@chichiphin oh wow!! I'm sticking with renting my maternity clothes again
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    PSA:  I received a maternity support belt (link below) in a bag of hand me downs.  I'm not sure how much it does in the way of support at this point, but it does an AMAZING job of holding up my cheaper pants!  I have a few pair that start sagging after a few steps, but this thing keeps them in place.  It's comfortable and can barely be seen under my shirts.  That is all. 

https://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Maternity-Breathable-Adjustable-Recommended/dp/B072BYTJ6V
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Motherhood.com is having a huge sale, up to 85% off & cheap shipping--and I am so curious how many people are buying their jumpers/rompers? They have more than a few and like--considering how often I have to pee already & how you have to, like, get undressed to pee in a jumper/romper, I am like--why would a pregnant lady buy those?! 
  • Options
    So I used Le Tote for a rental service for my last pregnancy and loooved them. However, they changed their rules this time and instead of unlim clothes, I can only get 4/mo or 8/mo or 10/mo (depending on how much I want to pay). 

So I did some research and found Armoire. They let you do unlimited clothes per month and seemed really awesome. But they have a totally diff set up than Le Tote. Instead of seeing the full inventory of maternity clothes, a “stylist” picks for me and I pick from that. The clothes they are picking for me are not appropriate for the weather now or my lifestyle. Their stylists are pretty quick getting back to me, but I don’t know if it’s worth the unlimited clothes if I don’t have enough clothes I like and/or I have to chase down a stylist every time I want new clothes.

I think I’m the only person renting maternity clothes...but has anyone used Armoire maternity or their reg clothes? They have a sale going on until tomorrow and I really want to partake, but I can’t even find four articles of clothing I like. 

• Options
    @silverhope I'm renting maternity clothes too (through Le Tote, as per your recommendation, lol!) but I haven't ever tried Armoire maternity.  I saw some commercials for it though and it seemed nice!  It seems like it might not be worth it, though, if you don't see many clothes you like.  But maybe the clothing selection for the sale is less than what it would be if you were a member utilizing their monthly service?  I'm sorry, I'm so not helpful!
  • Options
    @Malidocious thank you! I ended up doing the sale (if u wanna rent from two places ha, the sale code is good through today: HOLIDAY75 and it’s $75 for two months of unlimited clothes). I figure that’s so reasonably priced that even if I hate it (not enough good clothes) by month 2, I will just switch to Le Tote since I know I like them. And I will prob just get the 8 or 10 items a month (which did u pick?). 

I requested stylist help like 6 times until they gave me clothes I liked. Which is really annoying, but maybe this week was just a busy rental week? I don’t know. If I hate it, I’m def gonna just pay full price for Le Tote bc I really loved their selection last time. 

• Options
    @silverhope I have friends that use Armoire for their regular clothes and really like it. It’s higher end clothing I think. I’m not sure how that compares to Le Tote since I haven’t done either. I’m thinking about doing Armoire after birth when my body is changing a lot. I hate investing in clothes when my sizes is fluctuating. I’ll be curious to hear how you like it.  
  • Options
    @jenEP It seems like higher end clothes. Le Tote has nice clothes too (they have non-maternity also). Armoire might be slightly above Le Tote (I’m honestly just not sure. I don’t know enough about brands).

I love that Armoire and Le Tote are true rentals (unlike Stitch Fix...also Stitch Fix does seem lower end clothes than Le Tote IMO). But so far I prefer that Le Tote lets you hand pick each item in your tote from the entire wardrobe available instead of a stylist just picking a few items. Le Tote still has a stylist pick the initial items, but you could sub out every item in your tote with something else and you get access to all the clothes instead whatever the stylist chooses to show you. But I like Armoire is unlimited clothes per month. So we’ll see. I’ll keep you posted after trying for the next few months. 

• Options
    PSA: looks like Blanqi is 50% off — early Black Friday 💸
  • Options
    Are Blanqi items worth it? Someone sell me on this please!! 
  • Options
    @keeksie84, I’ve had three STMs friends and my very pregnant coworker tell me the leggings are 100% worth it. Not as sure on the tops — @miss.sally might have some more insight. And for $30 instead of $70, I’m in! I’ve been waiting for Black Friday to pull the trigger. 
  • Options
    miss.sallymiss.sally member
    edited November 2019
    @keeksie84 so I’ve had my tops for a few weeks now. While they help some with back pain, I tend to get cramps when wearing them if I sit too long because they’re tight. Which I understand they’re supposed to be. So I ONLY wear them if I know I’m going to be doing a ton of walking around. I don’t know how the leggings are, but I’ve heard mixed reviews about see-through-ness. I don’t like my bum on show for the world. I’m also really picky about leggings. However, I think I’ll get a pair of post-part support ones during the sale to have for after. 

ETA: I have one over-boob top and one under-boob and I HATE the underboob option. I don’t wear bras with wires most of the time so it tends to slide up and give me some very strange lumpy mountain ranges. 
  • Options
    @pdx2020 and @miss.sally thanks for the info! I haven't pulled the trigger on the leggings because they have really mixed reviews online...mostly about snagging, pilling and see through-ness. I'm pretty frugal and want the piece to be 100% worth it if I'm going to spend a lot of money on it. Hearing the great reviews from your friends makes me more interested though! I'm tempted to try the top. On lab days at school, I'm on my feet the whole day and am already worried about how I'll feel in a few months. If it will help me feel less miserable, I'm all for it! 

As for post partum, I have two pair of $20 compression leggings that I got from Amazon that worked like magic keeping everything "in check" in the first few months after birth. I'll be busting those out again this time around. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I just got a nursing tank and a pair of maternity leggings from the sale. Can you link the post-partum leggings you got on amazon?! I want some. 
  • Options
    Has anyone found actually comfy and super stretchy maternity jeggings? I’ve been scouring the internet and can’t find anything that I like/trust. 
  • Options
    Well since so many of you are from the East Coast, I thought I’d run this by you. Not sure if it belongs in this thread but...the weather for New York City is all of a sudden showing SNOW on Thursday night (one inch) and Friday morning (less than one inch). What?! I didn’t think it snowed in November in NYC! Does this mean I need SNOW shoes?! This California girl only has fashion boots lol!! 

• Options
    @mrsc918 yes you will want snow boots that can actually handle the wet snow and sludge. I recommend ones you can easily slip into. I broke down and bought news ones last pregnancy because fighting to get my boots on while I was huge was getting to be too much! In NY and New England it can snow any time from October through May it just depends on the year 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    silverhopesilverhope member
    edited November 2019
    @mrsc918 if you wear very very thick, warm socks, you can prob get away with wearing rain boots. 

Take the subway, buses, or cabs as much as you can if there is precipitation, but there will be slush puddles on every corner in nyc. 

Edited bc comma in wrong spot. Preg brain

• Options
    aprileiaaprileia member
    edited November 2019
    With Destination Maternity going out of business, even some of the combo stores are closing.. went to the local Pea in the Pod store this weekend to find out their location is also closing BUT they are having some great sales with basically 25-40% off of everything. Assuming that percentage will increase the closer they get to closing. Needed a shirt for an event next week and was in a bit of a hurry, but planning to go back again to stock up for the rest of the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I've now purchased three pairs of maternity jeans from Mercari and none of them fit me right... they're all designer jeans that I got for really good deals, but I've re-listed them for sale and they aren't budging! If anyone here is interested in them let me know. I have 2 size 29s, and one size 31 (although they all fit similarly). 
  • Options
    Update on Blanqi - I have a pair of the maternity leggings and what’s ostensibly a postpartum top. I’ve worn them to work as a base and also been hiking. They held up well - no piling or rubbing, and the support was very nice! The material is more like a thick tight/spanx than what I think of as a legging, but definitely totally opaque (I made my BFF check, haha). For the sale price (which I think goes until Nov 22), I would recommend. But for ultimate comfort (if not price...), would go with Aligns from lululemon. Although I think they’ll really shine deep in the third tri. 
  • Options
    @pdx2020 I agree! I described them as industrial strength leggings to a friend 😂. I think I like them though. They make me feel...smooth? I think the support will come into play here in another month. Overall happy with them for the (sale) price! 
  • Options
    @pdx2020 @miss.sally I got a pair of the Blanqi maternity leggings and I said the same thing to my partner -- they're a weird material, but they're oddly comfortable once I'm wearing them.  They seem sturdy and supportive though!  
  • Options
    ugh I hate to say it but I'm returning mine I think.... I feel like they're see thru in the knees when I squat down... which prob means they are see thru in my butt too 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    Oh no!  I literally just got mine a few days ago and have only worn them once, so I didn't notice if they are see-through anywhere.  I'll probably just keep them anyway and wear them, regardless of how sheer they might be.  I'm so lazy about returning things.
  • Options
    @chichiphin I’m surprised!! Mine are solid as can be everywhere. Which actually really surprised me. It’s so hard to find actual opaque leggings 
  • Options
    Does anyone have a nursing bra that you love? I went from a 32D to a 34F last pregnancy and now those bras are getting a little snug.  :'( I have mostly Motherhood Maternity wireless bras because they were on sale for $10 each. They do the job, but aren't cute. I have one Kindred Bravely, but I don't know if the comfort justifies the price tag. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I got a Lively nursing bra that I like. It’s wireless and comfy and I think it’s cute? I’ll probably order another after he’s born because I know I’ll have a growth spurt. Lol. My friend also just ordered a 5pack from amazon that she highly recommended. She said they’re super comfy. Not super cute though. 😂
  • Options
    keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited November 2019
    @miss.sally I've been eyeing those, but they don't come in "busty" sizes yet. I've been wanting to buy their non nursing bralette, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I’m a 34DD and the medium fits nicely. I figured I’d size up to a large after and see how that goes. 
  • Options
    Just popping back in to rave on my blanqi leggings. I’m ordering another pair and also the postpartum ones while the sale is happening. After wearing them a few times I’ve decided they’re LOVE.  I wash in cold water and don’t dry them though. They have great support, but they’re comfy, and completely opaque! Yay for good maternity leggings! 
  • Options
    You guys...WHY THE HELL ARE MATERNITY CLOTHES SO UGLY?! I mean...seriously! Who made the rule that pregnant people have to dress like nuns?! I’ve been trying to find cute dresses for holiday events - and it ain’t happening. Everything I see in stores the dress goes down below the knee. And even tops are ugly for the most part. 

I even went to a Pea in the Pod near my house bc the store is closing so they had sales and I thought “well maybe at these super expensive places they might have cuter selection”.....Noooope. 

Anyone know of any sites or online boutiques that have cute stuff? I’m hesitant to buy online bc I’ve noticed maternity clothes fit way different but if it’s free returns I’d be more willing to give it a go. 

Thank God for my best friend that hooked me up with ALL her maternity clothes bc she’s done having babies. Saved me tons of money! 
  • Options
    @mrsc918, have you tried Rent the Runway? They have a pretty extensive selection of dresses for every trimester, and you get a backup size. Also, seeing how they fit on other people is really helpful. I’ve only used them once this pregnancy, but was really grateful to have something to wear that didn’t scream maternity and I didn’t have to spend $$$ and figure out how to sell it afterward. 
  • Options
    Okay, reviving this one again. Does anyone have recommendations for really really really great joggers? Not leggings. Would be super if they worked postpartum too! Any thoughts??
  • Options
    @pdx2020 I just ordered some lululemon align joggers. They’re amazing and soft and they’ll be so good for postpartum also. I’ll probably get a second pair once baby comes if I wear them as much as I am predicting I will. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally, how did I not know there were align joggers AND leggings? Thank you!!
  • Options
    @pdx2020 I ordered a pair of joggers from Kindred Bravely, and they're sooooo comfy! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @pdx2020 I’m glad you loved them!!! Mine just came in the mail and I can’t wait to wear them every day. 
  • Options
    @jenEP well after almost finishing my two month trial with Armoire clothing rental I am extremely dissatisfied with them.

I have gotten 4 or 5 shipments of clothes and only one shipment has come with every item undamaged. One shirt had pen marks on the side, one long sleeve was pilling badly, one shirt had a broken belt loop, and in this package the dress was missing the sash/belt entirely. I have never had a full box of clothes that I actually like. I’d say I usually like 1 item...2 if I’m lucky (out of 4 items per box). 

They ship the clothes in a giant plastic bag and tie it together with a string. Le Tote shipped in a nice box (you send the clothes back in a bag). I NEVER had damaged clothes with Le Tote. Armoire just seems sloppy. And I also was also excited to get my Le Tote boxes and with Armoire rental, I’ve just been looking forward to being done with the subscription.

I’m really annoyed honestly. I also feel like their reviewing clothes system is not as useful as Le Tote and Le Tote had SO many more options than Armoire. I hope Le Tote hasn’t changed too much since I used it two years ago. I am looking forward to switching once my trial is up 12/31.

@Malidocious how are you liking Le Tote? Are you still using it?