luckily when I said it yesterday it was in the context of my friend telling me that he and his husband are considering having a third (through surrogacy) so it wasn't totally awkward. It just made me realize I need to act somewhat happy when I tell people. I think I'll get better at it as I continue to FEEL better in this pregnancy too. It's hard to seem happy about something that sometimes feels like it's sucking the life out of you  :D
  • Options
    @meanjellybean totally - I think it's a combination of that, plus I feel like nobody's going to care the third time along (feels rude to the baby, but... still how I expect people to feel), and also we never get super pumped about the pregnancy, for us the big event is when the baby is actually here, and until then it's just a thing to be dealing with.

Also, the other night at my run group, I had chatted with one girl about my pregnancy for a while now since she's having one at the same time (via surrogacy), and others kind of heard and news spread. So one girl that super annoys me came up and said, "I heard the news! Congratulations!" And I got super annoyed, because I haven't even told most of my family yet, and hadn't told her, so just wasn't into her butting into my business. Though she had no reason to think it wasn't common knowledge so I know I shouldn't hold it against her.
  • Options
    @Pascal86 for a bunch of guys, those are some phenomenal responses! I particularly like “u r GLOWING QUEEN”. I don’t know if I like the spelling or the comment itself more!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I'm dying at the last response. Amazing! :lol:
  • Options
    @meanjellybean hahahahaha. I'm also v jealous of your giant piece of cake.
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 god it was so good. Highly recommend procuring yourself some cake ASAP.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean haha another great way to tell someone! And @stlbuckeye132 and @kc0711 the last message was my best friend / coworker who is the most emotional 28 year old man I’ve ever known. He also told me he was repressing the urge to hug me for my “milestone of telling the bosses.”
  • Options
    @Pascal86 I can't decide if he sounds wonderful and hilarious or super exhausting/mentally draining. Maybe a little of column a.... little of column b
  • Options
    @blaf322 you nailed it... our thing is him being aggressively sentimental and me being jarringly dismissive. If I have a cold he texts me at 6am every day to see if I’m okay and I’m like WTF are you doing?? 😂 But he’s a great friend so I deal with it. 
  • Options
    I finally told my bosses and others at work...I work half the week in one office and half in another, so some people in both now know. I am super awkward when telling people, as has been discussed on this board. I've gotten the same questions, like "So you're happy, right?" Lol. I just want people to talk about it and share the news with each other, so I don't actually have to tell every single person. Some people will probably not know until I'm obviously showing.

I have my anatomy scan next week...I think after that we might share on social media. We haven't planned anything as far as photo shoots or any kind of Etsy-type thing, so not sure what we will do. Probably just have my sister take a picture of us with an US photo and post that. Keep it simple!