May 2020 Moms
Options

Appointments | October

Re: Appointments | October

• Options
    @lizm1234 I am so sorry for your loss. The ladies over at TTGP were my rock through my losses. They have a TTCAL board of ladies who are wonderfully supportive. Take care of yourself. 💔 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    I just had my second appointment this morning. I'm 11+5 and we weren't able to hear anything on the doppler. So they brought in the bedside ultrasound and that was inconclusive. She thought she saw some wiggles or flickers in the shadows but couldn't be positive. I have a tilted uterus and with it still being just at the top of the pubic bone it was difficult to get a good enough look. I go back on Friday to try again and we will go from there. I have my annual physical with my PCP next Wednesday so she can try the doppler at that time too. With DD I couldn't pick up the HB on the doppler until 13 weeks. I'm thinking if they cannot figure anything out Friday I may get a transvaginal ultrasound ordered.

I was really hoping for some reassurance with this appointment, now i just have more anxiety, I have no bleeding/spotting or cramping so that is a good sign.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @m6agua sorry your appointment wasn’t reassuring ❤️ hopefully Friday you’ll have better results 
  • Options
    @m6agua I'm sorry, that's so stressful. I'm glad you're going back on Friday and I hope the week goes by quickly for you. ❤
  • Options
    @m6ugua how frustrating.  I hope your appointment Friday brings you some peace of mind.  
  • Options
    @m6agua ugh I'm sorry for the stress!! Maybe you can call and ask if they can go ahead and just do a trans-vaginal on Friday? I would hate to add more wait and stress if it's still too early for a trans-abdominal then!
  • Options
    I have an appointment today at 1 and for some reason I am getting really nervous about it. I had my IUD pulled last week and I guess I’m just worried about any effects that could have, but I don’t remember being this nervous with my first pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @m6agua so sorry for the confusion at the appointment! Hopefully things can be cleared up on Friday with a good picture
  • Options
    @m6agua I am so sorry for the added stress and I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything is okay.  I'm surprised they didn't just try transvaginal for you right then.  I hope the week goes by quickly!  <3  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I'm guessing because that would need to be actually scheduled with the ultrasound tech. My appointment was probably the first one of the day and I'm not sure if the ultrasound techs have a different schedule than the midwives. Today is already flying by, tomorrow we have swimming class for DD, then Thursday will be Halloween activities. I'm sure Friday will be here before I know it.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @m6agua ugh i'm so sorry you didn't get more information! I know my tech will switch between abdominal to trans-vaginal right then and there if she can't find what she wants. I wish they would have done that for you!! I hope Friday brings you good answers.  
  • Options
    Leaving work to go to my 10w scan now. I am super freaked out and I hope I have good news for this group. I will also get my blood drawn for my NIPT.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @m6agua My OB keeps both types of wands for their portable ultrasound, but she did have to leave the room for find the vaginal one.  Really hoping everything is okay and it was just a bad scan/too early.  

@queenklau Good luck!  I hope you have a perfect scan!!!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @m6agua I'm sorry for the stress. Hoping for good news Friday.
  • Options
    @mamaqdubu Yeah, when I have an ultrasound by the tech with the fancy machine they have both and switch between them when needed. This was just a lesser bedside machine in the regular exam room done by the midwife.

@shamrocandroll I didn't really look at the machine close enough, but she didn't mention the vaginal wand for a bedside one, so I am assuming that they only have the abdominal wand for it.

@queenklau FX for a good informative ultrasound!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @Austenista good luck! I hope it goes well!
  • Options
    @Austenista Fx all is well and that you have an uneventful appt!

• Options
    @Austenista FX for a great appointment!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Good luck today @Austenista!
  • Options
    Good luck, @Austenista!  I hope it goes perfectly!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @Austenista good luck! I hope all is well!
  • Options
    Good luck today @Austenista !
  • Options
    I just had my 12 week appt and for some reason was really nervous about it. But it all went well and I heard the heartbeat for the first time! Yay! But the doctor I saw (this is a new practice for me and they make me see a different doctor each visit, so I never met him before) asked if this was my first and I said nope, third! He asked their ages and I told him 4 and 6. He said oh wow, you are starting all over again. He asked their genders and I said a boy and a girl. He replied with “you have one of each and you still want another one? Is this your second marriage? I said no and he said, “was this a mutual decision?” I told him that we always wanted 3, but once we had two, we decided that was all we could handle. Then once our youngest got older and easier to handle, we decided to go for the third. I feel like he was half joking, half judging. I don’t know. I’ve already been kind of self conscious about the age gap, but it made me feel like I was being judged and a doctor shouldn’t make you feel that way. 

• Options
    @peachnectarine Wow.  You don't owe an explanation of your family choices to anyone.  That was incredibly rude of him.  I would ask to not b seen by him again, personally.  Does your practice allow you to fill out a survey after each visit?  Mine does, and I would 100% do so in that case.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @peachnectarine I completely agree with @shamrocandroll that the doctor was extremely inappropriate. I don’t care if he though that he was joking... that’s rude and ridiculous to think that’s even funny. 

Glad everything looks good and healthy!
  • Options
    Hi @peachnectarine, your doctor was very unprofessional and inappropriate with his comments on your personal family choices. I’m sorry he made you feel uncomfortable. I would have felt the same. I am happy to hear the appointment went well, though.  Perhaps you can make it a point to not visit with that particular doctor again.
  • Options
    @peachnectarine it's unprofessional and out of line.  
  • Options
    @peachnectarine agreed with all of the above. What a weird line of questioning! He should be focused on your care and pregnancy, not anything else.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    @peachnectarine I completely agree with everyone else, but also don’t feel weird about the age gap at all. I have a 6 year old and a newly turned 4 year old too. We’ve always wanted 3, but DS2 was a nightmare until recently and DS1 is medically complicated so we waited a while too. 

Me and my sisters are all 7 years apart in age, the youngest only being 14. 4 years is hardly an age gap at all.
  • Options
    @peachnectarine just echoing what everyone else said. Your family-making decisions belong to your family and that's it. I hope you get to give feedback on this guy.
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited October 2019
    @peachnectarine Just here to say ditto!

TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @peachnectarine that sounds really uncalled for.  I don't think 6 and 4 is that big of an age gap at all.  Also how does he know you haven't been trying for some time and it might be a sensitive topic for you or maybe you could've had losses?  It seems like in his position he really should've though a little longer before opening his mouth.  I would definitely find a way to make a complaint and ask to not be seen by him again.  Glad everything else went well and you got to hear the heartbeat :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks to all that replied! I didn’t know if I was reading too much into it or overreacting, but reading all of your responses made me feel a lot better. I will definitely make sure to avoid being scheduled with that doctor again. Thanks guys! :)

• Options
    Late but @peachnectarine that’s so rude of him! I wonder what he would say to me about my only other kid being 6 (in December), like your family choices are not his business! How does he know that there went outside life things going on that made you wait, I’m shocked by a doctor acting like that and I’m sorry he did that to you. Do you have to see him again or will they let you say we just didn’t click?
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 There are like 8-10 other doctors in the practice & they want me to see all of them, so I’m sure it won’t be hard to make sure I don’t get him again. But with my luck- he will be the one to deliver my baby! Lol! 

• Options
    @Austenista & @rachelg777, congrats on the great 12W appts!!!!

@peachnectarine, sorry about the inappropriate comments from that doctor. Maybe he was trying to make some small talk...but really no excuse to question any patients family plans. Hope you get to make the rotations and find a better fit.