October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/13

• Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    @andromedacorrine2 We do love board games, I forgot Game Stop has merchandise I should check there as well.
  • Options
    @nachellebeck13 so glad everything is okay.

sorry to hijack this again with one of my problems, but my spina bifida screening came back abnormal. I am completely freaking out. Nothing in my pregnancy has gone easily. I am already high risk. Has anyone had this come back abnormal and gone on to have a normal baby? Or known anyone that has? I'm going in for repeat bloodwork today and MFM appointment has been scheduled for next Tuesday. Really praying that this is a fluke result, but at this point it's so hard to be positive. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @nachellebeck13 so glad everything is okay.

sorry to hijack this again with one of my problems, but my spina bifida screening came back abnormal. I am completely freaking out. Nothing in my pregnancy has gone easily. I am already high risk. Has anyone had this come back abnormal and gone on to have a normal baby? Or known anyone that has? I'm going in for repeat bloodwork today and MFM appointment has been scheduled for next Tuesday. Really praying that this is a fluke result, but at this point it's so hard to be positive. 
    Is it just blood work or have you had ultrasound confirmation?
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges, I'm so sorry for the scary news. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for good news next week ❤
  • Options
    @cmbt2 just bloodwork for now. Getting repeat bloodwork today. Ultrasound Tuesday. 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 just bloodwork for now. Getting repeat bloodwork today. Ultrasound Tuesday. 
    It is not uncommon for bloodwork to come back abnormal and higher risk. The ultrasound will tell you more. Good luck!
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges So sorry to hear. Thinking of you and praying for the best results. Hope you can get some answers asap (like by Friday!) since you have to wait until next Tuesday for another ultrasound.
  • Options
    @nachellebeck13 crazy, well the most reassuring thing is that bad looked great! 

@obsessedwithoranges I'm sorry you are dealing with this unknown- I'll keep you in my thoughts for good news! 

• Options
    @nachellebeck13 sorry to hear about the scar, but glad it was just a scare. 

@obsessedwithoranges crossing my fingers it is a false result and nothing serious.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @obsessedwithoranges Oh how scary - sending hugs and good thoughts that it will turn out to be nothing.
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges All good vibes being sent your way right now.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges my first trimester screening came back high risk for downs and turned out to be a false alarm. False positives happen all the time - and I see you have not had the anatomy scan yet so no need to panic. I actually opted to push off my AFP bloodwork until after my scan because of all the undue stress that the false positive caused in the first tri. Good luck at your ultrasound!
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges Fingers crosses that this is just a false positive. Sorry for the stress.

@nachellebeck13 I’m glad you were able to get seen right away and everything is ok! That sounds like an awful scare. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @nachellebeck13 I’m so sorry about the scare, and I’m so glad everything checked out ok!! 

@obsessedwithoranges I’m so sorry for the scary news. When I found out I was a CF carrier it was such a horrible feeling, I’m sorry you’re going through this uncertainty! Hopefully everything looks good at your US, thinking of you ❤️ 

Guys the elevation here (Denver) is killing me! I remember feeling crappy when we were here a few years ago but nothing like this. Add on that I was up at 4 yesterday for our flight and 4:30 today with DD, and all I want to do is just lay down. 
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    Next person who tells me i‘m large or that I must have a large baby needs a damn punch in the face 
    Assholes!
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    Next person who tells me i‘m large or that I must have a large baby needs a damn punch in the face 
    I literally came here to say that my coworker just looked at my stomach and said "holy crap." I mean... why?!
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe yup Boston for life over here (well I went out of state for school, but the sentiment still stands)! Oh I love JP Licks, they make the best brownie sundaes....now I want it :)
  • Options
    @nachellebeck13 and @obsessedwithoranges I'm so sorry for your scares

@obsessedwithoranges I hope that the bloodwork and US results come back quickly. Try really hard to stay off Google if possible (I don't know if it looks scary out there or not, but it did for the trisomies scare I had at 12 weeks).
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 Ahh thank you for posting that! I gasped when I read it 😂 I’ve been waiting for it!
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 yes!! I’m going to try and savor it haha 
  • Options
    @nachellebeck13 I'm so glad everything turned out ok and baby girl is healthy.
    @obsessedwithoranges I'm so sorry you're going through this stressful scare. Wishing Tuesday comes as quick as possible for you.
    @cmbt2 and @junebabyh it's amazing how obliviously rude people can be sometimes. I snapped and shut down one co-worker that started that with me a few weeks ago (the comments started a few weeks before that). She didn't talk to me for a week, but she got over it and hasn't said anything critical about me or baby eating/growing since. Sometimes it's worth it (and gratifying) to just tell them off.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    My daily random... 
    this morning was a typical morning. Until about 10am. I started having lower (right side) abdominal pain. Just like cramps. With this pregnancy being my second, I had horrible RLP with my first and I knew that wasn’t what I was experiencing. 
    As my SO was leaving for work, I told him what i have been feeling.. when he left, I took my son and my dog outside (to go potty) as I was walking I started to become very nauseous, and my body started to go into shock (almost fainting/losing all control of my bowels). I rush as fast as I could to get upstairs. I messaged my SO to tell him what I just experienced. He left work and took me to the ER. 
    Once we got in the ER, they were concerned about it being my appendix. So, I had to wait 3 hours to get the “Pregnancy” approved MRI machine to be delivered. 
    It’s now 9pm and I finally get results... my appendix is fine, I have a cyst on my right ovary (which could cause my pain) and they even found some gallstones... 
    anyways, it’s been a LONG DAY. I’m glad to be home. I have to have a follow up appointment with a surgeon and of course keeping my A/S which is on the 23rd (next week) and my OB appointment on the 29th.. 
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 What a stressful and long day. I'm glad they figured out what was happening, though. How are you feeling today?
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    geminigirl16geminigirl16 member
    edited May 2019
    @nachellebeck13 That would have scared me too! Glad you got checked out and that baby is ok

@obsessedwithoranges I'm sorry you have this potential scare on your plate. Hoping you get your results quickly and that everything is fine.

@jcbh2018 What an intense day! Hope you are feeling better today. All the best with your follow up appointments.

My heart is just not into going to work today. I may feel differently if I could go in wearing leggings or something similar. Darn business dress codes!
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
     My heart is just not into going to work today. I may feel differently if I could go in wearing leggings or something similar. Darn business dress codes!
    Or pajamas....I mean I'll put a bra on just let me wear my PJs!! I am feeling this today as well, my allergies are kicking my butt.
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 Oh wow, what an awful day you had. Poor gal! I hope you get a chance to rest today!
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    @jcbh2018 Please gets some rest today, glad you and baby are okay. I hope you feel better.
  • Options
    @nachellebeck13 @obsessedwithoranges @jcbh2018 Thinking of all of you ladies 💜
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 very scary! Glad YH could respond so quickly though. Take it easy for a while, but glad baby is ok.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @cmbt2 yes!! I’ve had a few people tell me how big I am lately and it is SO RUDE. Why do people think it’s ok to comment on a pregnant woman’s body, when you normally would not say those things to someone not pregnant? (Or at least I hope not). 

@grapeskittles4lyfe @marbellie Boston forever yay! Also have you guys had Toscaninis ice cream? Blows JP Licks out of the water in my opinion!! 
  • Options
    @cooaladolly Good for you for saying something to your rude coworker. During my last pregnancy, I kept being called “big mama” by a coworker and it really bothered me. I finally said something and she stopped....until I hit about 8 months and started again. 

@SLou24 It’s amazing how some people really just have no tact. I mean, express a compliment or keep your mom shut! It’s hard enough growing a baby and managing your own body image without rude, inconsiderate comments from others. 
  • Options
    If your kid is a rising senior in high school, you should not be emailing teachers about their missing assignments from February on the last week of school. Especially if your kid already has an A in my class. I don't have it, even though your kid insists he totally did it. Even if I maybe did, I sure don't have it now, months after it was turned in.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't feel like I can adult anymore you guys. With the state of our country and my own battles at home, I'm mentally shut.down. I have been on the verge of tears since last night (thank you government control.....) and I'm pretty sure I have a total meltdown scheduled for tonight......