September 2019 Moms
Options

Baby Names!

Re: Baby Names!

• Options
    Ok, so now we are thinking 
    Osiris Alexander Kelley
    his initials would be OAK
     and Osiris is unique but easy to pronounce and spell. 

Mom feeling OK about this name!
    😂
  • Options
    @ternsetc We aren't super close to the family. We say hello etc if we see each other at pick up/drop off but that's it. And I know I wouldn't feel weird at all if it was a more common name so I need to stop overthinking lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Now that we know it’s a boy, MH is really not on board with Jackson 😢 I won’t push it on him. I’m leaning towards Jacob Andrew now. 
  • Options
    We are having a boy and the only boy name my husband likes is Dylan which I like too but hubs literally likes nothing I did. And middle name will be after his navy grandfather who passed away this past October. Dylan Jerry will be his name. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having such name difficulties. I've had girl names picked out for a while, but never could find a boy name I liked. Now we're having twin boys. 🙄
    Hubs is being insistent about the "oldest" having the middle name Harley, since in his family the first born Male of the first born always gets that name. But I hate it. And i think it is unfair to a twin to have that kind of family pressure (I also deeply dislike pretty much every penis he is bio related to). Also, naming directly after his dead bf is out. 
    Any time I find a male name I like, he dislikes it. It doesn't help that he has a very Scottish last name (one of the Mc ones).
    /rant 
  • Options
    Please help!! I am having Di/Di twins, due September 15th. I really like the name Quinn for a girl. What would be a good boy and girl name to go with Quinn. I am struggling on this. We don't know the genders yet but will find out next week so I'm trying to get lots of ideas!
  • Options
    @Holjacks3 hi and welcome! I'm also due with twins and found that the Baby Name Together app has been helpful with all sorts of suggestions since DH and I can't agree on anything. 
  • Options
    @Holjacks3 I’d wait til you find out the sex of the twins. My husband and I couldn’t think of a boy name to save our life for this pregnancy so we ended up tabling it until we found out the sex. Ends up we are having a girl so it all worked out! 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to have another boy, so this time I want to name him Killian. My last name is Hamilton. So all together I was thinking Killian James Hamilton. Was wondering what others thought or if someone could come up with something better.
  • Options
    @tigergurl I love Killian. It was our top choice for a boy, but we know we are having a girl now. I think it is a very nice name and James sounds great with it. Go with it!
  • Options
    The boy name was easy. We both picked  a family name, so we have Malcolm Lee. The girl name was much trickier. We each made a list of 20+ names we liked. We didn't have a single double, so then we went through the names on each other's list. The only two names we could shake out were Willow and Athena.... So there we have it! Willow Athena.
  • Options
    UFJenUFJen member
    Since we know its a girl we are stuck between two names. Our top two are Avery or Emma. Avery is of course my favorite and Emma is my husbands. The middle name will be Taylor so that's set and not negotiable, so I don't know how we will decide.
  • Options
    @mamabear092019 I LOVE Malcolm 😍
  • Options
    Our current top pick is Caitlin. Girl names are so difficult!!!!
  • Options
    @themadcamel that is my name spelled different! I’ve always liked it, but be prepared to spell it out for everything! I actually saw a thing on Facebook that was 135 different spellings of the name. When I’m asked how to spell it for an order at a restaurant I just say however you want. I don’t mind the different spellings at all lol
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 haha yes, all of the spelling variations make me hesitate a bit. From what I can find, Caitlin was the original Irish spelling but it was pronounced more like Kathleen. When it came to the US, it was spelled the same way at first but pronounced like Katelyn, and then I guess that's when all the variations started happening. I like how it sounds, but I'm not crazy about the letter K or names with the -lyn ending (no offense if that's how yours is spelled ;)).
  • Options
    @themadcamel No offense taken! I’m not sure how I would spell it if given the chance! More often than not I get “Katelyn”. The thing that blows my mind is when people mispronounce it as cat-lyn or Kate-land 🤯 
    I say don’t let the spelling variations deter you. People will find a way to mess up even the most straightforward name!
  • Options
    99% sure we are going with Willa Charlotte 😁 We are waiting for our anatomy scan on May 1st to be sure.
  • Options
    We’re still team green, but hoping to get NIPT results soon! DS is Levi Sebastian. 

Top girl names are Eleanor, Mila, and Freyja

Top boy names are Julian, Ellis, Reuben, Sam, Max, and Silas. 

Boy names are so hard...

• Options
    @house_of_boys Agree that boy names are hard. We’re green for now, and already have (what we feel is) the bestest ever name for DS so it’s hard to top that!! 🤣

DH has been giving me awesome girl names left and right!! Girl names are so easy!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @house_of_boys love the name Freyja! I agree boy names are sooo hard. Especially with a boy at home already.

I know I’ve said it before, but I’m oficially done this time. The names are set in stone! I gave DH his top boy name and he gave me my top girl name. A girl will be Sutton Jane and a boy will be Hudson Joshua. 

• Options
    Boys names are the hardest.  Me and Dh have complete different style for boys names.  Thank goodness this one is a girl.  We had liked Edith and told the kids so now that is her name!
  • Options
    You can add me to the "boy names are hard" group!  If this was a girl, I'd have 5 options easily available in seconds.  Not only is it hard to find any name we like, but that we also both agree on!  Like @lillywonderland we already love our oldest son's names so much we can't think up another one now! 
  • Options
    I disagree on girls names being easy!! I love love love my daughters name, so I cannot come up with anything that I feel remotely comparable about! (I like unique names but nothing crazy and I'm not a fan of a different spelling variation on a more common name). I don't want my kids to be one of 19083058 "Susan's" in a class but I also don't want them to be the weirdo. Its a delicate balance! That being said, I can't really come up with a boy name I love for the same reasons... so. Names are just hard!!! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    I’ve only ever been able to come up with girl names... but probably because I like unisex names for girls, so the options seem much wider. I guess that’s one area that it’s lucky I only make girls anyway! We’re going with Parker Grace for this one, though I’ve been a hair wishy washy on the middle name. I haven’t found anything else I’ve loved more, so for now, that’s our winner!
  • Options

Any time we think we have a boy name picked out I realized that it’s become a popular girl name. I think it’s adorable when girls have a boyish name. But I would hate to name my son something only to find out that it’s more popular as a girl’s name. I would feel so bad for him.

The only 3 names we’ve agreed on so far are:

Lincoln- nn Link (MH wanted to call him straight up Link from Zelda and I told him no so he came up with Lincoln instead, which I don’t hate)

Finley

Albert- nn Albi (We like Albi so much that we might even scrap the full name completely, not sure on spelling tho)

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 I love Finley!
  • Options
    I find boy names harder but I think that’s because we already have a boy and used our top name for him! This one is a girl...we had zero boy names we could come up with so it worked out! We are going with Emerson or Riley for our daughter. 💕
  • Options
    @kiddiesandkitties I love Parker! That was one that came up in convo for us! 
  • Options
    UFJenUFJen member
    We had our sons name picked out before the anatomy scan, but for this little one we are still debating. I hate not having a name picked for sure. Right now our top are Emma, Brynn or Avery. My husbands and I cant agree on the favorite right now.
  • Options
    @jaykay2004 so cute! Love the double J sounds!
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom I love Zoey! I have a friend named Zoe and she is the best, so I fully support baby Zoey Zuuls. Zz for short, duh ;).
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom I love it, too!  You would get to make umlaut decisions!  Fun!  
  • Options
    @kgg2241 @mamaber2204 I'm not going to push it and just wait it out and see if it grows on him. He's the type that's easily spooked if you talk about a name too much. That's what happened to Lillian, sadly. That was my favorite potential name for this one and I still really hope he comes around on it. *sigh*
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    I think we may have finally been able to start our boys names. I have a thing about not wanting them to be too similar, but to have the same (or close to) amount of syllables. 
    Remington and Peregrin nn Remy and Pippin 

I still liked them the next day too, which doesn't happen often. Now we just need to agree on middle names. 
    Girls would have been so much easier! I had those names ready!
  • Options
    amomhamomh member
    @zuuls_mom my husband is the same way. We decided on our girl's name bc he said "that one isnt terrible". Lol i'll take it!!
  • Options
    I am really liking the name Norah lately, but DH is pretty meh about it.
  • Options
    @bubsalicious I love the name Norah! I'm having a boy but Norah was at the top of my girls list. 

We like the name Ezra the most so far. We also recently started discussing the name Val, which is very different and I disliked when husband suggested it, but then throughout the day it grew on me. 

Other names on the list are: 
    Miles
    Arthur
    Lev

For now we call him Richard as a joke amongst ourselves.