May 2020 Moms
Options

Appointments | October

Re: Appointments | October

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I don't want to see him again either. I will be seeing one of the midwives I saw with DD on Monday so I hoping things will be nicer through her. We only saw an OB 4 times when I was pregnant with DD the first was to have her do an US after the MW found a heartbeat after being told I was having a MC she went in said yup there's a heartbeat and left MH tried making a joke as a new father who just saw his fetus on the TV and she just said "yup" and walked out. She made MH realize the midwives were so much better. I saw a different one to explain how an ECV is done and then to have her do it for me and then an she also delivered DD. She was a traveling OB so she was there for a year and is not there anymore. I'm hoping I can continue with my midwives but I don't know how their VBAC policy is, this OB said there was going to be a lengthy appointment to go over what a VBAC entails at this hospital and if I want to take that risk so he doesn't sound like he's very VBAC friendly when the OB who sewed me shut after DD said I'm sewing this up nice and shut so you'll have no problem having a VBAC next time. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath Ugh, that is awful.  Have you considered switching practices?  I've always gone the OB route, and have had nothing but positive experiences with my team (the same team I used the first go around and with both of my losses).  They've been very compassionate and kind.  It sounds like yours need some sensitivity/empathy training.  I'm so sorry you're going through all of this!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll
    @stella_700

The only other options I have for a place to deliver around here is one place that says once a C-section always a C-section and won't give the option of a VBAC and the other hospital makes you labor and deliver in the OR if you attempt a VBAC and I can't see that being calming or inviting during labor where everything need to be sterile just in case you need a C-section.

I'm going to try and call during my prep to see if there are any results they can tell me, but I really don't want to be sitting on the phone having this conversation with the possibility of someone walking in on me because we're a school and we're really over crowded by staff and there are not any private places anymore. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Being in limbo is so hard. I am think of you and hoping for good news! That sucks bout the possible hastel with even getting the results today.

@mokay19 Yay for graduating! Sorry that you may need to find a new OB. I had a different OB deliver DD which was no big deal, but it was so nice to have my OB come up the next morning to check on me. So I get not liking the fact that no one in the practice will be there at any point!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @jhysmath I think that is really insensitive of him to just throw something like that out there without more definitive information.  He should have just said he couldn't get a clear enough view and wanted to follow up with some bloodwork and a more formal ultrasound.  To just wing out there that it "could be a molar pregnancy" and then send you on your way makes me really angry for you.  I hope he is wrong, and that you don't see him again.
    @jhysmath all of this. Again. In bold. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I'm so sorry that you are going through this and that you have to wait to find out for sure. I hope that it is a false alarm and will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    @jhysmath just echoing what the other ladies have said. Your OB sucks for tossing a grenade and then walking out, and I really hope he was wrong. Please keep us updated. <3
  • Options
    Just got any of you who are following this... I got a call  this morning from the ob he wanted me to come in for an ultrasound today and booked an appointment before even knowing if I could make it and more blood work. I haven't spoken to him or know anything that is going on, but currently sitting at the hospital waiting for a half hour for the US appointment. The fact that they're having me come in immediately makes me realize this is likely what he's expected from my lab work and it's not good. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @jhysmath Ugh, I'm so sorry, but I am glad they got you in right away and didn't leave you stuck in limbo.  Keep us posted.  I'm thinking of you!  Big hugs!

ET fix typo
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @jhysmath Thank you for the update - I've been thinking of you a lot. I'm also glad you don't have to wait until Monday. Hoping so hard your bloodwork came back good and they want to confirm with a better US. ❤
  • Options
    @jhysmath Thank you for updating us.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  Trust me, it's better than waiting for days of uncertainty.  Let us know how it goes.  Ask lots of questions.  Your doctor is there to help you and explain things to you.
  • Options
    Finished up at the ultrasound and lab. Ultrasound was about an hour long. Female tech gave me a "great shot" of the "baby" but then called in a male tech to check what she did and take more photos mostly of the protrusion and umbilical cord from what I gathered. They also checked the heart rate a bunch of times and got 187 bpm so that doesn't look good either from Dr Google. I'm waiting to see the OB now, he was at registration when I checked in but I think he's waiting for the results from the radiologist and blood work. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I wouldn't worry too much about the heartrate right now.  You are probably a nervous wreck, so your own heartrate is likely high so the baby's will be high also.  It's good that they took lots of pictures and you will get to see the OB pretty much immediately following.
  • Options
    @jhysmath thinking of you and hoping that the results are okay. I’m glad they’re going above and beyond to check and figure out what’s happening. *Hugs*
  • Options
    I'm glad they were able to get you in today. I hope the doctor has some positive news for you and that everything is ok.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    edited October 2019
    Sorry for all the play by plays, but I'm sitting and waiting a lot.

*tw*

Dr stopped in says ultrasound info   agrees with what he thought. He's still waiting for blood work to come back and he sent the images to dartmouth (a high risk hospital) for a second opinion too. He's hoping this info will come back in 20 minutes, and then we need to discuss next steps. He's likely going to recommend termination of the pregnancy, which he kept saying is hard to recommend when the fetus is still alive. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I am so so sorry for everything you must be feeling right now.  I hope they hear back from Dartmouth soon, and that it's a better prognosis.  Dartmouth is an amazing hospital, FWIW.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @jhysmath Thinking of you and hoping for the best, I'm sorry you are going through this!
  • Options
    @jhysmath You don't need to be sorry for the play by plays, we are all here to listen and support you in this difficult time. I am so sorry that you are going through this. It sucks.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @jhysmath I am so incredibly sorry. Please don't feel bad about the updates - we want to support you. I hope you have someone with you right now. ❤
  • Options
    @jhysmath I’m glad your doctor is getting a second opinion.  You never want to make these huge decisions without as much info. As you can get.  Be sure to ask your doctor to outline ALL your options in terms of potential next steps.  Do not feel like you have to make any decisions today.  It is a lot to process.  Please tell me your partner is there with you right now.
  • Options
    Had my first appointment today; got an official due date of 5/17, yay! Wasn’t sure if I was May/June BMB. This is a new practice to me and I was very happy with them. I did get the very sobering “goal” of 34 weeks. (Previously delivered at 32w5d and 32w0d.) Also got flu shot and genetic testing. Overall super happy to see little nugget is doing well and happy with the plan of action. 
  • Options
    queenklauqueenklau member
    edited October 2019
    @jhysmath, oh my goodness. Just caught up on all of the updates. I am so sorry you are going through this. I agree with @pirateduck, the more information/data/opinions the better. You will be more informed for any necessary next steps. Take it one breath at a time, and we are all here for you. Hoping for the best outcome! When do they think the second opinion will come?

eta spelling
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @allywat I also got my flu shot at my last appointment.  I was surprised at how sore my arm was!
  • Options
    Eeek, I'm excited for you @shamrocandroll! Good luck! 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll Good luck! And yes to the full bladder! It's been happening to me more at work as my uterus expands and I get sucked into a project and don't want to stop. Then I stop and standing up walking to the bathroom sucks.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @ruby696 @m6agua Update in the Ultrasound thread.  <3  And yeah that happens to me at work a lot too, @m6agua, but this is so much worse with them pushing so hard on it!  It takes so much enjoyment out of the scan because the whole time I'm like "OMG can we please be done soon so I can go pee?"  :lol:  Luckily, this time she let me partially empty it (which I was super proud of myself for actually being able to do), and she said it was still pretty full after that!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @ruby696 Aww thanks girl.  I think I've decided I'll officially feel better after out NIPT test results come back all clear.  So we might wait one more week before we spill the beans to anyone.  :)  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I am feeling the same way.  I thought I’d be excited to tell people after the last appointment, and now I’m thinking maybe after NIPT results...  I think I will just keep pushing it back one appointment at a time and no one will ever know!  I actually called my brother to tell him and he didn’t answer the phone or return my call and I’m secretly relieved.
  • Options
    @pirateduck Haha.  With DS, we told people after the 12w scan, but in his case, it was an NT scan.  Since that one piece of information is still missing in the case of this pregnancy, I think I'll feel a lot better waiting another week.  Plus I honestly just don't want to make a huge production out of it.  I honestly just want to let MH and DS tell everyone while I hide in my room.   :#
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll my 12 week appointment/scan is next week and it IS the NT scan, and by then we should have the NIPT results as well, so yeah, next week is a big week.
  • Options
    *TW*First scan today...no heartbeat.   I'm so glad DH was there.  I'll see the doctor next week and hopefully the embryo will pass soon.  We decided to try again as soon as possible.   Wishing everyone a beautiful and happy pregnancy.   
  • Options
    So sorry @lizm1234 I'm glad your husband was able to be there with you.  You will get through this.  Take the time you need to heal.  
  • Options
    @lizm1234 I'm sorry for your loss <3
  • Options
    @lizm1234 I’m so sorry, be kind to yourself. ❤️
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Oh no @lizm1234 I'm so sorry! I'm glad you weren't alone for that kind of news. Take care of yourself.

Eta spelling
  • Options
    @lizm1234, I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. TTCAL board really helped me get through my losses. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @lizm1234 I’m sorry for your loss.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019