August 2019 Moms
Options

Calling all Game of Thrones Fans!

Re: Calling all Game of Thrones Fans!

• Options
    @Avrilmai @heml Yes to World Market - we found some at a World Market in Texas when visiting family over Christmas. I haven't been back to one since then, though. 

• Options
    @heml yes, that is where we found it a few years ago, maybe I should check it out and see if I can find some/surprise DH for the party. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fandom is that it needs to hurry up and get here so we can all watch the last season, be sad the they are ending one of the best shows ever, and then move on to the next one. Slow torture deaths aren't my cup of tea....IJS

Arya is my fave. I personally hope she ends up on the iron throne. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    A friend has an interesting prediction for Cersei, that the valonqar (little brother) destined to kill her is the baby she’s currently carrying from Jamie. That she’ll die in childbirth and in that situation will realize Tyrion was not ultimately responsible for their mother’s death in the same circumstances, and she will forgive him. But I feel like that’s less likely than Jamie appearing to kill her but it really is Arya. 

This timing is awkward for me personally, because during the tv-addled post-partum period with DD, I vowed that I would save a full GoT rewatch for the next baby’s postpartum period, so I’ve been holding off on rewatching—so I’m jealous of all the perfectly-timed rewatches going on! So I’ll watch this final season probably not remembering stuff perfectly, and then do a full satisfying S1-S8 rewatch when I’m up at all hours with this baby. 

Every so often there are articles/listicles with shows to sort of scratch the GoT itch and in that vein I’ve really enjoyed The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It’s more explicitly historical and not as over the top, set in the 900s at the birth of England, with a lot of conflicts with the Vikings/Danes. I just finished season 3 tonight so I wanted to let you know! Season 1 is kinda meh, season 2 picks up in terms of investment in the characters, and I found season 3 to be pretty well written and suspenseful. 
  • Options
    @cato99 The Last Kingdom is good. You might really enjoy Vikings, sooooooo good! I'm glad that you said that about S3 of LK. We will keep watching. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake - I second Vikings. So good (even if I have kind of fallen off as things became more political and less slash-y/take-y ;) ). Very bingeable.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    Did anyone else catch Kit Harington on SNL this weekend? I watched a couple of the sketches and thought he did pretty well. His monologue was hilarious! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @suzycupcake @MamaK225 yes I love Vikings too! That and The Last Kingdom have really similar vibes!

@Lotus_2008 I didn't see the actual episode but the promo running earlier in the week with Leslie Jones acting out all her weird GoT fantasies with a reluctant Kit Harington was fantastic!
  • Options
    Now I'm going to have to YouTube this when I get home ...
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    hemlheml member
    @Lotus_2008 We watched it! Kit’s monologue and the GOT spinoffs were my favs 
  • Options
    YOU GUYS! I heard the CRAZIEST theory last night. Like. I. Can't. Even.

Theory: Jaime & Cersei are actually the Mad King's children. This comes from the rumors that Joanna had been with Aerys the night of Jaehaerys's coronation and had a few trysts with him later when he was on the Iron Throne. It is further inferred because of how often Jaime & Cersei's beauty is discussed, as well as their blonde hair, etc. Plus, there is a long history of twins in the Targaryen dynasty ... and disgustingly-close familial incest. And Aerys (despite the really strained relationship with Tywin) sent gifts for Jaime & Cersei of "their weight in gold" on their name day - kind of odd, right? An additional inference is that means that Tyrion is actually Tywin's, not the 3rd Targaryen. And don't forget, Cersei carried out her brutal version of vengeance using wildfire - which was Aerys' favorite method of execution. IF this wild theory is true, then I'm 100% with Arya posing as Jaime - the Kingslayer (given Cersei is pregnant with a son, who would-be King if born) - to kill Cersei ... and then he'll ride the 3rd dragon.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    hemlheml member
    @MamaK225 That theory is crazy but not outside of the realm of possibilities. Wonder if Gilly/Samwell will uncover this?
  • Options
    @MamaK225 Whoa. I had forgotten about Aerys sending gifts for their nameday. That would certainly make things interesting.
  • Options
    @MamaK225 I've never heard that before! It would definitely give Jamie's killing of the Mad King another dimension. 

I thought of another theory about Jamie this morning. In a past episode he said he wanted to die in the arms of the woman he loves. I think Jamie will have a pivotal role in killing the Night's King, but will be mortally wounded in the process. His death scene will mirror the bathtub scene with Brienne and he will die in her arms. She'll call him "Jamie" but he will tell her to call him "Kingslayer," thus embracing the title and role he hated for so many years. 
  • Options
    @MamaK225 interesting! I have also never heard that one but it’s so intriguing. I think it’s safe to say there is definitely a good chance at least some of those Lannister babies are Targaryen. 

@Lotus_2008 oh man that’s a good one too! I seriously cannot wait to see what happens!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I really like your theory, too, @Lotus_2008! In the past I would've said it would be Cersei's arms, but we all know she's grown beyond Jaime and will never truly love anyone (except maybe this son that's on-the-way).
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited April 2019
    NPRs ultimate guide to who will live and who will die (all based on speculation, not any insider info!). Not sure if I agree with it all but fun read!

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/10/711063904/which-characters-will-lose-the-game-of-thrones-a-chronicle-of-many-deaths-foreto

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @MamaK225 That is a new one to me, and very interesting. 

I really just love reading/hearing all of the theories that fans have created and sometimes I wonder if George really has any idea how he wants this to all end, or if he'll just run with one of these creative fan theories. 

@heml I thought the spin-offs bit was really funny too. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    Speaking of things to eat during the premier...a bake shop by me makes homemade ice cream sandwiches. Here is a description of their GOT special: The Night King has arrived... no one is safe... “White Walker” - beyond the wall blue moon ice cream sandwiched by vanilla almond cookie and choice of rolled in frost bite coconut or left plain. 
    And the pic:

• Options
    Okay serious question DH and I were discussing last night - will George ever actually release the next book?? Let alone finish the series?? I don’t think he will! I have read the books - I honestly enjoy the show more but it has definitely deviated from the books so I want to see how he would end it too.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @olivemomma I agree with you! I just don't think so. I think he'll get Winds of Winter out, but Dream of Spring I have almost no hope, unless he is secretly writing both and that is why it is taking so long. I know he skipped writing scripts for the series and said he declined a cameo in the finale to focus on writing, but it seems he has a lot of other projects he is working on first. I saw that post of the letter he sent to the editor/publisher when he was starting on the series, seems it was originally just a trilogy and he said something about not working well with an outline. Made me think he is literally making it up as he goes along. (I'm not a fiction writer, so this may be the norm, but it seemed odd to me)  I'm sure (hoping) he has a basic structure, he did have to give the show runners some direction. I hope I'm wrong.

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    It’s finally here! Happy premier day ladies!!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Today today today! It finally came!!!!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    What did everyone think?!
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    Bran is so creepy. 

I loved Cersei’s line about earning a queen. I’m very disappointed that her hair hasn’t grown out more. 

Arya flirting with Gendry was adorable. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak I really liked it! I'm glad that they got a lot of the awkward reunions out of the way and didn't drag out the whole Jon Snow parentage reveal. 

@heml Agreed about Arya and Gendry! Should be interesting to hear what Bran has to say to Jamie next week.
  • Options
    "I'm waiting for an old friend to arrive" - Bran  :D

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @heml Agreed about Bran. When Jon said, "You're a man now," and Bran replied, "Almost," our whole watch party just died laughing. Such a strange kid. And yes, Arya and Gendry were perfect. 

My heart just about broke watching Sam's face learning about his dad and brother. 
  • Options
    @MollyH1987 I loved that line. 

@heml I really liked the Arya/Gendry flirting. DH even said aloud, are they flirting. I will say I was a bit disappointed in some of the other reunions. I was expecting more, IDK, emotion? 

@oklahomak yes, poor Sam. it was so sad, but I did like his line about Bran doing, "whatever it is Bran does." 

What did you all think of the new opening sequence? I liked that it was so much more detailed in the few places that it did show. I also like a lot of the mirroring that happened with the pilot episode, and the ending with Jamie and Bran mirroring the ending of the first ep. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    I think it was a really good episode. Great mix of reunions/check-ins/set-ups, which is pretty much what you want from a season premier. Agree about Bran, he just needs to constantly remind everyone he is the 3-eyed raven, he can't even pretend to be normal.

Only things I was sad by was no Brienne and that it wasn't a longer episode
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @Avrilmai It seems like the opening sequence is going to show us where the white walkers are (they white tiles flipped over to look icy blue), so I really like that
  • Options
    I was also sad there was no Brienne or a longer episode for the premiere. I thought it unbecoming of Brienne to place her feelings about her interaction with Sansa on Jon. 

With regards to Bran, we are always left feeling confused about his role in this show. What is his deal?

My favorite line was Daenerys’s reply when Sansa asked her what dragons eat. The funniest scene was Tormund’s, “I’ve always had blue eyes!”

My fave reunion was Sansa and Tyrion, especially her comment about his cleverness. Oh and is anyone else excited at the thought of everyone finding out what a badass Arya is hopefully sometime soon?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    OH can we also discussed cersei hiring out Bron to take out Tyrion and jamie?! Id like to think his moral compass will win out.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @suzycupcake That was an excellent exchange between Sansa and Tyrion. Though not necessarily an exchange, the look on Jamie's face upon seeing Bran was perfect. 
    While Bran is painfully weird, they eased the awkwardness around him by everyone else acknowledging his weirdness.

@olivemomma YES. I don't think there's any way he'll go through with it. He loves both of them, and even though he's a sellsword, I think he realizes how horrible she is. 
  • Options
    @olivemomma yes! I don't think Bronn will go through with it, but I did love his final words on that. (I also wonder if that is part of George's story or if it is getting Bronn out of the same city as Cersei since apparently the actors cannot be around each other. )

Cersei had the opportunity to have both of her brothers killed in the S7 finale and couldn't go through with it, makes me think she is sending someone to do it because it is "easier" for her so she won't have to witness it. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    I agree @Avrilmai. It seems like she is planning to let the white walkers take a bunch of people out and we are over here going well, how is she planning to conquer them after the fact? Not to mention, it's clear where Bronn's true loyalty lies. She is extremely short sighted when her murderous side comes out. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI