May 2020 Moms
Options

Appointments | October

12346»

Re: Appointments | October

• Options
    Didn’t have the chance to update yet, but also had a good 12 week scan and genetic counselor called today to say scan plus finger stick seem to indicate low risk. Still waiting on NIPT results. Tech said the little one was very active and thus hard to measure - same as DD. 

@peachnectarine I have actually told someone before, “I just don’t see how this is pertinent” and would have been inclined to say the same here. That guy is way out of line. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    @m6agua That is such a huge relief and I'm so happy to see this update! Sneaky baby! ❤
  • Options
    @m6agua, amazing news!! I am not sure why they wouldn’t do a bedside US on Tuesday, it would have saved a lot of stress!
    congrats on your healthy LO!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @queenklau They did do a bedside ultrasound on Tuesday and the baby was hiding, we couldn't see it. We could see some glimpses of a shadow that the doc thought maybe could be, but nothing was clear. So with my tipped ute she said lets come back in a couple days let my ute grow a little and try again.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua I’m so relieved for you! Such great news and such a relief!
  • Options
    @m6agua great news! so glad you got to see the little squish!
  • Options
    I'm cross posting my update which was in the genetic screening thread, but I had an appointment yesterday afternoon and everything is perfect, which is hard for me to believe, but certainly welcome news at this stage.  I'm roughly 12+2

So my NIPT blood was not drawn last week after all, but was drawn today and goes out, so another week of waiting.  I had my NT scan today and everything went really well and set my mind at ease.  I had my favorite ultrasound tech, which was a random stroke of luck because she is actually a sub from another clinic and she specializes in high risk and really knows her stuff.  She is the best tech at explaining everything really well and pointing out every little thing she is looking at.  My husband and I both got to ask lots of questions and get lots of answers.  Our NT measurements were good and there is a nasal bone present.  For those that don't know, a nasal bone present at this stage is a good sign that things are healthy and well and indicates a better probability that there are not genetic anomalies.  I feel much better because once you are over 35 they put the fear in you that you are higher risk for allllll the bad things, even though that risk is still very small.  I'm not even worried about my NIPT results now, though every appointment my husband asks when we can know the sex.  I will post a pic in the US thread later, it really looks like a baby now and not just a little peanut, arms, legs, and a facial profile!  So for ladies worried at all about your NT scan there is a silver lining that you finally get to see what looks like a real baby in there!

@m6agua my doctor also had trouble with the doppler this week, but fortunately I had already had my US appointment first.  I was told I have an anterior placenta, which I think makes the doppler tricky at times because baby is tucked behind it, so one more layer of tissue to try and get through/around to hear the heartbeat.  

• Options
    @m6agua so so happy for you that the little one was just hiding out and is doing well! 
  • Options
    @m6agua What a relief! So happy for you! and @pirateduck so glad your appointment went well, also!
  • Options
    @m6agua so happy to hear you got to see the little one!
  • Options
    @mokay19 I'm glad your appointment went well and the OB was nice about the fact that you will be leaving.

@kylelee23 Glad the OB took over and the appointment went well.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    m6agua said:
    @queenklau They did do a bedside ultrasound on Tuesday and the baby was hiding, we couldn't see it. We could see some glimpses of a shadow that the doc thought maybe could be, but nothing was clear. So with my tipped ute she said lets come back in a couple days let my ute grow a little and try again.
    Oh ok! That makes sense. I didn’t know they could hide so well!! 😅☺️
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    pirateduckpirateduck member
    edited November 2019
    moved to November board
  • Options
    @m6agua Oh my gosh, I'm so relieved to read your update!!! Hooray! 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3