September 2019 Moms
Options

Baby Names!

Re: Baby Names!

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @lillywonderland I love.Jane and the meaning behind why you like it! I hope your DH reconsiders! 

• Options
    @LJMoon6 it depends how much I disliked the potential nickname! I think if I had a personal association with a nn and disliked it for that reason it would be enough to nix the name because I'd worry I'd have that association in mind too much if the nn was in use for my kid, but if it was more that I didn't like the way it sounds etc I might just chance it that the nn wouldn't end up in use. I personally wouldn't worry a lot about if people will always get the pronunciation right - a lot of names have that issue or get misheard easily (Brian and Ryan were the surprise standouts for confusing me on the phone) and if you have to correct people sometimes, or they ask before they say it/don't know how to spell it immediately, that doesn't strike me as a big deal (as someone who grew up constantly pronouncing/spelling my last name for everyone).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 that’s exactly how I pronounced it the first time I read it! 
  • Options
    We are set on the name Anna. DS wants to call her Annie. Right now I like the middle name Maria, which is also one of my favorite saints. Is Anna Maria too much though? I see it is a FL island too but I'm not really concerned with that. I googled and it was Mozart's mom's name which I thought was cool. 
  • Options
    @kaceyallan @lillywonderland Jane is my girl name! Use it!! It's my grandmother's name I've always loved it. Looking for boy name inspiration my husband is the sixth of his name so we feel a little pressured to keep that going.
  • Options
    My name is what my screen name is. I don't know how many of you will have gotten it correct but it is pronounced Taylee. After 33 yrs and working with the public I have given up on correcting everyone. I have been at my job for 5 years and I still have regulars who call me by whatever name they think mine is. 
    My daughters name is one where Nat could be a nickname and to be honest I cannot stand Nat. I finally told my mom the other day that I really don't like it. She asked me what I call her. I said I call her by her name or any other crazy nickname that I have given her. She said okay. So hopefully she will remember. 
  • Options
    tan&webtan&web member
    edited May 2019

@Holjacks3

My first born is Quinn! she's going to be 3 in June. I always liked the name Colin or C or K names with it. We are working on a boys name for this one and I like when they sound nice together.

• Options
    Rant: I hesitated to tell my mom the name we picked out because I know she will think it is too out there. When she finally cracked me I was surprised to find out she didn’t immediately have a negative reaction to the first name (Sutton) but rather the middle name (Jane). She said “what after your grandma?!” I didn’t even realize my estranged and deceased father’s mother’s middle name was Jane. She was dead long before I was even born. I explained that and she said “well your sisters (half sisters I don’t interact with more than being FB friends) are going to think it’s after her. You can’t be serious.” I just went silent and she finally said it would be a lovely name. She always finds a way to put me down I swear.
    End rant 
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 your mom sounds reactive, rather than taking some time to think and talk about things. There may be something that is bothering her about a specific person, but she communicated very poorly rather than having a conversation or just shutting up. Families have all kinds of weird dynamics. 

Jane is a classic name that has been around forever. Someone will always have a link to that name, but that’s because it’s a great, classic name! Let it be what it means to you!❤️ If you were to pick a name that no one will have any link to, we would all be here begging you not to name your poor child a made up name! Basically, I’m saying go with your heart and feel good about it!!!
  • Options
    @blitzybee thank you! You’re exactly right! 
  • Options

So by random chance my husband and I hear a name on tv last night and we both actually like it!  The first name we've been able to agree on which made me really happy.  And the more I think about it and say it the more I'm into it.  It's a name I've never considered but I think it's a strong contender.  Josiah. 

My older boy's name is also a biblical name (Tobias) so I like that connection.  It does sound maybe a little too biblical but not enough to make me dislike it.  I only say that because while we were both raised catholic we don't exactly go to church regularly in recent years so might make me feel slightly like a poser lol but I do still like it. 

So I'm thinking Josiah Alexander.  Hopefully I'm legitimately really liking it and not just over the moon that we both finally actually could agree on a name to put on the list lol

• Options
    @LilyASF42 I love Josiah! I know one, and he/his family aren’t particularly religious. 
  • Options
    @cammie0526 I like that it can easily be shorted to Joe if the kid wants as he grows (or always keep it Josiah!). Joseph was one of the first few I liked that my husband shot down for being too common so I think this does the trick. Fingers crossed lol. Need to tell it around the house a little longer to see how it feels 😂
  • Options
    Which do you like more.....trying to incorporate Margaret my grandmother s name into it

Brooke Margaret
    Margaret"Maggie" Grace

• Options
    @babysister2019 I like Margaret Grace better
  • Options
    @babysister2019 I like Margaret Grace. Maggie is cute!

@LilyASF42 Mateo is also cute! It's a guilty pleasure of mine.
  • Options
    @LilyASF42 Mateo is so cute!
  • Options
    @LilyASF42 I think Mateo is a cool name! Unique without sounding being too "special snowflake."
  • Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @LilyASF42 I love Mateo. I know one IRL and I've always loved hearing/saying his name. It has a nice ring to it.

• Options
    LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    I have a feeling Mateo is going to explode in the next couple years cause I really love it too! DH was not on board so we moved on lol.

We've been talking about using Eldon as a middle name. It was my FILs middle name and DH wants to try to incorporate it. Although I don't think he would be too upset if we didn't. All the first names that we like do not sound good with it tho... any suggestions? One we're considering is Henley Eldon...  :# not sure yet how much I like it.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 Henley is such a cute name I love it! It doesn’t necessarily flow with Eldon, but would anything really? It definitely doesn’t sound bad! That’s how my last name is. There’s nothing that’s going to necessarily compliment it so might as well pick the name you like! 
  • Options
    @cammie0526 @duewithpu2 @kgg2241 @themadcamel @LJMoon6 Thanks!  I’m really loving it. I think it’s foreign enough without being too foreign lol. I say this knowing the pros and cons of growing up with a “weird foreign” name lol. It’ll work well since it’s the Spanish version of Matthew and my husband and his family are Ecuadorian and it’s also very similar to the Portuguese Mateus which would be for my side. But I’ve definitely heard a lot of non Spanish speakers say it enough times that I don’t think many will be stumped when they see or hear it
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I really like Eldon!  Hadn’t really thought about that name at all but I like it. Henley is really cute too. Not sure if there’s anything better to go with Eldon but I don’t dislike those two together. Besides, how often do people really get called by both names anyway :-)
  • Options
    @babysister2019 I really like Margaret Grace too.
    @LilyASF42 I'm going to be honest and say I'm not a huge Mateo fan but we were throwing around Maximus for a boy so take that with a grain of salt  ;) I loved Josiah though so it may be influencing me.
  • Options
    @janat1717 Not a worry at all!  I still really like Josiah too but just didn’t get that feeling, you know?  Maximus can be fun!  Reminds me of my SILs husband (who’s from Naples and VERY Italian :-D) is advocating for Marcus Auralius if they ever have a kid lol. My SIL is very much a no onbthat one lol
  • Options
    We are picking from I'm  saint names so we are in the Greek, Russian, biblical and old school Roman name groups. I'm glad she's a girl so we can go easy with Anna. It was kind of a given with my due date.
  • Options
    Recently found and am trying out 'Finnegan' for one of ours. Goes well with last name, I'm just having a hard time finding another name that works with it for my second. I figure I'll fight thru middle names once firsts are decided. 
  • Options
    @cheshyre319 I love Finnegan! 
  • Options
    I kept thinking, oh no rush on names, there's plenty of time... And here I am just a few weeks away from 3rd trimester! Still plenty of time I guess...

DH and I finally shortened the list and here are my faves:

Camilla Jade V
    Clara Kay V
    Laurel Evan V 
  • Options
    @pennylane91 my vote is for Clara Kay! 
  • Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @pennylane91 Yes, I love Clara! Beautiful. You really can't go wrong with any of them though! 

• Options
    @pennylane91 I have been loving the name Clara and it's on my top three list as well but I haven't been able to get hubby on board with it :/ He doesn't really like any of my top names though but I am keeping them at the top of the list in hopes one will grow on him with time haha
  • Options
    @pennylane91 I love Clara! So gorgeous. 

H will not stop referring to this baby as (my name) Jr. It’s getting so annoying because he won’t actually have a real name discussion. I want to kick him in the shin sometimes.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @zuuls_mom Last time DH kept suggesting ridiculous viking names and every once in a while it would turn out he was serious and he'd get offended when I laughed. It got super annoying.
  • Options
    @janat1717 are we married to the same man?! With DS, we literally went on a Norwegian name website and H joked about naming him Borg 😂
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    So DH and I had our first talk about names this weekend... He really likes Stella.  And I'm all for old fashioned, more classic names (rather than trendy and unique) but I don't know how I feel about Stella.  Any thoughts?
  • Options
    @RedBreast35 I like Stella but I'll be honest, the first thing that comes to my mind is A Street Car Named Desire :-)  Not totally a bad thing but could be :-)  Maybe a variant on it?  Like Estelle or Celeste?  Not exactly related but I've always loved Cecilia too (though Simon & Garfunkel totally pop into my brain for that one too lol)