August 2019 Moms

UO Thursday

I didn’t see this started yet. We are some hormonal ladies here, let’s see what everyone has...

BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 I never wore leggings and was totally against them as pants until about 5 weeks ago when I bought my first pair of maternity leggings. I still don't wear them in public, but I get it. They are comfy. 

I still can't get behind skinny jeans...my calves are too big to fit! 

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• This will probably be really unpopular but relevant right now regarding the abortion stuff. Not so much of an opinion, but a question because I'm not sure of what my opinion even is...but one of my friends who has 5 boys asked this question and it got me thinking. And im going to scope this ONLY to first trimester abortions not resulting from rape/incest and women over 18.

Where do men's rights end regarding reproduction? Isn't the baby just as much theirs as it is the woman's? If there's a pregnancy and the woman wants an abortion, what right should the father of the child have to ensure the pregnancy continues? 

Clearly I get the woman carries the baby, has all the lovely crap that pregnancy brings, plus birth and all the stuff after...but isn't leaving all the power of choice to the woman taking away the power of choice of the father? 

• @cato99 I agree what ifs are challenging. Her boys are all under 10 years old so her question wasn't based on a current situation, definitely a what if situation in the future. 

• cato99cato99 member
    @sourlemon oh for sure! As a future boy-mom I'm like omg I hope he learns all the birth control lessons I'm going to force his poor embarrassed soul through!
  • @MamaK225 wow that’s actually a really powerful statement and I’ve never thought of it in those terms.

also, as a mom of both a girl and soon to be 2 boys I am far more fearful for my daughter during this current political climate. Well a mother of 5 boys may be worried about their paternity rights imagine the fear a mother of 5 young daughters has right now...
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • With girl #2 coming (and my sister has 2 girls, my brother has 1 girl) ... I'm just ... terrified. But at least DH and I are on the same page when it comes to all of those conversations. And plan to tackle them together.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I'm right there with you on both @chillycanadian, we are turning into Gillead ... and that's Bezo's money. If the tables were turned and he had lost his ass, would the American public have come to his rescue? No. Did he have amazing foresight and build an empire? Yup.

Now, if it were me - I would definitely be doing good (see: Bill & Melinda) ... but I wouldn't force it on anyone. And I don't think it should be. See: monetary autonomy ;) 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @AKuzReve I’m so sorry you went through that and hope you have worked through your ptsd. Thank god it didn’t end in a pregnancy. 
  • Yes thank you to everyone who has participated and especially to those ladies who shared very personal stories. You ladies are beyond strong. And @jmesue1030 I think your saying should possibly be the official slogan of whoever wins the democratic race - it’s genius.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @olivemama pretty sure I stole that from Leslie Knopf but it would be an awesome campaign slogan... or at least bumper sticker 😂
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2019
    This is a really great paper if anyone is interested. It's one of a few reasons I'm not on either side of the movement. I consider myself pro life, but have a mixture of beliefs about it. One of them being; we cannot ignore history with regards to this topic and how deeply it is rooted in racism. All who consider themselves feminists especially should read this. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 Yes that’s it. Sorry, attaching the file did make it complicated and required me to open it in Kindle.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• What is happening in our country right now regarding womens rights is terrifying.  I will be honest and say that I have had an abortion. I was 18, in a horrible relationship (abusive verbally, physically, mentally). I was weak and didn't know how to get myself out of the situation. I do not regret my choice of aborting at all.  Bringing a child into that environment would have been a horrible decision. A few years later I managed to get myself out of there, now 10 years later I'm happily married and while we had decided to not have children...we are having one now. When I found out I was pregnant, there was NO WAY I could have terminated it.  This is the first time (10 years!) that I've been pregnant with this man.  Our life is wonderful, I had no reasons to abort other than my own selfishness and that certainly wasn't good enough for me.  

I don't know what goes on in others lives and while I made these choices for myself, I cannot imagine making that choice for someone else not knowing what their life is like.  I am absolutely pro choice BUT I do believe women should not use abortion as birth control. There needs to be a cap on that method because we have so many other options available.