August 2019 Moms
Options

Calling all Game of Thrones Fans!

Winter is right around the corner and it seems many of us share a love for this amazing show.

so let’s discuss! Favorite characters? Best jaw dropping moments? Greatest episode(s) to date? Which house would you belong to and/or fight for? Anything basically that has made seasons 1-7 so great. 

And season 8 - Any predictions? Who will live and who will die? Will dragons continue to fly over Westeros? Will the White Walkers be defeated for good? Dig deep on any and all theories for the final 6 episodes.

***spoiler alert - if you aren’t caught up you’ve been warned***

BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: Calling all Game of Thrones Fans!

• Options
    My season 8 ending predictions vary day by day. One day I think Jon and Dany are going to sit on the Iron Throne and establish a new Targ dynasty, the next I'm thinking the Night's King is just going to destroy everyone is Westeros! I just have no clue!

My prediction is the Arya will kill Cersei while wearing Jamie's face. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @olivemomma what if Bran IS the night king through this whole thing? 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Favorite characters? Arya, Tyrion
    Best jaw dropping moments? so many, I read the first 3 books after season 5, so it was interesting to see where they differed. but the moment that really got to me was seeing Hodor's origin and the loss of Summer, man I just cried. My DH was so excited at the last moment of S7, he really likes the white walker story line. 
    Greatest episode(s) to date?
    Which house would you belong to and/or fight for? I think one of those buzzfeed articles/quizzes put me in house Stark, but I'd never survive in the cold. I'd like to be in house Martell where it's warm and there's lots of wine. Well I just went and took it again and this time it says Targaryen. 
    Anything basically that has made seasons 1-7 so great. I love the story telling this big, complex story and all of these characters and really I just find it entertaining.
    I also really love the community and conversation around the show. I posted in the randoms thread I read an article back before season 7 about this being the last of the monoculture where people actually watch in real time and have conversations about it the next day. 

I've enoyed the "Binge Mode" podcast on the show. Each episode of the podcast is and episode recap and they go deep into theories, "history," pull from Martin's other related works, etc. I listened to it all before season 7 started and I'm looking forward to their S8 recaps. 

Other random thoughts:
    I can't wait to see Jon's reaction when he learns his true parentage. 
    Arya better not die. 
    I'm excited to see some of the reunions this season. And see characters interact that have had no interaction at all in 7 seasons. 
    If the wall has come down what it the purpose of the Night's Watch now? They're the watchers on the wall, but now there is no wall

S8 predictions: 
    Jon will ride Rhaegal 
    Arya will cross all the names off of her list. 
    I agree with @olivemomma I think Dany will die in childbirth and their child will rule, or it could just be Jon. it is about Ice and Fire and he is the embodiment of that. 
    Jamie will kill Cersei (isn't there some prediction about this? or was that just in the books. something about the younger brother killing her and he is technically younger)
    The Children of the Forrest will join in and help 
    I clearly have no idea...but that is part of the fun. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Lotus_2008 interesting. So do you think Arya kills Jamie?

@sourlemon I have thought of that - they obviously have some connection. I just don’t get how it would be possible. I know Bran can Warg and have a friend who’s convinced he Warged into the man who became the Knight King and got stuck in his body in efforts to prevent the army of the dead in the first place. Clearly they have played on the idea of time warging with Hodor when he unintentionally warged into Willis which led him to his ultimate destiny of Hodor. But that was when he was in a state of warging and clearly not present in his body of Bran. Bran and the Knight King seem to be operating simultaneously throughout the series. But I do think there’s a connection and I do think the Knight King is a Stark - it’s possibly why the few encounters he’s had with Starks - both Bran and Jon, they have survived. To be fair, Bran being the next Knight King is my prediction I feel the least strongly about.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    aecmaecm member
    I love hearing everyone’s predictions!

My favorite character is Tyrion, but otherwise I’m all for House Stark. My cousin came up with a list of all the characters remaining in the show, and if he thinks they’ll be alive or dead at the end of it all, which I thought was really interesting...he had Ghost dying, thinking that he’ll be killed defending Jon at some point, and I’m really hoping he’s wrong! I also think Cersei is too evil to die, so I think she’ll live. Otherwise I’m a little boring and don’t many predictions of my own! 

Also thinking that we need to go to go back and rewatch at least last season ASAP!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    I need to rewatch too! I plan to start after the Red Wedding because that was too traumatic for me to watch again. 

A friend mentioned reading a prediction that Littlefinger may not be dead, so I plan to dive into that after I’ve rewatched. 
  • Options
    This is so fun!

My favorite characters are Olenna and Margaery Tyrell and Tyrion. I also love Arya's development and can't wait to see what the last season has for her. And watching Jon Snow is also a favorite. Probably my favorite episodes were the Winds of Winter when Margery died and The Queen's Justice when Olenna died. 

I'm so bad at predictions, but I am loving reading everyone else's. I also listen to so many podcasts during the season. My favorite are Game of Thrones, Cast of Thrones, and A Case of Kings.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aukeevaukeev member
    edited March 2019
    Favorite characters? Tyrion, Tormund, the Hound, Lady Olenna and Jorah. All of the Starks are great, but I also find myself annoyed with them often. Arya is impulsive, Sansa can be a real B and Jon I think can be too emotional and too selfless, if that's a thing. 
    Best jaw dropping moments? Hodor's death, winter coming for House Frey, Battle of the Bastards, Battle at Hardhome

Predictions...
    I also think Littlefinger is still alive. MH pointed out that he couldn't be, because for the many-faced gods to have a face, the person had to be dead. BUT Arya saw her own face, and Jaquen (sp?) H'agar's face was on a body when he was also speaking to Arya. 
    Agreed on Tyrion being a Targaeryan - especially because of all of the rumors about his birth included him looking like a monster with scales, in addition to the loss of his mother during birth. I think Tyrion dies in season 8, but I' still not sure how. 
    On Cersei's death - I can't decide if I want Arya or Jaime to kill her. Arya has killed everyone on her list so far except for her, but it would also be so satisfying for Jaime to do it, though I kind of doubt that he could. I also wouldn't hate it if Sansa killed her. 
    Part of me thinks we lose both Jon and Daernys and Sansa ends up on the Iron Throne. I want a Stark to rule, but I can't see Jon as King and she has become so cunning and understands mercy, but has become so fierce. 
    I think Theon will die protecting a Stark. 
    Sam will come up with something brilliant that contributes to the defeat of the White Walkers and Gilly will end up doing something useful (not sure what, but I feel like she has to end up a BA at some point). 
  • Options
    @sourlemon who is Cersei’s brown haired beauty?! I’m an avid fan and can not figure out who this is!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @olivemomma @sourlemon Same! I was wondering when you said that. But part of me also kind of thinks she's lying about the pregnancy.
  • Options
    In season 1, cersei is talking to Cat when Bran is in his slumber. She mentions her first child was a brown haired beauty but she lost him. She said a fever took him and they came to take the body away, but many people believe she gave him away (sent him away) in order to have Jaime's kids. But that baby would technically be the sole heir of Robert baratheon. Who is this baby you ask....Gendry. Gendry is the rightful heir to the throne following Robert. HOWEVER, that would conflict with Daernys's claim preceeding Robert's claim so it could set up for a battle...if Ll the players end up alive. Gendry had a brief moment in the newest trailer, so the theory isn't dead yet. 

• Options
    Reason for having Jaime's kids is for a full Lannister to sit the throne, if that wasn't an obvious reason. 

• Options
    hemlheml member
    Started rewatching with season 6. I hate Ramsay Bolton so much, I don’t ever think I can watch that actor in anything else. 
  • Options
    Lady Olenna was a Queen. I loved her. I loved her at the end even more just shoving that knife in on how she killed Joffrey. 

Tyrion is also great. 

I love the Starks but they all have great moments of annoyance. Arya is so great. 

I love how the show has so many bad ass women who outlive most of the men. 

Brienne and Tormund scènes give me life. The best ever hahaha. 

Season 7 was epic every episode. Watching Ramsay die brought me pure joy (I know this was season 6). 

I don’t think I can handle Season 8. My in laws will be here and I told my H he needs to send them somewhere so I can watch in peace. My MIL is a weirdo prude and would die watching it/be pissed that we watch it. 

I am so excited. We are starting our rematch of Season 7 this week. We did the whole series in November. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    We are trying to rewatch the entire series before the premier. Just watched the purple wedding last night - definitely a top 10 episode! So satisfying. 

@heml I saw this interview once with the actor who plays Ramsey - do you know he originally auditioned for Jon Snow?! Can you imagine?! I hate his character too but man what an actor - one of the few actors I’ve ever seen who really captures pure evil so well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @akuvrev I want Brienne and Tormund to have gigantic babies together!!

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @olivemomma I did know that and CANNOT imagine him as Jon Snow. Apparently the actors are good friends in real life. He’s insanely talented, which is why I hate him so 
  • Options
    I was sooooo tired yesterday bc DH wanted to watch just one more episode Sunday night. 

@olivemomma @AKuzReve I was flipping through a magazine yesterday and they had a Mindy Kaling tweet:

"Find you a man who talks about you the way Tormund talks about Brienne of Tarth"

10:51 PM - 20 Aug 2017

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    Has anyone else been trying to re-watch the series before the new season?? DH and I started out strong and are now in the middle of season 5, but it feels like we are so behind since we had 2 1/2 seasons to get through still. And we both feel like we're too invested to quit now. 

Also, rewatching it is blowing my mind with how much I missed the first time!
  • Options
    @kminacap DH and I are rewatching. We're in S6 and the battle of the bastards is our next episode. I'm thinking this weekend will be a lot of binge watching. I'm looking forward to seeing S7 again after the complete re-watch. There are probably some things you can skip/fast forward to get through 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @kminacap I am also doing a re-watch and into S6. Started watching an episode last night, but fell asleep about 10 mins in. I think you still have plenty of time before the season premier. Remember that S7 is only 7 episodes. 

On a side note, I've already teared up thinking that this is the last season. This season is going to be rough enough without throwing pregnancy hormones in the mix!
  • Options
    We planned to re-watch. We procrastinated (well, i went to bed early for the last few months) and we are only done with S1E3 so....it aint happening!

• Options
    @kminacap We are also trying to re-watch. I don't think we'll get through the entire show since we're only up to season 4 now, but we mainly wanted to re-watch the earlier seasons for refreshers on significant things we may have missed when we originally watched it. 

@Avrilmai Oh man. What. An. Episode. 

@Lotus_2008 Did you see the Jimmy Fallon April Fool's video with Arya? Before I realized it was a joke I almost flipped. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak Not yet! I keep forgetting to watch it once I get home.
  • Options
    @oklahomak I had a news alert on my phone about the Tonight Show thing and I was really annoyed bc it didn't say anything about it being a joke and I'm trying to avoid spoilers. But later I saw something that said she had "the best prank" I just read the description of it. LOL. Also, I know, DH wanted to watch that episode after we finished ep 8, but i was like, no, we have to get up for work tomorrow.  

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    hemlheml member
    @Avrilmai We just rewatched Battle of the Bastards and I got mad all over again at Sansa for not communicating with Jon about Littlefinger’s offer! 

Arya’s Tonight Show spoiler was def the best April Fools joke ever. Her “what did I just do” face was so convincing. 

Anyone cooking anything special for the premiere?? I already know I’m gonna need a little taster of red wine. 
  • Options
    @heml YES. Sansa has been infuriating to me for so long and that was one of the must frustrating moments with her. I'm hoping she becomes a total BA in this season after all the crap she has been through. 

And yes, Maisie's face was so convincing! 

I haven't even thought about cooking anything special! Do you have a menu started? 
  • Options
    WE are rewatching and have a few more episodes left in season 6. I’m so excited yet dreading these next 6 weeks and it all being over!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @Lotus_2008 - Wow, just stunning. Get it, Brienne.

I feel most in-line with @olivemomma's predictions, though I agree with @Lotus_2008 that it will appear to be Jamie (we ALL know he can't do it, he's had the chance to 2-3x now), but - in fact - be Arya.

I know it's the 21st-century, developed nation prude coming out in me, but the thought of a Jon/Dany baby just grosses me out a little (as has the entire Jamie/Cersei storyline) and I do think if it does happen, poor Dany will definitely be dying in childbirth. BUT if that happens early enough, might she be resurrected on a pyre ... !? Because *then,* her AND Jon will have been brought back by their familial element and that might hold some interesting twists.

Speaking of babies, I totally need Brienne and Tormund to make this thing happen!

@sourlemon, I'm right there with you on the Gendry theory. I think it's supported with the fact that we know he is Robert's son (or at least I feel we know it) AND the fact that she's SO Team Lannister that she *would* think any child that is not 100% Lannister IS a bastard.

I'm interested to see this Bran/Night's King parallel play out and I, too, wonder what will happen to the Night's Watch with a fallen Wall.

And - yes - the Children of the Forest, I feel SO much has happened that we've forgotten about them. I anticipate seeing them this season.

And, YES! @heml, I'm right there with you. I think that would be a perfect way to enjoy the show.

**History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @heml you know they make GOT wine?!? We may just own a few bottles 🤷‍♀️
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    MollyH1987MollyH1987 member
    edited April 2019

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @olivemomma @oklahomak we tried both the white and the red wine, I prefer the red. Our local store still carries it. And DH actually liked some of the beers. He really wanted to get more but we couldn’t find it anywhere after S7 premiered. 

Anyone going to/hosting any parties? 

We have a friend who is a super fan and she’s hosting  a party Saturday night. She did a GoT costume party for Halloween a few years ago and her S7 premiere party had pool noodle jousting. I’m interested too see what she does this time. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    hemlheml member
    edited April 2019
    @oklahomak I feel like I should do some kind of stew since they always seem to be eating that, but it seems to hot for that.

ETA: @olivemomma I think I did see that! World Market carries them maybe?