August 2019 Moms
Options

AS Discussion

Re: AS Discussion

• Options
    I have an appointment today and then we will order the AS.  I am SO NERVOUS and excited. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ah I’m so excited for our A/S on Monday. Nervous because I hope everything is good but excited! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    AS scheduled for tomorrow at 4 pm.  If I could sleep to pass the time, I would! My mom asked if she could go, I said NO and then felt bad lol. But DH will be with me. He just as anxious as I am :D
  • Options
    I'm *still* waiting for MFM to freakin' call me and get me a date for my A/S. My office sent all of my stuff over Thursday morning and they have called 3x since then. I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. This is an especially busy time for me at work, so the sooner this is completed, the better and less-stressful it will be for me. Grrrrr.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @MamaK225 ugg that really sucks. I'm sorry the MFM office is being a TW. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @MamaK225 That is so frustrating! Will they be able to get you in soon, do you think, or do they usually schedule a few weeks out?
  • Options
    agpandmeagpandme member
    edited April 2019
    @AKuzReve Short people problems is right! I was so shocked at how high the tech was scanning! This baby is everywhere.  At the time of the scan he was laying across the width of my abdomen as high as he could go, and above my navel.   It was so cute to see his mouth moving and all the wiggling.  
  • Options
    @jma_18 Congratulations on your sweet boy! Sending good vibes for your follow-up scan. Is it scheduled already?
  • Options
    I was supposed to have my anatomy scan yesterday. The tech said the baby was "too small" to see the anatomy. Which I don't actually believe because she is measuring right on time. Plus I've been having weekly ultrasrounds where you can definitely see lots and lots of things. I think she just didn't want to do it. We were literally in the room for 5 minutes. She did the pr Interval (heart) and then this other scan that checks bloodflow through the vessal in the brain or something. And then decided she couldn't see anything else. She didn't try to get the baby to move. She didn't even attempt to see anything else. We don't like this tech in general. I've never liked her with DS2 she did my anatomy scan and we had to completely redo it at 24 weeks because everything was blurry because she rushes through everything. They also wanted to do a transvaginal scan to check cervical length because my placenta has been low. But I declined. It feels like jumping the gun at this point. Plus I feel like I should be able to have a transvaginal scan with someone I'm comfortable with. And I'm definitely not comfortable with that tech. 

So it was a bummer of a day. It's really been a bummer of a pregnancy. Oh well. Another pr interval next week. Hopefully with my fave tech who is really good. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak thank you! No, I’m hoping they call today to schedule. They wouldn’t let me schedule yesterday because they were still working on the referral/insurance 
  • Options
    @Beauxbaton - I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience at your AS. It really sucks when the technician is not good. Our AS technician was incredibly unfriendly and I feel like she ruined the experience for me. I hope you get an other appointment soon with a different technician! 
  • Options
    @jma_18 fx its nothing serious. Do you know when the scan will be?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @jma_18 Well I hope they can get you in soon! 
  • Options
    @Beauxbaton how does this person even have a job still?? Did you complain to your OB? I hope you get back in soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @Beauxbaton What in the world? I hope you give your OB an earful about that tech. That's ridiculous. Did she take all of the other necessary measurements? 
  • Options
    @jma_18 congrats on a boy! FX for you and hoping it's nothing. Hope they can get you in quickly so you don't have to spend too long being nervous 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @oklahomak nope. She got the pr interval done and that's it. I did complain to my OB and he was basically like "I know she isn't warm and fuzzy but as far as getting measurements she's one of the best. So if she says she can't get them then probably none of the other techs can. Which again, she didn't even try. You can't put in an actual effort in 5 minutes. I really hope my scan next week is with one of the other techs. I don't really get a choice of tech. Its just whoever is available first.
  • Options
    I had my AS this morning.  Baby girl is looking perfect.  Not the most cooperative little one for photos!  Unfortunately I was diagnosed with placenta previa and put on total pelvic rest and no strenuous exercise.  Chances are good that this will self resolve but I still feel bummed.  So much for romantic babymoon in 3 weeks.  Also have an anterior placenta which explains why I barely feel baby girl.  Overall relief that baby is happy and healthy but bummed at the discontinuation of sex, exercise and prospect of c-section.  Anyone else going through this?
  • Options
    @denma2015 i had previa with my last pregnancy from weeks 9-32 then was cleared. I get that some people hate the discontinuation of sex but its temporary. I was still allowed to walk and do an exercise bike, but nothing higher impact than that. So you may want to ask your doctor for more clarification. I was told many previas clear themselves as the uterus/baby grow, so dont freak out yet. And if you need a C section, its not the end of the world either (i've had 2 already).
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @jma_18 Prayers for good results on the next scan! Please keep us posted. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @denma2015 - I actually just came to say that at my A/S today they found the same thing.  I didn't have it with my other two.  I feel kind of obnoxious typing this out, but after all of the genetic scares we've had, if this is the worst thing I have to deal with the rest of the pregnancy, so be it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @denma2015 I had placenta Previa with my first. I wasn’t restricted at all so possibly mine was less severe? I had a follow up US sometime in my early 30ish weeks and it had resolved.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I have a partial placenta previa but no restrictions. They’re confident that it will likely move and resolve itself. I’ll do another ultrasound at 30-32 weeks to recheck where it is. 

@jma_18, good thoughts to you that the scan goes well and everything is ok with baby boy! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @Beauxbaton I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience, it's so hard when you don't like the tech. My OB only has one on shift at a time, so if we end up with the one we don't like, that's it.
    We don't like her because (1) at my AS with DS#1 she said he was measuring small, and I needed to see an MFM, one very stressed weekend later the MFM does a repeat scan, and says we have no idea what she was talking about, the baby is right on track. (2) The last 5 weeks or so with DS#1 I had borderline fluid levels so I got weekly USs, at 38 weeks she said it was too low, and they sent us to the hospital for an induction. We got there and they did a confirmation scan, and they said you're fluid is 12, go home. (5-10 is borderline, under 5 is induction territory.)
  • Options
    @mrosek91 Both of those situations are so concerning. Have you submitted a complaint about her? 
  • Options
    @mrosek91 yes this same tech almost got me induced with my oldest by trying to rush my BPP. I hope that tech isn't scheduled the day of your a/s
  • Options
    @denma2015 I currently have placenta previa. My OB said nothing about pelvic rest. But my MFM said i should be on pelvic rest. We've known since 16 weeks that it's low. And I've been having sex, lifting shit, and constantly on my feet the whole time. I asked the MFM nurse whyy.ob didn't say anything and she was like "well we just noticed last week." And I said that I've known for four weeks. And she said that OBs tend to be more lax as long as you haven't had spotting or bleeding, but that the MFM is more conservative, and that she'd let me do with that information what I wanted. 
  • Options
    Had my A/S Tuesday, and found out we were having a boy which had really been going for so we are pretty grateful. However, he is stubborn like his Mama and was resting in a not so great spot so we have another appointment tomorrow to get pictures of the brain and eyes. We needed him to roll over onto his back but despite the "earthquakes", drinking cold water AND juice and multiple walks around the radiology floor it wasn't happening. The ultra-sound tech talked to us throughout the appointment but didn't say how things were measuring or looking so hopefully everything looks okay.
  • Options
    @brianalee2984 Good luck today! I also have a follow-up appointment today because my little guy wouldn't cooperate. We are hoping to get better pics of the heart today.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 - That is horrible and - I'm sure you said something - but I would be following up with the practice, hospital, or Board about that. I understand being conservative, but both of those were serious calls that clearly didn't need to be made.

We still have 11 days until our A/S and I'll be stewing the whole time since I'll be nearly 23 weeks by that point (MFM was being difficult re: appts).
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)