October 2019 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/13

• Loading the player...
  • galentine said:
    How did everyone's mother's day go?

I wasn't sure if my H would think to do anything for me as a FTMom-to-be, but he knocked it out if the park. He cooked me a huge breakfast and tasty dinner of my choice, got me a lovely card and gift, let me pick out our Netflix movie, and gave me a foot massage. Pretty awesome experience for my first mother's day!
    That sounds PERFECT. Good job Mr. Galentine!
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• @melanier26, all your purchases sound great!

• @prpl11butterfly that is a really good point. I'm kind of freaking out about this coming Christmas and how i'll fit a tree with a swing and other baby stuff in the living room. We spent so much time this past summer getting all of DS stuff out of the living room, with exception of his book nook, and having an adult living space again. only for it to change a year and a half later. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @prpl11butterfly Everyone is different obviously but one of the things I’m looking forward to most in our next house is a bigger living room 
  • @jcbh2018 Mexican food for the win! I've been craving it a lot lately too, except the past few days (nausea has decided to make a tiny comeback). What types of plants did you get? I don't much like indoor plants, but I love outdoor ones.
    DD 10/2019
  • Cass005Cass005 member
    junebabyh said:
    Next year I am taking matters into my own hands. Luckily, I am not afraid to tell DH when he screws up and since my birthday is in a few weeks he has another chance. :D
    That will be my plan as well haha. I was a bit dissapointed myself but I'm not making a stink cause we are supposed to be on a budget and we spent a ton of money for Saturday night.

Okay while were on the topics of gifts. Do any of you have Fathers Day gifts/plans ideas yet?
  • meagan-t said:
    @jcbh2018 Mexican food for the win! I've been craving it a lot lately too, except the past few days (nausea has decided to make a tiny comeback). What types of plants did you get? I don't much like indoor plants, but I love outdoor ones.
    Im so excited for my leftovers today!! I hope your nausea goes away.

I wish I could plant things outside, be we live in a apartment. So, all I have is indoor. 
    Other than that, (these are the technical names) 
    I got a Ardisia Humilis, Tradescantia Spathacea AKA Oyster Plant (which can also be grown outside) and my absolute favorite a Kalanchoe Tomentosa, AKA Panda Plant or Chocolate Soldier . When I look at the panda plant, I get a big smile on my face. 

• My mother's day was memorable. I reached a new parenting milestone - first time offspring experiments with cutting their own hair. Amongst other 3 year old type mischief that was caused. MH did handle the many clean ups, thankfully. He told me today he was so glad he got to leave to go to work. Then he patted me sympathetically and made a dash for the door. 
    Oh no! How bad was the hair cutting damage?
  • meagan-t said:
    We've also been joking about it now being a love triangle. I'm sure the love will die with time, but for now, it's real. 😂
    DH and I were both snuggling mine the other night and he made a comment about it being like a threesome. 
  • @jenferlee82 She went from shoulder blade length curls to a short bob with bangs. I'm dying a little. But also thankful it wasn't full on 2007 Britney. 
    DD1 did the same thing around 3.5ish! Like not all her hair, just a really unfortunate bang job. It looked really bad but in a funny way
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• So tired and seriously lacking motivation. Today is the deadline for all late work, and my students keep stopping by to ask if I have anything for them or what they can do to improve their grade. Sorry not sorry, nothing at this point, kiddos. My senior grades need to be posted by noon, too, and I am just not feeling grading their projects. Obviously I will, but I am not happy about it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Cass005Cass005 member
    steminist said:
    So tired and seriously lacking motivation.  Obviously I will, but I am not happy about it.
    I feel the same way about my laundry....
  • @ineedsixeggs Oh my lord, I would have flipped. LOL. But yes, could have been much worse!
  • Mother’s Day was meh... we do a lot of get togethers usually but this year we only did one and it was nice but DH’s family flopped at organizing it and because his grandma’s (who normally organizes family holiday dinners) health is going downhill very fast I ended up being the one to take charge. It was fine but I’m annoyed that no one else stepped up, I have the most kids and the busiest schedule, but overall I’m happy that grandma had a good day. 

Today I had to have my antibiotics allergy test because I’m allergic to Amoxicillin, Penicillin, and a few other good ones and we were hoping that because I was a kid that I had outgrown or didn’t have a true allergy to it. Well my skin actually looked ok but I started scratching up a storm and got an intense migraine that won’t quit. So I’m still not allowed any of the “Cillin” family and my OB had to call in a migraine medicine because Excedrin, a coke, and Ibuprofen (at the recommendation of my OB) aren’t getting me anywhere. 
  • @prpl11butterfly my SIL was so hell bent on buying a house, she only narrowed to the first 3 they saw. The two they tied between was narrowed to one cause the other got sold under them. So the house they bought, it's pretty but it's small. It looks big from outside but their living room is the size of our room. The bedrooms and the kitchen are the only decent sized rooms and even the kids rooms are tiny for bedrooms. Her husband hates it and wishes they had waited a little longer. They went from a rental with a giant living room to this house with a tiny living room. Our conditions for a house are a good sized living room, 3 beds and main floor laundry when we start looking seriously. Of course now I've found plenty like that but we can't get the loan right now😂 
    Everyone's weekend/MD sounded good! Mine wasn't. I wish I had just stayed in bed all weekend. Since I work weekends only, that's where I was. The only good part of the weekend was Saturday I got to go hang with my best friend after work and she dyed my hair for me. I was kid/fiance free! Sunday was a terrible day at work and I wish I had just called off instead. SO got a little pissy Sat night with me but apologized and he had gotten me some flowers and balloons and candy, and flowers for my wishing well. Today isnt much better. DS and DD have been pushing every button(figuratively and literally 🙄) this morning and I was gonna work overtime to save some money up but I don't have the motivation to go in now 😭 thank goodness it's not mandatory I would really cry. 

• @galentine I love that set so much, such a great choice! 

For my DH, I ordered him a custom docking station for his nightstand, engraved with Dad. He was talking about needing/wanting one, and it will be his first "Dad-branded" thing so I know he'll love it.
  • Cass005Cass005 member
    I'm planning on getting Hubby a nice bottle of whiskey/bourbon, just have to find a good one. I know nothing about it and what's considered really good, or really bad lol. I also found a pair of Vintage whiskey glasses that have the liberty bell and constitution on them. They look pretty cool.

The hard part is his birthday is before FD so...now I gotta think of something else. I may get him the Fall Out 4 board game, Or a nice dice cup because he bought a new game that involves dice. He's pretty hard to buy for.