Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I wonder how many people do this!!

So, yesterday, DH tells me that a co-worker of his is going to be trying for a baby with his wife. His friend's wife is 27, and his friend is 28, and they have never tried before.

Anyway, he says that they have been doing fertility testing.... And so I asked DH if she/they suspected something was wrong... and it turns out, they don't suspect anything, they haven't tried at all.... They just lied to the doctor and told him that they'd been trying for a year and it didn't work, and they wanted fertility testing etc.. right away.

That really rubs me the wrong way!!! I wonder how many ppl are doing this!! It's stupid people like this that make wait times ridiculous, and make it harder for people who actually need these appointments to get them.

Not to mention.... why would you put yourself through all that if there's no reason to believe there's anything wrong with you??

Re: I wonder how many people do this!!

• Options
    I will never understand that.  Why would you CHOOSE to be in the "trouble" TTC court?  It makes no sense.  Idiots.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, that makes me mad, too.  It would never occur to me to lie to a doctor.
    Off BCP March 2009 TTC since September 2009 3 rounds of Clomid + Trigger, 3 rounds of Gonal-F + Trigger, total of 4 IUIs - all BFNs IVF May/June 2011 - BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Makes no sense, at all. Even less than people who think they are having trouble after just a few months. I don't think most people go this route. What a PITA.
  • Options
    On the very rare occasion, someone might find out something is wrong before wasting a year trying... I remember SkyBee did this (I don't think she lied, though) and found out her DH's sperm count was zero. In her case, it was very fortunate she was able to test so early.
  • Options

One of my friends- she says theyre trying right after the wedding in November. She said she'll give it 3 cycles and if shes not pg by then shes going in for testing. I told her they wont for a year and she said "we'll just lie. I know Im going to have trouble getting pg".

I had to hang up. She has no family history of issues, her periods are regular and "normal", she has been off of BC for a while already, her sister got accidently KU a couple months ago.

My other best friend said that she thinks its for the attention. Because her wedding will be over, if she doesnt get pg right away (and get the attention from that) that she has to play the IF card to get attention. I will never understand why people WANT to have problems. Or want to have testing. I hate it.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    What is that quote that Gym has???  " Impatience is not an infertility issue".  (or something like that).  So stupid. not to mention, why would you want to pay out all of that money if you don't have to.
  • Options

imageNicole0012:
    On the very rare occasion, someone might find out something is wrong before wasting a year trying... I remember SkyBee did this (I don't think she lied, though) and found out her DH's sperm count was zero. In her case, it was very fortunate she was able to test so early.

I think my biggest problem with my DH's friend's case in particular is that they haven't even started trying, they're doing this before they even give it a chance, and for no reason at all.

• Options
    So stupid!  I would never lie to a doctor about something like that especially considering how invasive all the tests are!
  • Options
    imagepiecesofflare:

When I had stopped ovulating again (at the beginning of our attempts to conceive, great) I went to a GP and asked for a referral to a gyno, because I knew I'd need meds to get back on track. (I was new to my city at the time and didn't have doctors locally.)  I had a full set of records of documented testing and trouble to back up the request, along with a really ugly chart.  He told me that I probably just 'missed a period' and 'was probably ovulating' and that if I wasn't pregnant in a year I should come back.

Even though just a year and a half before I'd had to go on BCP to end an 11 month cycle and start cycling again.  Idiot.

So even though we were only a couple months in, I lied to the GP and told him it had been a year so I could get the referral.  I disclosed everything honestly to my gyno, including that I'd lied to get the referral.  He told me I'd done the right thing because I was obviously not ovulating (I was into four months at this time) and based on my history, I needed a kickstart.  he got me going on provera and clomid, and two months later he had me in to see my RE.

If I hadn't lied to that idiot GP I'd probably just now be getting provera to kickstart my cycle. 

But - I had a diagnosed problem that was clearly flaring up again.  I don't advocate lying just for fun.  I'd rather just be jumping my husband and getting pregnant for free, than spending thousands of dollars a cycle to let someone try to impregnate me.

This is completely understandable though. You had a reason to believe that something was wrong. If DH's friend would have said she hadn't had a period in 4 months or something, then it wouldn't phase me.. it's that there's nothing wrong with her. She has absolutely no reason or suspicion to believe that she can't conceive.. she's just impatient. 

• Options

Angry

ETA: My cousins wife was just like this!  They were only trying for three months then went on to testing and she had IVF (so she says) done. ( I swear she did it all for attention.)

• Options
    That is so stupid.  While we are on the subject of doing stuff for attention.  My ex best friend (who is also DH's cousion) is due in a few weeks.  All through this pregnancy she has nothing but try to get at attention.  She posts her stautes on FB like 20 times a day and it is all boo whoo I feel bad.  Oh and she told EVERYONE at five weeks the day they found out from the doc.  I mean she called aunts uncles that live over 800 miles away at 1030 at night that really dont like her.  She always does this type of thing (partly why we are not friends anymore).  Ok I am done now sorry for the vent.  I just really hate people like that.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    WTF?

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have a family friend who has two kids. With both, after the first month of trying, she went to the RE to do testing.  BOTH times, the RE did some tests and told her she was already KU. Ridiculousness!

• Options

Are you saying you wouldn't want to get expensive and painful testing done for no reason??? Stick out tongue

That is so stupid.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    Confused
  • Options
    Whoa. How strange, it seems like that would take so much longer to wait for. Heaven forbid they just have sex EOD. ::eye roll:: That would never even cross my mind!!!!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    After going to the ob/gyn for my yearly a few weeks ago and having the doctor tell me that he wouldn't do anything for another 4 months (until I had been ttc for 15 months), I wished that I had lied about how long it had been. But then I realized he didn't know what he was talking about in general, so I moved on and found a new dr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"