Randoms 1/21

Me: 31
H: 36
L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Randoms 1/21

• Options
    I have the day off today. I wanted to get sooo much done. It started out good but now I just sewed the pillowcase with the outside of one side on the inside so I kind of just want to say F it and give up on today
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    School is out for all the kids so I have 4 kids by myself today. I’m so exhausted because once I wake up to pee in the middle of the night I can’t get back to sleep. Pray for me. They’re currently resisting their naps by screaming like banshees 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    T&Ps @harveyisaboysname. Please be quiet children!
    @kosmo86 I had really high hopes for productivity today, but my doctor's appointment took almost 2 hours today so after that I decided lunch and a nap would be better.

I'm a little worried. The boys are slipping in their growth curve (40th%, 4w ago, 25th% 2w ago, now 17th%). MFM said due to my pre-e history and my spotty BP already this pregnancy it might be early stages of pre-e coming back, or I could just be making small babies this time around (DS was a little under average weight when he was born at 39w2 but that was likely due to pre-e). She told me not to worry, that she was just letting me know it's something to keep an eye on since she's not my usual MFM, but if there is something to possibly worry about, I'm gonna worry, haha.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MRDCle I didn’t realize pre-e could restrict growth - I would just assume the boys were small because twins. Obvi the mfm knows better. Send a message to the normal mfm and ask, perhaps?
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname DD woke up from her nap and started screaming like a banshee for food. Yogurt, milk, pickled onions, clementine...now all over the kitchen and living room and she wants my “mama snack” of raw cookie dough. I wish I could put her back to sleep.
  • Options
    @lyse01 I didn’t either. And would have assumed the same. @MRDCle
    DD was underweight for her gestational age. 

But that’s good to know since i’m at an increased risk of pre-e and they suspect something caused IUGR with DD and possibly for this one as well. I’m really anxious to schedule and do my growth ultrasound now. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @lyse01 no!! I don’t wish this day on anyone. Just know you’re not alone! 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @MRDCle: Hugs! I always get stressed out seeing different people because they can focus on divergent things or not put the info in the same context.  I'd second sending the message to your normal MFM, especially if you aren't sure they will get the results otherwise?
  • Options
    I definitely feel like we’re going to be spending the next 11 weekends getting ready for LO or doing baby related things, like going to baby showers and our birthing class. And when I think about it like that, there really isn’t that much time left. We started working on some nursery decorations and I washed, folded, and sorted all the baby clothes we have so far. We’re trying to knock out little things before February when we’ll get a little busier. 

But I’m glad we’re finally able to work on stuff because I’ve been anxious to have baby stuff to do. Also I’m grateful that DH is such a big help because I’ve still been able to get in some much needed naps. 
  • Options
    Super grumpy today. I had the day off but scheduled too many things and it made me way stressed. I also thought the hospital tour was at 1230 instead of 1130 and so I had to miss it, and I don’t know if I’ll have another chance before labor.

One of of our assignments in childbirthing class this week was to start packing the hospital bag, so I’ve been buying things throughout the week. At least one thing I’ve bought in every batch is ‘wrong’ according to DH and it’s pissing me off. Why can he listen so well to the specifications on all these items, but not anything that he can do to help me out? Like calling the baby’s pediatrician to see if they are accepting new patients?
  • Options
    @florallimeade Stress, anxiety, and grumpiness is in me too.

Long Rant

My 22 year old BIL has been living with us for the past 1 1/2 years with his 3 year old dog who is appropriately named Grievous. He and his dog haven't bothered me so much until like the past month or so, therefore only during pregnancy. Lately he has shown lack of care for my words to him on his dog's behavior and disobedience as well as my asking him to do some things like keeps lights off when leaving the room, shutting the screen door, putting his dog up when no one is home, etc.. My husband had a conversation with him last week with me present and my BIL essentially said he knows that we consistently put his dog up when we leave the house but he does not because he thinks his dog has been pretty well behaved lately. I was upset when he acknowledged not putting his dog up and said he thinks his dog is good. Literally two days later, when BIL was home, Grievous took my biscuit from off the counter in my kitchen. I yelled at the dog and BIL did not acknowledge the situation or say a word to either me or his dog. Grievous takes things out of my trashcans right in front of me and takes food and other items off the kitchen counters and tears apart things he gets out of our recycling trashcans. He is not a good dog! I want him and Grievous out of my house- I have had enough of what I think is his disrespect and his dog's lack of training and obedience. DH and I have a 3 year old dog as well who is well trained, obedient, and listens on the first or second command, because we have put real effort into training her to be an obedient dog. With our first child coming, I won't be able to handle them. Additionally, my BIL works full time and is in school and has a social life so he is rarely home. When DH asked him what his schedule is for his dog to go potty, my BIL's response was "I let him out pretty consistently between 10am and 11am every day, pretty much." I was shocked. After their conversation I asked my husband if it sounded to him like he was saying that he only lets his dog out once a day and he said Yes. I don't want him here anymore. He doesn't take his dog to the vet, I have asked him more than once to get his dog flea and tick prevention and he just doesn't do it, I've even bought him a cheap flea collar and put it on Grievous and it was taken off within a couple weeks, then I bought the same expensive collar we use on our dog for flea prevention and told BIL "You can put this on him until it expires or you get one yourself" and he did not use it. But he doesn't check for fleas because in his words his dog is too black to see them. That is a bull excuse.
    My frustration and resentment is high and I want them out. My DH is passive and rarely confronts his brother.
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that! The frustration definitely sounds warranted. 
    This weekend we had our childbirth class, ordered the nursery furniture, and finally started to talk names. Shit’s getting real!

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery I once had a roommate with a dog who acted like that...and would also just not come home from her one night stand until the afternoon, text no one to take the pup out, leave us to deal with her college friend who showed up on the doorstep in the morning...long story short, I blew up at her frequently for being irresponsible, and vice versa for me treating her like a child. It was a good thing the lease ran out soon after. I’m sorry your DH can’t impress upon his brother the seriousness of the situation.

Also, drive by frequency has me thinking it might be time to start going private.
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama that dress is so lovely!! How wonderful it’s been kept for you and is still in such good condition! 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama that is beautiful!
    @lyse01 I keep hearing the term but don't know what it means what is drive by?

I'm waiting on my tax refund to do the bulk of my baby shopping and the wait is killing me! I need some baby related activities to kill the time. I did build her swing so that was fun. We had her name picked out pretty much from the beginning but now we're second guessing and thinking of switching. 
  • Options
    @lyse01 I’m not ready to go to fb or anything. But it is weird how many drive bys we’ve had recently. 

@lilpotatomama that’s beautiful and so special. 

@mighty_montgomery sounds like you and H need to sit down and get on the same page, then have a serious convo with your BIL. It can be great to have extra helpers around when there’s a new baby, but it doesn’t sound like that’s going to be the case. And You’re not going to want to be in charge of his sh*t when baby arrives. 
  • Options
    I think the drive bys add some excitement. They have posted mostly legit questions so its all good. 

@mighty_montgomery - I would 1000000% tell you BIL to hit the bricks. Does he help financially? Dogs and babies don't always mix. Do you really want his dog chewing up the things you buy for the baby? The first few months with a baby are rough and added stress isn't worth it. You can give him 60 day notice, shou.d be enough time. 

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery agree with all PPs. That's some grade-A BS. 

I'm like, almost afraid to post this in fear that I might jinx it, but DH went to talk to MIL about if she would be willing to help watch the boys for a year or so once I went back to work (she quit her job about 8 years ago when the first of the grandkids were born) and she said not only would she help but she would come to our house to watch them. That is HUGE. She only lives about 10 minutes away so getting them dropped off in the mornings wouldn't be bad, but we have to take DS1 to DC/Pre-k which is 15 minutes the other direction so mornings when DH has his work truck would end up being hell for me. So, that should hopefully work out.
    Biggest issues: 1) Now I gotta keep my house looking less shitty most of the time 2) I know SIL is going to feel slighted. She has a daughter who will be close to 18mo at that point who MIL helps to watch a few times a week, but SIL works down the street from her house about 20 hours a week, while DH and I are out of the house from about 7a till at least 5p every day. She would still be able to help with our niece, but it would mean SIL bringing her to our house (only about 10 minutes away), or MIL picking her up. DH and I are really committed to making this work so I'm hoping we can get her on board without hard feelings. 
  • Options
    kosmo86 said:

@mighty_montgomery - I would 1000000% tell you BIL to hit the bricks. Does he help financially? Dogs and babies don't always mix. Do you really want his dog chewing up the things you buy for the baby? The first few months with a baby are rough and added stress isn't worth it. You can give him 60 day notice, shou.d be enough time. 
    Absolutely this. I love dogs and am a dog person through and through but even well behaved and well trained dogs can have issues. I was bitten on the face by my grandmas well trained poodle as a baby and when she refused to get rid of the dog my parents moved out that day. (My mom was 17).
    I ended up with a fabulous black lab many years ago because my mom didn’t have time to train him properly and he kept eating the kids toys and peeing in her bed. Dogs and babies can mix but they don’t always. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited January 2019
    The app AND mobile internet both won’t let me love tit this morning. So annoying. @mighty_montgomery I’m not crazy familiar with dogs since I’m allergic, but I agree with everyone else. Your house, your rules.

I’m actually going to go ahead and start a thread about going private and the eventual FB transition. No pressure, we obviously aren’t moving tomorrow or anything, haha. Just to gauge where we are all at opinion wise.
  • Options

+1 to giving your BIL notice @mighty_montgomery. I'm also a dog lover, I have two myself, but I don't expect other people to tolerate bad behavior from them or expect them to train my animals for me. With a new baby coming that is going to be exponentially harder to deal with.

AFM: we found our daycare! I was able to take advantage of the day off from work yesterday to go tour one I've had my eye on and not only did it wind up being the least expensive option (we thought for sure it'd be the most expensive) but it was the only place I called that encouraged me to come by unannounced/unscheduled for a tour - that is huge for me!

I had a really good gut feeling the whole time I was there and all the kids looked really happy so I feel confident about it. We are putting our registration/deposit in today!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Anyone know how to create a poll in a new discussion? 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama it won’t let me love tit either. It goes through like days where it will let me post but not love tit. And then all of a sudden it’s fixed. Wonky as all hell. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @lilpotatomama when I click the drop down menu...
  • Options
    @lyse01 wow, how did I miss that? Thanks! @thatbaintforbetty TB needs to get it together.
  • Options
    @lyse01 wow, how did I miss that? Thanks! @thatbaintforbetty TB needs to get it together.
  • Options
    I'm surprised you ladies have read my comment given its length and I want to say that I really appreciate all the thoughts and support!
    Ok, so now I know I'm not just overreacting and pregnancy-crazy. My husband says he wants to wait until he gets home (currently away on a business trip) to talk to me first and then talk to his brother. Although I'm not sure what he has in mind, I know he supports me and since we've already briefly talked with his brother and didn't like the outcome I don't think DH will make excuses for him to stay, plus there will be much less negativity from me in our marriage if they leave.
    It's hard knowing we need to have a moving out talk, but I agree it is necessary. I've also spoken with my mentor and best friend over the past week who also suggest we have a talk with him about moving out before our baby comes. I hope DH and I have the courage to have this face-to-face talk ASAP, so if anyone of you are people who pray, please feel welcome to pray that we have this talk with BIL soon and that he is receptive and all goes well without damaging family relationships (if possible).
  • Options
    @sheknows6 yay to having DC figured out! I know that was a big weight off my shoulders as well. Being able to drop in unannounced is huge IMO. 
  • Options
    @sheknows6 , I'm glad you found a daycare that works for you!  That's awesome.

@mighty_montgomery , I'm late to the discussion, but I definitely agree you have to have a talk with your DH and BIL.  I know I would not have been able to deal with someone like that around my newborn and adding to my stress.

My sweet tooth cravings are out of control and my emotional eating doesn't help :expressionless:.  I just ate 4 Oreos and it's not even noon....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I need to rant. 

I am so so sick of insurance issues. We were supposed to be done with all this red tape when the insurance from my employer took over. But nope. Apparently someone didn’t get the deduction taken out of my paycheck correctly and it messed everything up. My HR has already confirmed to the insurance that I have coverage. And she went back to the administrators and had them confirm that I have insurance and that everything was taken care of. But I called this morning and my insurance still has no record of me having coverage. I have no idea what to even do from here. I have access to care but it’s super annoying to have to call and explain to whoever every single time. Not to mention it’s making my prescriptions a nightmare. This kid is seriously going to be born before this shit gets settled. And it’s giving me some serious anxiety that I do not need on top of everything else. Ahhhhhh!!!!!
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty insurance problems are the worst. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I would lose my mind and my temper.
  • Options

@thatbaintforbetty that is such a pain in the ass!

I would ask your HR for a proof of coverage document or at least have them coordinate you with their writing agent so you can get it sorted out without having to deal with a new rep every time. That sucks!

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty insurance is seriously one of the most frustrating parts of being an adult. 

My parents very kindly bought us two new crib mattresses, and they were set to deliver tomorrow. Great! Sunday my dad texts me, mid-fucking-snowstorm, that they were out for delivery. No one approached our house or anything (our dog would have barked) and they sent them a message "Front door inaccessible." Ohhhkaaaaaay or no one tried due to the storm which is fine but like, let's be honest with each other .TODAY they said they tried to deliver again but that the mailbox was full or too small for the package.  THEY'RE MATTRESSES. No shit the mailbox isn't big enough for them. So now I have the honor of trying to fit a visit to our post office (hours 9-4something with no joke, a two hour lunch) into one of my days soon. Can't wait.  I wish it was delivered to the post office a little farther away where everyone working doesn't hate the customers.  
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery I hadn’t weighed in yet but I’m so glad YH is on board with supporting you. If BIL can’t control his dog now, or care enough to be thoughtful of his dog, it could be so much worse when baby arrives. Dogs can be upset by the stress of a new baby and lash out, even if well trained like yours is, so you’ll probably have your hands full just making sure your dog is doing ok. It sounds like BIL is a crappy dog owner. I hope you can get all that sorted easily. 
  • Options
    I am kind of over being pregnant today. I can't get comfortable at all at work right now and it is driving me crazy. only 13 more weeks to go. woot

• Options
    My baby keeps reminding me of my posture; when I hunch forward towards the computer screen he kicks me so that I sit back in the chair, lol.
  • Options
    Kegels!

• Options
    My baby keeps reminding me of my posture; when I hunch forward towards the computer screen he kicks me so that I sit back in the chair, lol.
    If I don't sit with almost an arched back the baby butt in my ribcage burns ha. 
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    If I don't sit with almost an arched back the baby butt in my ribcage burns ha. 
    +1. I almost like it though because it helps with kick counts during the day. 

@MRDCle can you hire someone to get it for you? Like those people who do errands for a fee? (yes, that's how lazy I am at this point)