Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW) — The Bump
June 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

They have this on the May board, and I thought it might be a good idea -- feel free to holler at me if you think otherwise :)

This thread is to support anyone experiencing spotting and/or bleeding.

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support.  The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support.
~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• I had spotting last week and I thought it I was out.  Repeat betas showed that my HCG was going up nicely at the same time.  Just figured I would share in case anyone else deals with spotting. 
    saladflambejulzy
  • @kerco925 I had cramps that woke me up in motn and spotting with clots before my missed period. 3 weeks and 3 betas later everything is looking good so far. First trimester is such a mind game.
    saladflambekerco925kiki75julzy
  • Loading the player...
  • kiki75kiki75
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    Why can’t all of pregnancy just be like around, say, 22ish weeks? That sweet spot after the anatomy scan and all the other testing, you usually feel pretty decent, are usually looking actually pregnant in the cute way... First tri stress and feeling like garbage while trying to keep it all under wraps sucks. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
    kerco925
  • Just wanted to drop by here with some positive outlook. With my first, at 10 weeks I had some very sudden gushes, and cramping, and it ended quickly, with no other issues, he's now 3 years old. 

With my second, I spouted on and off, mostly on, from week 3-9. I think I had maybe 6 days spot free in there total, and she's 13 months old.

So, for whomever needs to hear it, not all spotting or bleeding, even if bright red, means a loss.
    Me: 31
    DH: 30
    Married 7/18/15
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    BFP 1/1/18, due 9/7/18 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    kiki75
  • Some more positive vibes, with my last pregnancy I had spotting almost the whole time, bright red with bowel movements.  So many factors like fibroids, polyps or small hematomas that are more common than people think. 
    kiki75
  • These comments help so much! Found out my husband and I are expecting a few days ago after I randomly tested after having some cramps and spotting. Had a pelvic exam and everything seemed okay. Going in for my first ultrasound next week since my hcg levels are around 1700. However today I woke up with heavier bleeding (didn't need to use a pad or anything). The bleeding has turned back to brown quickly but the cramping has gotten slightly worse. I'm not in pain though which makes me think it's okay? Advised by the call nurse to go to the er. So since my ultrasound appt is next week anyways, my husband and I decided against going since it's expensive and not much they could do to stop possible miscarriage anyways. 

Any advise on what to do or what to expect?
  • These comments help so much! Found out my husband and I are expecting a few days ago after I randomly tested after having some cramps and spotting. Had a pelvic exam and everything seemed okay. Going in for my first ultrasound next week since my hcg levels are around 1700. However today I woke up with heavier bleeding (didn't need to use a pad or anything). The bleeding has turned back to brown quickly but the cramping has gotten slightly worse. I'm not in pain though which makes me think it's okay? Advised by the call nurse to go to the er. So since my ultrasound appt is next week anyways, my husband and I decided against going since it's expensive and not much they could do to stop possible miscarriage anyways. 

Any advise on what to do or what to expect?
    The only reason I'd go to the ER would be if the pain get bad - because you'd want to rule out ectopic or something dangerous like that. 

I don't have a lot of experience, but so many things can cause bleeding. Sending you all the positive thoughts
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

pourmeanothermocktailjulzykiki75
  • Yeah the cramping isn't too bad, nothing worse than a mild period. Trying not to freak out 😬
    pourmeanothermocktail
  • edited October 13
    Yeah the cramping isn't too bad, nothing worse than a mild period. Trying not to freak out 😬
    It's hard, but I had even enough to gush out and fill a panty liner (not a full thickness pad) and then some with my son. But, he's 3 now, everything was fine!

Eta-I went to the ER with that, even though the cramping was super mild, and they totally scared me there. And, if it is bad news, there's nothing they can do anyway. I think staying home tonight makes sense. Hang in there!
    Me: 31
    DH: 30
    Married 7/18/15
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    BFP 1/1/18, due 9/7/18 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This past Thursday I noticed a few drops of brown blood when I went to the bathroom, and have been spotting on and off ever since. The good news is that the spotting has been very light (for the most part I just notice a slight brown tint went I wipe), and I haven’t experienced any cramping. Still, I’ve been on edge all weekend because this is about the time when things took a turn for the worse with my last pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage (I’m 6+5 now; last pregnancy I made it to almost 9 weeks but the baby stopped growing after 6 1/2 weeks). I called my OB today and she wants to check my hcg levels. Of course, I’m going to go in for the recommended tests, but part of me is so scared about the possibility of receiving bad news!

I know there’s not much I can do other than wait and see, but in the meantime I wanted to vent. Thanks for listening!
    pourmeanothermocktailbegging4abumphayhay2501runwmusic
  • @ladyscientist823 hope everything is OK. I had cramping that was extremely painful and spotting just before 4 weeks and did 3 hcg tests. I know how much waiting for those results sucks. Keep your head up and FX baby is doing great in there.