July 2020 Moms

*Symptoms Thread*

Re: *Symptoms Thread*

• @busymom247 I'll have to look into the magnesium spray! Thanks! And ugh I forgot about the charlie horses... you had them during delivery?? That's so unfair lol.
  • Restless fucking legs. Anyone else? I don't remember it being this bad this early last time. It's making my already shitty sleep even worse. I literally want to cut my leg off lol. The nurse even had me start a magnesium supplement to help alleviate restless legs and headaches, but guess what, I've had both over the last week and I'm not even technically in the second trimester yet. 
    Yes!! I’ve had it with my past pregnancies but not until the 3rd trimester, but now I have it at just 11 weeks. As soon as I lay down my legs feel crawly like I need to kick them or squeeze them. It’s awful! How much magnesium did they recommend you take? I need to ask at my next appointment. I remember also eating a banana and having some Gatorade before bed last time and it helped a little. I can’t take this for 7 months though.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nursejenn5 this has been my biggest issue. I have reflux disease and I’m able to keep it at bay naturally With the occasional antacid but when pregnant it gets worse and this one has been by far the worst! It was constant burning until I could figure out what antacid worked best and then on top of the morning sickness. It’s the worst! Hope yours gets better soon! 

• Today I'm 14 weeks, second trimester and heartburn in full effect! 
  • @Fullhandsfullheart lol that’s a good question about how much. I’ve just been doing one of the pills I bought a day because honestly I can’t imagine getting any more down lol. I have an appt on Monday and I’ll ask!
  • @meanjellybean

The epic Charlie horses happened just as I pushed my son  out. We were team green and I had told my husband, make sure I'm okay and composed before telling me the sex. I pushed him out and instant Charlie horses in both calves. I screammmeedddd. They massaged the hell out of my calves bc obviously I couldn't get up and walk around. It is a funny story now but after almost 48 unmedicated labor (including 3.5 hrs of pushing) I was like REALLY?!?

I finally was like who got the time?! And I asked my husband what it was 😆
  • Headaches have increased a lot after 14 weeks.  Acne last week was out of control and then gushing nosebleeds.  But symptoms remain reassuring.
  • Weeks 3-9 seem like a breeze in comparison to the way the last 1-2 weeks have been. I’m 11 weeks today. It’s like my body was like oh, we’re almost at the end of the first trimester? Let’s double up on all the symptoms! I’ve been physically unable to change DS’s dirty diapers and most food now sounds terrible. Not to mention I’m in some sort of mild GI distress after everything I eat. I’m convinced my gallbladder is acting up a little bit. 
    I’m pretty sure DH is tired of hearing me bitch and moan, so I figured I would do that here 😂.
  • @bluguitarhannah me too. Day two of constant headaches. Seems like a good deal of us are going through it. 
  • I’m almost 11 weeks and have been getting dull headaches yesterday and today. Hoping it doesn’t get worse but sounds like it might. Is it magnesium that helps with those or am I thinking of something else? 

• @busymom247 damn! Talk about adding insult to injury with the Charlie horse after delivery lol.

@hbird0723 yes the magnesium is supposed to help with headaches (in addition to the restless legs/leg cramps) but I’ve been taking it and in the same boat as the rest of you guys re: headaches.
  • Good to know about the magnesium and headaches. I used to take magnesium regularly before bedtime to help with anxiety/sleep, but I haven’t needed it since being pregnant. Headaches are a definite pest!
  • Anybody else feeling short of breath? I have asthma but I really only use my inhaler when I work out. Makes sense maybe that pregnancy would worsen that so I’ll bring it up with doctor on Friday but just curious if others have shortness of breath this early. 
  • @rachelredhead shortness of breath can be common in early pregnancy. I started feeling easily short of breath at 5-6 weeks. Has to do with the extra blood volume! 
  • Is anyone nausea still horrible? I feel like mines getting worse the closer I get to second trimester 
  • @beckylookatherbump I felt like mine got worse before it got better... and then the getting better was gradual.
  • meanjellybeanmeanjellybean member
    edited January 2020
    @beckylookatherbump I’m similar to @blaf322 I felt awful weeks 10-12 and I’m just now in the past few days starting to enter the “May feel marginally ok or may feel like shit depending on the time of day” phase. I’m feeling a little relief from the unrelenting nausea during the day, but then 5/6pm rolls around and I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. I remember this happening with my first, right before it gradually went away and I felt pretty normal around 16-18 weeks I think. But some people describe it as a switch flipping so clearly it’s different for everyone!

ETA I’m almost 13 weeks now.
  • @beckylookatherbump still going strong with the nausea here. I’m taking b6/unisom and I’m terrified to stop taking it in case it’s just way worse the next day.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • One of my least favorite symptoms. DRY HAIR. I’m 4/4 on dry hair and skin. This time though my hair (at the roots) has the texture that I left conditioner in and forgot to wash it, all the time. I took a shower 4 hours ago and it’s crunchy and absolutely disgusting at the top but everywhere else is bone dry. So gross.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• While I’m not glad y’all are all still sick it makes me feel better that I’m not the only one. 
  • busymom247busymom247 member
    edited January 2020
    12 weeks today and nausea all the time still. Most foods and drinks taste funny suddenly, bad or weird taste after or can taste it hours later. I'm over it. This went on until almost 20 weeks first time. 

I puke with #2 diapers. I even have something for over my face but it is just the look of it. SIGH. Husband has been off 2 weeks which was blessing. I tried changing one on xmas day while DH napped and he woke to me puking 🤮🥴😫
  • @beckylookatherbump still going strong with the nausea here. I’m taking b6/unisom and I’m terrified to stop taking it in case it’s just way worse the next day.
    Don’t stop taking it! I thought I was in the clear after having no nausea for 2 days, so I didn’t take either one yesterday and I’m paying for it today. Got a terrible nights sleep and now I’m back to having nausea and feeling in the verge of puking today😭 I’m not stopping until I’m well into the 2nd trimester now 
  • @Fullhandsfullheart same! I’m almost 13 weeks and forgot to take my diclegis last night before bed (basically rx version of b6 and unisom) and I am hurting today. Constantly feel like I’m on the verge of puking. So I won’t be giving it up anytime soon either 😩
  • @Fullhandsfullheart thanks for the tip. I’ll keep taking it! I had to half the unisom because it makes me so drowsy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Ugh... I’ve been feeling relatively good for the past 1.5-2 was but, starting last night, I’m feeling like crap at night again. I’m sure it’ll get better again but I definitely thought I was in the clear. 

Shouldn’t have marked no to nausea on the questionnaire the OB posted on the app for me to take. Jinxed myself lol
  • I’m 11 weeks tomorrow and I feel like I’m also getting a break during the day but by about 4 or so it gets bad and I think it feels worse because I haven’t had it as bad during the day. It’s like oh yeah that’s how awful that feels 🤢 I’m hoping I’ll just gradually get more good hours but I am thankful for nausea free afternoons! For the most part. I have to be so careful with what I eat because now the bloat is so bad! 

• I have a multi-day headache that keeps coming back periodically, is that normal?? Tried eating more frequently yesterday and it helped. I'm going to gain so much weight ☹️
  • @nutter_bean it looks like some of the other women have mentioned headaches recently, and have said that they are more common in 2nd trimester. 👎
  • @nutter_bean yep, I'm on team constant headache.

I feel like I've had a few symptoms come on recently that I only remember from third tri last time. First is the restless legs I was complaining about, and the second is hip pain when I wake up. But it's on the hip that I'm lying down on, not the other one, which you would assume would be due to not enough support between my knees (haven't busted out the Snoogle yet, but I'm counting down the days). I remember this happening when I was really big in third tri and having to constantly wake up and switch sides... I really hope this doesn't continue the rest of my pregnancy.

Anyone else start gagging when they cough? Last night, I had a coughing fit before bed and started gagging and was scared I was going to puke. And to add insult to injury, the coughing/gagging fit made me pee myself. And I had just gone to the bathroom! Oh the joys...
  • @nutter_bean I've had a daily headache for 2 weeks.  Evidently, is normal.  My overall headaches which are chronic not pregnant were better in 1st trimester so whee one downside to 2nd trimester.
  • @bluguitarhannah I was coming here to say nose bleeds too! I've had a few minor ones since getting pregnant, but I had one this morning that was horrible. Gushing blood, and it lasted over 35 minutes. I was starting to get worried when it finally let up. I hope that doesn't become a regular thing.
  • @stlbuckeye132 It's been three major ones for me.  I'm not going to be thrilled if it's more regular than that.  However, I just have to keep saying mantra symptoms are reassuring.
  • @meanjellybean the puking when coughing is so my life right now! i have a sinus infection and bronchitis, so that plus morning sickness is a terrible combination. like every time i cough i throw up. its no fun. 

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @rachelredhead I'm 14w tomorrow and oh my god, YES. I have asthma and the past two weeks have been awful. I find myself getting that shortness of breath feeling, like you can't catch your breath, 2 or three times a day now. Today seems a lot better so far but it's truly been majorly uncomfortable. I'm with you girl. 
  • @beckylookatherbump Yes to this, for sure. I had a pretty awesome week this past week, but yesterday the nausea hit me like a truck again and it's still going. It sure sucked to be dry-heaving right through my own bday dinner. It gets better around 13 weeks, they say. You'll feel fine, they say. Pfffssshhh.
  • @meanjellybean "Anyone else start gagging when they cough? Last night, I had a coughing fit before bed and started gagging and was scared I was going to puke. And to add insult to injury, the coughing/gagging fit made me pee myself. And I had just gone to the bathroom! Oh the joys..."

I did this about two minutes ago! High five, gag friend :smile:

• @lizzybean84 @knockupthestock oh nooooo lol I'm glad I'm not alone but also I'm sorry you're in the same boat lol
  • @bluguitarhannah that's helpful to know it's normal, sucks for both of us though! 🤯
  • @nutter_bean First, everytime I see your handle my brain goes to Nutter Butters.  Second, yep stinks.  I was reading the magnesium recommendations so I'm going to try that this week. 
  • No matter what I eat today does not agree with me. It’s been a fun day at work.